Pokemon Reborn Experiences

Honchy

When I first started playing Pokemon Reborn, I set my expectations way too low. I thought it was going to be another run of the mill game, but I was wrong. My jaw was dropped on the ground after playing a while, and since the game is so long, you will become attached to your companions. I became so attached to my critters that I thought they were really there. I only used the recommended six pokemon and they were all different types as a challenge.

Pimplup the Empoleon: a scrapper and a fighter. He had class and a fighting beak. From the minute I got him, I knew we were going to be best friends.

Fedorable the adorable Eelektross: Okay, maybe not that cute, but he sure knew how to rumble with his static jaws.

420 Blaze it the Camerupt: He may not have been the strongest fighter, but I used him all the way. Most would just use him as a numel and then throw it out, but I kept it through thick and thin.

Air Horn the Staraptor: The real sasuke of the place. Always causing a brawl and beating the ever-loving crap out of everything. My best moment with him was when he fought the .lv. 75 arceus alone. He may be adamant, but sometimes that's a good thing.

Dorito Punch the Pangoro: Scrafty would win the popularity contest, but Pangoro gets access to body slam (to make up for lost speed) sky uppercut, and iron fist.

Illuminati the Roserade: The technician using, petal dance spamming, weather ball blasting mofo himself. A pain in the ass to get, but so worth it. It was also a pain in the ass to evolve budew, and involved a ton of bicycle riding. You cost a ton but you are a star.

I would love to see your comments as well, thanks for reading. :D

Pretty balanced team overall, and nice nicknaming, injecting some personality into the mons~LOL and i see the pattern, you have a penchant for slow but hard hitting mons(except for Roserade and Staraptor of course), only one of your team members overlap with mine, Empoleon, i take it it is your starter, mine is from 7th street event, Empoleon is such a dear~

Reborn is well-executed in all aspects including character development, frame-story plot line, creative battles, and even the clever, unfrustrating puzzles that you will face. Glad to see that you've become attached to your fighting companions, I know I have as well.

The struggles of using 6 Pokemon are real. But it just doesn't feel right to me if I used more than 6, because I get less attached to them.

I can understand using Camerupt to the end. The thing basically swept Florinia to Shade, and it pretty much got fat from how much I had to feed it common candies >.<

Roserade is damn power. I spent about 10k at the salons. It may not seem much, but it was early game, and I basically walked around broke before Florinia. Giga Drain, 90BP Hidden Power, Toxic Spikes and Nature Power for coverage really helped me kick some ass.

The only other game to ever make me this attached to my pokemon team was my BRUTAL emerald nuzlocke i did like 5-6 years ago, this game immortalizes your team as companions.

Much love for based Camerupt, though I never caught one on my ep 15 run through.

Edited by Grizzlybrand

I got introduced to this game by muh friend RD and I had my expectations sky-high due to his descriptions and comments on the game. Needless to say, my expectations were met. I can replay this game every new episode that comes out and it can still feel "fresh" because its world is just so rich and full of adventures. I don't feel the need to use over 6 pokemon in my runs, but I sometimes do if I feel like I rly want to use a certain pokemon

I found Reborn from Shofu video so at that time I know that Reborn is hard as hell and yes it is.my first play thought fail,well not fail but I quit because I can't beat Shade in E.8 then when 13 came out I start playing it again with better team and after I play for awhile E.14 came out after that I joined this community...wait why I'm I typing this I suppose to tell my Reborn experiences not my life story. :huh:

My best Reborn experiences is when ever I beat any boss in Reborn(gym leaders,meteor bla bla bla)I got so hype sceaming YASSSSS!in my room alone which is kinda weird...right?or is anyone did what I do when I beat boss too?another thing is the story,if you play this game the first time(or anytime)without reading the story man you don't know what you just missed.BEST STORY EVER!I like how it's base on real life Reborn league admit it this is really cool.and the music is well I don't need to say because Glitch is really good at mixing Pokemon music.

• Global Mods

I heard about Reborn sometime in early 2014 and it seemed awesome, but there was one specific thing about it that turned me off. I don't remember what it was now. I heard about it again in December and it sounded and looked amazing, so I did start playing with high expectations.

I heard about Reborn from my Ex. And when he first started talking about it, I didn't think I'd like to play the game, because he made it sound like it was more leaning towards shock value/tryhard dark'n'edgy, and more focussed on horror than actual story. I don't remember what exactly did make me ask for the link in the end, but at some point I simply decided I'd try it.

Maybe because hey, I love Pokémon, but I'd played all the canon games so often that they weren't as exciting any more.

So when I actually played the game, I was completely taken by surprise about how well-done the story is and how challenging things got.

The game got me hooked before I even got my first badge, and all I can say is that I really, really didn't expect that.

Like OP, I feel great attachment to the 'mons of my first playthrough. While I did not keep my "original six" throughout the entire game, I did often cling to early Pokémon for a very long time.

I didn't box my Noctowl until Charlotte, when I could finally pick up my favourite -available- Flying type, Staraptor.

The one that I easily feel the most attachment to is my Klinklang. Sure, I can get better Steel types. Heck, I do have Metagross. But I love Klinklang and I especially love this Klinklang.

Part of what I like about Reborn's difficulty is that yeah, sure, I can go full strategy and rotate my team to have the best chances against every boss, but to this day I've also always found a way to somehow defeat my opponent with the team I want to have.

This game made me curse way too much.

And I love it.

I have way more than 6 Pokemon, and a lot of people seem to claim that it makes you less attached to them, but that hasn't been the case at all! There are so many Pokemon I've used, some of them I've always liked, and some of them I've learned to appreciate, but I love them all! I couldn't bear to put them away forever, even if they're not the greatest. I still have Butterfree from Peridot Ward's Garden, and Magcargo from Pyrous Mountain, and the ones I have had to retire have their very own box, so that they will always be remembered, even if it was just for one battle like Meowth or Carnivine <3 Everyone has had and likely will continue to have their uses, one way or another, so I'm not going to discount any of them right away.

I think I might be on the verge of losing them, though... my computer with my savefiles is currently... broken? Glitchy? I don't know what's up with it, or if it can even be fixed, so for now I have to derp around on my sister's computer and try to make progress on my flying monotype ._.

Overall I think Reborn is the best Pokemon hack/remake since the Ruby Destiny series back in the day. I was on close terms with its creator, DestinedJaGold. Haven't heard from him in years but still see him around on Pokecommunity from time to time. However now I can affirmatively say that this is the best one I've ever seen, followed by Zeta, then Rejuvenation, finally Glazed. Albeit, Glazed is actually a ROM...

I seriously think these from-scratch games hold a better torch than hacked ROMs. There are few good ROMs these days, but these homebrew mechanic games are really something.

Many think that its fun to go with 6 members and others think rotation mons are cool. At the end that's your opinion and the reason why your experience was amazing. I used alot of Pokemon and I have a box full of them as a way to immortalise them. They helped me along this grand adventure and for that I'm thankful to each and every one. I admit there were sometimes where I wanted to punch the computer but at the end we pulled through. The reason I was interested in reborn was the challenge. No not just the difficulty. The game just says to you "do you have what it takes to be the most badass trainer yet. Do your pokemon pals have the guts? Then bring it on!"

• 2 weeks later...

My initial experience with Reborn was brutal. I struggled through pretty much everything after Kiki. I was still in the whole "just use the same 5-6 pokemon, any more is a waste of time" mindset I got while playing the official games and refused to catch different pokemon on every obstacle, except for two of the gym leaders, Aya and Charlotte(this was in episode 13, by the way). I caught different pokemon for those two because I eventually got frustrated and just decided to find something to counter them. I don't quite remember what I used in that run because my old computer borked, and I couldn't be bothered to get the files from the hard drive.

I had a much easier time with my second run. Now that I knew what to watch out for and started using reserve pokemon. Aya was much easier this time and I was ready for Charlotte. I brought a water type and Tyrantrum to deal with her. And then Terra happened. And there was much rage that day due to gen 1 mechanics.

I love and hate this game at the same time. God bless you, Amethyst, you insane, sadistic person.