Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

Pokemon Reborn Guide - Part 13

Fumble

Question

So, after seeing Dashie's, Nickaboo's, Koyo's, Sophia's, and plenty of other Guides to Reborn end pretty abruptly, I guess I'll try to make a more complete version, using all of the information I know plus the stuff (including some pictures) in the Guides!

also I like this font so I'm going to use this for the Guide

By the way, if this thread is locked, it's because I locked it for the time being so that nobody can post in the thread. I'll unlock it when I have to fix something or add a new part.

zzz rip guide is now permanently on hiatus. canceled. done. sorry, it's just that I've been busy and idk when I can even make parts bc I'm typically doing something other than this in my free time :c anyone has permission to create their own completionist guide with information from this one, tho!

If you want to add something, post it here instead of on this thread, please!

First things first, make sure you download the latest episode of Reborn, since some things may have been updated, by checking the Game Download page.

Some Helpful Links:

An Introduction To Reborn

Game FAQ

Reborn on Wine Guide and FAQ / Reborn on Linux Guide

E15 Bug List

Pokémon Location Guide / Pokémon EV Training Guide (with encounter rates)

Item Guide (including a link to the Sticker Guide)

Puzzle and Hard-To-Find Pokemon/Items Locations Guide

Bosses' Teams List

Despair Syndrome's "Horribly Written" Guide (A simplistic continuation of Sophia's)

Lord Chespin's Reborn Hardcore Guide

Mods for Reborn:

Hardcore Mod: Increases the difficulty of most battles, with a few changes added for balance purposes. Rebattling characters coming soon!

Follower Pokemon Mod: Allows you to let your Pokemon follow you, complete with a toggle button so you don't have to keep switching your party!

If you have any questions on where a Pokemon/Item is, try asking in the On the Hunt section, although I have most of the Guides provided for you here and in the posts below. Need help with your team, or are you struggling against a Gym Leader? Go to the Team Showcase section. Catch a bug or is your save file broken? Use the Bug Reporting / Troubleshooting subforums. Want to say something that doesn't fit any of these categories? Reborn City is where to go. And, if you want, there's always the option to ask on the Reborn Showdown server, the Reborn Reddit, or the Reborn Facebook page! Keep in mind that this is REBORN ONLY, not Rejuvenation or any other fan-game out there.

Credits to: Anybody who posted in the Discussion Thread or anybody who made any helpful thread I linked from here, especially DerpySimon, Njab, Shinyrio, and DerogatoryTrainer, for your information, pictures, and support! And of course, thanks to Ame and the dev team for making the game!

Bulbapedia and Serebii are also helpful for learning things about Pokemon (i.e. a Pokemon's movepool) as well as what some Moves/Items do. They can also be used to find event Pokemon moves, as their moves are the last moves learned before they got to their level.

Controls:

Arrow Keys: Move
Space: Run
X key: B button; Open menu
Z key: A button; Talk/Select
Shift: Use registered item, Rotate Tile Piece
A: Sort Items in Bag, Dismount Tauros (Will be clear when you can ride a Tauros), Mega Evolve (Unavailable as of E15)
S: Toggle walk/run
D: Quick-Save
F1: Program Options

F8: Screenshot
F12: Soft-reset
Alt+Enter: Full Screen-ish mode
Enter: Alternative for Z (so another A button, used to Talk/Select)

You may change the controls using certain programs to your liking.

Guide Key:

Blue: Miscellaneous Tips, Notable Things, Mini-Guides

Red: Battle Help, Personal Analyses (Note the PERSONAL)

Green: Items, Pokemon, Side Quest stuff

Purple: Shops, Vendors, Move Tutors, Utility Areas etc.

Yellow: Trainer Teams, Fields

Underlined: Requirements for an event

Quoted: Reborn Mods' Changes / Additions

Well, let's begin~

Part 1

Episode 1: "Reborn, The City of Ruin"

Some things I'd like to say before getting started:

- You want to talk to everyone, because a whole lot of people give random Items and Pokemon. Also, talking to some people in a certain order can unlock more things.

- In addition to people, there are plenty of hidden Items. Check EVERYTHING in case there are some useful things, (i.e. Healing Items, Stat Raising Items, Gems, etc.)

- All Pokemon can get their Hidden Abilities by chance, wild or Event. In addition, Ability Capsules cycle through Abilities, including Hidden Abilities. Soft resetting for a better Pokemon can be beneficial.

- Using multiple Pokemon (as in a rotation team) is a good idea in this game, due to level caps and tough battles. You also want to get a full team as soon as you can.

- Pickup is great, especially since Reborn has its own Pickup Table. You might want to catch a Pokemon (or a whole team) with Pickup and just grind in an attempt to get more Items.

- This game is harder than a normal game, and strategy is important. Try new things you might not usually use (i.e. gimmicks like Perish Song) and see how they work out! After all, you can't expect to get a free Dratini before the first Gym Leader...

- There's nothing wrong with losing, aside from the fact that you lose money. But if you're low on it, save before battles, so when you lose, soft-reset.

jsji2Az.png?1

Anyway, now, on to the story! On the train to Reborn City, Amethyst (or Ame for short) tells you you are heading into the region of Reborn, asks you your name, blah blah blah, standard beginning Pokemon game stuff, and then asks what you look like.

You can choose from these 6 protagonists:

Females:

Alice
charalice.png

Lucia

charlucia.png

Males:

Vero
charvero.png

Kuro
charkuro.png

Non-Binary:
Decibel
chardecibel.png

Ari

charari.png

Anyway, after all of that's taken care of...

KAAAAAAAA-

And the train goes boom-boom. Great.

Peridot Ward

On the other hand, you meet the explosion-infatuated Julia, who claims not to have made the Train Station explode.

apHKKLUm.png

13u6Cd2m.png

Ame then leaves you to search for whoever planted the bomb in the Train, putting Peridot Ward under lockdown, as the criminal may not have escaped. She knows that the attack was deliberate - it happened just when the train pulled in, as the purpose of the bomb was to destroy the Train Station. She tells you to go east, to the Grand Hall in the center of Opal Ward, to meet somebody to help you. After Ame leaves, Julia asks if you're taking the Reborn League. She says you totally should if you say no or says she's looking forward to your battle if you say yes, since she's the Electric Gym Leader!

F4mCrmWm.png

Opal Ward

Firstly, there's a Normal Gem on the bottom most rock from where you spawned. You might want to get that, but remember that Gems are consumable Items, so they'll disappear once a Pokemon holding it uses a Normal type move.

Next, go talk to this lady before you enter the Grand Hall. She'll give you a Potion at this part of the game only, and who can say no to free things?

OfyrRwPm.png

After doing that and maybe finding some Hidden Items, you can go up the stairs to the Grand Hall, where a black haired girl will be waiting for you. She's Victoria, the person Ame got as your guide. You walk in after her into the Grand Hall.

Rq6log6m.png

Since the police of the region are actually decent (or the bomber is just stupid) and managed to capture the bomber already, Ame's free to get you and Victoria your starters. Victoria mentions her sensei, Kiki, Fighting type Gym Leader of Apophyll Academy, but that will be a bit later in the story.

Anyway, Ame takes you to the starter room, which has a green, orange, and blue table, each with 6 Pokeballs, one for each of the 18 starter Pokemon. Choose wisely! And remember, you might want to soft reset for better IVs (since the IV screen in the Menu of all of your Pokemon has replaced the Contest Ribbons screen, so sorry for those who wanted Contests), better Natures, and maybe even a Hidden Ability (*cough* Speed Boost Blaziken and Protean Greninja *cough*). Of course, like any game, they are all level 5.

Here are the starters, from left to right.

e3Q358Cm.png

Green Table:001MS.png152MS.png252MS.png387MS.png495MS.png650MS.png

Red Table:004MS.png155MS.png255MS.png390MS.png498MS.png653MS.png

Blue Table:007MS.png158MS.png258MS.png393MS.png501MS.png656MS.png

So while all starter Pokemon will be available at the end of the game, currently only Chikorita, Squirtle, Tepig, Chespin, Piplup, Cyndaquil, Turtwig, Totodile, and Fennekin are available by different events (although many of them are very late). And if you revert to previous episodes, Bulbasaur was in Chikorita's spot and Mudkip was in Squirtle's spot.

There's not much to recommend here, since it's really up to you what you want to get. I'll just say that Protean Greninja and Speed Boost Blaziken are deemed the strongest and Meganium is deemed the weakest, usually. In addition, the first two Gyms are super effective against most Water types. Just keep these in mind, as well as the fact that some Pokemon are available by other Events, as I explained earlier.

Monotype Players, if there is no starter of your type / that evolves into your type (i.e. Ghost, Ice), you may request a starter (or two) of your own, so you don't have to do a belated Monotype run. Just post in the Request-A-Mon Thread!

After getting your own starter, Ame will take Victoria up, while a purple-haired boy named Cain who is looking for Ame will flirt with you regardless of your gender.

jzKgkNmm.png

Meet your pansexual new Rival, who will continue flirting and making innuendos throughout this journey, Cain!

charcain.png

Pretty Boy Cain would like to battle!

Items: None

Field: None

Format: Singles (Doesn't Matter)

032MS.pngNidoran (Lv.5) Hustle: Scratch, Leer

Nidoran is a somewhat strong Pokemon due to Hustle, but you should also hope he misses due to that Ability.

- I'd recommend you simply use Scratch/Tackle, or your STAB move if you have a gen 6 starter (Vine Whip, Ember, Bubble).

- There was a Normal Gem on a rock before, so if you put that on your Pokemon and use your Normal Attack, you might have a better time, although it will be used up, like any Gem.

Regardless of who wins, Cain brings you to the Pokemon Center station in the Grand Hall to heal your Pokemon up. Now, Ame and Victoria are done, so Cain goes with Ame, while Victoria decides to battle you after hearing you battled Cain.

JuAjmAXm.png

And just like that, your second Rival has been introduced. And she's going to be... a huge roadblock, preventing you from doing things because she's concerned of our safety.

charvictoria.png

Apprentice Victoria would like to battle!

Format: Singles (Doesn't Matter)

498MS.pngTepig (Lv.5) Thick Fat: Tackle, Tail Whip

Victoria will always have a Tepig, even if you chose it, so I guess Ame can replace the starters. Anyway, this is another straightforward battle, but if you beat Cain, you should be at level 6, so this battle would be a bit easier.

- Again, spam your attacks, and hope not to get critted.

After that, Cain heads off and tells you two to go to Ame. She gives you your Pokedex, Running Shoes, and Pokegear, which has the Map and Jukebox but not any Call Trainers or anything. Oh well. Victoria also gives you 5 Pokeballs, and she mentions that Shiny Pokemon, which have some cool custom sprites in the game, have an increased chance of appearing (about 1% now). She says to search harder to find the rarer ones, who won't just be any random wild encounters. With that, she sets off to her journey, and Ame goes down to interrogate the bomber. You're pretty much free to explore the Grand Hall now.

If you're interested in what the map looks like, here it is:

QgPGCRl.png

The parts that aren't as detailed are areas we can't go to yet.

There's also this hand-drawn map Ame made before, if you want to see.

By the way, important. Do NOT touch this:

post-56155-0-17937800-1434633519.png

This will freeze your game, and then the people of Reborn will have to fix your save file. It's best if you don't do it, so you can play more. It will be fixed in the next update for E16.

So you've seen the Pokemon Center part. Onto the Poke Mart!

Grand Hall Mart:

Potion - 300

Antidote - 100

Poke Ball - 200

Common Candies* - 200

*Disappears upon getting your first Gym Badge, since it can be bought elsewhere.

If you noticed, there's a new item called the Common Candy. It decreases your Pokemon's level by one, which is helpful for getting more moves! It's also very useful in this game due to the level caps, so try to stock up on them just in case. Also, remember, you might want to buy 10 Pokeballs every time you want to buy Pokeballs, since you get an extra Premier Ball every ten!

There's also a man at the desk.

JDNc2U9.png

He'll tell you where to go next, but it's fairly limited - he will only tell you which Gym to go to next, and that's a problem because you always have to do something before fighting the Gym Leader of the episode. I probably wouldn't use him, but he's there if you want.

Oh, by the way, after you beat the third Gym Leader, Trainers shall come to the upper right side corner of the Grand Hall. They are rebattleable, so if you ever need more experience or money, come over here.

Finally, you might want to watch the TV, since some parts are interesting/funny/informative. The segments are Gossip Gardevoir news, Gossip Gardevoir interviews, Investigation Squad, On the Hunt, and the Weather Forecast (and some advertisements). They change after a Gym Leader has been defeated, so keep coming back to it! The main part of it, however, is the Weather Forecast. You'll want to check this to find out what the weather will be like: Windy? Rainy? Sunny? Thunderstorms? These weathers not only carry out in battles, but some events are weather-reliant.

Now that that's over, I'd recommend you buy a few more Potions and Pokeballs, because in a game like this, you never know when you need it. Or you can waste it 500 Pokedollars on this "rare Pokemon"!

P5RLWTwm.png

...However, the Pokemon is stolen! (Just a heads-up, this event will go on for a LONG time, and is not finished as of E15. Maybe in the next episode. Anyway, this used to be a Magikarp, which then became a Ducklett, but now it's just made into an extended quest, so people think this will be a Magikarp again.)

Anyway, that's pretty much it for the Grand Hall, so let's go outside, shall we?

...Except there's a cutscene. Ame allows the police to proceed the interrogation on the bomber, who wears a black uniform. He refuses to talk, but the police heat the metal chair he's sitting on with their Torkoal...

tgtXy9mm.png

mPNfkBvm.png

Now it's back to the player! Going down the steps of the Hall, you'll find a girl with her Snubbull.

oiiYdMwm.png

The Snubbull will run off, and the girl will talk about how Pokemon might not listen to you when they get to a certain level without any Badges. This disobedience includes: listening to you, using a different move, hitting a different target, or loafing around. (Disobedience is somewhat strange and a bit bugged, but it will be fixed in E16.) You can check the Trainer Card to see these level caps, and for now, the cap is up to level 20. She runs off to chase her Snubbull, which you might want to keep in mind once you get some more Badges...

Anyway, there's some grass outside the Grand Hall, which means your first wild Pokemon~

Grand Hall Grass:

Morning/Day:399MS.png019MS.png504MS.png016MS.png023MS.png052MS.png

Night:019MS.png023MS.png052MS.png163MS.png167MS.png

Headbutt:204MS.png415MS.png021MS.png

Bidoof not only learns a bunch of HMs/TMXs (since HMs are forgettable), but also learns Headbutt relatively early, which can be useful if you want something in a Headbutt tree.

Rattata is pretty strong, actually, and can be somewhat useful for the early game.

Pickup Meowth is useful for getting Items, but Technician Meowth is pretty strong, and it also learns Pay Day, useful for getting more money.

Intimidate Ekans is fairly useful against physically offensive Pokemon, and Poison Sting is great since it can potentially Poison targets.

Hoothoot learns Hypnosis at level 5, which can be amazing if it hits.

Spinarak is kinda meh when you look at other Bugs, but it gets some interesting moves like Shadow Sneak.

Spearow evolves early and has an amazing Attack and Speed for the part of the game when it evolves, so it's pretty good.

As for the last few... I wouldn't recommend them - Patrat is somewhat outclassed, Spearow is better than Pidgey (in my opinion), Pineco isn't too great due to a lack of a useful moveset, and Combee is kinda terrible, as it's rare to get a female one, and even then, Vespiquen isn't really all that worth it.

You might look at these Pokemon and say that they suck, but in a game like Reborn, anything has potential to be useful. Remember, a competitive team might not be a good one in-game.

If you're playing in Reborn Hardcore mode, you can find a Lucky Egg and an Exp. Share here. This is so you can level up more easily, since you'll probably need it. Beware the Techie here, though, he has a level 70 Mega-Rayquaza, which is meant to be a reference from when Ame forgot to take out that in a previous release of the game (she was testing out Mega-Rayquaza and Primal Kyogre and Groundon).

Y5HCtDI.png

If it is sunny, there will be an Ice Cream Vendor over here, selling ice cream (duh). These are new healing items!

pIdOTbu.png

Opal Ice Cream Vendor:

Vanilla Ice Cream - 400

Choc(olate) Ice Cream - 600

Berry Ice Cream - 800

Blue Moon Ice Cream* - 20000

Vanilla heals 30 HP, Chocolate heals 70, Strawberry heals 90, and Blue Moon heals 200 as well as gives the consumer Max Friendship. These are much better than Potions, especially since you can't buy anything higher than a Potion at this point of the game. I recommend buying Vanilla Ice Creams for now, since you probably aren't going to need Chocolate Ice Creams for Julia; your Pokemon shouldn't have 70 HP by that point.

*Blue Moon Ice Cream is very rare, as it isn't always shown on the vendor's menu. If you keep opening and closing the Ice Cream Vendor's inventory, you might see it appear. It is also used for some Events in the future.

Anyway, you can now enter Opal Bridge, after you beat the two Trainers blocking the entrances (enter from the left or the right, it's up to you, but I'd recommend fighting both for some experience). Here, on Opal Bridge, after you get a Gym Badge, more new Trainers will come and battle you here, so beware of them. However, there's a Pokemon you can get here! But first, you'll need to catch a second Pokemon, for this will be your first Double Battle!

The goons are right here:

BGE5Puwm.png

After defeating them, you can get the Pokemon, which is either Pachirisu or Zigzagoon, that they are bullying.

417MS.png(Lv. 5) OR263MS.png(Lv. 5)

Here, you have a random chance of getting 1 of 2 Pokemon, and the only way to change certain randomized events like these is to restart from after beating Cain and Victoria in the Grand Hall, as that is when all the variables are decided for your particular save file. If you got Pachirisu, you'll get a certain Pokemon from another event, but if you get Zigzagoon, you'll get a different Pokemon.

That should be all of Opal Ward for now, since the ways to the other Wards from Opal Bridge are currently blocked off. You have no choice but to go west, to Peridot Ward, in order to continue with the story. Did I do well for this first part? c:

12 answers to this question

Part 2

Before I cover the events, I'll just say that I'll try to be as specific as possible. If I say days, it means days/mornings, not night. If I say nights, it does not mean days/mornings. And I'll also say what weather an event takes place. If I don't say anything, it probably means that there's no requirements. Remember that you can change the time and day of your computer to change the time/weather in-game.

I'd like to get this over with before Peridot. If you go east of the Ward...

Underground Railnet

You'll be able to go under Opal Bridge, which used to connect Peridot with Obsidia, but due to earthquakes, the entrance isn't used anymore. In the first part of under the bridge, when it's raining/stormy, you can find a Pansear. If you give it some Pokesnax (a new Reborn Item used for either raising happiness or getting event Pokemon, locations will be shown later), it will join you.

EZWqe0o.png

513MS.png(Lv. 5)

Pansear is a pretty nice Fire type, but to keep this short and simple, there are some better ones out there, so I wouldn't use it for too long.

If you continue going east from there, you'll eventually hit a dead end due to a bunch of rocks and rubble, but there are some wild Pokemon there. In addition, when you step on one of the dark spots on the floor, a wild Pokemon is guaranteed to pop up.

Underground Railnet, Peridot Side:

Encounters:714MS.png434MS.png

Dark Spots:527MS.png

Noibat... don't use Noibat until you can evolve it; it's a burden until it becomes Noivern.

Stunky has decent bulk as well as some useful moves (like Focus Energy + Fury Swipes and later Flamethrower).

Woobat, on the other hand, is a pretty decent Pokemon, especially when it can get Simple + Calm Mind.

Here is a great place to EV Train in Speed - every single Pokemon here gives EVs in Speed. You can use any part in the Underground Railnet, too, if you want to keep going into dark spots.

With that done, it's time to explore this very event-ful area...

Peridot Ward

Peridot's much bigger than Opal, taking the spot of #2 on Reborn City's largest Wards. And, of course, that means there's plenty of things to do in Peridot! Because of that, I'll probably list Pokemon/Item locations in this post, and then story and events you can do after getting your first badge in the next.

Peridot has many Trainers who will battle you, but there's one particular Trainer you want to battle, since she gives you a Rose Incense for winning:

5Omzwk4.png

After getting that, on clear/sunny days, if you take that and go over here, a Budew will willingly go along with you!

ItDeMsk.png

406MS.png(Lv. 5)

Budew is fairly useful with its Draining moves, but it does take a while to evolve it, since it requires Friendship. Walking around increases its Friendship, but it does take a while. If you're willing to do it, try it for any baby Pokemon.

If you don't want to walk around all the time, try giving it Pokesnax. You can find a vendor selling it when clear (no weather) or windy in the upper left side corner of Northern Peridot, right here:

MalG3Wd.png?1

Peridot Vendor:

Pokesnax - 650

P.S. This will be a complete rip-off, since you can get Pokesnax for a cheaper price pretty soon in the game.

If your Pokemon are weakened from all the Trainer battles, the Pokemon Center is here:

s8XQUm1.png

The Poke Mart is here for those who want to go shopping:

LyXU6TU.png

Peridot Poke Mart:

Potion - 300

Antidote - 100

Paralyz Heal - 200

Burn Heal - 250

Escape Rope - 550

Poke Ball - 200

And, if you want to change your Pokemon's nickname, the Name Rater is here:

iM16R9n.png

That wraps up all of the utility places. Now, let's try to chase that Pokemon thief, shall we? The Fisherman who is paid tells you that most thieves usually go to the west side of the rail tracks, and you can find the Thief in this house:

anqOeef.png

The Thief is here and tells you to pay him 5000 Pokedollars if you want the Pokemon back. Yeesh. If you refuse, well, nothing really happens. If you pay him, then... he won't give you the Pokemon back. It's revealed that the Fisherman and the Thief are working together, and they fight you in a Double battle! However, the Thief already had the Pokemon stolen from him by somebody who went to the Obsidia Slums, and leaves WITH THE MONEY. asdfghjkl

Next, you want to go to this house:

6zbYKjA.png

Inside, the Fisherman will give you his Old Rod. Now you can go fishing! And, even though it might not look like it, you can fish in the dirty water where it's low enough.

Peridot Ward Dirty Water:

Old Rod:088MS.png

Grimer isn't a bad Pokemon, since it has some nice bulk and a great Attack, as well as Poison Gas, especially useful for Doubles.

But if you're tired of the Poison types, there is one place with clean water that you can fish in. Here:

ywXr0zM.png

You'll have to battle the Fisherman and his level 10 Goldeen to get to the pool first, but once you do, you're free to begin fishing!

Old Rod:118MS.png456MS.png

Finneon learns Rain Dance pretty early, but that's probably the only reason why you might want to get it.

Goldeen, on the other hand, gets the Ability Lightningrod, perfect for the upcoming battle with Electric Gym Leader Julia.

The house in the bottom right corner in the same picture above also has an Item Ball, which will be a Pokesnax, which I already went over.

There are also places called Alleys all over Reborn City, with wild Pokemon and Trainers and hidden Items. Peridot has two of them, both of which you need to battle somebody to get access to!

The southern alley:

uaas1bsabs791a1zg.jpg

South Peridot Alley:

Encounters:568MS.png434MS.png261MS.png

Stunky was already covered, but the other two are still useful:

Trubbish is bulky and also able to learn Toxic Spikes at a very early level, so you may want to pick that up.

Poochyena evolves before Julia and can use Intimidate and, after evolving, Moxie.

Training here in Speed is a good idea, but you just have to not beat any Poochyena (which are uncommon). Although, if you want to EV Train a fast and physical attacker, here is a good place.

Trubbish can occasionally hold Black Sludges, with a 5% chance. If you have a Pokemon with Compound Eyes, it will increase the chance to 20%. If you have a Poison type, you might want to steal a Trubbish's Black Sludge for recovery.

There's also a Tynamo here if it's stormy (rainy with occasional flashes of lightning), which will battle you, giving you the chance to catch it:

BXafPSK.png

602MS.png(Lv. 10)

It's recommended you don't use Tynamo until you're at a level cap in which it can evolve, since Tynamo's movepool... sucks. It literally only gets 4 moves.

The northern alley:

3j4dyc5nny0unm0zg.jpg

Northern Peridot Alley:

Encounters:568MS.png261MS.png509MS.png

I already talked about Trubbish and Poochyena, but Purrloin is very useful early on due to Prankster Sand Attack (and maybe some other moves available later like Attract).

Speaking of places that require battle to enter a secret place of, while exploring Peridot, you might see a building with a Garden on top of it.

eb3p8y433mychn3zg.jpg

If you speak to the Old Man in there, he'll deny having a Garden. However, if you speak to the Lady in the building and THEN the Old Man, he'll finally give in and battle you. If you beat him and his two Pokemon, then he'll let you explore the Garden.

Garden Complex:

Morning:165MS.png420MS.png010MS.png265MS.png

Day:010MS.png265MS.png420MS.png

Night:163MS.png167MS.png265MS.png010MS.png434MS.png568MS.png

Headbutt:204MS.png412MS.png

Ledyba is... terrible. Most of the other Bugs below are much better...

Caterpie is probably the most useful out of these new Pokemon, since Butterfree gets useful moves like Confusion and Sleep Powder.

Wurmple as a Beautifly isn't too great as there's Butterfree, but Wurmple as a Dustox is an interesting bulky Bug type.

Cherubi... is pretty bad, outside of sun. If you use it, make sure to use it with Sunny Day.

Burmy is a usable Pokemon, as it can evolve into three different typed Pokemon. It's one of the only early Ground types and Steel types, when it evolves, at least. Mothim, though, is something I would not recommend.

In the Day, this is a nice place to EV Train in HP, as the only Pokemon that doesn't give HP EVs, Cherubi, has only a 10% chance to appear. The night is also okay, but you have to watch out for Spinarak (common), Stunky (rare), and Trubbish (rare).

Also, there's quite a few items all over Reborn, such as a Grass Gem, Poison Gem, Dark Gem, two Heart Scales (for relearning and buying things), a Revive (cannot be bought for a while), and there are a few stat raising Items you can use on your Pokemon (or sell), including a Calcium, Protein, and Genius Wing (showing these just because it's the beginning of the game and you probably aren't going to EV Train just yet):

VdeaEkK.png

mxrSVHN.png

post-42623-0-31509400-1437960011.png

XxmUkna.png

eoNcH0C.png

1HEP9vl.png

DSxpDvj.png

8zJr5Jk.png

There is also a hidden Genius Wing on a rock in the Peridot - Jasper Gate, but I don't have a picture of that.

Next up, you might see this beggar:

1tog88kvx02w83pzg.jpg

Give him 50 Pokedollars four times (so make sure you have 200), and he'll move. You'll be able to walk through a narrow path, which will end in a house. Inside, there's an Espurr, who will go along with you if you have Pokesnax.

DBGT5Te.png

677MS.png(Lv. 5)

Espurr is a great Psychic type, and both of its evolutions (Meowstic M and F) are very useful, with the male being more supportive and the female being more offensive.

Next Pokemon up is Gulpin, which needs Pokesnax to come out, up in here:

JgpdFGZ.png

316MS.png(Lv.10)

Like most other Poison types, Gulpin is fairly bulky, but it gets cool moves like Yawn and Amnesia. If you already have a Poison type, however, I wouldn't recommend catching another one.

Now, in this house, there's an abandoned Whismur. Bring Pokesnax with you, and it will battle you in an attempt to eat it. Note that this quest is only available BEFORE JULIA.

ymqk87yal56nlq1zg.jpg

uoiuTJ3.png

293MS.png(Lv. 5)

Whismur is actually very powerful with STAB Echoed Voice, which increases in power the more it is used consecutively. In addition, Scrappy will come in handy in the future Ghost Gym.

Nearby is a hidden Item, a Common Candy.

ev4bYdI.png

In this apartment, there's a girl with a Kricketot. She claims that it's not feeling well, and a purple haired girl named Shelly comes in and says that it feels lonely and wants to be with an active trainer. The girl says she can't do that, so she gives you the Kricketot. Shelly leaves, also stating that she is the Bug type Gym Leader. Remember that for when we see her again!

j0z5dxucvcuit1mzg.jpg

dKsUTX3.png

401MS.png(Lv. 5)

While Kricketot is a pain to level up, Kricketune is known as the strongest early game Pokemon for one very specific reason: Technician + STAB Fury Cutter. This Pokemon can effectively destroy many early game bosses, so definitely catch this and train it up.

This next apartment may contain two different Pokemon, being Panpour or Wingull. This was connected to the event on Opal Bridge, with the goons bullying a Pokemon. It will eat a Pokesnax, and then fight you. Again, this can't be changed unless you're willing to reset from when you got beat Cain and Victoria.

fusuvcc4njs5gmpzg.jpg

QPNMyvr.png

515MS.png(Lv. 10) OR 278MS.png(Lv.10)

Out of the two, while Panpour is a useful early Water type, Wingull is the better, in my opinion. Wingull not only gets some nice bulk as a Pelipper, but also learns Mist, which changes the Field into a Misty Terrain. This can affect multiple battles that use Fields.

Next, when it's clear only, you can play Hide-and-Seek with a Teddiursa until it battles you. The places are here:

5r5bssvcock7y8mzg.jpg

ft6qb1cvh3uqx9fzg.jpg

2ut6xj9mvg4k8luzg.jpg

a71yxcwv2cwgtivzg.jpg

nngzaiexaasa844zg.jpg

4qv662cn068k68mzg.jpg

k2orwzoizdc750izg.jpg

HPeFBZ6.png

Note: These pictures may be outdated. Tell me if there are new locations; I just grabbed them from Sophia's guide. Anyway, if you don't find them in these pictures, just search Peridot till you find it, Teddiursa won't be anywhere outside of Peridot.

216MS.png(Lv. 14): Baby-Doll Eyes, Lick, Fake Tears, Fury Swipes

Teddiursa itself has a great Attack, and Ursaring improves its stats. Teddiursa can get some nice attacks, like STAB Slash and Covet, which can be used to steal items, as well as moves you might not think are necessary, like Charm, as well as supportive moves like Sweet Scent. Teddiursa also gets Pickup, which is always great. If you find the Toxic Orb, which won't be for a while, Ursaring can be a huge menace, due to its Abilities requiring statuses. Still, there are other Normal types out there if you don't want to do this somewhat long Hide-and-Seek.

If it's raining or stormy, you may interact with this fountain, and a Surskit will jump out and battle you.

ntFvO1Q.png

283MS.png(Lv. 10)

Surskit is pretty useful, since it gets Sweet Scent, which is nice for finding Pokemon. You also might want to catch one for Sticky Web. When it evolves, Masquerain gets Intimidate, which is always nice. Still, there's not much else to say about this one.

When it's stormy, a Blitzle will be wandering around Julia's Gym, and waiting for you to battle it.

1iJ97ye.png

522MS.png(Lv. 15)

Blitzle is a great Electric type, with Abilities that give it at least one Immunity (being either Electric or Grass). Fun fact, the first two Gym Leaders are Electric and Grass. Even if you aren't planning on using Zebstrika on your final team, you might want to consider Blitzle for the early game, at the very least.

On windy/stormy nights, you can find a Zangoose in this garbage can in North Peridot Alley. However, it will run off, as this is a hide-and-seek. Keep in mind that it only has to be a windy/stormy night the first time, but it does have to be night for the other encounters.

aBYK9tt.png?1

You may be able to find it here in South Peridot Alley. If not, there's other Alleys to find him in later on, but you will have to come back here at some point to continue the Hide-and-Seek.

56zAhbv.png?1

The next areas we can find Zangoose aren't opened up yet, but they will all be alleys.

This is the last event we can do as of yet (hallelujah!) Go to this lady's house at night:

bewze5cnhu53i37zg.jpg

Talk to her, and she'll mention that thugs stole her Pokemon and that she has to protect her other Pokemon, an Igglybuff.

C31DGHh.png

Then go to this apartment:

2r3u430zdxkmhpzzg.jpg

Two Grunts will be talking about their plans to steal a Pokemon. They'll run off.

8OSlfHr.png

After this, go back to the lady's house. The two Grunts will battle you, and the lady will give you the Igglybuff to protect it after your victory.

P7sVppB.png

174MS.png(Lv. 5) Egg Moves*: Perish Song, Misty Terrain

If you can level it up and maybe evolve it, Igglybuff will do some wonders, being the only Fairy type you can capture before the first Gym. Misty Terrain and Perish Song are both useful, Misty Terrain to change the Field and Perish Song for a Trainer's last Pokemon/a boss battle/Double battles. It's not the best Fairy, but it has quite a few nice moves.

*Some event Pokemon will have Egg Moves/TMs/Move Tutor moves. Ame included only a few of these moves for a few select Pokemon.

Next up is a trade. If you caught a Bidoof and evolved it into Bibarel, this man will be willing to trade it for a Munna.

f3cos4bnaoxdk2nzg.jpg

hYAGgZt.png

517MS.png(Level of Bibarel)

Munna is a fairly bulky Psychic type, and it can do some decent damage as well. The only downside is that it evolves from a Moon Stone, so Musharna might not get all of Munna's good moves, meaning you might be stuck with Munna for a while.

Now, that's the last of the Pokemon events (finally!) Before I end this part, since it's getting pretty long, remember to pick this Ability Capsule up:

Pew4w81.png

If you don't do it now, being before you do some story events in Peridot (which we'll get to in the next part), you won't be able to pick this Item up again.

That was a long one. (pls no more or else I'll have to break these long parts into even smaller ones T-T) Remember, if I missed anything or you'd like to say anything about the Guide, mention it in my separate discussion thread~

Part 3

Now, with all of the events out of the way, let's actually start with the story, here in part 3!

You might be thinking, well, I have to challenge the Gym Leader now! However, Julia's Gym is locked currently, and a note from "F" tells Julia to go to a factory with her and some guy named "Fern". This is your only clue right now, so let's go to this factory!

Go here, to this factory, and you'll see this green-haired kid. Be prepared to hate him! It's Fern, your third rival!

taWkx8Vm.png

He'll mention going to a factory, and thinks that he's at the wrong factory, since there are two factories in Peridot. He then blames whoever he's going with for not being clear. Finally, he notices you, and then it's battle time~

BHUSz9Hm.png

charfern.png

Swag Jockey Fern would like to battle!

Format: Singles

270MS.png Lotad (Lv. 10) Swift Swim: Growl, Absorb, Astonish, Bubble

495MS.png Snivy (Lv. 12) Overgrow: Wrap, Tackle, Leer, Vine Whip
406MS.png Budew (Lv. 13) Natural Cure: Stun Spore, Growth, Mega Drain, Water Sport

So yes, Fern is a Grass type Trainer. It's best if you don't fight him when it's raining, since Lotad has Swift Swim and rain will decrease the amount of damage Fire type moves do (as well as Water Sport). Anyway, the only things that might be difficult are Stun Spore, Wrap, and Mega Drain.

- There's plenty of Flying, Bug, Fire, and Poison types you can catch that will make this fight pretty easy, such as Woobat, Kricketune, Grimer, Stunky, and a Fire type starter.

Afterwards, you want to go back to Julia's Gym and head inside. You'll know if it's the Gym if you see this sign (besides the sign that says "GYM"). there's actually no reason why I'm putting this up except for the fact that I thought it was funny.

XibMFEHm.png

3BWMhNem.png

3C1tKJ3m.png

But wait - Julia is too busy for battles.

k0su7nhm.png

She learned that the person who bombed the Peridot Train Station was part of an evil organization, and they're planning on bombing her Gym next, according to Ame. So she's going to one of their bases, the Mosswater Factory, along with her friend and her friend's brother. She invites you to join, seeing as you don't have anything else to do.

XLpsx6tm.png

The Factory is right here:

pvjtfyAm.png

Since the Factory is locked, Julia decides to make the door go boom, effectively giving us an entrance.

wbeH0yom.png

c8nEN7wm.png

The explosion was heard by Fern and another green-haired person, who talks like a robot and uses big fancy words. This is Florinia, Fern's sister and one of Julia's school friends, as well as the second Gym Leader of Reborn, specializing in Grass types.

ciMdeptm.png

After a debriefing by Julia, who says that this factory is a base of an organization named Team Meteor, the four of us will enter the factory together, and your teammates notice that the Factory seems to be polluting the lake... A random NPC you might have found around once said that this lake, the Azurine Lake, was named after its brilliant blue, but now it's been dirtied into a disgusting brown. Florinia and Julia decide to pair up and go to the east way, while you are stuck with Fern and forced to take the west path.

uNY8LBgm.png

POvv9AJm.png

So this is your first time having a partner, and we'll have more partners later on as we continue fighting Team Meteor. Fern will have his Budew up front, and switch it out for Snivy or Lotad if it faints. In addition, like all partners, he'll heal your Pokemon once you finish a battle with 2 Meteor Grunts. He'll prevent you from going east with Florinia and Julia, but you can leave and he'll just say to hurry up and come back later. Fern is actually a pretty good partner, since his Budew has Stun Spore, and Meteor likes to use Rock Pokemon, but Meteor also uses Poison and Steel Pokemon, so beware of those. Also, a little head's up, you'll be fighting these Grunts in the Factory Field.

Just saying, you might be in danger of getting too much experience here, since you'll be getting double experience, as these are double battles. If you have weaker Pokemon, though, you might want to have them trained up here.

Now, since you'll be fighting Meteor in double battles, it's recommended to have two Pokemon, since if you only have one, the game will just combine the two Trainers into one and have them battle you in a single battle (without Fern). If you want, you can also challenge them in single battles by talking to only one rather than getting in the vision of both Grunts, and you'll battle one of them in a single battle without Fern, similar to before.

In the first room, you'll have to find two computers and interact with them to unlock the two walls blocking you from the exit. They are here:

LOCK ONE:

VL83PF3.png

LOCK TWO:

jbsGXwt.png

There are a couple Items here and there, but there's nothing too fancy. The most notable things are the Electric Gem and Super Potion (which you can't find from shopping yet) over here:

54YxCXa.png

AYYAPwo.png

Pick them all up, and head over to the next room. Florinia and Julia will be waiting for you, and there's a wall blocking the way to the final room. Florinia goes to hack it using the computer, but Julia complains it will take too long and suggests making it go boom-boom. She asks you and Fern to go south and find some explosives, although why she can't use her own Pokemon (she already boomed the entrance to the factory!), nobody knows.

pJLednLm.png

LgqetJqm.png

Anyway, the explosives will be guarded by the last Meteor Grunts in the room, so beat them, take the explosives, and give them over to Julia.

MzZEwORm.png

She prepares to explode the door and then...

Florinia finishes hacking the door. Poor Julia. She starts complaining, and the two girls enter the final room. Fern suggests to follow them, but before you do, you want to go to the east way, where Florinia and Julia came from. You can only do this after the door has been hacked, and if you don't do it now, you can't get this. It's a Rare Candy!

9ufmajY.png

So, after that, there's a mini-boss type of battle coming up, so remember to save! Saving when you feel there's something big coming up is pretty important, since you never know when you might lose. You want to do this especially for the Gym Leaders!

Now, that being said, there will be two Meteor Grunts and an important character (you know a character is important if they have a custom sprite) waiting for you. They claimed that they were expecting you, watching from the cameras, and were prepared to fight you. They say that they let you in, since they were finished with their mission. The two Grunts, named Aster (the male and dumber one) and Eclipse (the female and more sarcastic one), are sent to battle you, while Mr. ??? is battling Julia and Florinia.

vFayS83m.png

pp7l4p53ekyjw27zg.jpg

Team Meteor Grunts Aster and Eclipse would like to battle!

Items: 1 Potion

Field: Factory Field

Format: Doubles (with Fern)

240.pngMagby (Lv. 16) Flame Body: Ember, Smokescreen, Feint Attack, Fire Spin

239.pngElekid (Lv. 16) Static: Thundershock, Shock Wave, Low Kick, Swift

Magby will usually attack Fern with Fire moves, since Fern's Pokemon are Grass types, whereas Elekid usually hits you with Shock Wave/Thundershock, which are boosted by the Field. Therefore, Elekid is probably the bigger threat here. If the fight had more Pokemon, it would be a pretty scary one.

- Fern may be helpful if the AI is smart enough to Stun Spore Magby and Mega Drain Elekid, but you'll have to pull your own weight.

- Using contact moves might be a bad idea, since the two have Abilities that can burn or paralyze you.

- Try using Electric types, since their moves are boosted by the Field, Espurr, since Light Screen can help against the two's special STABs, or, if you have one, Marshtomp.

- Perish Song Igglybuff/Jigglypuff means that this battle is over in three turns.

After you beat the two, ??? will be angry at the two Grunts and tell Team Meteor to retreat, since he says that battling two Gym Leaders AND two more Trainers may be too hard for him.

SNDbbhBm.png

Julia will celebrate, since they stopped this mysterious organization from booming her Gym, and then have the whole Factory blow up, with rubble blocking the way to the Factory if you ever want to visit again.

S5J9PwQm.png

Florinia will then leave, saying that Obsidia Ward still faces some crisis. Julia will be saddened, and Fern will mention something about a girl named Titania causing Florinia to become a "Flobot". Fern will leave, and Julia will say that you can now battle her! Onwards to Julia's Gym!

Julia's Gym has a fairly simple puzzle: battle the Trainers, have the Voltorbs follow you, and interact with the walls, making the Voltorb blow a hole in the wall. After doing this multiple times, the path to Julia's room will be opened up.

fyF5Vw2m.png

Now, you might see a computer flashing on and off in her Gym. This is the "Gym Guide" of Reborn, since the old Gym Guide was fired for not being around in too many Gyms (yes, he did exist in previous versions of Reborn), whether it be because he was too scared or the Gym wasn't the Gym Leader's true battlefield. Ame will talk to you from there, and give you advice on the Gym Leader. Here's an example:

DcqPoM3.png

yAXznRf.png

vrXVMJE.png

g6mPZyz.png

Since I want to save space, I'll just give you the brief recap of the rest.

- Each Gym Leader uses 6 Pokemon and have a Field Effect for their advantage, which you might be able to use to your own.

- Julia's Field boosts Electric moves and change the typing of her explosion moves to Normal-Electric.

- Try to use Pokemon that can tank Electric type hits or have high HP in general.

Anyway, in the last room, just walk up to Julia (and save) and battle her.

ztI4CGgm.png

charjulia.png

Cheer Captain Julia would like to battle!

Items: 2 Potions

Field: Electric Field/Electric Terrain

694MS.pngHelioptile (Lv. 12) Dry Skin: Thundershock, Glare, Charge Beam, Mud Slap
100MS.pngVoltorb (Lv. 12) Aftermath: Sonicboom, Rollout, Charge Beam, Explosion
100MS.pngVoltorb (Lv. 12) Aftermath: Sonicboom, Rollout, Charge Beam, Explosion
587MS.pngEmolga (Lv. 13) Static, Potion: Acrobatics*, Charge Beam, Quick Attack, Nuzzle
522MS.pngBlitzle (Lv. 12) Sap Sipper: Quick Attack, Thunder Wave, Flame Charge, Charge Beam
101MS.pngElectrode (Lv. 15) Aftermath: Charge, Charge Beam, Rollout, Sonicboom

This is actually the easiest Gym Leader, for most, so if you struggle too much with Julia, you better start to adapt to these tough battles. Beware paralysis from Nuzzle/Glare/Static/Thunder Wave and those Sonicbooms, which ALWAYS take out 20 HP.

- Setting up Toxic Spikes with Trubbish is handy, since only Emolga and the Pokemon currently out will not be poisoned.

- If you have a Ground type (Marshtomp, Wormadam-S) or a Pokemon with an Ability that gives it an immunity to Electric type moves (Blitzle, Pachirisu, Goldeen), you have an immunity to quite a few of Julia's moves, including Explosion.

- Changing the Field with Mist/Misty Terrain may be helpful.

- The easiest thing to do is sweep with Moxie Mightyena, Fury Cutter Kricketune, etc.

- If you're struggling with her last Pokemon, Electrode, try Perish Song Igglybuff/Jigglypuff.

- Levels 16-18 are pretty good for this battle (try training up in the Alleys, which have the strongest wild Pokemon?). You also might want to make sure your Pokemon have over 40 or over 60 HP to tank Sonicbooms. Some walls you might want to use include Grass types like Roselia.

- Make sure to bring Paralyz Heals and healing items!

*Thanks to Emolga's Potion, Acrobatics does not deal as much damage.

Upon beating Julia, she will give you the Volt Badge, bringing your level cap to level 25 and allowing you to use Cut outside of battle, and TM 57 Charge Beam. She then takes a nap because she ran out of coffee.

rFhteZVm.png

3ghoaKNm.png

Congrats, you beat your first Reborn Gym Leader! As such, the Gym Guide monitor shuts down. The only thing to do is to leave and heal yo-

But Victoria stops you in your tracks. Luckily, instead of battling you, she tells you that she was about to battle Julia but then she heard that plants were attacking Obsidia Ward, and she is going there to try and help. Well, better heal your Pokemon first, before you go over to Opal Bridge, which is the only way to get to Obsidia now.

SdA0iYom.png\

ak805WTm.png

Before you do so, there's two more Pokemon events you can do now that you have your first Gym Badge, both of which are Ground types, since Ame didn't want us finding too many of them and breezing through Julia.

The first being Numel. If it's raining or stormy, a Numel will be waiting at Peridot Train Station. If you give it Pokesnax, it will join you.

65CPA5m.png

322MS.png(Lv. 15) Egg Moves: Body Slam, Iron Head, Stockpile, Growth

Numel is great when it evolves into Camerupt and learns Eruption, since Eruption is one of the best moves in Reborn. In addition, it can learn moves like Earthquake, Rock Slide, and Lava Plume without any breeding, TMs, or Move Tutors, so you probably want to check out Camerupt and see how well it does. It might be outclassed in the future, but it can definitely be a great part of any team for the early to middle game.

Next up is Onix. This Hiker will be looking for somewhere to stay.

yp91ilmisesdpdpzg.jpg

Go to this house, where we found the Whismur before, and there will be somebody wanting to rent the house out.

ymqk87yal56nlq1zg.jpg

Then, go back to the Hiker, who will move in. After that, go back to the house, where the Hiker will be, and he will want to give you his Onix.

095MS.png(Lv. 15)

Onix isn't too great of a Rock or Ground type, but if you want something with Stealth Rock, go for this. With Sturdy, you're guaranteed to set them up in singles.

And that brings us to the end of the Pokemon events. Now, what you have to do is go to Opal Bridge, battle any new Trainers, and towards the east side, you'll find Florinia talking to the police. Talk to her, and she will let the guards let you through, and you may now enter Obsidia Ward!

zyfSl7im.png

...But that's for the next part~ See you next time, and remember to post anything you have to say in my discussion thread!

Part 4

Episode 2: "Reap What's Been Sewn"

Obsidia Ward (Central + South)

Obsidia Ward is even bigger than Peridot, taking place as the biggest ward in Reborn City. Thanks to its huge size, it was broken up into three parts on maps: North Obsidia, Obsidia, and South Obsidia. However, after the earthquakes and the plants incident, the three parts are now separated geographically as well. The part we can access currently is the central part, Obsidia (and a part of South Obsidia).

Victoria wasn't kidding when she said Obsidia was being attacked by plants. Vines are growing and wriggling everywhere, and some areas are blocked off. If you're experiencing lag in this area, it's probably because of all of these vines. Maybe when they get cleared out, your game will be smoother. Now, you might notice that there's a bunch of people staring at this giant crack in the middle of the street, which splits Obsidia in another half. There's also a Cut tree in the sidewalk, and if you somehow managed to cut it down, you could get to the other side. And we have a Badge that lets us use Cut. Gee, I wonder what we're going to do!

We're going to get Cut.

So you might want to make sure you have caught or will catch a Pokemon that can learn it before we set off to try and find Victoria. Anyway, there's a couple events we can do in Obsidia Ward, before we try to get to the other side.

Firstly, let's find the Pokemon Center and any stores. By the way, Obsidia has quite a few shops, unlike Peridot and Opal.

Pokemon Center:

fKfFB59.png

There's quite a few people in the Pokemon Center, by the way, including one girl who says her boyfriend fell into the giant crack in Obsidia and another woman who is looking for her son. You might want to remember them, because in case you couldn't tell, those are future events.

Next up, the shops.

Critical Capture, a Poke Ball Shop:

TuMQaaB.png

Critical Capture:

Heavy Ball - 300

Moon Ball - 300

Fast Ball - 300

Love Ball - 400

Nest Ball - 500

Net Ball - 500

Dive Ball - 500

Timer Ball - 1000

Friend Ball - 3000

Out of these, I would recommend getting some of the Timer Balls and Nest Balls. Some Pokemon will have very low catch rates, even if they are very low leveled.

Devon Corp: (which surprisingly doesn't really have good Items; it's like the Poke Mart of Obsidia...)

tbJruTG.png

Devon Corp:

Potion - 300

Repel - 350

Poke Ball - 200

At the very least, we finally get Repels. You may want to stock up on them if you don't like running into wild Pokemon, and quite a few areas will have them.

This over here is one of two Salons in Obsidia, Central Salon:

PX9E7l7.png

Anyway, there are three things you can do here. One: For the price of 1500, you can get your Pokemon groomed and increase its happiness, but you can only do this once a day. It's handy for those baby Pokemon, but you'll need to save up. The lady who does this is here in the Salon:

ZCTFNOk.png

Secondly, you can check your Pokemon's happiness by talking to the girl above the lady who grooms your Pokemon in the picture above. She'll give you vague answers instead of actually telling you what the number is, though, but at least you get a sense of how your Pokemon are feeling?

The last thing you can do here is talk to a different lady. She wants to see a Pokemon with maxed out happiness. If you do so, she'll give you a Soothe Bell, which will also help with getting your Pokemon to become more friendly! If the Pokemon isn't friendly enough, she'll just say that you're a bad Trainer. :c Anyway, your starter Pokemon or a Pokemon that needs happiness to evolve that has evolved should/will suffice.

y6gfUEo.png

Anyway, the final store there is is Sweet Kiss, a candy store~

v8tnD1e.png

There will be two counters inside. One will sell you candy.

Sweet Kiss:

Common Candy - 300

Whipped Dream - 1000
Peppermint (cures Poison) - 600
Chewing Gum (cures Paralysis) - 800
Pop Rocks (cures Sleep) - 750
Salt-water Taffy (cures Burn) - 850
Red-Hots (cures Freeze) - 850
Cotton Candy (Revive) - 5000
Rare Candy - 20000

The other allows you to challenge a tile puzzle. If you manage to create the picture of a Swirlix, you'll get Sweet Kiss' mascot, Swirlix! Keep in mind that you can repeat these. The puzzle should look like this: If yours seems like it does, but it doesn't end immediately as it should if the puzzle is correct, maybe try turning the corners?

2ch6bep.jpg

684MS.png(Lv. 10)

Although we can buy a Whipped Dream, we can't evolve Swirlix without giving it a Link Stone (stone evolution for Trade Pokemon), so it isn't too great of a Fairy type. However, Swirlix does get some useful moves, like Light Screen, Aromatherapy, Draining Kiss, Energy Ball, Play Rough, Endeavor, etc. But even Slurpuff isn't so great, as it can't get Belly Drum without breeding from a Limited Event Pokemon and Sitrus Berries are consumable. You can go for a special Slurpuff, though, since Flamethrower, Surf, etc. are available in the future.

Anyway, you may notice a vending machine in Sweet Kiss, but a boy is blocking it. Give him any Ice Cream, which you can buy from the Opal Ice Cream Vendor, and he'll move. You may now get more Ice Cream, without needing to use weather!

Sweet Kiss Ice Cream Vendor:

Vanilla Ice Cream* - 1000 / 400

Choc Ice Cream - 600

Berry Ice Cream - 800

Occasionally, a Blue Moon Ice Cream will drop out instead of the Ice Cream you buy.

*When you buy Ice Cream for the first time, it will cost 1000. This is because the Ice Cream that will drop out is actually a Vanillite! After this, Vanilla Ice Cream can be bought for 400.

582MS.png(Lv. 15)

Besides being cute, Vanillite is a pretty nice Ice type, and is also the first obtainable one. It gets moves like Mirror Move, Mirror Shot, Acid Armor, Ice Beam, etc., so it can actually be both somewhat defensive as well as still do some damage. Vanillite is probably outclassed by stronger Ice types, but most of the best ones only will appear later in game, so you might be using Vanillite for a while if you choose to.

Now, that wraps up the shops. Before we go south, there's a Steel Gem over here:

4yVARTF.png

In addition, that building in the same picture actually leads to the Underground Railroad, but Obsidia side.

Underground Railnet

Remember the part from Peridot side? Well, this one has some different Pokemon, and some stronger ones at it too.

Underground Railnet, Obsidia Side:

Encounters:714MS.png

Dark Spots:527MS.png599MS.png

I already talked about Noibat and Woobat, but Klink is a new Pokemon! It becomes fairly bulky, and getting Gear Grind and Shift Gear are pretty nice. Also, it can learn Charge Beam for boosting Special Attack. If you want a Steel type, Klink is available here, but it's another Pokemon that will be outclassed later. If you haven't realized by now, most of the good Pokemon will be available pretty late.

Anyway, last event for now is in a man's apartment.

9n72yh2v1cgpeipzg.jpg?size_id=7

5aEwC96.png

Here, his Lillipup will run away. However, we can't reach the area his Lillipup runs off to next just yet, but it's coming up fairly soon.

With all of that done, we can finally go see Victoria! She mentions that the only way to get to the other side of South Obsidia and Obsidia is to go through the Obsidia Slums, but she finds it dangerous. She doesn't want you to go in and battles you. (*cough* Roadblock *cough*)

MVEgajQm.png

charvictoria.png

280MS.png(Lv. 15) Synchronize: Double Team, Teleport, Disarming Voice, Lucky Chant

296MS.png(Lv. 15) Thick Fat: Sand Attack, Arm Thrust, Fake Out, Force Palm

499MS.png(Lv. 17) Blaze: Odor Sleuth, Defense Curl, Flame Charge, Arm Thrust

Victoria is a Fighting type Trainer, so...

- Fairy types, Flying types and Psychic types would naturally be useful against her, like Espurr, Swoobat, Jigglypuff, etc.

- As for Ralts (which will obviously evolve into Gallade), there's Poison types like Stunky that can easily take it out. Just remember not to use statuses unless you're doing something like using Poison Gas from a Poison type, since Synchronize won't affect it that way.

After beating her, Victoria will let you go into the Slums. Before we do that, on windy days, you can see Hoppip floating around in this area. If you touch one, it will battle you! The area in this picture is opened up to you later, but you don't have to be here to get one.

wgiSsRh.png

187MS.png(Lv. 10) Egg Moves: Aromatherapy, Encore, Grassy Terrain

When it evolves into Jumpluff, Hoppip can actually be a pretty speedy Pokemon with the usual Sleep Powder, Leech Seed, U-Turn, and Acrobatics (since you're not going to get too many useful Items anytime soon). It's somewhat frail, but Jumpluff is a great supportive Pokemon with some nice attacks too.

Obsidia Slums

Now, there's going to be wild Pokemon here, as well as a couple Trainers. Luckily, there are three of these Items called "Light Shards", which will heal your whole team up, but can only be used once. If you feel like something is going to happen soon and you need to heal up, use them. You'll get to see more of these later on signalling more battles/important battles, appearing when the devs think you might need them, whether just before/after a boss or in between a bunch of Trainers. They look like this:

NoQZjeC.png

Anyway, I mentioned that there's wild Pokemon here, so let's list them. (You won't see these Pokemon at the back room nor the exit.)

Obsidia Slums:

Encounters: 519MS.png568MS.png056MS.png674MS.png296MS.png

Here, you can get some Fighting types, which you want to have at least one of for the upcoming Gym. I recommend Makuhita out of the three, since its Abilities are all nice, plus it gets moves like Fake Out and Knock Off. Pancham and Mankey are kinda outclassed by it, really.

Also, if you want a Flying type, Pidove is a good option because it evolves into a POWERFUL STARAPTOR due to Air Cutter and Roost.

EV Train here in Attack, if you'd like, as Pidove, Mankey, and Pancham all give Attack. Avoid Trubbish and Makuhita, since they give you Speed and HP respectively. Actually, if you want a fast physical Pokemon, just avoid Makuhita, and if you want a bulky physical Pokemon, just avoid Trubbish.

Anyway, the Slums has a couple of jumping puzzles, but all of them are pretty easy, although some have dead end paths. You might hear about a mysterious moving box from the Trainers... Wonder what that could be? Boxes don't usually move, but you'll get to see it as you progress through the Slums. How spooky, has it been haunted with the Halloween spirit? By the way, since I didn't say this, Happy Halloween~

Oh, and if you remember from the stolen Pokemon quest, the thief said the person who stole the Pokemon went to the Obsidia Slums. Well, after you beat this random Trainer, he says that he stole the Pokemon, and then sold it off to a gang member in Lapis Ward. Sigh.

SfGN5SVm.png

Also, there's a couple of Items through out the Slums: Zinc, TM 60 Quash, a Moon Stone, a Great Ball, and probably a couple more hidden around that don't really need to be shown.

Zinc:

1DBCV07.png

TM 60 Quash:

gYbO7BS.png

Moon Stone:

NbDwiby.png

Great Ball:

kutejFc.png

Also, if you push this box out of the way after entering an optional room like this...

LM6eOEP.png

You'll come to a jumping puzzle. After beating that, you'll be at the start of the Slums, but on an opposite side, where there can be either a Ducklett or Drowzee Egg.

7j2Ddqi.png

EggMS.png580MS.pngEgg Moves: Mirror Move OR EggMS.png096MS.pngEgg Moves: Nasty Plot

Both Ducklett and Drowzee are good Pokemon. Ducklett can use Rain Dance + Hurricane to its advantage, while Drowzee can learn Hypnosis + Nightmare, Poison Gas, etc. These strategies are pretty unusual, but they work.

Eventually we'll see that the moving box is actually...

YWfIYyE.png

A Scraggy!

anFbkgf.png

Following the Scraggy, we'll eventually come to a room with some more Scraggy and a Scrafty, who will battle you.

eWCnLpSm.png

qq2n9n5vdwtcq2fzg.jpg

Pokemon Gang would like to battle!

Format: Doubles (Alone)

559MS.pngScraggy (lv. 14) [ANY ABILITY]: Sand Attack, Faint Attack, Headbutt

559MS.pngScraggy (Lv. 15) [ANY ABILITY]: Sand Attack, Faint Attack, Headbutt

559MS.pngScraggy (Lv. 16) [ANY ABILITY]: Sand Attack, Faint Attack, Headbutt, Swagger

560MS.pngScrafty (Lv. 18) [ANY ABILITY]: Sand Attack, Faint Attack, Headbutt, Swagger

This is a double battle, but it's really a joke. Swagger and Sand Attack might be annoying, but this fight is pretty easy.

- Just bring a Flying type, Fairy type, or Fighting type, and you should be good to go.

- Perish Song too op pls nerf

Upon defeating them, they will unlock the door to get out of the Slums and leave. Aww, looks like we won't be getting a Scraggy just yet (hint hint).

After a few Gyms, we can find a key and get a Scraggy.

South Obsidia Ward

Anyway, after leaving that place, you'll be in the other part of South Obsidia Ward.

Police are blocking off Obsidia Ward from you, so we can't get to the other side of the crack just yet. There's also a huge door that leads to a place called the Byxbysion Wasteland, but it's locked. So the only place left to go is south, to another part of Reborn City, called Coral Ward.

Sk7tE1z.png

Part 5

Coral Ward

Ah, Coral Ward, Reborn City's small yet busy port, with a strange mist (meaning that battles will take place in the Misty Terrain). Or it was busy, since due to the toxic water, there aren't as many ships nor are there many people here. Plus, a ruined Gym lies in the middle of the ward, and without a Gym Leader, there's no reason for Trainers to come by.

Highlights of this area. Firstly, a bunch of Items that are pretty random but there: An Ultra Potion (heals 120 HP), Chewing Gum, an Aspear Berry (There won't be a lot of berries we can find in Reborn City unless you go to a shop), a Potion, and a Repel.

rQZbKm8.png

XfOJ0Qn.png

hrRk0ME.png

jbnDYyt.png

IJQPffq.png

The Pokemon Center is also shown in that last picture.

Anyway, in the house next to the Pokemon Center, there will be a grandmother, a boy, and a sick Skitty. The boy refuses to take the Skitty to a Pokemon Center, which is literally next door, saying he wants to nurse it himself. Grandmother here says that the only way to heal the Skitty is with an Ultra Potion (although why would this Skitty already have so much HP?) Conveniently, there's a hidden Ultra Potion hidden in Coral, as shown in the pictures above. You can give it to the Grandmother to heal Skitty, but if you don't want Skitty, just keep it and let the poor cat suffer, I guess. If you do give it, the two will give you the Skitty.

300MS.png(Lv. 20)

Skitty isn't too great, to be honest. You have to evolve it very late unless you don't want its better moves (i.e. Play Rough, Heal Bell, Double-Edge), and Delcatty's stats are pretty... bad. Just use a different Normal type.

Next up, when it's rainy/stormy, a Lotad can be found on this pier. Give it some Pokesnax, and it will join you.

KzGkOBi.png

270MS.png(Lv. 15)

Ludicolo is a pretty good Pokemon when it evolves, getting moves like Knock Off, Fake Out, and Zen Headbutt in its previous evolutions. You'll want to use Rain Dance to make the most out of it, and I guess a small problem is the lack of TMs, so it can't get Ice Beam or something like that for now.

We can also continue the Lillipup chase in Coral or a couple more places that are available. It seems as though that only three of these places will be the where you'll find Lillipup. The fifth and final place, however, is not available yet. Note that some of these places may have been changed (also, not all of these locations have pictures, so here's just a list...) So look at all of these locations till you find Lillipup, then repeat twice more.

- Pier in Coral Ward

- Near the Gates to the Tourmaline Desert in Peridot Ward

- Under Opal Bridge, near the area where Pansear is found

- Near a large crack in Obsidia south of the Yureyu building

- In Peridot Ward, near the Pokesnax vendor in the upper west side.

TFlqXWM.png

Jdo1Yv6.png

The warehouses in Coral seem to be either empty or locked, and the destroyed Gym doesn't seem to be triggering anything, although it does look cool so here's a picture (Side note, the lady in this picture not only makes an Avatar reference but also says something about the Gym Leader of this Gym training a mysterious type and disappearing very suddenly.)

moLwo8hm.png

...So the only thing left to do is talk to the important character with teal/turquoise hair on one of the piers. She's looking at an Oshawott, and says to you that she's trying to help it, but doesn't know how, as the water in Azurine Lake is toxic and a Water type can't surf on it.

yZcsDYZm.png

Cain comes over, makes his usual romantic innuendos, and introduces the girl to you, who is Amaria, one of the highest ranking Gym Leaders and the Water one.

39w4un8m.png

He learns of the problem, so he simply sends out his Grimer, which is a Poison type and therefore immune to the toxic water, to bring the Oshawott back to land (while singing, since he's a Disney princess). Yeah, Grimer can't learn Surf, but at least it learns Sludge Wave?

RUI9PP0m.png

BehFE5Xm.png

Anyway, Cain says his work is done, but the Oshawott follows him, so he decides to take Oshawott along with him, since he's cute. Amaria suggests a battle, and so here's your second rival battle with Cain!

uMfityJm.png

charcain.png

Pretty Boy Cain would like to battle!

Field: Misty Terrain

088MS.png(Lv. 16) [ANY ABILITY]: Harden, Mud-Slap, Disable, Sludge

048MS.png(Lv. 16) [ANY ABILITY]: Foresight, Supersonic, Confusion, Poison Powder

501MS.png(Lv. 15) Torrent: Tail Whip, Water Gun, Water Sport, Focus Energy

033MS.png(Lv. 20) Rivalry: Peck, Focus Energy, Double Kick, Poison Sting

Thank goodness for the Misty Terrain, other wise Poison would really take a toll on your Pokemon. That Grimer might be a little annoying, but the only thing you really have to fear is Nidorino due to it being level 20.

- Psychic types or Ground types should make this battle pretty easy; use Espurr, Swoobat, or Numel.

- As for Oshawott, something super effective should take it out in a few hits.

After beating him, Cain says he'll keep Oshawott anyway and goes off to the Wasteland for his sister, while Amaria realizes who you are and says that she was helping Florinia, so the two of you better get back over to her. After she leaves, you can now go back to South Obsidia Ward, and the Police Officers blocking the way to the other side of Peridot Ward will be gone.

Obsidia Ward [cont.]

The two Gym Leaders are looking at Obsidia Park, where all of the destruction seems to be coming from, and tell you that some of the trees can be Cut down, so Amaria gives you TMX1 Cut, since you have Julia's Badge and can use it.

4wYdbCwm.png

vODZKgCm.png

But, there's some things you can do with Cut before you may want to progress with the story, although the trees you can Cut down will disappear after an upcoming fight. Firstly, in this Salon named Glamazonia, you can give a Pokemon a haircut daily, but it will cost a whopping 2000 Pokedollars! There's a second lady, who wants you to go to the Central Salon and spy on them to see why that Salon is getting all of the customers.

The shop outside appearance has a sign and stars in front of it:

Drv3haTm.png

The boss is the one being speaking; the haircutter is the other lady that's sitting:

t7Rr8Nd.png

Secondly, Cut down that tree blocking you from the left side of Obsidia, so you can go get some Items and do whatever you want to do, since there's a boss battle coming up! Also, there's some Cut trees that we can now cut down to access new areas, but let's continue the Salon's request, shall we?

Go back to Central Salon, and talk to everyone there, I guess. Then come back to the lady who asked you to spy on Central Salon, and she'll change her prices to 1400 Pokedollars, which is 100 lower than Central Salon! She'll also let you take one Glameow out of the few that are just walking around in the Salon.

UI8Z6Vp.png

431MS.png(Lv. 15)

Glameow is a pretty decent Normal type that is unfortunately outclassed by better (Lillipup) or earlier (Meowth) Normal types. It gets some pretty cool moves, like Fake Out, Hypnosis, Hone Claws, Play Rough, and a couple TMs, plus an amazing Speed and decent Attack when it evolves, as well as Thick Fat which is great for the upcoming Ice and Fire Gyms. Unfortunately, those Gyms are much farther in, when Purugly isn't so great anymore...

Next, you can cut down the tree near the Pokemon Center to access the Day Care Center! However, the Day Care Man and Lady will not take your Pokemon in... Strange... Keep talking to them until they finally reveal that they are actually Team Meteor Grunts who are stealing the Trainers' Pokemon as they leave them to be taken care of! They'll fight you and run off, saying that they hid the key to where they locked up the real Day Care Couple. We can't get the key just yet, so let's continue.

bmOSZIpm.png

Pf6qqBSm.png

DUWQdFQm.png

9UizwC8m.png

eycAkNcm.png

DiZfhGTm.png

ivOHrLBm.png

I cut out the part where the two Grunts were saying Team Meteor's motto that's similar to Jessie and James' Rocket motto, but it's pretty funny how the Day Care Lady and Man slowly turn into the Day Care Lady? and Man? into Not the Day Care Lady and Man into Definitely Not the Day Care Couple. Anyway, to continue...

xZvubwTm.png

HcF868Xm.png

There's one more tree, south of the entrance to Obsidia Ward from Opal Bridge, blocking the way to Obsidia Alley! (and, like the other alleys, a Trainer will be position to battle you in order to get access to the Alley...) There are a few Trainers here, and wild Pokemon, as always.

Fi5KOdgm.png

Obsidia Alley:

Encounters:568MS.png109MS.png261MS.png

When Koffing evolves, it gets very nice bulk and offensive stats, as well as Levitate to remedy the Ground weakness. Explosion, Haze, and Destiny Bond are all very nice moves, and Weezing gets them all! It's a pretty nice wall, but it doesn't get too many good attacks without TMs (some of which won't be till a lot later).

Also, there's some events you can do. Right over here, if you have Pokesnax with you, a Plusle or Minun will appear and eat your Pokesnax. It will join you. After that, you can repeat the event to get the one you didn't get earlier.

noQF9el.png

311MS.png(Lv. 15)

312MS.png(Lv. 15)

Plusle and Minun really aren't the best Electric types you can get. Their stats are mediocre, and despite their niche in useful or unique supportive moves such as Baton Pass + stat raising move, Nuzzle, Helping Hand, etc., there are plenty of other better Electric types, like the one in this next event.

Next, at night, two Mightyena will be cornering a poor Electrike. Beat the Pokemon Strays in a Double battle, and the Electrike will join you in gratitude.

QwEmnYHm.png

4tHcdSom.png

309MS.png(Lv. 18) Egg Moves: Crunch, Ice Fang, Flame Burst

Electrike is a pretty good Electric type at this point of the game, being able to get moves like the elemental fangs, Discharge, etc. It does need to breed to get better moves, though, which can be a pain. Still, you might want to use this, especially due to Static/Lightning Rod, until you find something better.

On the other hand, at day/morning, a Litleo will be around the same spot. It will run away if you interact with it, running over to the Underground Railway Obsidia side. However, a Level 35 Klinklang will attack you if you go, so make sure you are prepared for that (cough Perish Song Jigglypuff cough). Beat the Pokemon Mechanightmare (yes, that's what it's called), and Litleo will join you in gratitude.

7REbqg1.png

ohqLbaO.png

MOR8rvk.png

667MS.png(Lv. 18)

Pyroar is actually a great Pokemon for a pretty good chunk of the game. It has a great Special Attack and Speed, as well as a mediocre Attack that can be patched up with Moxie. It learns plenty of nice moves like Overheat, Crunch, Noble Roar, and Hyper Voice, and it has a Ghost immunity as well, which may come in handy along with Crunch for the upcoming Ghost Leader.

And finally, you may be able to find Zangoose in this Alley at night again, as well. The order is randomized, remember!

lDVDLkR.png?1

And finally, if you go back to the Pokemon Center, you may remember the lady who lost her son. After talking to her, go near Glamazonia, and there will be a boy who says he lost his mother. Go back to the lady, and you'll tell her that you found her son, and then she'll give you an Ability Capsule as thanks.

And that wraps up everything we can do now, so let's go ahead and Cut down the trees blocking the way to Obsidia Park! Amaria and Florinia will immediately go in after cutting the tree, but then you can hear their screams!

4k7C3Igm.png

f0g9uZWm.png

5EvMIZ2m.png

When you go inside yourself (also there's a Light Shard if you need it), you will see a Team Meteor member controlling a Tangrowth in a machine, which is strangling Amy and Rini. They will introduce themselves as ZEL. The Z stands for Zero, the mean male personality, E stands for Eve, the smart and analytic female personality, and the L stands for Lumi, the kind other female personality (She even feels sorry for the Tangrowth.). If Zero is speaking, ZEL will be Zel, if Eve is speaking, ZEL will be zEl, and if Lumi is speaking, ZEL will be zeL, if you ever get confused. The three seem to argue quite a bit...

RGizMu3m.png

y1FgsXNm.png

SKD0fkIm.png

AEyVXtom.png

RVxOhaVm.png

BYYELNwm.png

They will battle you with the Tangrowth, who will "PULSE evolve" (which is similar to a Mega Evolution, but it hurts the Pokemon and the stat increase isn't always 100) into PULSE Tangrowth, who is a VERY bulky Grass/Poison type. Eve built the machine herself, although much later into the story, her actions will be clarified. Anyway, you'll fight other PULSE mutations later on, so be prepared for freakish looking Pokemon with changed typings, Abilities, stats, etc.

23YeTxFm.png

charzel.png

Meteor Admin ZEL would like to battle!

465MS.pngPULSE Tangrowth (Lv. 22) Filter, Pulsehold: Growth, Vine Whip, Acid Spray, Mega Drain

This is actually a pretty difficult battle due to PULSE Tangrowth powering up with Growth and being able to lower your Special Defense with Acid Spray. Also, you can't poison it due to Tangrowth getting a Grass/Poison typing, and the PULSE evolution increased Tangrowth's bulk by like, a lot. Combine it with Filter and, well, Tangrowth will be pretty hard to beat.

- It's more defensive than specially defensive, so try special moves, especially super effective ones, even if they are weakened. That would be Psychic type moves, Flying type moves, Fire type moves, and Ice type moves. I recommend Pokemon like Swoobat, Espurr, [Fire type starter here], Vanillite, and Litleo.

- Try to put Tangrowth to sleep or paralyze it, so it may not/cannot move for a while.

- If Jigglypuff can get a Perish Song up (using sleep/paralysis will help), then the battle's over in three more turns. You'll probably want to use this strategy for bosses that only have one Pokemon teams or one Pokemon remaining.

After beating ZEL, the Tangrowth will faint and the vines will therefore start to disappear. ZEL will escape (but not after Eve scolds Zero for using the PULSE Tangrowth in battle rather than their Pokemon, ruining the plan), and Amy and Rini will thank you. Amy leaves to report the incident, and Rini tells you that she is now accepting your Gym battle in her Gym in Onyx Ward, which is the next place to go to. However, we have finally unlocked the final part of Central Obsidia and can explore it!

txuJWn9m.png

3IBLQkem.png

t6SmT03m.png

bb6s8oum.png

IPnOlLGm.png

Part 6

With the vines and trees all gone now, Obsidia Ward looks a bit better than how it used to. Of course, there's still all the litter and trash, like the rest of the city, as well as the giant earthquake cracks...

First thing's first, Obsidia Park is now cleared and explorable. There is a Heart Scale on this bush over here...

yZ0d9bL.png

And, as a park, there is some grass. There's a whole lot of new encounters, so get ready.

Obsidia Park:

Morning:427MS.png069MS.png043MS.png192MS.png161MS.png

Day:438MS.png043MS.png069MS.png427MS.png161MS.png048MS.png

Night:163MS.png069MS.png043MS.png048MS.png438MS.png

Headbutt:204MS.png287MS.png

Buneary comes with low Friendship and gets Frustration, which is kinda good, I guess, but that friendship level is just going to keep rising...

Bellsprout is pretty fast in Sun with Chlorophyll, and gets cool things like Knock Off.

Oddish evolves into two Pokemon. Vileplume is one of my favorites, with some great bulk as well as nice moves: Moonblast, Moonlight, Giga Drain, Petal Dance, etc. Bellossom gets Sunny Day by level up, though, and it gets mainly the same moves as Vileplume (they got these moves as a Gloom).

Sunflora might be a Pokemon you want to catch for a trade later on.

Sentret is usable for HMs + Frisk, but Bidoof is already available and better.

Bonsly's evolution Sudowoodo has some nice moves (Wood Hammer, Hammer Arm, Stone Edge/Rock Slide, etc.) and great power, so it's definitely a great early to middle game Pokemon.

Venonat evolves into Venomoth, which is also nice with Quiver Dance + Bug Buzz + Psychic, but these moves come really late.

Slakoth becomes Slaking, a huge powerhouse, but it has Truant. Use it if you'd like; there's not too many Pokemon with Protect in Reborn.

The Headbutt trees here are a great place for EV Training physically defensive Pokemon, as Pineco gives Defense EVs and Slakoth gives HP EVs.

You can find Sentret here, which you may evolve for a trade in Obsidia Ward, as well. Go to this house, and the girl will ask for a Furret in exchange for a strange blobby Pokemon. Unfortunately, it's not Ditto. It's Castform!

h4HHUO9.png

351MS.png(Level of Furret)

Castform learns Rain Dance and Sunny Day (and Hail!), so you can use that if you want to ever change the weather, especially on a weather reliant team. In addition, the weather + Weather Ball makes a pretty strong combination for the early game, so that's a plus. Obviously, though, it's pretty bad later on...

Anyway, when you leave the second path from Obsidia Park, there will be a Spoink when clear. Talk to it, and it will run off.

m9WIqMg.png

You can find it in a Coral Ward warehouse (currently the only open one), underneath one of these boxes. It seems to be randomized though, so just keep checking until you get it. The Spoink will battle you in fear, giving you a chance to catch it.

wNEQkpN.png

325MS.png(Lv. 15)

Spoink/Grumpig is kind of a jack-of-all-trades. It has some decent Special Defense, HP, Special Attack, and Speed, plus Thick Fat, great for Fire and Ice types. It learns moves like Teeter Dance, Psyshock, Psychic, and Power Gem, all by level up, so it isn't too reliant on TMs. Still, it's definitely outclassed by future Psychic types.

Next up, go into the house at Obsidia Park, and you can find a Warehouse Key, the key that the fake Daycare Couple were talking about. Use it on the two locked warehouses near the southern part of Coral Ward. One of them will unlock the true Daycare couple, who will thank you and allow you to use their services.

QYuQO9F.png

qP0VetN.png

Reborn uses the most updated mechanics of Pokemon, being ORAS. Therefore, you can't breed TM moves like you could in BW. However, as Reborn is older than Gen 6, if you go back to E12 or older, you could then breed TM moves. Obviously, this can cause some glitches, but if you know how to do it properly (save in a safe place like a Pokemon Center, which won't be changed too much from past episodes, and store all Gen 6 Pokemon in the PC), it can be beneficial for your team.

To learn how to do breeding in both the old E12 and the most recent episode, use Etesian's Breeding Guide, which also has a link for E12.

The other will have a Team Meteor member. He'll say that he can't find the last Pokemon from the kidnapped Pokemon the fake Daycare couple stole, see you, and run off. Go towards the end of the warehouse, and you'll find the Pokemon he's talking about: Happiny. It will willingly join you.

Bfpbump.png

SvUZEUf.png

440MS.png(Lv. 10)

Blissey is a great wall with proper EV training and statuses. Of course, it's Defense is terrible, but it has a huge amount of HP and great Special Defense that you could use, as well as healing moves like Soft Boiled. However, stalling isn't that great of a method in Reborn, mainly because it takes so long...

Going forward, you may see that there's a giant store. This is Reborn's Department Store! However, unlike other Department Stores, this one uses a Sticker method: You start off with one Sticker, which only unlocks the second floor, and as you get more, you can unlock more floors! The best Items, obviously, are on the higher floors, but you'll make do with the two floors unlocked right now. Talk to the lady in the elevator or the lady next to the right side counter, and either one will give you a Membership Card with the first sticker. To check where all the stickers are, here's the Sticker Guide by Eagleby or Lostelle's Video on all the Stickers!

Anyway, as always, here are what the merchants on Floors 1 and 2 sell.

Department Store, Floor 1: Low-Tier General Needs and Medicine:

Poke Ball - 200

Escape Rope - 550
Common Candy - 300
Repel - 350
Pokesnax - 400

Potion - 300

Antidote - 100
Awakening - 250
Burn Heal - 250
Parlyz Heal - 200
Ice Heal - 250

Department Store, Floor 2: Berries and Battle Items:

Oran Berry - 200

Cheri Berry - 400
Pecha Berry - 400
Rawst Berry - 400
Chesto Berry - 400
Aspear Berry - 400
Persim Berry - 400

X Attack - 500

X Defend - 550
X Special - 350
X Speed - 350
X Sp. Def - 350
Guard Spec - 700
Dire Hit - 650

To be honest, most of these Items kinda suck. X-Items aren't really used, and you can find most of the first few Items in other shops. However, Oran Berries are something you might want to stock up on, because a lot later in the game, there will be a place where you can trade Oran Berries for Moomoo Milk.

The nearby Silph Co. building doesn't sell anything due to "security reasons", and its products are found in the Department Store, so that's all of the new part of Obsidia Ward. Onwards to Onyx Ward!

Onyx Ward

Onyx Ward: One of the smallest parts of Reborn City, home to Onyx Trainer School, Onyx Arcade, and a girl locked outside of her house. But no, you can not catch wild Onix here.

Since the School is the next place to go to in the story, the Arcade requires a Coin Case to use, and we don't have a Key for the girl, let's take care of the few side-quests available in Onyx. Firstly, in this house over here, there will be a girl who asks you to check on the Daycare couple, since she think they seem weird. Since you've already done so, she'll be surprised that the Daycare couple were fakes and will give you a Pokemon Egg: either Cacnea or Seel (and no soft-resetting).

drqQKHcm.png

EggMS.png331MS.pngEgg Moves: Nasty Plot, Low Kick OREggMS.png086MS.pngEgg Moves: Perish Song

Both Cacnea and Seel are pretty good - Cacturne has a great movepool while also being able to take the role of either physical or special attacker (or mixed), while Seel gets the amazing Perish Song, as well as some nice bulk and decent offenses. If you could pick one, Cacnea would probably be better though, since you can get Seel later on.

Next, over right here, the man will have finally caught up to his Lillipup. He says he's too tired to take care of it anymore, and gives Lillipup over to you.

b6q9KXn.png

506MS.png(Lv. 15) Egg Moves: Ice Fang, Fire Fang, Thunder Fang

Stoutland is a great Normal type from now to late game. It gets the elemental fangs, Play Rough, Crunch, and Giga Impact, as well as a terrific Attack and decent bulk and Speed. I'd recommend you use it.

And finally, there's a Carbos over on this rock.

NwRIYQ0.png

That's pretty much it, so the only place to go now is the School! The east entrance will be blocked by some kids, so head on over to the west entrance...

And Fern will say you're not good enough to fight his sister. He'll lock you out.

RQJB7Trm.png

biT6p0ym.png

Well then. Let's head back over to the east entrance, and the kids will battle you. After beating them, they'll let you into the school. Now, Onyx Trainer School has a Pokemon Center built in, if you need to use it, since there are quite a few kids here who will fight you. There are also books and bookshelves lying around, telling you some random trivia, that you'll actually have to study due to being part of the Gym puzzle.

Or you can just use Bulbapedia/Serebii.

When you come across the second floor, there will be rooms you can enter. The first has a student who will give you a Coin Case, the second has a broken computer that needs an Item we don't have yet, and the third... let's get to that after we're done exploring the Arcade.

ZgZc1DVm.png

While you can buy some Coins in exchange for Pokedollars, there's some Coins scattered all over the floor and seats of the Arcade, so make sure to check each tile for some.

Out of the two games you can play: Voltorb Flip and the Slot Machines, Voltorb Flip is less luck-based, as there's a whole strategy on how to play it. If you want Coins, maybe try doing this one. Below is a Guide to Voltorb Flip...

Voltorb Flip Guide:

Voltorb Flip Guide, provided by Mint_Spaghetti

Rewards per level:

1 - 20-50

2 - 50-100

3 - 100-200

4 - 200-500 - Probably the best level to play on, as they are easier than the other levels as well as pay enough.

5 - 500-1000

6-8* - 1000+

*Level 8 rewards can go as high as 3000 coins

Step 1:

Cover all the lines with 0 bombs. Any line without bombs clear it out. Simple.

Step 2:

Put the bomb sign on all the lines where bombs + points = 5. This means that the line only has 1 point cards or bomb cards and so is irrelevant to pass the level.

Step 3:

Educational guesses. High points with few bombs usually have an intersection. For example a line on the horizonal with 9,1 (9 points, one bomb); is likely to share points in common with a line on the vertical with 10,1. High points few bombs.

Step 4:

Work with what you know.

Here are common patterns

4,2 - will always have a 2 point

5,1 - will always have a 2 point

5,2 - will have either two 2 points or a 3 point

6,1 - has either a 3 point or two 2 points

etc...

A 6,1 usually intersects with another 6,1 if the rest of the board has low points.

Step 5:

Guess. The game isn't perfect. Most of the time there will be a 50/50 chance of getting winning at the end. Just remember that even if you lose if your coins are high and you make a "understandable play", the game will keep you on the level.

If you are still terrible even with these steps, try using the Voltorb Flip Calculator, which will try to give you the best possible answer (but still may fail, as this game does have a luck-factor).

Onyx Arcade:

50 Coins - 1000

500 Coins - 10000

Slugma - 1000 Coins

Nidoran-M - 3000 Coins

Shinx - 5000 Coins

TM 45 Attract - 1000 Coins

TM 42 Facade - 4000 Coins

TM 90 Substitute - 7000 Coins

218MS.png032MS.png403MS.png

Slugma is a pretty meh Pokemon, as its evolution's typing and stats are pretty bad, but Shell Smash is a pretty nice niche.

Both Nidoran-M and Shinx have shallow movepools, but Nidoran-M will see more usage as we get the better TMs, and Shinx might be able to get more usage when the Toxic Orb / Flame Orb is available.

In addition, the lottery can be done here, and you can win some pretty great prizes if you win. However, with very few trades, it'll take a lot of time to get something worthwhile... Try changing the date? Preferably with some background music or doing something else in the mean time.

Onyx Arcade Lottery:

1 digit - Full Restore

2 digits - Max Revive

3 digits - PP Up

4 digits - Exp. Share

5 digits - Master Ball

As you can see, the first three digits can get you the best of the best medications, while getting 4 digits gives you a super early Exp. Share, and getting 5 digits gives you a Master Ball​! Very useful items right there.

As for Reborn Hardcore players, the Gym Guide who was previously in Reborn but axed due to him not appearing in quite a few Gyms appears in here. He'll give you a Psyduck for 5000 Poke!

054.png(Lv. 25?)

I haven't played Hardcore, but I'd say that Psyduck is a pretty usable Pokemon. It learns some useful Psychic moves like Zen Headbutt from level up, and it gets Swift Swim which boosts its decent Speed. Its stats aren't too great as a Golduck, but it will pass for this part. Still, Commander has added a few more Water types other than this one.

With that done, it's time for the third dorm. This room used to belong to Julia, Florinia, Amaria, and Titania (who we haven't met yet). It also has the diaries of them, which gives some backstory:

Julia says she's happy that she's cheer captain, but is worried about Amaria, former captain.

Florinia says she's done with emotions.

Amaria says she feels depression under her happy and cheerful facade.

Titania says to stop reading diaries, you creep.

After exploring the second floor and beating the Trainers there, you can go back downstairs, on the different side. First, go to up and right from the staircase, and you can unlock the gate to the entrance of the school so there's a shortcut to the Pokemon Center. Then, fight all the Trainers for more experience, if you'd like, but here is where the Gym puzzle is.

Answers:

What level does Starmie learn Rapid Spin?

A: 000

What number is Huntail in the National Dex?

A: 367

True or false: Areas have field effects that can increase or change the power, accuracy and type of some attacks.

A: True

What is Corsola's base stat total?

A: 380

True or false: Field effects can have special characteristics that may dramatically alter a battle.

At what level does Cubchoo evolve?

A: 037

How many Pokemon can learn the attack Lava Plume?

A: 015

True or false: Field effects can be destroyed or transformed by certain attacks.

And that's pretty much the puzzle. Now, once you go onward to the west, you'll eventually come across a door being blocked by everyone's favorite rival, Fern. He'll say you're not good enough to fight Florinia, and then fight you himself.

rdCTysnm.png

swuup34m.png

charfern.png

Swag Jockey Fern would like to battle!

Items: 2 Super Potions

271MS.pngLombre (Lv. 23) Swift Swim: Fake Out, Nature Power (Tri-Attack), Fury Swipes, Absorb

496MS.pngServine (Lv. 24) Overgrow: Growth, Leaf Tornado, Leech Seed, Mega Drain

315MS.pngRoselia (Lv. 25) Natural Cure: Leech Seed, Stun Spore, Mega Drain, Poison Sting

Fern's still as easy as ever, although he does have some new trick up his sleeve. Beware of statuses like Leech Seed, paralysis, poison, etc., and Absorb/Mega Drain can be annoying.

- Anything super effective against Grass types has an easy time. Use what you want, there's a whole lot of options. I'd use Kricketune, a Fire starter, Vanillite, or something else, personally.

After you beat him, he'll say that he's going to challenge the League now because of you and leave, unlocking the west entrance of the school.

qKMsZICm.png

Now, upon entering the door, you'll find another door! It will be closed if you didn't solve the puzzle before, but since you already did, you're free to go in. Ame can always give you tips, since the computer is here, but before we do that, there's another place we can go to now that Fern's been defeated.

If you go back to the apartment in Onyx, there's the kid who was blocking you from the school due to Fern's request. He'll apologize to you, and then open up the gate to the elevator that takes you to the rooftop! Now, you can go up to the Rooftop Garden and find some wild Pokemon.

Rooftop Garden:

Morning/Day/Night: 069MS.png520MS.png519MS.png021MS.png048MS.png

There isn't any new Pokemon here. Skip.

This place is the best area for grinding if you think you're underleveled, as it has the highest leveled Pokemon. Fire types have a pretty easy time with the Grass/Bug types here. In addition, if you want to EV Train a fast physical Pokemon, this is a nice place to do so: Bellsprout, Tranquill, and Pidove give Attack EVs and Spearow gives Speed EVs - just stay away from Venonats, which are the rarest.

In addition, when it is clear, you may find a Pichu's ears sticking out of a tree. Bring it Pokesnax, and it will fight you.

omedWqN.png

172MS.png(Lv. 9)

Raichu is great and all, but there's better Electric types to get. If you decide to use a Pikachu with the Light Ball you can get later on... well, that's your decision. All I have to say before I go on a Pikachu rant.

Also, if you have beaten Fern and not yet challenged Florinia, there will be a Super Potion Vendor inside, near the Pokemon Center station in the School. You can't get them anywhere else just yet, so they might be helpful to you... if Chocolate Ice Creams didn't exist, as they heal 70 HP and only cost 600 Pokedollars, 100 less than these. You should really go back to Sweet Kiss and buy some of those Choc Ice Creams instead. The Vendor will disappear once you have beaten Florinia.

Onyx Trainer School Vendor:

Super Potion - 700

With that done, it is time to challenge Florinia, the Grass Leader, known as the Desert Rose!

aCgcycMm.png

ZIFeZT7m.png

charflorinia.png

Head Instructor Florinia would like to battle!

Field: Desert Field

556MS.pngMaractus (Lv. 22) Water Absorb: Nature Power (Sand Tomb), Pin Missile, Spikes, Needle Arm

597MS.pngFerroseed (Lv. 22) Iron Barbs, Big Root: Nature Power (Sand Tomb), Pin Missile, Sandstorm, Leech Seed

546MS.pngCottonee (Lv. 22) Prankster: Nature Power (Sand Tomb), Protect, Poison Powder, Leech Seed

331MS.pngCacnea (Lv. 23) Sand Veil, Big Root: Nature Power (Sand Tomb), Sand Attack, Pin Missile, Leech Seed

286MS.pngBreloom (Lv. 23) Poison Heal: Mega Drain, Mach Punch, Spore, Leech Seed

346MS.pngCradily (Lv. 24) Suction Cups: Recover, Smack Down, Sandstorm, Stockpile

If you couldn't guess it, Florinia revolves around Sandstorm. She uses bulky/supportive Pokemon in the Desert Field to give you loads of fun! From all of her attacks being boosted by the Field (aside from Mega Drain, Mach Punch, and Smack Down) to recovering health with Leech Seed and Recover to Spikes to boosted Sand Attacks to Stockpile, she's got it all. Not even just a Fire/Flying/Poison/Ice/Bug type can save you.

- Changing the Field is recommended to remove some buffs, probably to Misty Terrain with Mist. In addition, you can also change the weather so that Cradily and Cacnea don't get their stat buffs, probably to Sun, which lasts 8 turns and increases the damage of Fire type moves.

- Using a Fire/Flying/Ice/Bug (and maybe Poison, although beware of Sand Tomb) type can help take out some of her Pokemon. Fire for Ferroseed, and the rest don't really matter. You can use your Fire starter, Tranquill, Vanillite, Fearow, or the early game beast Kricketune.

- Getting Facade can be helpful since Florinia uses some statuses like Poison Powder and Effect Spore.

- For Cradily, which is probably the most threatening Pokemon, it's recommended to take it out before it starts spamming its three Stockpiles. Use a Fighting type like your starter or Makuhita. If you don't have one, though, make sure not to bring out anything weak to Rock. The good thing is, Cradily has no Grass type move to use, so feel free to bring out something like Klink. Poison/Burn could also work.

- Taunt is a useful move, as it doesn't allow Florinia to use her statuses.

- Toxic Spikes are amazing for this fight, as Florinia has nothing to absorb them, and they can easily wear down her Pokemon (specifically that Cradily). However, Breloom does have Poison Heal, so you shouldn't use Toxic Spikes unless you know you can easily take out that Breloom, probably with a powerful Flying type move. I'd recommend Trubbish, as if you used Toxic Spikes against Julia, Trubbish already has the move from level 4.

HqxFRd3m.png

r6X6ZJIm.png

uop7ZhHm.png

Upon winning, Florinia gives you the Canopy Badge (boosting the level cap to Level 35) and TM 96 Nature Power. She then says that she must ask a favor of you: go to Jasper and Beryl Wards, as they are suffering the same plant crisis Obsidia Ward had before. She can't go because she must stay at the Gym for other challengers, so she's leaving it to you. As the silent protagonist, you can't say no, so I guess you'll just have to go with it.

However, before we head over to Jasper, there are some things available now. Firstly, as always, new Trainers have popped up over at Opal Bridge. Secondly, some Pokemon are available:

If you head over to Obsidia Park while it's sunny, a Petilil will want some Pokesnax. Give it some, and it will join you.

tsqQ4Oo.png

548MS.png(Lv. 15)

Lilligant is amazing with Quiver Dance. Petal Dance + Own Tempo is also a very great strategy. However, the only other move options are Nature Power, Leech Seed, Giga Drain, and Hidden Power, really...

Secondly, if you go back to Snubbull Girl's house in Peridot Ward, she will see you have 2 badges and allow you to take Snubbull.

KmPEOgg.png

209MS.png(Lv. 20) Egg Moves: Heal Bell

With Intimidate + Charm, Granbull is great for physical attackers, especially when paired up with something that can burn opponents. In addition, Granbull gets moves like Play Rough and Close Combat, which are pretty strong with its high Attack. If only it had a better Speed...

And there's that. Just east of the Snubbull Girl's house is the entrance to Jasper Ward...

yGh3x0.png

Part 7

Before we start...

Firstly, sorry for the hold up on all of these parts! Redemption League and school work have been making me procrastinate on this, so I probably am not the best person to do something that takes so long, but oh well. Sorry for those who are playing along with this Guide, since you're probably way ahead of it.

Secondly, happy Martin Luther King Jr. Day to any Americans out there, like me~

Thirdly, do you all remember the most recent Guide, Sophia's? Well, somebody decided to continue it, but in a more simplistic manner for those of you who don't care about enemies' movesets or Pokemon you can get. Part 1 on it, on Spinel Town, has already been released, so you should go check on Despair Syndrome's Guide!

or else you're going to have a bad time...

Episode 3: "Domino"

Jasper Ward

We are heading off for Jasper Ward now! The guard there will recognize you as the one who helped out in Obsidia, and he'll let you pass through.

9fBYlm5m.png

Jasper Ward is, like Obsidia, attacked by plants, and Cut is needed for getting around in some areas. Unlike Obsidia, however, there are wild Pokemon on the streets and in the buildings, which makes this place annoying to get through. Repels come in handy here~

Jasper Ward:

Encounters: 540MS.png015MS.png664MS.png016MS.png455MS.png017MS.png

Beedrill is okay for a little bit with its great Attack, but it's going to be severely outclassed very soon.

Sewaddle is a nice Pokemon because it can potentially have Sticky Web, and when it evolves, it gets a nice Attack with great STAB moves like X-Scissor and Leaf Blade.

Scatterbug is one of the best Bug types you'll find for now, as Compound Eyes + Sleep Powder + Quiver Dance + Hurricane combination is absolutely destructive. However, it doesn't get Quiver Dance and Hurricane for a while, but Sleep Powder is always a great move.

Carnivine is meh - it has good offensive stats, and some moves like Vine Whip and Feint Attack (for now) or Power Whip and Crunch (in the future), but that's really all it gets. Its speed is also terrible. You could use it for now, but I'd use a different Grass type like Sewaddle.

Jasper is decent for EV Training in Defense, as Sewaddle and Scatterbug, two of the most common Pokemon here, give Defense EVs. Just avoid everything besides those two.

Anyway, the first place you want to go to is the Police Station. Inside, the Police Chief will talk about how his Police Officers are going missing, when another Police Officer will come in, recognize you as the person who helped Obsidia, and wonders if you're willing to help Jasper, too. The Police Chief will then ask you to find his 5 Officers in exchange for the ability to roam Jasper and Beryl Wards.

9Asstffm.png

The Police Officer who recognized you will be able to tell you that 2 of the Officers are in Jasper, and 3 are in Beryl. This side quest is one you might want to do, as the reward is very useful, and it even affects the story if you do it before a certain plot event happens. In case there's a split ending based on all the choices you made (as some people have been talking about), I highly recommend doing this quest when you can, since this is most likely the one to give you a "correct ending". Usually, the choices that give the most information on characters or seem like the heroic choice would be the correct ones.

Anyway, now to explore the whole city~

Firstly, there's some optional fights if you want some more experience:

The Police Officer next to the building will fight you only at night, just like the Police Officers in the real games. Don't be scared if he suddenly fights you.

Going west, you'll find that the way is blocked by trees, although there's a Trainer there that you might not see. Surprise, surprise, it's Team Meteor again.

ECuQkrBm.png

XGqE1tTm.png

After all that, the right way to go is the building all the way to the east, since the east side is also blocked by trees. You'll find some Trainers there, and if you go out the northern exit, there's a Pokemon Center here, thank goodness.

xidRbSAm.png

In the building to the right of here, a man will be running around looking for his Mareep. You can't do anything about this just yet, though, since the whole eastern side is blocked by vines. The western side is blocked off by a crack, so that just leaves south of the Pokemon Center.

If you cut down the tree south of the Pokemon Center, on when it's a windy night or a clear day (after it was windy), an Emolga will be sleeping. Any time else, it will be hopping from building to building. If you wake it up, it will attack you.

7au83ztytj9p1hwzg.jpg

587MS.png(Lv.25)

Emolga is a great Pokemon. It gets Nuzzle + Electro Ball, which is a great strategy since Paralysis lowers Speed and Emolga has an amazing Speed already, Acrobatics, Charge Beam, etc. Those mediocre offensive and defensive stats don't really matter, as Paralyzing stuff is one of Emolga's best things to do.

Going back to the building we entered to get here, if you go west, you'll enter another building with a few more Team Meteor Grunts and will eventually come across the entrance to Malchous Forest, where this whole thing started.

Malchous Forest

This area is completely overgrown, with vines and rubble everywhere. Apparently, it used to be a beautiful forest...

d6MF74Km.png

The Forest is sort of a maze, and there are plenty of Cut trees around. As the name suggests, the Field in here is the Forest Field.There's also some different encounters here from Jasper Ward!

Malchous Forest:

Morning:540MS.png015MS.png664MS.png165MS.png016MS.png511MS.png

Day:015MS.png016MS.png540MS.png664MS.png043MS.png069MS.png511MS.png455MS.png

Night:046MS.png664MS.png167MS.png163MS.png511MS.png455MS.png

There are only two new Pokemon here, and only one is worth mentioning, in my opinion. Pansage is meh. It's pretty much like its two siblings, but you replace the Fire/Water moves with Grass moves in their movesets.

Paras is a cool Pokemon because of Spore. I guess it also has Giga Drain, X-Scissor, Aromatherapy, and Effect Spore, too, but Parasect is a nice Pokemon for catching things once we get the False Swipe TM.

Anyway, if you head north, you'll find a fork in the road. If you take a right and exit the forest, there are two buildings you can enter, the place west of the Pokemon Center. The first building has an elevator that's broken, so there's nothing to do there for now.

In the building to the left, there's a Team Meteor Grunt cornering a Police Officer, the first we can get to! You can fight the Grunt (who has stolen the Officer's Growlithe too), and then the Officer will head back to the Station.

mMcTVRCm.png

This isn't the correct way to go in terms of story progression, though, so go back to that fork in the road and head left this time. You'll be on a path with a whole bunch of Team Meteor Grunts and Cut trees, and eventually you'll come to a ledge with a Light Shard nearby. Heal up once you see it, because there's a Team Meteor boss fight coming up!

k3hkD27m.png

orJciaKm.png

After you step off the ledge, you'll see another PULSE, with a man named Taka controlling it. He is the second Admin of Team Meteor, although a reluctant one at it. He has orders to fight you, unfortunately.

483gJ0am.png

ee7YquUm.png

3Fr5duim.png

UC8NYnYm.png

chartaka.png

Meteor Admin Taka would like to battle!

Items: 1 Super Potion

Field: Forest Field

345MS.pngLileep (Lv. 24) Storm Drain: Constrict, Acid, Ingrain, Confuse Ray

441MS.pngChatot (Lv. 26) Keen Eye: Sing, Nasty Plot, Chatter, Taunt

465MS.pngPULSE Tangrowth (Lv. 25) Filter, Pulsehold: Growth, Vine Whip, Acid Spray, Mega Drain

The PULSE Tangrowth may have given you trouble when you fought ZEL before, but Taka's is at the same level as before, so it shouldn't be as hard. The true threat, according to most people, is Chatot. Chatter always confuses, and Nasty Plot usually means Chatot can sweep. Taka's team is really filled with annoying things, with Confuse Ray, Chatter, and Sing, as well as Acid Spray, Ingrain, and Mega Drain being very irritating.

- Lileep is normally no problem, since it can't do too much damage to you, but it does take hits very well. Unlike Florinia's Cradily, however, Lileep is less bulky, and Fighting types like Hariyama will probably be able to handle it.

- Paralyzing Chatot really ends its ability to destroy your team, if you can manage to get it off. Its defenses are fairly low, too, so once its Paralyzed and its Speed has therefore been dropped, a STAB move or Super Effective move should be able to OHKO/2HKO it. Emolga is probably the best Pokemon up to the task.

- Tangrowth is the same as ever, but now some of its moves are boosted by the Forest Field. You can reuse the strategy you did last time against Tangrowth: Status it, spam Super Effective moves (remember it's Grass/Poison now). Kricketune is still the amazing Pokemon it is against the Tangrowth, but you can also use things like Munna, Spoink, Vanillite, Litleo, Fearow, Pidgeotto, etc.

- Changing the Field also may help lower the amount of damage Tangrowth does.

gIVyMyNm.png

ScOYThzm.png

oBMS0vVm.png

After fighting him, he'll leave and the vines will start to disappear again. However, before you can react, a fairly rude pink haired girl is annoyed since you already beat up all the villains she wanted to fight and complains that her dad won't let her beat up bad guys. (*cough* spoiled brat *cough*) She says she'll be heading off to Beryl Ward next to destroy the PULSE there and that you better not get in her way. and takes off on her SALAMENCE. How does she even???

ZeRTjFOm.png

IZO2wu4m.png

kphXkSKm.png

Oh well. There's a Big Root and a Revive you can get by going a different path through Malchous Forest, by the way, so you might want to pick those up.

p6pyA1r.png

tumblr_o6o84e1Gxl1v7otxto1_540.png

Also, before you head back to Jasper, remember that building with the elevator that broke? If you go back to it, the elevator now works properly, You can head up, where a girl is thinking about how to escape when she realizes that you came in from the elevator. She says thanks for saving her and to go to her friend's house in Peridot for a reward. She'll give you your second Department Sticker!

https://youtu.be/vHzjDEaGgn8?t=46

P.S. Thanks to Lostelle for making these videos~

So, with this sticker, if you go back to the Department Store, you can access Floor 3.

Department Store, Floor 3: Niche Items I and Prolonging Items:

Sticky Barb - 600

Lagging Tail - 200
Iron Ball
Binding Band
Float Stone
Eject Button
Red Card
Ring Target
Metronome

Heat Rock
- $200
Icy Rock

Smooth Rock - 200
Damp Rock
Grip Claw
Light Clay
Everstone
-
$200

In my opinion, there isn't too much worth it, especially most of the prolonging items, which can be obtainable very soon through mining (Grip Claw is the only one that isn't). Metronome can be useful if you want to spam a certain move over and over (Kricketune's Fury Cutter, maybe?), and Iron Ball might be an Item you want to look into once the Trick Room TM is available.

Next up, since the vines are gone now, there was a Police Officer that was blocked from us toward the east of the Pokemon Center. He'll go back to the Police Station once you talk to him, and that's the two Officers in Jasper! There's also a free Paralyz Heal but that's kinda meh.

wLP6Werm.png

R8rJ6j9m.png

And finally, remember that man who was talking about his missing Mareep? Well, you can enter the only building over to the east, and you'll find the crazed Mareep. Calm it down with some Pokesnax, and it will join you! The man who this belongs to will be gone, so you can't return it or anything, but that's okay since Mareep is a great Electric type you can use!

vTm7GtIm.png

179MS.png(Lv. 10) Egg Moves: Electric Terrain

Mareep is a great Pokemon when it becomes Ampharos. It may be slow, but it's pretty bulky and can deal damage, using moves like Discharge and stranger ones like Power Gem and Signal Beam. It also has the chance of getting Electric Terrain, which can help change Fields.

Anyway, that's it for Jasper Ward. Next up, the final place attacked by Team Meteor's plant infestation is Beryl Ward...

1cqQ9owm.png

Part 8

Beryl Ward

Beryl Ward is in the same situation as Jasper, with overgrowing vines and wild Pokemon on the streets. Before this all happened, it used to be one of two parts of the city where classy people used to live in... You can find the following here:

Beryl Ward:

Encounters:511.png017.png021.png069.png540.png664.png043.png

Everything here has already been covered, so skip.

If you go east, crossing Beryl Bridge (which is actually really long, rip), you'll find a power plant / Gym, but it's unfortunately locked. There's also a cave here, but there is a Rock Smash rock blocking it, so there's nothing to do here. Guess you'll just have to backtrack back while enjoying the "beautiful" scenery of the Tourmaline Desert.

Anyway, the path north is blocked off by vines and cracks and whatnot, so just head west. There's a random house with a X Attack if you ever want to use it (I personally just sell these battle items).

5I9fySMm.png

After that, into the Rhodochrine Jungle!

Rhodochrine Jungle

This place is very similar to Malchous Forest, overgrown. There's some caves here, though, so that's something, I guess.

ebP6g17m.png

Yes, you do actually have to fall for this deviously hidden trap.

ZnGWglym.png

MlM2EZEm.png

You'll end up in a cage, where a Nuzleaf that has a lot of time in his hands has created. And this cage must be made of electrified steel or something, because you can't cut it down, burn it down, or even climb out of it (there's literally a hole in the center???). But don't worry, your knight in shining armor will come soon! Wait a few minutes, and...

BumQCMxm.png

...crap.

He'll leave to laugh at you, and then talk about how Nuzleafs are very clever to be able to create traps to keep intruders out (or in). He'll offer to let you out...

D1poDbRm.png

If you agree, he'll make you talk about how great he is. If you don't (which I'd recommend), he'll leave you to die of starvation / thirst. Rude.

Anyway, as tedious as it may seem, you'll just have to keep waiting, until...

TZpgXilm.png

A little birdie comes to save you! Don't think that this is your hero, though. Remember which character has a Chatot? Taka, of Team Meteor. And most of you probably know how annoying his Chatot is.

Anyway, you're free to explore this jungle. As always, here are the encounters:

Rhodochrine Jungle:

Morning:540.png166.png664.png021.png165.png511.png

Day:021.png511.png044.png069.png540.png664.png114.png

Night:163.png046.png168.png114.png167.png

Headbutt:204.png412.png190.png

Tangela gets Regenerator, a great Ability, as well as Knock Off, Ancient Power, Stun Spore, and other cool moves. Seems decent enough, but you have to watch out for Special moves, as its Special Defense isn't very great, and Ancient Power is still quite a few levels away.

Aipom/Ambipom doesn't get many of its good coverage moves, which is bad. I guess there's Fake Out + Last Resort or a less competitive special set, as it gets Nasty Plot and Swift by level up, as well as access to Hidden Power, Water Pulse, and Shock Wave as of the available E15 TMs and Tutors.

Now, there is a way to Beryl Ward, but...

CxTjhPym.png

You'll have to find the three magic levers first. Luckily (for me because this means less work), Lostelle has made a video on where all of them are (although if you completely explore this place, it should be pretty easy to find them all).

In the caves, you can find some encounters:

Rhodochrine Cavern:

Encounters:714.png664.png659.png

Dark Spots:714.png527.png

Bunnelby is the only new encounter, but it's absolutely amazing. Huge Power is a great Ability, and Bunnelby will be able to get some great moves, most notably, Earthquake. While rare, this is a menace in game.

EV Training in Speed is nice here if you just walk into dark spots, as they have a 100% of giving Pokemon that give Speed EVs.

Also, in the cave to the left, there is a Police Officer who was also trapped by the Nuzleafs. That's a little... shameful, since he wasn't forced to fall into a pit due to plot progression, but whatever. Free him, and he can go back to the Police Station.

kX4c28em.png

PaVhPW1m.png

Also, you can find a Mansion over here. There's a healer (usable only before fighting the PULSE), an Ill Fated Doll (used in Pokemon events), a second floor where you can see what all the Field Effects do, and most importantly, another Police Officer. Or should I say, former Police Officer, because, um, he sorta fell in a hole in the mansion and died...

Ky5AF7lm.png

6QvYAqrm.png

Ipo2HJLm.png

V4kozHom.png

KjXCEvRm.png

The Ill Fated Doll is the Item in the last picture.

With all that done, you can now go east of the trap, and there will be a building all the way to the right. Go in, fight the Meteor Grunt, and save the final Police Officer.

G8knfhrm.png

With that done, you can head back to the Chief, having found all 5 Officers. He will accept you as an Honorary Police Officer and give you the dead Officer's Growlithe!

uP9IJJrm.png

WzAKdLym.png

058MS.png (Lv. 20) Egg Moves: Close Combat, Morning Sun

Growlithe is an amazing Fire type, and it gets access to great moves like Close Combat, Extreme Speed, Outrage, Crunch, Heat Wave, Flare Blitz, and Thunder Wave. Fire Stones are obtainable fairly soon, as well! The only downside of Growlithe is that being a Stone Evolution, you're stuck with it for a while if you want to get some of its better moves. Definitely consider it for a Fire type, if you ever need one.

However, one of the Officers wants a Growlithe Egg, as his friend, another Officer, got his Growlithe stolen. What you want to do is make sure your Growlithe is female and put it in the Day Care with another Pokemon of the Field Egg Group. Run around till you the Day Care Man gives you the Egg, and take it to the Police Station without hatching it. The Officer will trade you a Mystery Egg for it, which can hatch into 18 amazing different Pokemon, at least one of each type.. Thing is, you can't soft reset (unless you're willing to start a new save file over and over), so just cross your fingers. The Pokemon you can get, in alphabetical order, are Axew, Azurill, Cottonee, Drilbur, Elekid, Frillish, Larvesta, Pawniard, Phantump, Rhyhorn, Shroomish, Sneasel, Starly, Staryu, Tentacool, Togepi, Vullaby, or Vulpix.

If you're doing a Monotype/Monogen run and get a Pokemon not of your type/generation, you are allowed to request it be changed in the Request-A-Mon Thread (I suppose you can also change the Drowzee/Ducklett and Cacnea/Seel Eggs and the Zigzagoon/Pachirisu and the Wingull/Panpour Events too.) If you'd like a guaranteed Azurill, revert to E14 and accept the Egg, as in E14, the Egg was always Azurill.

mnpwhQUm.png
cOGG7OAm.png

EggMS.png610.png298.png546.png529.png239.png592.png636.png624.png708.png111.png285.png215.png396.png120.png072.png175.png629.pngOR037.png

I mean, all of these Pokemon are great, otherwise why would they be in the Mystery Egg? Most of them are UU or OU competitively, and they all either have high stats, great abilities, and/or an amazing movepool. Some of these Pokemon are obtainable at another point in game, but they are all very late, still.

Now, the only thing left is to continue south, fight the remaining Grunt, and use the Light Shard. As always, remember to save, and enter the clearing with the PULSE. ZEL, Taka, and a hooded figure will be waiting for you. ZEL and Taka will fight you with the PULSE Tangrowth, while the anonymous person fights Heather.

VPkV3s7m.png
2deEBK6m.png

chartaka.pngcharzel.png

Meteor Admin Taka and Meteor Admin ZEL would like to battle!

Format: Doubles

345MS.pngLileep (Lv. 24) Storm Drain: Constrict, Acid, Ingrain, Confuse Ray

465MS.pngPULSE Tangrowth (Lv. 25) Filter, Pulsehold: Growth, Vine Whip, Acid Spray, Mega Drain

441MS.pngChatot (Lv. 26) Keen Eye: Sing, Nasty Plot, Chatter, Taunt

471.pngGlaceon (Lv. 25) Snow Cloak, Never-Melt Ice: Ice Fang, Icy Wind, Quick Attack, Bite

196.pngEspeon (Lv. 25) Synchronize, Twisted Spoon: Swift, Psybeam, Quick Attack, Future Sight

197.pngUmbreon (Lv. 25) Synchronize: Sand Attack, Feint Attack, Quick Attack, Confuse Ray

This fight is one of the hardest yet, as two people are teaming against you. Taka will send out Lileep first, while ZEL will send out Glaceon. Almost everything is a threat, really, besides that Lileep which is a minor annoyance.

- The best strategy, in my opinion, is to target all of ZEL's Eeveelutions first. Lileep can't really do much, so by taking out ZEL first, you'll be able to have your Pokemon go 2v1 each of Taka's.

- Brute force really works well. Notable Pokemon are Hariyama and Kricketune, as Hariyama gets Vital Throw or Force Palm against Glaceon, Umbreon, and Lileep, as well as Knock Off for Espeon. Kricketune's Fury Cutter is, as always, amazing.

- After ZEL is down, just use the same strategy you used against Taka before, as his team has completely stayed the same.

After the fight, Taka and ZEL will escape, leaving the hooded figure alone.

KB9YNWum.png
IYiMa1Xm.png

Now, this is where the story splits! If you did NOT save the Police Officers, the hooded figure will simply escape and Heather will be disappointed. She'll then ask you to beat up her dad, the Gym Leader, in a battle, and talk about how she wants to run away.

O1vqQoQm.png

EWfmUUOm.png

However, if you DID save the Officers (which, again, is probably the "right" choice)...

The masked figure will try to escape north, but the Police have cut his way off. (Glad to see them actually doing their job again!) They will reveal his identity as Corey, the Poison type Gym Leader of Beryl Ward, and more importantly, Heather's father! Heather will fly away on her Salamence feeling betrayed, and the Police are perplexed why a Gym Leader would be in a villainous team like Team Meteor. However, Corey will be able to make his escape, and the Police Officers follow after him.

If you don't ever save all 5 Officers, you'll never find out that Corey is part of Team Meteor, as far as I know, so far.

Well, with that, the only thing is left to do is go into Beryl and fight the Gym Leader...

short part I know sorry :C

also the Pokemon icons might look different because this time they're not from Bulbapedia, just a head's up

Part 9

What? A new part already? It hasn't even been a month yet! What's more, it's only been a day!

I had nothing to do while waiting for Redemption League to get on, so...

WARNING: If you have trigger warnings related to depression or suicide, you may want to stop here. Toward the ending of this part, it isn't very pretty.

We can finally explore the more inhabited part of Beryl, which is in somewhat better shape than Jasper. There's a Pokemon Center and a Pokemart here...

12744665_10205915646758558_2201301754410

Beryl Pokemart:
Super Potion - 700
Antidote - 100
Awakening - 250
Parlyz Heal - 200
Burn Heal - 250
Escape Rope - 550
Super Repel - 500
Poke Ball - 200

The only new Item here is Super Repels, which I'd recommend stocking up on, as they make regular Repels kinda obsolete.

And there's a new event Pokemon. If you talk to the man in the picture below, he will talk about alms. After that, the only apartment building in Beryl will let you take the elevator up. When it's sunny, you may find Helioptile.

mEwactmm.png

694.png(Lv. 20)
Helioptile isn't a bad Pokemon, with access to Thunderbolt, Volt Switch, and Thunder Wave by level up. Only downside is that you have to be stuck with Helioptile for a while to get those moves. Heliolisk is definitely great though, with a high Special Attack and Speed, as well as Abilities that help it in Rain, Sun, OR Sand.

Also, next to the alms man, there is also a Pokesnax Vendor, and like Peridot's, it's a rip off. Obsidia's Department Store sells Pokesnax for less, but if you don't want to backtrack all the way yet, he's there whenever it's clear.

Finally, right west of the Gym, there's a cemetery with pumpkins, graves, and grass, where you can find wild Pokemon. The Field here is the Mountain Field.

Beryl Cemetery:
Morning:022MS.png021MS.png023MS.png231MS.png024MS.png084MS.png659MS.png
Day:084MS.png022MS.png023MS.png231MS.png024MS.png659MS.png
Night:052MS.png164MS.png023MS.png163MS.png024MS.png
Headbutt:204MS.png412MS.png190MS.png
Phanpy is a great Pokemon, as it gets the useful Pickup, which will later become a great Ability in Sturdy. In addition, as a Donphan, it can get some nice moves like Knock Off, Earthquake, and Fire and Thunder Fang from relearning.

There's a specific gravestone that you can interact with at night. A Shuppet will attack you, giving you the chance to catch it. Remember not to kill it.

crQZCvKm.png

353.png(Lv. 20)
Shuppet is the first Ghost type available yet! It has a fairly usable Attack, plus cool moves like Will-o-Wisp and Shadow Sneak, but won't evolve for a while, and is a little bad until then.

That's the last of everything available in Beryl Ward. Now, all that can be done is to fight the Gym Leader.

If you did not save the Police Officers, it's just a matter of interacting with all the pillars in Corey's Gym and turning them red. A door will open up in the back of the pillars area, and you will find Corey's room. He will say that he did not want to be disturbed, but will grant you your request of a Gym battle in his Arena.

If you saved the Officers, the Chief will be waiting for you, saying that while they were investigating, Corey turned on a poisonous gas. The officers are being mind controlled and will fight you if they see you. Still, just turn the pillars red to open up Corey's room, who will be angry at you and fight you in the Gym Arena.

To turn the pillars red, simply watch Lostelle's video:

7FqE2kom.png

Just go to the room upstairs after that in order to fight Corey.

2qWoKIim.png8AjylQ.png

Corey has two different teams depending on if you found the Officers or not, and he also has two different Fields.

charcorey.png

Agent Corey would like to battle!

If you did not save the Officers:

Field: Corrosive Field

690.pngSkrelp (Lv. 26) Adaptability, Focus Sash: Acid, Toxic Spikes, Water Pulse, Venom Drench

088.pngGrimer (Lv. 27) Poison Touch, Black Sludge: Disable, Acid Spray, Acid Armor, Mud Bomb

030.pngNidorina (Lv. 28) Hustle: Double Kick, Venom Drench, Bite, Disable

453.pngCroagunk (Lv. 28) Dry Skin, Black Glasses: Sucker Punch, Drain Punch, Venoshock, Mud Bomb

435.pngSkuntank (Lv. 28) Aftermath: Pursuit, Incinerate, Smokescreen, Acid Spray

169.pngCrobat (Lv. 30) Infiltrator: Venom Drench, Venoshock, Air Cutter, Roost

Corey's Field discourages switching, and his team is fairly strong. It even counters Psychic types with Pursuit/Sucker Punch and Ground types with Water Pulse on Skrelp. Plus, Skrelp has a Focus Sash so it has a better chance to get Toxic Spikes up.

- Psychic and Ground types are the way to go with this battle. Heart Stamp Swoobat, Psyshock Meowstic, and Magnitude Donphan all can really hurt Corey's team if you get rid of anything that might counter them.

- Poison types and floating / flying Pokemon are immune to the switching damage, and Poison types can bulk a few hits, as well. You may want to use Koffing, Trubbish, etc.

- Paralyzing Crobat really hampers it. I like to use Emolga with Nuzzle and Electro Ball. Afterwards, you can easily wear it down with super effective and/or STAB moves.

- Sleep Powder and Stun Spore have 100% accuracy, so you might want to try using those moves to prevent Corey's Pokemon from attacking or setting up Toxic Spikes.

- Keen Eye Pokemon don't get their accuracy lowered by Smokescreen, and in my opinion, the strongest one is Fearow.

If you saved the Officers:

Field: Corrosive Mist Field

690.pngSkrelp (Lv. 26) Adaptability, Focus Sash: Acid, Bubble, Smokescreen, Venom Drench

088.pngGrimer (Lv. 27) Poison Touch: Disable, Acid Spray, Acid Armor, Mud Bomb

030.pngNidorina (Lv. 28) Hustle: Double Kick, Venom Drench, Bite, Disable

453.pngCroagunk (Lv. 28) Dry Skin: Sucker Punch, Drain Punch, Venoshock, Mud Bomb

435.pngSkuntank (Lv. 28) Aftermath: Pursuit, Incinerate, Smokescreen, Acid Spray

169.pngCrobat (Lv. 30) Infiltrator: Venom Drench, Venoshock, Air Cutter, Nasty Plot

This team is fairly similar to Corey's old team, but a little easier to deal with (aside the fact that Crobat can now set up with Nasty Plot). The Field, however, makes this battle challenging, as it poisons your Pokemon every turn (which also boosts Venoshock).

- Getting rid of that field immediately helps a lot. Use something that sets a new Field (i.e. Pelipper with Mist) or something that gets rid of the Field (i.e. Noctowl with Gust or Numel with Lava Plume). If you don't particularly care about losing Pokemon, Flame Burst is a nifty way to get rid of the Field and KO all Pokemon out (maybe that Crobat?).

- Or you could utilize the Field to your advantage by using Guts Makuhita or something with Facade.

- Psychic types and Ground types are great for this battle, like in the Corrosive Field battle. I recommend Heart Stamp Swoobat, Psyshock Meowstic, or Magnitude Donphan.

- Poison types are also nice, being immune to the Field's poison, while resisting most of Corey's Pokemon's STABs.

- Paralyze that Crobat, and it won't be as big of a threat. I personally like to use Nuzzle Emolga with Electro Ball to beat it.

- You can also use a Steel type against Crobat, as since Air Cutter becomes part Poison, Crobat can't really touch it. Charge Beam Klink could be a good Pokemon against it.

If you did not save the Police, before Corey will give you the badge, Heather barges in and says she's leaving for good. Corey tells you to visit Beryl Bridge.

If you saved the Officers, before Corey will give you the badge, an idea strikes him. He tells you to visit Beryl Bridge.

Fun fact, some of the citizens of Beryl acknowledge that Heather/Corey left and wonder what's happening.

ZBtw5HZm.pngjwJi5O.png

You can go do anything you want to do before going to Beryl Bridge, like healing up. If you saved the Police, the Chief will say they'll let you go on ahead.

Pak7aecm.png

Once there, he frees his Pokemon and tells you his story...

If you didn't save the Officers, all he says is the reason why he treated Heather so badly was because he was weak. His wife died giving birth, and he learned how cruel life truly was. He tells you to look after Heather, as she has her mother's Ruby Ring, which she will be hunted for.

If you saved the Officers...

Corey tells you the reason why he joined Team Meteor was because his wife was murdered by a Team Meteor member posing as a doctor during her pregnancy, just for her Ruby Ring. In order to keep the Ring, he joined Team Meteor. He tells you to protect Heather from Team Meteor, as they will be after her for the Ruby Ring.

And...

aixhby3m.png

28jbLdBm.png

diRGp5pm.png

He jumps.*

bKp5QDpm.png

And Fern has the nerve to call him a moron right after he COMMITTED SUICIDE, proving he doesn't have a heart. And he calls his sister a robot. I mean, he tries to justifies it by saying he didn't know him, but there's something called sympathy???

He mentions that you never got the Badge, and that if you really wanted, you might be able to find his body in Lapis Ward, where it fell.

gmKF25cm.png

Fortunately, the game won't allow you to kill Fern. There is suddenly an explosion, coming from the Grand Stairway of North Obsidia Ward, where is the next place to go.

*Side note: All monotype Trainers in Reborn (Gym Leaders, Rivals, some characters from Team Meteor, and some miscellaneous characters) were originally real people in the old Reborn Online League. Corey did indeed commit suicide, so this part of Reborn isn't really try-hard edgy, as some may claim. Many other events in game were inspired by the stuff that truly happened in real life.

I was going to continue this part with the post-Corey events in Beryl but that ending sorta depressed me a littlle so I guess I'll include that in the the next part

Part 10

There are a few things left in Beryl, now that Corey has been defeated. Firstly, if you go back to Corey's secret room, there will be a Silver Ring there. This will be used for some Pokemon events, so I recommend you don't sell it.

3HxWUA.png

If you go back to the mansion in Beryl Ward, you'll notice a Gothitelle on the first floor, where the healer used to be. She will ask you to clean up the mansion (not the rooms to the side or the Field Effects floor, though) so it is suitable for her two Gothitas, so just interact with or step on and interact with the books, dirty spots, papers, etc. Remember to also check on top of the bookshelves and tables! Gothitelle will tell you how you're doing. As a reward, she will give you a Soul Candle, a new Reborn Item used in some Pokemon events.

bKRgNjlm.png
3eSeNLfm.png
jUX1Qvem.png

You also can talk to the second of her roaming children, and the Gothita will want to join your team. After it joins your team, if you talk to Gothitelle, she will say you can take her.

k28l4WIm.png
3dPkwX1m.png

574.png(Lv. 25) Egg Moves: Mirror Coat, ?
Gothita / Gothorita / Gothitelle isn't as useful as it is competitively, as Shadow Tag isn't that great seeing that the AI rarely switches (although you could switch it in after using Perish Song?). It has some nice bulk and a decent Special Attack, although it doesn't get too many moves from level up to use it with. If you're looking for a bulky Psychic type, you could use this, but if you want a Psychic type special sweeper, I'd use Meowstic F for the time being.

Also, one of the rooms that was blocked off by trees is now opened up. If you go in, you can find a Twisted Spoon.

2lvcxp1.jpg

You can use the Soul Candle Gothitelle gave you immediately, as if you take it to Beryl Graveyard at night and interact with one of the pumpkins, a Pumpkaboo will attack you. The candle will be used up after.

331a2abfdd6d4bbe8667d13df26044d9.png

710.png(Lv. 29)
Pumpkaboo can evolve right after the next Gym and can become a very nice wall. It can do some decent damage, too, since its Attack isn't bad at all! One problem it has, though, is the lack of Will-o-Wisp, as the TM isn't available just yet. Still, it's a very nice Pokemon I personally like to use.

Finally, as a reminder, since this was stated in the first part, if you go back to Grand Hall, you can now fight rebattleable Trainers in the upper right hand corner! These Trainers will get harder the more badges you have, so you'll be able to get more experience this way. Come here to grind for money and experience, if you need to!

That's all that can be done as of right now, so it's time to head off to the Grand Stairway.

Episode 4: "Aftershocks"

Again, since Corey didn't give us the Badge, there won't be any new Trainers on Opal Bridge, except for the ones that are on the north section. After fighting (or skipping) them, you'll enter a new part of Reborn City...

North Obsidia Ward

North Obsidia is the last part of Obsidia Ward, separated from the other parts of Obsidia by the earthquake cracks. In the center is the Grand Stairway. A huge hole is in the middle of it, caused from the explosion heard from Beryl Bridge. The police are already investigating.

YBrtCK.png

Past the staircase is a pair of large doors, similar looking to the ones of the Grand Hall. Unfortunately, they're closed, so going past them isn't an option yet.

1kyLTU.png

Anyway, there's a very fancy place with a unique NPC sprite nearby, to the right. If you talk to him, he will introduce himself as DJ Arclight, or Arc, the person in charge of the music of Reborn's Nightclub, a place for only Ace Trainers. He says the best way to get in is by beating the Reborn League, and then he'll leave because his break is over.

isL2L3qm.png

tggWeLkm.png

The apartments to the right are filled with old men who can give you some interesting trivia on each of the Reborn Region's areas.

cQs0Wxtm.png

jiN96R6m.png

Nearby is a rock with a hidden Ability Capsule on it.

nDvCh6.png

There's also an Alley in North Obsidia.

JcAG14.png

This is the Magma Gang's turf. In Reborn, there are two feuding gangs: Magma and Aqua (which is in Lapis). Choosing a gang will get you different rewards, but if you ask me, the gang you want to pick is Aqua - the only advantage of picking Magma is Buizel, while in Aqua, you can get the Magma second mission's award much faster than if you pick Magma and try to get the Aqua second mission's award. You'll have to find the Aqua Gang before you can choose a gang and start any missions, though.

RssOao.png

You can find some wild Pokemon here, though. It might be a bit hard to run around, but they're there.

North Obsidia Alley:

Encounters: 261MS.png434MS.png568MS.png677MS.png262.png

There isn't anything new here, although you can finally catch wild Espurr and Mightyena rather than doing the Espurr event and evolving a Poochyena.

To the southwest are more apartments. The one shown in the spoiler below has the Name Deleter. There's not that many reasons to use him, since HMs have been replaced by TMXs, which can be replaced with other moves at any time. However, you might want to use him for breeding moves, as the move you want to breed may be forgotten, or you might want to use a strategy like Fake Out + Last Resort Ambipom.

af4f398c06514c88814c299c8d6739b8.png

The one to the left has a gentleman looking for a Sunkern, which you can only get by breeding a Sunflora from Obsidia Park with another Pokemon from the Grass Egg Group. He will give you a Mime Jr. in return.

tbdxpnIm.png

439.png(Level of Sunkern)

Mime Jr. is a decent Pokemon. When it evolves, it has a nice Special Attack, Special Defense, and Speed, as well as some cool moves from level up like Light Screen and Reflect. Unfortunately, its HP and Defense are fairly low, and it doesn't get a Fairy move besides Dazzling Gleam, which is an unavailable TM... It can be useful for early to mid game, though.

And that's pretty much it for North Obsidia Ward. The only thing to do now is go west of the Grand Stairway, to Lapis Ward, where Corey's body fell...

Part 11

LV1GbA.png

Lapis Ward

Lapis Ward is for the richest residents of Reborn City, but it also has a fairly high gang crime rate. In this part of the city, there are a few Trainers who will fight you in panic because Corey's body fell here and a bomb exploded just to the east. There's a battle going on, so one of the streets is blocked, forcing you to talk to this new character who is also blocking the way. She's in front of a building called Dr. Connal's Orphanage and Psychiatric Treatment Center, where children are told to stay away from...

Jls6PL2m.png

OD0L8bQm.png

0ktoWLmm.png

If you head up a bit north, after beating a few more of those Trainers, you'll find a crowd around Corey's dead body. Victoria will be there, along with a familiar face, if you have done the Kricketot event. Shelly, the Bug Gym Leader, is there, as well.

5auLwC5m.png

xggHkA5m.png

97FF5CBm.png

Some more familiar faces arrive. Aster and Eclipse come to check on the dead body. They will mention that they blew up the Grand Stairway and are looking for something underneath it.

IokecOzm.png

38sBRhZm.png

ZtoSti8m.png

OhyBlKym.png

GQBtvvfm.png

After they leave, someone new will appear...

NaZKTG0m.png

Shelly will recognize him as Shade, and Victoria tries to remember who that is.

Vr6W3Sfm.png

bbYHj1Qm.png

TKhnWc2m.png

Victoria and Shelly will decide to go into the Gym, and the crowd will disappear.

uMHYOyXm.png

ukpeFUKm.png

Following them is the next step plot-wise, but Lapis Ward has quite a few things to do. Firstly, there's a couple of places of interest, like the Pokemon Center, as always.

V8AtLxIm.png

Also, there's the Lapis Bicycle Luxury! However, the Bikes are way too expensive to buy (the price goes over the money level cap... >>). However, you'll be able to get a Bike very soon.

V7ovo4Pm.png

There's a shop named Sweet Scent, which sells Berries and other flowery related items.

xTR4WAam.png

Sweet Scent:

Honey - 1000

Oran Berry - 200

Rose Incense - 9600

Floral Charm* - 1500

Sachet - 1000

Pokesnax - 400

*Floral Charm is another Reborn-exclusive item used for some Pokemon/Item events. I recommend getting two of these, as there are two events that use it.

Also, this lady in the shop will give you a Wailmer Pail, although there won't be any berry patches for a while...

ZyeNj8.png

And lastly in this shop, the woman at the back counter will let you do a Spritzee tile puzzle, similar to the Swirlix one in Sweet Kiss. As your reward, you will get a free Spritzee! The puzzle should look like this, and like the Swirlix puzzle, if it doesn't end immediately as it should, you might want to try rotating the corner pieces.

fc0g48.jpg

682.png(Lv. 15)

Spritzee becomes a decent special wall with Calm Mind, with very nice moves such as Aromatherapy, Draining Kiss, and Misty Terrain. However, it's pretty slow and isn't too great on the physically defensive side.

In one of the northern apartments, there is a Move Tutor who will teach your starter Pokemon one of the Pledge moves for some shards, which you could find randomly lying around.

4opaHN.png

Lapis Ward Pledge Tutor:

Fire Pledge - 3 Red Shards

Water Pledge - 3 Blue Shards

Grass Pledge - 3 Green Shards

By the way, in Reborn, the Pledge moves now work when used in consecutive turns, as well as during the same turn. This can be helpful if you ever want to create the Burning Field, the Swamp Field, or the Rainbow Field!

The next area that isn't story related (yet - you'll have to do this eventually) is another Alley.

5HMXDFUm.png

This is the Aqua Gang Alley! Like the Magma Gang, there are some wild Pokemon:

Lapis Alley:

Encounters:261MS.png434MS.png568MS.png677MS.png510.png

There's no new encounters on land, like in the North Obsidia Alley, but you can find Liepards here instead of training up a Purrloin.

If you talk to the Grunts, they will ask if you want to join. You can accept and join the Aqua Gang, or decline and go back to the North Obsidia Alley and join the Magma Gang. Again, however, joining the Aqua Gang will give you earlier rewards, which is why I recommend it. Although... if your Pokemon are more suited to fighting Water types than Fire types, perhaps that's enough incentive to join the Magma Gang, as you'll have to fight Aqua Gangsters if you join Magma and vice versa.

aAHVPK6m.png

n5URXL0m.png

No matter which gang you choose, the two gangsters blocking the Alley will fight you if you want to join them. After beating them, they will let you in! If you go back, the gangsters in the other alley will tell you to get lost.

j5LD5S8m.png

Also, after doing that, if you go a bit south of the North Obsidia Alley, a member of the opposite gang will fight you, saying that he paid for a very rare prize. The Magikarp event continues!

MNu5rzWm.png

rk2OyWVm.png

However, he says someone from your gang stole it from him already!

C4APVbhm.png

uwSBla3m.png

If you go back to Lapis, where an Aqua Gangster and a Magma Gangster used to be fighting, the one from your gang will remain. However, he said he already sold it off at 7th Street...

ec6Bmhem.png

yBGFnWNm.png

...And that's the last of the Magikarp event for quite a while. Sorry, but you'll have to wait for a while before you can continue the OP Pokemon quest.

Anyway, if you joined the Aqua Gang, on windy nights there will be a Murkrow that will battle you. You won't be able to access this if you joined the Magma Gang until after the next Gym battle.

2ebvn2b.jpg

198.png(Lv. 25) Egg Moves: Perish Song, Brave Bird, Roost

Murkrow is an incredible Pokemon with Prankster Tailwind and Perish Song, if you get that egg move. When it evolves, it becomes a very nice powerhouse with Dark Pulse and Brave Bird. It's not too fast, though...

Talk to your boss and he will say that their gang used to be like Robin Hood and his thieves, stealing from the rich and giving to the poor. However, another gang came and started to steal from their targets, ruining their gang's reputation. He invites you to join them, as they are going on a raid at night, and you should meet them at the empty building over here when it's dark...

3NmACP4m.png

SUqRzfnm.png

8U7L6P8m.png

When you enter, your boss will debrief you on the mission: The opposite gang is planning on striking a rich hag's house to steal a Pokemon and are going to pin the blame on your gang, so you guys are going to steal the Pokemon before they do! The person in question is Mrs. Craudberry, whose house is towards the south of Lapis Ward.

GnvzHoOm.png

3n27b14m.png

9GZ9pOlm.png

zCES0Fum.png

nXvrZY4m.png

Craudburry's house is this one:

8JwK5akm.png

Enter it, and one of your Gangsters will have already taken care of Craudburry. You'll have to go into the back room and fight two members of the opposing gang. After that, take the two Items on the desk. Don't feel bad for stealing these items; you'll see Craudburry's true personality later on in the story.

If you joined the Aqua Gang, the rewards will be a Fire Stone and a Ponyta.

If you joined the Magma Gang, the rewards will be a Water Stone and a Buizel.

077.png(Lv. 25) OR 418.png(Lv. 25)

Both Ponyta and Buizel are very fast, and they can deal some decent damage. Their level up movepools aren't too great coverage-wise, but they can be nice members on your team. Buizel is also nifty for helping get Aqua Jet on Azurill, if you want that.

After that, go back to your boss and he'll praise your for your work. He says to keep the stuff you looted from Craudburry and that they might have another job for you in the future (being after the next Gym battle).

6QwdaMlm.png

npBCXDfm.png

Now, if you go back to Craudburry's house after this whole incident, she'll be talking to a Police Officer and recognize you as one of the thieves who broke into her house. However, the Police Officer will say that you don't look like a criminal and that you aren't part of their records of the gang members, or if you saved the Police Officers, that you have helped the Police before. Craudburry will start cursing at the Police and Reborn City as a result.

7ON0WNgm.png

6CHaMqam.png

ziKPKeRm.png

P0CPe9Xm.png

After leaving, the Officer will stop you and say not to worry since you aren't actually a suspect. He'll give you a Bike Voucher to make up for that incident, saying that he would've given it to his daughter, but... she didn't survive the Beryl Ward attack...

8MhLyC0m.png

kO8s9GIm.png

If you bring that to the Bike Shop, the man will give you a Bike.

OWUo8qqm.png

...That was a slightly depressing tale, but at least you can now zoom throughout Reborn City? I'd register it as a Key Item, for easy access.

The last thing available in Lapis Ward is another Sticker Quest. In this house next to the Pokemart, a woman will be panicking and will ask for you to find her missing son.

2j0ggmd.jpg

When it's windy, he can be found near the Power Plant to the east of Beryl Bridge. A Drifloon will be there, and he will ask you to fight the Drifloon which kidnapped him.

10A4r9.png

425.png(Lv. 20)

Drifloon gets nice offensive stats, Speed, and HP when it evolves, but its defensive stats are sadly very poor. It also doesn't have too great of a movepool, as it doesn't even get a good Flying STAB, but it can get some nice supportive moves from breeding like Destiny Bond.

He'll say thank you and that he will head home. However, he won't be there, and his mother will continue to worry. You'll find him in Jasper now, near the Beryl Gate, where a Police Man used to be trapped. This time, you'll have to fight two Venipedes and one Scolipede in a Trainer Battle similar to the Scraggy Gang.

MpwQ4c.png

Finally, after that, he'll really go back home, and his mother will give you a Sticker as a thank you.

7z5fz8Hm.png

With that done, you can now go to the fourth floor of the Department Store!

Department Store, Floor 4: Consumable Items and Special 1

Air Balloon - 400
White Herb - 1000
Mental Herb - 1000
Power Herb - 1000
Absorb Bulb - 1200
Snowball - 1000
Cell Battery - 1300

Smoke Ball - 2150

Destiny Knot - 8000

Power Weight - 15000

Power Bracer - 15000

Power Belt - 15000

Power Anklet - 15000

Power Lens - 15000

Power Band - 15000

TM 48 Round - 9000

There's not much that's super useful for the first part of this floor. I guess the Air Balloon could be useful against the Ground Gym Leader, the Absorb Bulb could be useful against the Water Gym Leader, the Snowball could be useful against the Ice Gym Leader, and the Cell Battery could be useful for a future mono-Electric type trainer. White Herb might be good if you have a self stat-lowering move like Overheat or Leaf Storm, and Power Herb could be useful if you have something like Solarbeam. These are all very situational, though. Unfortunately, there's no Focus Sashes despite being consumable items. :[

The Smoke Ball is a very helpful item if you just want to run away from things without using Repels. The Destiny Knot is an amazing tool for breeding (again, check the Breeding Guide if you'd like help on that topic) and the Power Items are great for EV Training (although unfortunately there's no Macho Brace, rip).

Anyway, next part, I guess we'll finally check back on Victoria and Shelly...

Part 12:

Go back to Shelly's Gym and up the stairs, into her room, to meet up with Victoria and Shelly. Victoria will talk about how she's worried about Shelly after seeing Corey's body and how she's going to the Grand Stairway due to what Eclipse and Aster said. She says to come along, while Shelly recovers.

Tq6mnlHm.png

ZuX8pekm.png

rySFAhvm.png
VqyUYXvm.png

Going back to North Obsidia, you can now go down the hole due to a ladder, and access a new area!

mgfMzX3m.png

Beneath the Grand Stairway

However, once you go down... Victoria's already been captured by Aster and Eclipse. They're going to lock her up and use her as bait since they don't want you two teaming up.

6h86hxJm.png

UoTcGqim.png

Well, although you might not want to do it, the only thing you can do is go and rescue Victoria. However, this area has some wild encounters, which you'll be fighting in the Crystal Cavern Field.

Beneath the Grand Stairway:

BF1 Encounters:027.png075.png714.png050.png074.png433.png206.png

BF2 Encounters:027.png075.png074.png433.png050.png206.png201.png

BF3 Encounters:201.png

Sandshrew, as a Sandslash, learns Swords Dance and Earthquake naturally, which is great. It also learns Gyro Ball if you want to run a slower one. It's a very strong physical wall after evolving, which it can very quickly.

Geodude/Graveler are pretty good, with Stealth Rock, Rock Blast, Earthquake, and Stone Edge at its arsenal. It also has the chance to evolve very soon, which is nice. Definitely a good Pokemon, if you feel that Onix isn't doing well enough, although it does have many weaknesses.

Diglett is very fast and gets Earthquake not too far from now (although you'd need to keep it a Diglett unless you want to wait another 10 levels). It's a pretty good Ground type, although it's very frail.

Chingling isn't very great, although it gets Extransensory, Yawn, and Heal Bell as a Chimeho. Its stats are pretty mediocre, it relies on TMs if you want attacks, and there's better Psychic types out there. Still, you need a Chimecho for an event later, so you could get one for that, I guess.

Dunsparce has a small niche for Glare, Roost, Endeavor, and other decent supportive moves, Ancient Power + Serene Grace, and Coil? Maybe? It's so rare, though, that you're better off using a better Normal type.

Unown is terrible and should never be used, unless you're doing an Unown-only challenge (in that case what is wrong with you you masochist).

The Diglett can be especially annoying if you don't have a Pokemon immune to Arena Trap up front, so you might want to spray some repels.

You also may want to grind mixed attackers on the third floor, as Unown give both Attack and Special Attack EVs, are relatively easy to beat, and only appear on that floor. You actually might want to grind any low leveled Pokemon there, as the Unown can jump to level 45 and give very nice experience.

Anyway, just head down the first ladder. You'll find yourself in a large room, although the only way from there is south due to the other paths being blocked. After that, you'll see you can go down four ways, and as there are ledges, you're forced to head down the route you pick and go back if you don't go the right way.

For convenience, I'll number the routes:

Far Left - Path 1

Second to Left - Path 2

Second to Right - Path 3

Far Right - Path 4

Path 3 is the correct way to go, so naturally, I'll say what you can get from the other paths first.

If you go down Path 1, and you'll eventually come across a ladder that will just take you back to the beginning.

If you go down Path 2, which will go left towards a staircase that allows you to pick up TM 63 Embargo and TM 94 Rock Smash, the latter from a Black Belt NPC. However, you'll need Shelly's Gym Badge if you want to use it.

i393dmldihduf3yzg.jpg

w9SSM8qm.png

If you go down Path 4, skipping the one before it, and you can find a hidden Focus Sash (reminder that these are consumable, if you like using these in competitive battling) and a visible Ability Capsule.

capture012_zpsc3udqtjx.png

xi3wxfc69xy71x8zg.jpg

If you go down Path 3, the correct path, you'll come across a ladder. Going down it will take you to a long staircase. There's a Light Shard at the end, if your Pokemon are hurt by the wild Pokemon here.

shjvi1hm.png

In the middle of the room will be the man from that Factory Julia boomed before, standing before large doors. He will say how behind the door is a vast power, and to unlock the doors, four keys are needed - Ruby, the seal of pain, Sapphire, the seal of love, Emerald, the seal of faith, and Amethyst, the seal of beyond. Completely coincidentally, Corey and Heather's ring is called the Ruby Ring... He will permit you to go save Victoria after his lecture, saying that everyone should know about it.

VKCNxiIm.png

yEFNzABm.png

H6qPNizm.png

w9ceXqem.png

If you go left, Aster and Eclipse will fight you. However, Victoria will help you (somehow from the cage...)

q0WhAcmm.png

pp7l4p53ekyjw27zg.jpg

Team Meteor Grunts Aster and Eclipse would like to battle!

Field: Crystal Cavern Field

Format: Doubles (with Victoria, who picked up a Scraggy, evolved her Ralts and Makuhita, and trained up a lot from last time)

338.png(Lv. 30) Levitate: Rock Polish, Psywave, Fire Spin, Rock Slide

126.png(Lv. 32) Flame Body: Feint Attack, Fire Spin, Confuse Ray, Flame Burst

337.png(Lv. 30) Levitate: Rock Polish, Psywave, Hypnosis, Rock Slide

125.png(Lv. 32) Static: Swift, Shock Wave, Light Screen, Low Kick

Aster and Eclipse are much harder, but luckily, you have your Pokemon + Victoria's 4 Pokemon against their only 4 Pokemon. Beware if their Solrock or Lunatone get a Rock Polish up, as that also gives a +1 to Attack and Special Attack in this Field. Hypnosis, Fire Spin, and Confuse Ray can be annoying, but this fight shouldn't be too hard when you have Victoria with you.

- Pokemon with Rock moves, Nature Power (for Power Gem), or Rock Smash are great, as this Field boosts Rock moves and also may give them an extra typing. You have a 50% chance of getting something good against Solrock and Lunatone and a 25% chance of getting something 4x effective on Magmar. I recommend using a Rock type like Graveler or Lombre for Nature Power (as well as super effective moves against everything but the Electabuzz).

- If you don't like your chances with the Field, you can always change it with another Field move like Mist or a Bulldoze from Graveler (which is also very good against the Magmar and Electabuzz).

After winning, Aster and Eclipse will flee, and Victoria will say how the boss just talked to her about the same thing he did with you. She says she's going back to Shelly, and so you have to follow her.

CVtlBAPm.png

0zbl660m.png
r0ooKL8m.png

Going back to the Gym, Shelly still hasn't recovered too well, so Victoria wants you to go to Dr. Connal, even though she states that she heard he has some notoriety, which should be a sign that he isn't too great...

e6dhK63m.png

fGWX89Cm.png
mj1nwwTm.png
wwRVaPem.png

Well, his orphanage is where that blue-purple haired girl was blocking the way before. When you try to enter, a girl will come out.

Ifi4zbum.png

wCGJo0pm.png

After she leaves, you can enter, to be greeted by another girl. She thought you were the girl who just left, Laura, and asks why you're glowing. A boy that looks similar to her says that nobody is glowing.

9pn5nSQm.png

nYpPFKgm.png
yv7OSrhm.png
FmQ2panm.png
hS9LDTXm.png

She decides to change the topic and introduce you to the other orphans. She is Anna, and her Jirachi is named Nostra, who says hi, and the boy is her twin brother Noel, who has a Cleffa named Nomos. Noel says that Nostra and Nomos are just dolls, but he still says that Nomos also says hi.

qkm5mMum.png

iKJpDe7m.png
lzjzlyCm.png
42PWD34m.png

7z8vO2km.png

She then introduces you to the other character who has a unique sprite in the room, who is Charlotte. She has burn scars to Anna, but nobody else sees them.

0MA9NvUm.png

UzkefoLm.png
rBMB7Wnm.png

Charlotte then says how Laura is an Elite 4 member (despite being stuck in an orphanage), and Noel tries to say that Anna is something (hint hint?), but Anna cuts him off. She says that Charlotte and Noel are Gym Leaders!

mjZHHNHm.png

kvApEa1m.png

2D9UPsZm.png

bs4UyjUm.png

hw7oRRVm.png

They then go back to talking about Laura, who was able to leave because she just turned 18. Charlotte says besides the Doctor letting them leave, turning 18 is the only way to escape.

Z6IbWb7m.png

BTVczzfm.png

...And then the conversation turns to how the Doctor uses Electric type Pokemon in his "therapy," which ominously hurts, according to Anna. And also, Anna can hear voices around the Doctor, and Nostra told her that some of his past patients died...

YpqNHKqm.png

eOimZVnm.png

KuJnsXLm.png'

izM10DPm.png
57eCYH2m.png

Anna then wonders why you're there, and upon hearing that you want help for Shelly, she'll say that the Doctor will simply make her worse.

998V2NHm.png
VgI2Rq2m.png

And right then, the Doctor comes in, wondering who you are.

KwjMdQmm.png

nHPcZpOm.png
8SoKahSm.png

u3UrrEpm.png

Anna will cover for you, saying that you want to fight Charlotte and Noel, and Sigmund decides to examine your skill to see how adequate you are at battling if you want to challenge his "gifted" patients. He'll ask an Orderly to fight you.

fuQBmk7m.png

sF9sWwIm.png

hZso6xfm.png

Ayg0p2cm.png

Orderly John should be a fairly easy fight, due to him just being a random Trainer and just using Electric and Psychic types. Even after beating him, though, Sigmund says that he cannot permit them to battle, as "it would be unbefitting of their current emotional development," and he also cannot let them leave due to them being too volatile. Makes one wonder how Trainers are expected to get all of their Badges if Charlotte and Noel aren't allowed to fight anyone.

rVj0y9vm.png

9cwdGYpm.png
DUVrZeLm.png

Sigmund says you'll just have to wait until a better moment comes, so Anna decides this is your chance to leave and forcefully push you out. She whispers to you to tell Shelly to look out for the one who is truly hurt by what happened, judging by from what Nostra senses.

5Ac9pQLm.png

KYKC5Ghm.png

Q2iEsolm.png

ji2ooaFm.png

She locks the door out, preventing you from coming back.

Little tidbit of trivia: Ame has said that Dr. Sigmund Connal diagnosed Anna with schizophrenia, Noel with Asperger's, and Charlotte with conduct disorder. Anna's is obvious (but what she sees is strangely very accurate), and you'll get to see more things that might show Noel and Charlotte's disorders as they appear again in the game, and when you -officially- meet Laura, you'll get to see her disorder, too. Still, as Ame said, "Of course, these come from Sigmund, so feel free to disregard all of them."

Anyway, going back to the Gym, and deliver Anna's message to Shelly. She'll say she's going to find Heather, but first, she remembered that Victoria wanted a Gym battle. Victoria says she'd rather wait until everything goes back to normal, although you might want to do it instead. Shelly goes to the battlefield.

Zm748Asm.png

hVQ5B3sm.png

cj0tJvUm.png

However, just before you enter the Gym, Victoria stops you and says she doesn't want you fighting Shelly, since she's still recovering. She decides to fight you to try and stop you.

y9XTT7gm.png

sucdkGkm.png

559.png(Lv. 30) Intimidate: Brick Break, Payback, Chip Away, High Jump Kick

281.png(Lv. 31) Trace: Double Team, Magical Leaf, Psychic, Calm Mind

297.png(Lv. 32) Thick Fat: Knock Off, Smelling Salts, Belly Drum, Force Palm

499.png(Lv. 34) Thick Fat: Arm Thrust, Rollout, Take Down, Heat Crash

Victoria's team is a bit more threatening, with more powerful and set up moves, but with three Fighting types, it shouldn't be too hard. Brute force is generally the way to go here, as you don't want that Kirlia setting up with Double Team and Calm Mind or that Hariyama getting to use Belly Drum.

- Flying types work very well here, such as Murkrow (with Brave Bird) or Fearow (with Aerial Ace, which is especially good for Kirlia). That Pignite does have Rollout, though, so beware of that.

- Psychic types are also fairly decent when Scraggy and Kirlia are out of the picture, for obvious reasons. Poison types resist her Fighting type moves and can generally wall Victoria, as well. They have to beware Kirlia, but Poison type moves are also super effective on it. I'd recommend Meowstic, Trubbish, or Koffing.

- Granbull is very nice for this fight, as the Charm + Intimidate combination and Fighting resist means that Scraggy, Hariyama (if it doesn't get Belly Drum off), and Pignite are fairly useless.

After winning, she says to just try to be gentle against her, but still wishes you luck.

OKHdHaOm.png

Part 13

Shelly's Gym apparently features one of the more confusing puzzles, although I found it simple by just guessing-and-checking. There are four Trainers with Bug-type Pokemon in the Forest Field, and the goal is to press the computers in the correct order to build up three bookcases in the right order. After pressing the last one, which can be gotten to by going through Shelly's room, you can walk across the bookshelves to reach Shelly's battlefield. To figure out how to solve it, just watch Lostelle's video:

Anyway, onto the fight. Just talk to Shelly to begin. She will talk about how she became a Gym Leader so she'd be recognized by her brother, Bugsy, but it didn't work, and then the battle will start.

cQROqaEm.png

charshelly.png

Bookworm Shelly would like to battle!

Items: 2 Ultra Potions (Heal 120 HP)

Field: Forest Field

Format: Doubles

314.pngIllumise (Lv. 32) Prankster, Damp Rock: Rain Dance, Struggle Bug, Dazzling Gleam, Confuse Ray

284.pngMasquerain (Lv. 31) Intimidate, Silver Powder: Struggle Bug, Icy Wind, Bubble Beam, Energy Ball

347.pngAnorith (Lv. 32) Swift Swim, Muscle Band: Aqua Jet, Rapid Spin, Knock Off, Rock Slide

413-trash.pngWormadam-Trash (Lv. 32) Overcoat: Struggle Bug, Mirror Shot, Psybeam, Giga Drain

469.pngHeather / Yanmega (Lv. 33) Speed Boost: Struggle Bug, Giga Drain, Air Cutter, Ancient Power

313.pngBugsy / Volbeat (Lv. 35) Prankster, Leftovers: Tail Glow, Moonlight, Struggle Bug, Dazzling Gleam

Shelly can be a fairly difficult Gym Leader to face if you aren't prepared, as she is the first Doubles Gym Leader and her Yanmega can hit very hard. However, while her Field gives her a big advantage, it also gives her a huge disadvantage - it can be changed to hurt her a lot just with one move.

- If you have a Fire starter, you can teach it Fire Pledge from the Lapis Pledge Tutor. In addition, there are some other Fire types like Numel or Growlithe, which can learn Flame Burst. Both Fire Pledge and Flame Burst will transform the Field into a Burning Field, which will boost Fire type moves. Luckily, Shelly's Illumise typically refuses to use Rain Dance, so it should be easy to change the Field.

- You could also try to use the Forest Field to your advantage by using some special Bug types like Butterfree or Vivillon, but burning the Field usually works better.

- If that Yanmega is troubling you, paralyze it with a Pokemon like Ampharos or Emolga. This will also boost the power of Electro Ball, which will help take it out.

After winning, Shelly will award you the Cocoon Badge, which raises the level cap to 40 and allows you to use TMX Rock Smash outside of battle, as well as TM 76 Struggle Bug. She then tells you to go tell Ame that Corey is now deceased and the reserve Poison Leader now has to become the Gym Leader.

SU7qXWwm.png

syl2XLym.png

on5rfahm.png

However, that can wait, as some new things have opened up!

Firstly, In North Obsidia Ward, there will be a crowd around a Silph Co. salesman. He will sell you just one Link Stone for 10,000 Poke, which is very expensive but potentially very worth it. These are evolution stones for Pokemon that need to be traded to evolve, like Machoke or Spritzee (when holding a Sachet). There are only a few of these available, though, so choose what Pokemon you evolve wisely.

FJMtVODm.png
Cendbujm.png

Also, now that Shelly has been defeated, you can now do another quest for the Aqua / Magma Gang. Go back to whichever one you joined, and they will ask you to join them in a takeover of the opposing gang's base at night. So, if you've joined Aqua, go to Magma's Alley at night in North Obsidia, and if you've joined Magma, go to Aqua's Alley at night in Lapis.

9xEwZkNm.png

azpaJeam.png

You'll have to fight two Gangsters in front blocking the way, who will use mainly Fire types if they're part of the Magma Gang and Water types if they're part of the Aqua Gang, and then the boss of the opposing gang. However, the boss is actually a bit high leveled for this part of the game, so you might want to do this a bit later. This quest does give you some good rewards and is mandatory later on anyway, though.

ZOovfD7m.png

gkIyegXm.png

Since this is an optional mini-boss, I'll use a simpler format for this...

Magma Kingpin Maxwell: Vulpix (Lv. 41), Charmeleon (Lv. 42), Houndoom (Lv. 45)

I have no idea about Archer...

After defeating the boss, he will tell his gang to retreat. Your gang will then go back to their alley, and tell you to come back.

k9lItajm.png

As a reward for driving away the opposing gang, your leader will give you a Carvanha if you are in the Aqua Gang or a Houndour if you are in the Magma Gang.

waE227Km.png

318.png(Lv. 30) OR228.png(Lv. 30)

Carvanha is a pretty good Pokemon. Even though it's frail, it has very nice offensive stats, the amazing ability Speed Boost, and a cool movepool with things like Aqua Jet, Ice Fang, and Crunch.

Houndour is also a very good Pokemon, as it's pretty strong and learns cool attacks like Flamethrower, Crunch, Nasty Plot, etc. Plus, it can get Destiny Bond from breeding!

In addition, you will be able to roam the abandoned alley of the gang you fought. So, if you are in the Magma Gang, you can finally access the pool of water and fish there or battle the wild Murkrow, and if you are in Aqua Gang, you'll be able to find a wild Houndour. If you have Pokesnax, the Houndour will attack you. This is why I recommended joining the Aqua Gang - you get a Houndour much earlier than a player who joined the Magma Gang will be able to get a Carvanha, as you have to get the Super Rod to fish for Carvanhas.

p2J7uDxm.png

228.png(Lv. 22)

But anyway, if you joined Magma, the Aqua Alley will be abandoned, so you can now fish in a small area! However, the Old Rod is the only rod available, so that means only one thing can be found here...

Lapis Alley:

Old Rod:339.png

You can find Barboach! ...Though, when evolved, the only particularly good stat it has is HP, and its Abilities kinda suck... What's more, you can't breed Dragon Dance onto it without reverting to a previous episode and getting Magikarp, so I wouldn't really recommend this one. Joining Aqua's still better than Magma imo.

You'll be able to access the pool of water if you joined Aqua a bit later in the story, but if you want a Barboach, you can find them a bit later on.

Next up, Rock Smash is now usable, so there are a few caves that are now explorable. Firstly, if you go back Beneath the Grand Stairway, there are a few rocks you can break. For instance, there was a Lunatone or a Solrock being blocked by a rock, depending on if it was day or night. You'll find the other later on.

jKsmxGXm.png

337.png(Lv. 25) or 338.png(Lv. 25)

Lunatone and Solrock are decent Pokemon, I guess. I've never used them due to their many weaknesses and average stats, but the two Pokemon do learn some pretty nice moves, like Psychic, Stone Edge, and Explosion, as well as Moonblast for Lunatone and Solar Beam for Solrock, all through level up.

Also, there was a cave blocked off, which has a hiker who can smash glowing rocks. He'll give you a Mining Kit so you can also try mining them to get treasures, in a mini-game just like the Mining game in Diamond/Pearl/Platinum.

KuFW3Xdm.png

26tfjIDm.png

Mining Guide:

There are many glowing rocks in Reborn, and now you can mine them to get little treasures! Mining itself is very simple, you have to try finding all the items in the rock before the crack reaches the other screen. You can switch the tool you use by pressing ___, so you can switch from the hammer, which mines in a wide range but causes the crack to grow more, or the pickaxe, which mines in a very small range but causes the crack to grow less.

You can get many different things from these rocks, so here's a list of all the items (hopefully from most common to most rare - I'm unsure of their exact percentages):

Red, Blue, Green, and Purple Shards

Heart Scales

Everstones, Hard Stones, Iron Balls

Light Clays, Heat Rocks, Damp Rocks, Smooth Rocks, Icy Rocks

Star Pieces, Revives

Oval Stones

Rare Bones, Odd Keystones, Max Revives

Water Stones, Thunder Stones, Fire Stones, Leaf Stones, Moon Stones, Sun Stones*

Draco Plates, Dread Plates, Earth Plates, Fist Plates, Flame Plates, Icicle Plates, Insect Plates, Iron Plates, Meadow Plates, Mind Plates, Sky Plates, Splash Plates, Spooky Plates, Stone Plates, Toxic Plates, Zap Plates

Helix Fossils, Dome Fossils, Root Fossils, Claw Fossils, Skull Fossils, Armor Fossils**

*Note that the Shiny Stone, Dusk Stone, and Dawn Stone are unavailable. They aren't available through mining in DPPt, either, which is probably the reasoning for these not being available through mining in Reborn. You'll simply just have to wait to find these outside of mining.

**Also note that the Old Amber, Cover Fossil, Plume Fossil, Jaw Fossil, and Sail Fossil are unavailable. There are events to get Aerodactyl, Tirtouga, Archen, Tyrunt, and Amaura later on.

Due to the sheer amount of things to get, I'd recommend soft resetting to get the fossils (which, again, are very rare), Heart Scales, etc. that you might want. The Odd Keystone and the Helix Fossil (not Omanyte, just the Helix Fossil itself) are necessary for Pokemon events later on, so I'd try to get those. In addition, the Plates are pretty good hold items for this point of the game, so you may want to try getting those.

I'll go over the Pokemon you can get through mining those fossils once you can revive them.

And there's a rock with a hidden Rare Candy right here:

d4uj5hu6khgzxz3zg.jpg

Next, in Beryl Cemetery, there was a cave being blocked by a Rock Smashable rock. After breaking the rock, you can enter Beryl Cave (which is dark, so Flash would be handy... except it's not available yet).

No encounters here, surprisingly, but there is a cage with a Nidorina. If you have the Silver Ring, she will join you, being the first of Corey's Pokemon that you can find! In addition, the rock she is next to has a Link Stone.

IEPOtKam.png

030.png(Lv. 28) Egg Moves: Disable, Venom Drench

Nidorina/Nidoqueen are pretty good Pokemon with nice stats and Sheer Force as Nidoqueen, but their movepools are pretty lackluster without TMs. Toxic Spikes, Crunch, Superpower, and Earth Power are the only notable moves, really, so no good Poison STAB just yet.

In addition, if you go to the end of the cave, you'll come across a clearing. After taking a few steps into it, you will be challenged by another Pokemon gang! You'll have to fight 5 Nuzleafs, which get progressively stronger as you defeat each one, and a level 55 Shiftry, all in the Forest Field! Luckily, they're pretty frail, so using priority attacks should help out a bit.

gllJ9rRm.png

After that, the Shiftry will leave, and you can take the five Nuzleafs.

VawIcoTm.png

274.png(Levels vary) Egg Moves: Leech Seed, Grassy Terrain, Foul Play

Nuzleaf is extremely frail, but it can become a pretty good mixed attacker with nice offensive and decent speed stats, as well as moves like Extrasensory, Leaf Blade, and Leaf Storm. It also gets Nasty Plot through Move Relearner as Shiftry, but it won't get any good special Dark moves by level up, so you'll have to wait till you can get Dark Pulse.

There will also be TM 20 Safeguard and a totem pole. If you have an Ill-Fated Doll from the mansion in Beryl Ward, you can activate it, causing one of four Pokemon to attack you (no soft-resetting to change it, as the order of the Pokemon is pre-determined). If you bring more Ill-Fated Dolls, which you'll be able to buy later, you can get the other three. The Pokemon that may attack you are Baltoy, Elgyem, Golett, and Natu.

jRYRmhfm.png

uhJEXSRm.png

343.png(Lv. 30) OR 605.png(Lv. 30) OR 622.png(Lv. 35) OR 177.png(Lv. 16/20)

Baltoy becomes a pretty decent Pokemon, with nice defenses and things like Cosmic Power and Explosion to use.

Elgyem may be slow, but as a Beeheyem, it does hit very hard. The only problem is that it doesn't have many great moves, besides maybe Hidden Power, Psychic, and Charge Beam as of this point in the game.

Golett is a very strong but slow attacker, with some cool moves like Dynamic Punch, Earthquake, Shadow Punch, and Heavy Slam. I'd definitely recommend this one, if you can get it.

Natu might not look like much at a first glance of its okay-ish stats, but Magic Bounce is always handy and it can get some cool moves like Tailwind, Night Shade, Confuse Ray, etc.

If you come back when it's sunny, there will be a wild Tropius there. You need Pokesnax to fight it.

L2r7YbN.png

357.png(Lv. 30)

Tropius has decent bulk, which is pretty nice. It gets Harvest and Natural Gift, which you could use with a berry, but with its pretty bad typing, I wouldn't really recommend it.

Finally, there's a rock blocking a cave near the abandoned Power Plant east of Beryl Bridge. After smashing that rock, you can enter Citrine Mountain.

Citrine Mountain

This cold cave is in the Icy Field, and there are some new encounters here.

Citrine Mountain (2F):

Encounters:527.png613.png220.png231.png614.png232.png(I don't really know what the rates of these Pokemon are, so this is going to probably be out of order rip)

Cubchoo becomes a pretty strong physical Pokemon with moves like Superpower and Icicle Crash, but its Speed is pretty disappointing. I guess you could use a Swift Swim on a Rain team, possibly?

Swinub is a really good Pokemon, being strong, bulky, and somewhat fast. With moves like Earthquake, Mist, and Ice Shard, I'd say that this is a great Pokemon to add on your team.

If you go straight to the right, you can find a hidden Ability Capsule in this rock:

0xq2qnkam2kd7ahzg.jpg

There is also a Croagunk here, and if you have the Silver Ring, it will join you, making it the second of Corey's Pokemon.

x0iwyOSm.png

453.png(Lv. 28) Egg Moves: Drain Punch, Venoshock

Croagunk is a really good Pokemon, with a great Attack and decent Speed and Special Attack, along with plenty of good moves like Sucker Punch, Poison Jab, Nasty Plot, Sludge Bomb, Revenge, etc.

And finally, there's a cave where you can find a Smoochum being cornered by a Beartic. You'll have to fight the level 57 Beartic, and then it will join you. You can also find a NeverMeltIce.

5BeR9Oum.png

GcnUiV0m.png

238.png(Lv. 20) Egg Moves: Nasty Plot

While very frail, Smoochum is one of the best Ice types and a very good Psychic type at this point of the game. She's pretty strong and fast, and learns a few nice attacks like Psychic and Blizzard.

Finally, if you go back to the Underground Railnet from Peridot Ward, there's some rocks that can be smashed. From there, you can go east to a new part of the Railnet!

Underground Railnet

There's some new encounters here, as well.

Underground Railnet, Between the Two Sides

Encounters:714.png599.png074.png075.png451.png303.png600.png

Dark Spots:527.png

Skorupi is a pretty good Pokemon, as it gets a lot of moves - Crunch, Bug Bite, Cross Poison, Toxic Spikes, and the elemental fangs (relearn as a Drapion). Its stats are pretty decent, and it gets Hone Claws to help boost its Attack.

Mawile has meh stats, but a pretty amazing typing. Too bad its Mega is too strong to be available that early. Anyway, its movepool isn't bad either, with Play Rough, Iron Head, Sucker Punch, Iron Defense, and Baton Pass, so you may want to use it for now.

Klang is now available wild, so you don't have to evolve Klink to find one now (although it only has a 1% rate, so good luck with that...).

This is a nice place to EV Train in Defense - just avoid Noibat and Mawile (since Mawile gives a Defense AND an Attack EV). And, like all the other places with dark spots, you can EV Train in Speed by just going through the dark spots.

In addition, there's one item of interest here, being the Dull Key:

LvLHWKM.png

If you don't get it before beating the next Gym Leader, then you'll have to wait until two more Gym Leaders after to get it, so you should get it while you can!

You can use this key in the Obsidia Slums, right here:

HGElUMM.png

When you enter the next room, there will be a cutscene of three Pangoros capturing three Scraggys. Enter the next room to find a jumping puzzle. You'll have to jump across on the left and the right sides, fight two level 45 Pangoros who are cornering one Scraggy each, and press the switches. After that, you can now jump across in the center path, and you'll be able to go through to find the last Scraggy. However, you'll have to fight another Pangoro, at level 50!

Upon defeating the Pangoro, another cutscene will happen, where the three Pangoros are about to gang up on you and the third Scraggy. However, the Scrafty from the Scraggy Gang will attack them, defeating them for good, and the last Scraggy will want to join you.

no pic

559.png(Lv. 30) Egg Moves: Dragon Dance, Drain Punch, Fire Punch, Ice Punch, Thunder Punch

Scraggy is a godly Pokemon, with great stats and a very nice movepool including Crunch and High Jump Kick. In addition, Dragon Dance can help boost its otherwise okay Speed, which is great. It'll be very useful for quite a few of the upcoming Gym Leaders, so this is a Pokemon that's definitely very useful.

You also can find a Black Belt in this place, which might go well with the Scraggy!

no pic rip

Oh, as for encounters, it's basically the Obsidia Slums encounters, but with Pancham and Pidove switching places in terms of encounter rates, with higher leveled Pokemon. So yeah. Might as well include it, though...

Obsidia Slums Pancham Playground / Don Hall:

Encounters:674MS.png568MS.png056MS.png519MS.png296MS.png

Anyway, that's everything left, so next part, it's off to the Grand Hall to talk to Ame about Corey.