Need some more team members

MechsftwStan

Hi! I recently started playing Reborn. I have 4 pokemon nearing the level cap, but I need at the very least 2 more pokes for a real team.

I currently have:

Blaziken (Speed boost + bulk up)

Klingklang (Shift gear + gear grind)

Noivern

Meowstic (Dual screens, Sucker Punch, Psychic)

I have just gotten to the part where I find those rideable Tauros at route 1. Could anyone please help me with finding some new team members so I can have a more balanced team? Please also include locations! Thanks!

You've made it to route 1 with only 4 pokemon! I must say I'm impressed.

You can get a galvantula in the north adventurine woods which I've heard is a good bug and electric type. You can get it pretty much where you're at.

You want the tanky one or offensive one?

For tanky water types:

Gastrodon - Only one weakness, with great HP and can also be quite offensive, and since your team has noivern and blaziken, i dont think grass would be a problem

Carracosta - Fossil revived in spinel town, Solid Rock can minimize SE damage, plus Rock typing is great offensively, with excellent defense, White Herb and Shell Smash combo ftw~

For offensive water types:

Empoleon -Piplup in 7th street event, great special attack and defense, and typing, but you've already got Klinklang, if you are not afraid of having repeated type, Empoleon can be great on your team

Azumarill - Huge Power can ditch out a great deal of damage, Mystery Egg content

Oh and also there is Ludicolo

Ludicolo - ability Rain Dish, and item leftovers/Big Root and Leech Seed(egg move, might have to breed) stall the heck out of opponent, with its somewhat decent HP and special defense~

Edited by TimTim

In terms of another pokemon, you could go for Gardevoir, IF your mystery egg is preset to be something else (ironically, I got azu in ep9, and guess what the mystery egg turned out to be! GOD DAMMIT.). The Fairy typing covers the one typing that's not covered - Dragon - and that type generally would wreck three of your current pokes if Saphira/Lin's Dragonite/Hydreigon decide to be OP as fugu and hit us like trucks (I know Solaris' Garchomp does).

I'd also recommend Sharpedo for an offensive Water type, but that's really if you're willing to ditch the defense and ideally, mach punch/extremespeed could very easily OHKO Sharpedo if you're unlucky enough with it.

WARNING: SPOILER ALERT!

In terms of storyline, I'd invest in something thats either resistant to Special attacks or psychic/rock attacks. You'll find that it'll very much come in handy in the short run, and for more than one reason. In this event, I'd actually suggest Sharpedo, but check out my spoiler hint if you'd like:

Go for something extremely slow and tanky. Shuckle is kiiinda out of the question due to it's bug typing; perhaps a ghost type? I'm thinking a very specific NFE pokemon that tends to be used- ah forget it, I mean dusclops. the thing is a bloody wall. Remember, Slow is key, ESPECIALLY for the next gym.

If I could suggest other types, I find that Florges, Sylveon, Bibarel(Yes, Bibarel) Gourgeist, Golurk, and Dusclops/Duskinoir are extremely good pokemon in general, but that really just is because of the fact that they're Ghost types and I have a distinct affinity for the Deviant types (Ghost/Fairy/Dark/Dragon), and also the troller Bibarel.

Ideally if you can actually set up with Bibarel your enemies are well and truly screwed if they're not ghost types. Just breed Quick attack onto it, level it so that it gets curse and amnesia (you COULD put double team in the filler slot or something else), and smash foes to bits. It's funny (and painful) to watch for the most part.

Edited by Lynxiechan

Wow you reached route 1 with just 4 core pokemon, very very impressive. meh this shows how oped blaziken is XD

well if you want good water types here is a list of water types which are good. first off head over to this breeding guide. it will show you how to pass TM to pokemon via breeding in episode 12 of pokemon reborn

Special atk water types:

On a side note most special atk water types are not obtainable early i will mark those you can get by adding (obtainable) beside their names. i wont be telling the location and how to get them you can just head over to this thread to find out how to get them.

Kindra

Ability:swift swim

Nature:Modest/Timid

Surf

dragon pulse

Rain dance

Icy wind(replaced with ice beam if you breed in episode 12)

Milotic

Ability:Competitive

surf( can be replaced with scald if you wanna breed in episode 12)

Icy wind(move tutor,can be replaced with ice beam if you breed in episode 12)

Dragon pulse(egg move)

Recover

Lapras

Ability: Water absorb

Nature:Modest

Surf(can be replaced with scald)

Ice beam

Freeze Dry(egg move)

Dragon pulse( breeding,can be replaced with thunderbolt if you breed in episode 12)

Lanturn

Ability:Volt absorb

Discharge

Signal Beam

Icy wind(ice beam if you wanna breed in episode 12)

Surf

Clawitzer

Ability:Mega launcher

Dark pulse

Dragon pulse

Water pulse

Aura sphere

Ludicolo(obtainable)

Ability:Swift swim

Energy ball(gotten by not evolving lotad until lvl 36)

Nature power

Rain Dance

Hydro pump/Bubble Beam/Surf/Scald

Run with hydro pump if you wanna gamble and do tons of dmg when it is raining,Bubble beam if you dont wanna risk and dont wanna breed, Surf is the safest and strongest water type move available but u cant get it yet so yeah. Scald is for when you wanna breed in episode 12.

Starmie(obtainable but is only gotten from mystery egg event)

Ability:Natural Cure

Psychic

Light Screen/Power gem/minimize

Rain dance/icy wind/Recover

Hydro pump/Brine/Bubblebeam/Surf

Well you can run hax/evasion Starmie set up a few minimize use recover when needed and atk with psychic and hydro pump/brine/bubblebeam. Run with hydro pump if you wanna gamble. use brine or bubble beam if want to play safe and replace it with surf once you get surf.

Dewgong(obtainable if you got it from completing the daycare event the a girl will either give you a seel egg or cacnea egg)

Ability:Hydration

Rain Dance

Rest

Ice beam

Brine

Vaporeon(obtainable)

Ability:Water Absorb

Muddy water/surf(replace muddy water with surf once u get surf)

Aurora beam

Hydro pump

Rain Dance/Hp ground

Golduck(obtainable if you have a copy of episode 14 or older you can buy a psyduck from the arcade for 1000 coins)

Ability:Swift swim/C9

Nature: Modest/Timid

Rain Dance/ Hydro Pump

Water Pulse/Scald

Icy wind/ice beam

Mud bomb

Well you will 100% need to breed for golduck as the moves it learn are mostly physical. well Etesien, the guru of breeding and the maker of the breeding thread has a link of episode 12 in his tread so head over there to get your free link to episode 12 do read the guide before converting/switching to episode 12. Also i think he missed the breeding chain for golduck so i will put the chain for you.(scald,Ice beam,mud bomb panpour>psyduck/buizel/wooper>remoraid>wooper>psyduck)

Jellicent(obtainable via mystery egg event)

Ability:Water Absorb

Shadow ball/hex

Water spout

Recover(egg move)

Ice beam(breeding in episode 12)

Run hex when you are a team which can set up toxic spikes if not just run shadow ball(sadly you cant get shadow ball tm anymore) so i guess you are kinda forced to stick with hex. also i would run trick room when using jellicent so you can pull off a fast water spout to do tons of dmg.

Tentacruel(obtainable via mystery egg event)

Ability:Clear body

Nature: Modest/Timid

Toxic spikes

Venoshock/Hex

Sludge wave/venoshock

Scald/surf/Hydro pump

well i would run hex+venoshock+toxic spikes+any water move because hex and venoshock will become 130 bp if the mons coming out are poisoned by toxic spikes.

Blastoise(obtainable)

Ability:Rain dish

Dragon pulse(egg move)

Water spout/Hydro pump/scald/surf/water pledge

Rain dance

Ice beam(breeding in episode 12)

Just choose 1 water type move you want. dragon pulse is there cause dragon hit most things with NE except for steel and fairy.

physical atk water type

Azumarill(obtainable via mystery egg event)

Ability:Huge power

Nature:Jolly/Adamant

Aqua jet(egg move)

Belly drum(egg move)

Superpower( can be replaced with waterfall if you don't want coverage)

Play Rough

Carracosta(obtainable if you did the spinel museum event before beating pulse abra)

Ability:Rock solid

Nature:Adamant

Aqua jet(can be replaced with waterfall)

Shell smash

Aqua Tail(can be replaced with waterfall)

Rock Slide

Barbaracle(obtainable0

Ability:Tough Claws

Nature:Adament

Item: wide lens(needs this item cause well his move accuracy is not that good)

Razor shell

shell smash

Stone edge

Cross Chop

Floatzel(obtainable)

Ability: swift swim

Nature: Adamant/Jolly

Aqua jet

Ice fang

Crunch

Aqua tail

here are some more mons you can consider adding into your team

Aggron(obtainable)

Ability:Rock head/sturdy

Nature;Adamant

Double-Edge(replace with iron tail if not running rock head)

Head smash(egg move, replace with rock slide when not running rock head)

Iron head

Brick break

Rampardos(obtainable)

Ability: sheer force

Nature:Adamant

Zen headbutt

Head smash

Iron head(egg move, can be replaced with iron tail move tutor)

Rock tomb/screech/crunch(Tm rock tomb gotten from the water treatment plant after you complete it and can surf around late game so i would go for screech first)

Scrafty(obtainable)

Ability: Moxie

High jump kick

Crunch

Facade(dragon dance if you are breeding)

Brick Break(drain punch if u are planing to breed)

Acheops(obtainable if you complete spinel museum event before beating pulse abra)

Ability: Defeatist

Acrobatics

Rock slide

Dragon Claw

U-turn

Mamoswine(obtainable)

Ability:Snow clock/Thick fat

Ice shard

Icicle crash(breeding needed for this)

Earthquake

Mist( mist is an awesome move in reborn cause you can change the field using mist)

Tyrantrum

Ability: Rock head

Nature;Adamant/Timid

Head smash

Dragon claw

Earthquake

Rock slide/dragon dance (DD is an egg move)

Aurorus

Ability:Refrigerate

Freeze Dry

Hyper beam

Ancient Power

Ice beam

hmm that all for now i think good luck and hope you enjoy the rest of your reborn journey.

Edited by Luna

well there are 3 water types in the mystery egg event. so 3/16 chance to get a water type XD from mystery egg or u can just swap to an older episode and get azurill 100%. Also you cant soft reset until you get what you want from mystery egg cause mystery egg is already determined at the start of the game.

Edited by Luna

Thank you very much guys! I think i'll try getting an azumarill from the mystery egg event, and possibly a Dusclops.... if I can manage to get it.

Eviolite(only if its feasible, oh dear) Dusclops plus Will-O-Wisp, that would be a breeze through physical based gyms~

well there are 3 water types in the mystery egg event. so 3/16 chance to get a water type XD from mystery egg or u can just swap to an older episode and get azurill 100%. Also you cant soft reset until you get what you want from mystery egg cause mystery egg is already determined at the start of the game.

^ Switch to Episode 9/10. Trading Growlithe for Azurill in ep... 11? 12? onwards overwrites the mystery egg event entirely; I tried to do it, being a smartass who wanted two azurills instead of one. ;-; I got two anyway because the damn mystery egg event generated an azurill D:<