I promise i'm gonna make a decent team one day or another..

Shad_

Hi everyone, still thinking about how to improve my team and i decided to restart it completely

I came up with some ideas, but i still need a 6th member for it, any suggestions? (if possible, with a moveset)

-Gourgeist (Relaxed/Insomnia) - 252 HP 252 Def - Protect, Phantom Force, Leech Seed, Will-o-Wisp
-Aggron (Adamant/Sturdy) - 252 HP 252 Atk - Rock Slide, EQ, Iron Tail, Rock Polish
-Crobat (Adamant/Infiltrator) - 252 Atk 252 Speed - Cross Poison, Brave Bird, U-Turn, Super Fang
-Galvantula (Modest/Compound Eyes) - 252 Sp. Atk 252 Speed - Bug Buzz, Energy Ball, Thunder, HP (Ground or Ice)
-Ninetales (Calm/Drought) - 252 HP 252 Sp. Atk - Solar Beam, Flamethrower, Nasty Plot, Will-o-Wisp
Also i'd like an opinion about the team itself, should i change something?

The team looks solid at first glance, but I noticed you had Iron Tail instead of Iron Head. Iron Head/Heavy Slam are way better option on Aggron than that low accuracy move.

The other thing to note is that Fire type weakness. I know we've more or less passed Cal and Charlotte, but your team is pretty defenseless against them especially special. Gourgeist really isn't doing you any help there so maybe something like Thick Fat Walrein would be good there to cover for those weakness gaps.

The team looks solid at first glance, but I noticed you had Iron Tail instead of Iron Head. Iron Head/Heavy Slam are way better option on Aggron than that low accuracy move.

The other thing to note is that Fire type weakness. I know we've more or less passed Cal and Charlotte, but your team is pretty defenseless against them especially special. Gourgeist really isn't doing you any help there so maybe something like Thick Fat Walrein would be good there to cover for those weakness gaps.

Heavy Slam + Ability Heavy Metal could be a better alternative?

Talking about Walrein i used one for my first run, i don't "like" it so much :/

The team seems solid, a water type for 6th spot perhaps? Azumarill? Rotom-Wash? Slowbro?

I was thinking about a kingdra, would it be a nice choice with a good moveset?

Ninetales bulk is non-existant... at least this late in the game, going for Timid/Modest and Speed IV's is the better choice.

Sturdy (Or Rock Head if you plan on breeding Head Smash) is more useful in Aggron than Heavy Metal, maybe going with Head Smash, Iron Head, Earthquake and Automotize/Rock Polish do wonders. Obviously Adamant and full Speed & Attack.

I don't like recoil moves in game, and Acrobatics do virtually about the same damage, so maybe that's an option for Crobat.

For Kingdra you got two great options:

• Offensive Dragon Dance, with Waterfall and Outrage (Breeding with Axew). Last move is up to you.
  • Sniper abuse, give it a Scope Lens and Focus Energy, and all attack will Critical Hit. So now your DPulse (Best option while we wait for Draco Meteor) and Surf will kill everything).

Good stuff, good stuff.

-The most common sleep-inducing moves are still really rare. And they're Sleep Powder/Spore, which Gourgeist is immune to cause it's a Grass type. Make it either Pickup to find some neat junk or Frisk to scout ahead for surprises.

-Aggron is really not that good. It's got a lot of physical bulk, but you've got a Gourgeist! You don't need bulk, you need a good attacker and Aggron...isn't one.

If you REALLY wanna keep it, ditch Rock Polish. Aggon can outspeed stuff at +2 if you have near-maxed speed, but even then, it just doesn't have the power to be a Rock Polish sweeper. Also, Iron Head or Heavy Slam are way better as your Steel STAB because...they can actually hit things. To replace RP, your options are limited if you're keeping EQ...Brick Break? Or use Munchlax to get Body Slam for the paras (you can keep EQ since Munchlax gets it too).

Buuuuuuuuut, I'd really advise replacing it. The first thing that comes to mind is Rhyperior because it's also a slow physically bulky (maybe even bulkier because of Solid Rock, depends on how you look at it) Rock type, but it's got a really good attack stat and great movepool (Poison Jab, Megahorn, all elemental fangs, Crunch/Shadow Claw, Metal Burst/Counter, Brick Break/Hammer Arm). You also have other Rocks like Archeops, any Shell Smasher, Gigalith, Tyrantrum, Aurorus, Relicanth.

For Steels, Durant is godly. Hustle gives it effectively 190 base Attack, and it gets Hone Claws to boost that even more and make up for Hustle's accuracy drops. Other great Steel types are Metagross, Bisharp, Empoleon, Excadrill, Escavalier.

If any of those^^ interest you, say so and I'll come up with some sets.

-Crobat is way better as a Nasty Plot attacker. Air Slash, Venoshock, Nasty Plot, Hidden Power Fighting/Ground. It's especially good if you have some Toxic Spiker around, even if it's just a level 1 Sturdy Pineco.

Though it might end up being useless if it can't set up (and physical Crobat is not the best), so if you want some replacements:

For Flying types, there's Honchkrow, Archeops, Swellow (if you get the Toxic Orb), Staraptor, Simple Swoobat, Sigilyph, Braviary, Vivillon and Hawlucha.

For Poison types, you've got Muk, Weezing (though it's only really usable as physical wall. which it does great, but not as well as Gourgeist. though it does get Destiny Bond), Nidoking, Toxicroak, Dragalge, Venomoth, Tentacruel, Scolipede and Roserade.

Again, if curious, I can explain and give sets for em.

-Thing is, we don't have Thunder. It's unknown if we ever WILL have that. Instead, since I see you've got that Ninetales, get Heliolisk. With Solar Power, it's gonna be hitting insanely hard. Also has neat coverage options like Surf (which you shouldn't use in sun, but still), Grass Knot and Dark Pulse. GK, Thunderbolt, HP Ice and DP are it's best set IMO. At least until we get a Hyper Voice tutor, which we may never get because HP is really good for Sylveon/Aurorus.

-Again, Solar Beam is like Thunder. Breed Energy Ball for now. For Heliolisk, you'll obviously want to get it a Heat Rock to extent Drought duration. Also, Will-o is useless. Ninetales is best of either setting up and sweeping or coming in, nuking something with Drought Fire STABs and leaving. I've found the sweeping option to work decently well and Fire/Grass/Rock is perfect coverage (Ground is pretty good too), so get Hidden Power Rock/Ground. And then, either try being a sweeper and keep Nasty Plot or go with hit-and-run and replace NP with Extrasensory (of course, you don't have to NP every single time, you can still hit'n'run. and Psychic coverage is nothing special, so yeah)

---Now I COULD give some recommendations for your 6th team member, but that'd be way easier to do if I knew your first 5 for sure. To rephrase, you keeping Aggron/Crobat or what are you replacing them with (or do you need me to go into detail about their possible replacements)?

Ninetales bulk is non-existant... at least this late in the game, going for Timid/Modest and Speed IV's is the better choice.

Sturdy (Or Rock Head if you plan on breeding Head Smash) is more useful in Aggron than Heavy Metal, maybe going with Head Smash, Iron Head, Earthquake and Automotize/Rock Polish do wonders. Obviously Adamant and full Speed & Attack.

I don't like recoil moves in game, and Acrobatics do virtually about the same damage, so maybe that's an option for Crobat.

For Kingdra you got two great options:

• Offensive Dragon Dance, with Waterfall and Outrage (Breeding with Axew). Last move is up to you.
  • Sniper abuse, give it a Scope Lens and Focus Energy, and all attack will Critical Hit. So now your DPulse (Best option while we wait for Draco Meteor) and Surf will kill everything).

Good stuff, good stuff.

-The most common sleep-inducing moves are still really rare. And they're Sleep Powder/Spore, which Gourgeist is immune to cause it's a Grass type. Make it either Pickup to find some neat junk or Frisk to scout ahead for surprises.

-Aggron is really not that good. It's got a lot of physical bulk, but you've got a Gourgeist! You don't need bulk, you need a good attacker and Aggron...isn't one.

If you REALLY wanna keep it, ditch Rock Polish. Aggon can outspeed stuff at +2 if you have near-maxed speed, but even then, it just doesn't have the power to be a Rock Polish sweeper. Also, Iron Head or Heavy Slam are way better as your Steel STAB because...they can actually hit things. To replace RP, your options are limited if you're keeping EQ...Brick Break? Or use Munchlax to get Body Slam for the paras (you can keep EQ since Munchlax gets it too).

Buuuuuuuuut, I'd really advise replacing it. The first thing that comes to mind is Rhyperior because it's also a slow physically bulky (maybe even bulkier because of Solid Rock, depends on how you look at it) Rock type, but it's got a really good attack stat and great movepool (Poison Jab, Megahorn, all elemental fangs, Crunch/Shadow Claw, Metal Burst/Counter, Brick Break/Hammer Arm). You also have other Rocks like Archeops, any Shell Smasher, Gigalith, Tyrantrum, Aurorus, Relicanth.

For Steels, Durant is godly. Hustle gives it effectively 190 base Attack, and it gets Hone Claws to boost that even more and make up for Hustle's accuracy drops. Other great Steel types are Metagross, Bisharp, Empoleon, Excadrill, Escavalier.

If any of those^^ interest you, say so and I'll come up with some sets.

-Crobat is way better as a Nasty Plot attacker. Air Slash, Venoshock, Nasty Plot, Hidden Power Fighting/Ground. It's especially good if you have some Toxic Spiker around, even if it's just a level 1 Sturdy Pineco.

Though it might end up being useless if it can't set up (and physical Crobat is not the best), so if you want some replacements:

For Flying types, there's Honchkrow, Archeops, Swellow (if you get the Toxic Orb), Staraptor, Simple Swoobat, Sigilyph, Braviary, Vivillon and Hawlucha.

For Poison types, you've got Muk, Weezing (though it's only really usable as physical wall. which it does great, but not as well as Gourgeist. though it does get Destiny Bond), Nidoking, Toxicroak, Dragalge, Venomoth, Tentacruel, Scolipede and Roserade.

Again, if curious, I can explain and give sets for em.

-Thing is, we don't have Thunder. It's unknown if we ever WILL have that. Instead, since I see you've got that Ninetales, get Heliolisk. With Solar Power, it's gonna be hitting insanely hard. Also has neat coverage options like Surf (which you shouldn't use in sun, but still), Grass Knot and Dark Pulse. GK, Thunderbolt, HP Ice and DP are it's best set IMO. At least until we get a Hyper Voice tutor, which we may never get because HP is really good for Sylveon/Aurorus.

-Again, Solar Beam is like Thunder. Breed Energy Ball for now. For Heliolisk, you'll obviously want to get it a Heat Rock to extent Drought duration. Also, Will-o is useless. Ninetales is best of either setting up and sweeping or coming in, nuking something with Drought Fire STABs and leaving. I've found the sweeping option to work decently well and Fire/Grass/Rock is perfect coverage (Ground is pretty good too), so get Hidden Power Rock/Ground. And then, either try being a sweeper and keep Nasty Plot or go with hit-and-run and replace NP with Extrasensory (of course, you don't have to NP every single time, you can still hit'n'run. and Psychic coverage is nothing special, so yeah)

---Now I COULD give some recommendations for your 6th team member, but that'd be way easier to do if I knew your first 5 for sure. To rephrase, you keeping Aggron/Crobat or what are you replacing them with (or do you need me to go into detail about their possible replacements)?

Damn, i was hoping to have built a decent team this time, evidently not ahah :/ (english as bad as always)

Never thinked of Tyrantrum, it'd be a better choice, you're right (however i need to catch a tyrant, but i'll do it one way or another)

I really like crobat, so i think i'll keep it as a Nasty Plot attacker as you've suggested

However still need a 6th team member, any advice?

Edited by AndSoThereIsSt3ffo

Damn, i was hoping to have built a decent team this time, evidently not ahah :/ (english as bad as always)

Never thinked of Tyrantrum, it'd be a better choice, you're right (however i need to catch a tyrant, but i'll do it one way or another)

I really like crobat, so i think i'll keep it as a Nasty Plot attacker as you've suggested

However still need a 6th team member, any advice?

Depends. Are you using Tyrantrum instead of Aggron? Also, about the Electric type, whatcha gonna go with? Turns out, Thunder IS possible on Galvantula via E12 breeding because Illumise/Volbeat are in the Human-like Group for SOME reason (just added the chain to the guide), but you have to choose between Thunder and Energy Ball. Heliolisk's Thunderbolt in Sun hits WAY harder than Galvantula's Thunder.

Depends. Are you using Tyrantrum instead of Aggron? Also, about the Electric type, whatcha gonna go with? Turns out, Thunder IS possible on Galvantula via E12 breeding because Illumise/Volbeat are in the Human-like Group for SOME reason (just added the chain to the guide), but you have to choose between Thunder and Energy Ball. Heliolisk's Thunderbolt in Sun hits WAY harder than Galvantula's Thunder.

I'm gonna replace Aggron with Tyrantrum, and about Galvantula i'm gonna change it for Heliolisk (as you suggested i intend to use it in combination with Ninetales)

IMO I recently used a physhical Crobat (Acrobatics, Cross Poison, Confuse Ray, Rain Dance/Sunny Day) and it worked very well.

Your team is very physhical oriented, but if you don't mind that Azumarril is one of the best Water type in the game, or Sheer Force Feraligatr with Dragon Dance can destroy everything too.

Aggron is just OK, not gamebreaking, but does the job with the correct set, if you want a Steel type that's more reliable Durant, Metagross and Escavalier are better options.

Gourgeist need another ability (Pick Up can help you get cool items, and Frisk can help you against some stuff trollAme may have prepared).

I can't say much more, probably your team lack a good Fighting type (Lucario? Medicham? Gallade?), but not much more.

Got it, i'm gonna change Gourgeist ability (Frisk probably, i don't wanna get caught by the incoming trolls, and i'm sure Ame is preparing a lot of them)

Not 100% sure about crobat, but running it special it's better in my opinion

Thanks for the suggestions about Azumarill and Feraligatr, gonna keep these in mind for the 6th tm

Well, Durant fits just about anywhere. You do have another Fire weakness in Gourgeist, but you have Ninetales and Tyrantrum that'd take nothing from fire moves (and Gourgeist has a 50% chance at living a Darmanitan's Flare Blitz, so yeah). Jolly, Max Attack and Speed, STABs, Rock Slide and Hone Claws (E12).

Since Aggron's gone, you have no resist for Rock types (which should be no big deal cause you have Gourgeist and likely EQ on Tyrantrum, but still) and Ice types. So a fighting type could work too (as could Durant's steel). You've got Hitmonlee, Mienshao Hawlucha and perhaps-ideally-to-not-let-a-Psychic-weakness-get-way-out-of-hand, Scrafty. Already did sets for 'em, so I'll just copy-paste:

-Hitmonlee:Unburden, Blaze Kick, High Jump Kick, Bullet/Mach Punch, Thief (TM later) for Hitmonlee. Another option would be Reversal and Endure instead of High Jump Kick and Blaze Kick or the priority, that option lets you get the Unburden boost easier, though Gems are a thing, so it's no big deal anyways.

-Mienshao: Reckless, High Jump Kick, Knock Off, Acrobatics(E12 or TM waaaaay later)/Poison Jab(E12)/Rock Slide (E12) for Mienshao (Farfetch'd for Knock Off, Acrobatics and/or Poison Jab, Camerupt>Donphan>Mienfoo for Knock Off and Rock Slide(Acrobatics is a TM you get way later)).

-Hawlucha: Unburden, High Jump Kick, Acrobatics, Swords Dance/Poison Jab(E12)/Rock Slide(E12) for Hawlucha (just continue the chain for Mienshao to get these moves onto Hawlucha) (Feather Dance is also an option to make setting up stupidly easy, which is why I'd say it's the best Fighting type in the game right now)

-Scrafty: Moxie, Dragon Dance, Ice Punch, High Jump Kick, Crunch for Scrafty. Since this one doesn't have Unburden, you can give it a Wide Lens to make High Jump Kick 99% accurate.

You've also got Poison and Steel covered, so you can use a Fairy type. Sylveon comes to mind. It's not the most stable with it's attacks, because one of the best reasons to use it is Pixilate Trump Card. 390 BP on the last hit. And all TC hits are at LEAST 80 BP, but you can run out easily (though you can also "set it up" easily, just waste some PP on wild Pokemon before a major battle).

For other Fairy types:

-Clefable's got a pretty bullshit set. Cute Charm, Minimize, Cosmic Power, Charge Beam, Stored Power...I think you see the gimmick there. Gets boring after a while, but hey, it works.

-Granbull's a good combo of bulk and power. It gets Intimidate as ability and then all elemental Fangs, Crunch, Play Rough, CC, Outrage, EQ via E12.

-Azumarill! Huge Power, Aqua Jet, Waterfall, Play Rough, Belly Drum/Bounce/Superpower/Brick Break/Body Slam.

And there's Water types. I noticed Kingdra was mentioned here, but...no. The only reason anyone uses it in competitive is either because it's the only Dragon you can somewhat use on a Rain Team OR as a Focus Energy Draco Meteor spammer (because crits ignore attack drops), but you're not using rain and we don't have DM.

Though there ARE some great water types around. They may find Ninetales' Sun annoying, but just save before a battle, see what's ahead of you and maybe don't use Ninetales or take off it's Heat Rock or something. Again, copy-paste!

Kingler, Crawdaunt, Huntail, Clawitzer, Empoleon and Relicanth are the ones that...do anything worth a team slot, while Feraligatr, Empoleon and Gorebyss are the best Water types in the game IMO. Sets:

-Sheer Force, Agility, Waterfall, Rock Slide/X-Scissor/Brick Break/Knock Off for Kingler (Archen>Corphish>Krabby for RS and KO in E12, Kricketune/Karrablast/Ninjask/Dwebble>Skorupi>Krabby for XS and KO in E12, Corphish>Archen>Anorith>Krabby for all RS and XS or all three in E12)

-Adaptability, Knock Off, Waterfall/Crabhammer, Swords Dance/Dragon Dance, Aqua Jet/Rock Slide(E12)/X-Scissor(E12)/Brick Break. Aqua Jet is pointless if you aren't using SD, chains for RS and XS are the same as for Krabby.

-Water Veil, Waterfall, Shell Smash, Ice Fang, Sucker Punch for Huntail.

-Mega Launcher, Water Pulse/Scald(E12), Ice Beam(E12)/Dark Pulse/Dragon Pulse/Aura Sphere/Sludge Wave for Clawitzer, the chain for Ice Beam and Scald is in the guide.

-Rock Head/Sturdy, Head Smash, Waterfall, Earthquake(E12), Zen Headbutt/Yawn for Relicanth (Whiscash for Zen Headbutt and EQ, Wooper or Whiscash for EQ).

-Any Ability, Surf, Ice Beam(E12), Hidden Power Grass/Electric, Shell Smash for Gorebyss. Psychic is also an option for a 3rd attack if you're too lazy to get the right Hidden Power, but HP Grass/Electric works much better. You can also go with Baton Pass.

-Torrent, Agility, Surf/Scald(E12)/Hydro Pump, Ice Beam(E12), Grass Knot for Empoleon. Chain in the guide.

-Sheer Force, Waterfall, Ice Punch, Crunch, Dragon Dance for Feraligatr.

There's also the mystery egg from the police in the Jasper Ward, which can give you, for Water types, Tentacruel, Starmie and Azumarill. For those:

-Liquid Ooze, Sludge Wave, Scald(E12)/Surf, Ice Beam(E12), Wring Out/Acid Spray. Or be real and use SD(E12), Waterfall, Poison Jab, Knock Off Tentacruel which is surprisingly fun.

-Natural Cure, Hydro Pump, Psychic, Power Gem, Icy Wind/Minimize.

-Huge Power, Belly Drum/Waterfall/Aqua Jet/Play Rough/Bounce/Superpower/Brick Break/Body Slam.