hardcore normal mono run

gryson

Normal is a bit more versatile so you probably will like that one a bit better (I still think ya'll are crazy trying to do monotypes on this mod). Zigzagoon will be your lifesaver against Julia with Mud Sport, but Loudred is also useful with its Soundproof ability. Given you won't have any resistances, I'd try looking for some second stage Pokemon like Raticate or Watchog in order to make up for the lack of versatility.

Florinia is a bit easier as Fearow is an option. I figured out a way to counter this glaring problem when 2.0 comes out, but it'll more or less make short work of half of Florinia's team easily. More or less you'll have a pretty solid team for her then and shouldn't have to make too many changes until Shade.

it's hard to beat julia, i tried like 10 times, i have 5 members of level 20 and i think i will need a 6th member level 20 to beat her

my team is meowth, teddiursa, linoone, loudred and watchog.

maybe i'll train jigglypuff to level 20 or hoothoot.... any suggestions

and if someone wants to ad regigas to my save file, just ask for my save file ^_^

Edited by gryson

Guts or Hustle Raticate is what I'd recommend. Sucker Punch will hurt considering you'll outspeed and it has pretty good special defense at this point in time...maybe run two as Hyper Fang also puts a huge dent in her as well. There is no shame in pulling a cain type deal here with a non mono like Swalot/Trubbish as I can't even mono this mod (tbh, it wasn't designed for it).

I know the start is kind of a pain...so I'll probably raise the levels or make some Mightyena's appear in one of the alleys. For the time being, could you just PM your save and I'll just level up a Raticate for you.

I know the start is kind of a pain...so I'll probably raise the levels or make some Mightyena's appear in one of the alleys. For the time being, could you just PM your save and I'll just level up a Raticate for you.

i send you a pm

Grinding isn't hard in hardcore....All trainers have like 5+ levels if you compare to regular reborn, also you have exp share, lucky egg....I have 6 members in my party and i'm always near the level cap just by beating the trainers.

The realy grinding i need is when i catch a wild pokemon to level up , but again that's quick with lucky egg :/

Grinding isn't hard in hardcore....All trainers have like 5+ levels if you compare to regular reborn, also you have exp share, lucky egg....I have 6 members in my party and i'm always near the level cap just by beating the trainers.

The realy grinding i need is when i catch a wild pokemon to level up , but again that's quick with lucky egg :/

The best area to grind is off of Lv 12 trubbish which often poison you and it's a long walk to the Pokemon center. I'm probably going to raise the levels there and add Mightyena (it'll be a low level) so that anything above LV 16 won't be super long or tedious. It'll still take a while, but monotypes are a pain to do at the start. Many of the changes I do are to make grinding less tedious because that is my biggest gripe with Rejuvenation. I pretty much had to Audino grind if I wanted to beat any leader due to the level spikes. It'll remove some of the pain grinding as it can take 6 hours to get everyone up to 18-20 (16-18 is the recommended level to fight Julia in a normal run).

Edit: Also, I'm curious to see how your run went. If you could do a recap, I'd like to see as that is kind of interesting you didn't need Raticate.

Julia is also someone to grind :P

Let's say you have 5 pokemons level 20 like Gryson

With exp share you can battle Julia Endlessly until :

1- you beat her by strategy or luck

2- The pokemon with exp share grows up.

I guess with a 5 mons team, you're able to pass pokemons at least up to heliolisk, making a good exp food ^^

i started with watchog and used confuse ray, magnemite hurt itself then a crunch (lowered defence), magnemite hurts itself again julia used super potion, i use crunch and magnemite is gone

against emolga i used noctowl, reflect and uproar, emolga used nuzzle, acrobatics and missed a charge beam i think

watchog against voltorb was same as against magnemite, i used confuse ray, voltorb used sonicboom, then crunch, super potion from julia, crunch, sonicboom, crunch, aftermach leaving watchog faint

linoone vs chinchou i think 3 times headbutt to kill it, for heliosk i used loudred (echoed voice), i killed it but when electrode came in, he was faster but missed a sonic boom so my echoed voice was enough to bring it close to red, then electrode used charge beam to faint loudred, i brought in meowth to fake out but it wasn't enough so a charge beam fainted meotwh

dont know if i killed electrode with linoone or noctowl, but fact is he missed his attack so i just had to hit him with ether uproar or headbutt

i think it went something like that,...

ok, i think im ready to face julia, i have 12 pokemon who are level 25, but don't know how to make my team

the pokemon are, raticate, watchog, litleo, teddiursa, loudred, tranquill, fearow, noctowl, jigglypuff, linoone, vigoroth and herdier(fire fang egg move)

i need litleo with unnerve for tropius because his harvest ability is annoying and tranquill and fearow because of flying type moves/type

any tips for my team?

and how to beat cradily? i don't have any fighting moves on my team....

Edited by gryson

Have Fearow more or less take care of everything but Ferroseed and Cradily. For Ferrossed, your Litleo should be able to finish it off pretty quickly. Cradily is what your opponent is going to be. If you outspeed it with most of your Pokemon, that'll be the key to winning, if not...you're going to want Raticate to pull off a scary face. Keep lowering its attack or defenses then before going to a kill as it can use recover. You can also bring Noctowl in for Reflect to slowly wear out its Smack Down attack.

Have Fearow more or less take care of everything but Ferroseed and Cradily. For Ferrossed, your Litleo should be able to finish it off pretty quickly. Cradily is what your opponent is going to be. If you outspeed it with most of your Pokemon, that'll be the key to winning, if not...you're going to want Raticate to pull off a scary face. Keep lowering its attack or defenses then before going to a kill as it can use recover. You can also bring Noctowl in for Reflect to slowly wear out its Smack Down attack.

the big problem is recover, i tried to beat florina like 15 times already and when i get to cradily, recover is the big issue. i almost won when cradily was left in red, but i missed my hyper fang and then it used recover. but i think i will need watchog in my team to super fang it to half it's hp

the big problem is recover, i tried to beat florina like 15 times already and when i get to cradily, recover is the big issue. i almost won when cradily was left in red, but i missed my hyper fang and then it used recover. but i think i will need watchog in my team to super fang it to half it's hp

Loudred does get screech so maybe try using that. Hypnosis plus Confuse Ray can also work (Lum Berry is evil). You could also get a defense Curl Bibarel then Rollout at +6.

spearow was good to take down cacnea and grotle. Litleo with unnerve was good to take down tropius. i got a +6 attack/sp attack with work up

Then breloom came, but did a giga drain in stead of mach punch so ember could take it out. But this made litleo level 26 and ignored a first ember against ferroseed

but the second one was good to ohko it. so it was 6 againtst cradily. litleo managed to get an noble roar of, but smack down was enough to faint litleo

i used herdier intimidate and baby doll eyes to lower cradily's attack, he set up two curses so its speed was lowered and attack was still -2. then i used teddiursa with 3 times fake tears , so his Spdef was lowered to.

Then noctowl who set up a reflect and spam uproar's untill i won

this is my team after beating her

corey was kind of easy thanks to ursaring

i started with helioptile vs qwuilfish. then i brought in ursaring who got poisoned by the field

thanks to the guts ability and facade as move i could OHKO scolcipede, nidoqueen, swalot and skunktank

crobat and poison ko'd my ursaring. but then i brought huge power diggersby also with facade and so i won

this is my team after defeating corey

So far so good dude, keep it up, I'm a little concerned as a fighting gym is coming up, and I'm interested to see what you do about it because most of her pokemon carry either rock slide, ice punch, or thunder punch, so that counters your flying type. Also, do you get an entirely different Corey fight depending on whether you find the police or not, because his team was really easy, and I didn't mess with the police quest until after the fight.

Edited by AnimeFg

So far so good dude, keep it up, I'm a little concerned as a fighting gym is coming up, and I'm interested to see what you do about it because most of her pokemon carry either rock slide, ice punch, or thunder punch, so that counters your flying type. Also, do you get an entirely different Corey fight depending on whether you find the police or not, because his team was really easy, and I didn't mess with the police quest until after the fight.

Yes, they are two different teams. Field Corey is more or less the easy Corey or what Corey would fight you as a normal fight. Mist Corey is more or less a PO'd Corey who has a far stronger team (dat Scolipede) or is believed. You ruined his life so he's going to try and ruin yours. Field Corey got nerfed hard because Mega Beedrill was way too strong and Scolipede was about 2/3rds of its strength which is why they're swapped (though Field has regular Beedrill).

Yes, they are two different teams. Field Corey is more or less the easy Corey or what Corey would fight you as a normal fight. Mist Corey is more or less a PO'd Corey who has a far stronger team (dat Scolipede) or is believed. You ruined his life so he's going to try and ruin yours. Field Corey got nerfed hard because Mega Beedrill was way too strong and Scolipede was about 2/3rds of its strength which is why they're swapped (though Field has regular Beedrill).

I figured as much, and also, I ended up having to use all three pokemon that you gave me, and I thank you for doing so, otherwise i would have had to end my monorun before Julia, which would have been horrible. I just finished the mystery egg event and was disappointed to find the only time I get an Axew egg is when I'm doing a ground mono