RainbowGen Hardcore

Dragon116

Update #23

Now that Penthus has gotten the Fury Badge, it's time to head back to the Chateau and catch me some waves. Surf, ya know?

But when I get there, Titania is writing in her diary, and I am force to gaze upon the secrets within and create the start of E15 (even though this is The start of E12 or 13).

xkFin2D.png

nv079bD.png

Well, shame. Guess I need Waterfall too. Back to The start of Route 2 and take the shortcut to the giant ice block (hop those northern Crustles).

Oh, but before we go any further, I should introduce you to our new member, Heartbreak the Blastoise. Although I wanted a Ninetails, it just didn't make sense to bring one to a fire fight.

Alright so off we go to the ice block, oh no we're stuck, oh no the bridge collapsed, oh no I'm stuck with Aya. Yada yada, Aster and Eclipse!

LqOAIh6.png

BTW, I hope Ame puts a VS screen for them. They're a big part of the story. Simon and Tara could be argued too, but you hardly fight them.

Overall, this was a brutal fight. In fact, I died during it, but Aya kept going and finished them off for me. I couldn't keep track of all 12 pokemon they had, but I can tell you that Electivire and Milotic were the toughest for my team to face. Even Rue's Trick Room gag didn't help him deliver the damages necessary. Plus Wreckage lost it's White Herb (I shoulda bought more, oops). At the end, it was Aya's Tentacool and Gengar that finished them off.

YvtOND8.png

xwhmo8a.png

QWlFJFz.png

Lol Schrodinger's Meowth.I don't think that quite works here, as Calceon hasn't actually been hit yet.

So once I got past Aya getting captured and Eclipse getting roasted, it was off to Calceon to get my fire lit. But first Fern happens.

VkHXg1e.png

And a coop with Charlotte goes smoothly.

94NoKYM.png

Apxkvxy.png

Got the ring back, back to lighting my fire.

f10OMbW.png

Firebug Charlotte proved quite a fun, but obnoxious, challenge. I almost beat her my first try, but that damn Rotom managed to evade my attacks, and yet still landed its own. Ultimately, here's what happened.

Crime and PestilenceJr vs Typhlosion and Darmanian - I though she would open with Ninetails here, but this is still a lethal team. The only reason I opened with PestilenceJr is because of Mach Punch on Typhlosion, knocking it down to half health and drastically weakening its Eruption. PestilenceJr was clearly not a backbone here due to its Grass typing, but that Mach Punch did what it needed before Darmanian used Flare Blitz and KO'd it. Typhlosion used Eruption, taking out 45% of Crime's HP (ouch), but Crime KO'd Darmanian with Stone Edge.

Crime and Rue vs Typhlosion and Volcania - Crime opens here with Sucker Punch on Typlosion, as I don't expect it to live past this turn. And how right I was, when Volcania used Signal Beam, severely weakening me, and Typlosion followed up with Heat Wave, KOing poor Crime. Rue finished with Trick Room, and the opening for Heartbreak is complete.

Heartbreak and Rue vs Typhlosion and Volcania - Charlotte heals Typhlosion, giving me only one main focus. Rue goes with Psychic on Volcania, dealing some pretty good damage, and Heartbreak follows with Water Spout (egg move events FTW), severely injuring Typhlosion again and KOing Volcania before it could do anything. Then everyone took an accuracy drop.

Heartbreak and Rue vs Typhlosion and M.Houndoom - Once again Charlotte heals Typhlosion, while I call Rue in for Plight (so Rue won't get messed up due to the accuracy drop). Heartbreak goes with Water Spout again, almost wiping out Charlotte's side (stupid super-heated field), but M.Houndoom survives and hits us with Heat Wave, combusting the field again and seriously hurting Heartbreak and KOing Plight.

Heartbreak and Rue vs Typhlosion and M.Houndoom - Since Trick Room is still up, and Charlotte's on her last Hyper Potion (used on Typhlosion ofc), I nail Typhlosion with Psychic and wipe out Charlotte's side with Surf (even though Rue took damage, I couldn't afford to let Charlotte's side survive from Water Spout).

Heartbreak and Rue vs Ninetails and Rotom-Heat - Charlottes on her last two pokemon, but she's not going down without a fight. Rue hits Rotom-Heat with Psychic, but Heartbreak misses its attack due to the accuracy drops. I get annihilated by Volt Switch on Heartbreak (dies) and Solarbeam on Rue (seriously hurt).

Wreckage and Rue vs Ninetails and Rotom-Heat - We're both on our last pokemon, and Trick Room just ended. Ninetails strikes Rue first with Solarbeam, killing it. Rotom-Heat goes with Overheat, but I resist all the boost with about half my health left. I set up a Shell Smash, which is the only way I'm going to make it through this.

Wreckage vs Ninetails and Rotom-Heat - I go after Ninetails with Cross Chop because Sun + Superheated field make Razor Shell a no-go. Ninetails goes down, and Rotom-Heat goes with another Overheat, this time only taking out about 30%.

Wreckage vs Rotom-Heat - With only one chance at this, I go with Cross Chop....and I KO it! Luna all over again.

1CBCJzK.png

The spoils of the battle

V6k1xxB.png

Time to release another of our comrades. Who will it be? The contestants

lKoo8F9.png

(Yes I realize I forgot to name Blastoise. I had done it previously, but I had to revert my save when I screwed up the IVs.)

The Selection...

1okMfAL.png

The Release...

ySJBPZL.png

kI05rSQ.png

Sigh. Well, only Blake (no relase, woo), T3RRA, Chateau (no release, woo) and Ciel to go. Hoping that loss won't hurt.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aster and Eclipse kept the same teams, but I added Slurpuff for Aster and Mismagius for Eclipse and they really do a good job taking advantage of the field. Again, I'm impressed you beat Charlotte in two tries as it took me 8 I believe. She's a little bit stronger than her Pre-nerf form, but if that Houndoom is up when Ninetales is out. You're more or less screwed. Houdoom is evil. Doing it at those levels is also quite impressive (75 is still the cap but episode XIV is about 72).

Terra and Ciel are kind of weaker than what you've face, but Terra can still be a challenge. There is one little bonus fight in the next episode right before Terra if you want to fight him. If Jamak didn't put it in, I'm going to strangle him (I know I put it in for my version though).

There is one little bonus fight in the next episode right before Terra if you want to fight him. If Jamak didn't put it in, I'm going to strangle him (I know I put it in for my version though).

PLZ no strangling. The fight is in the LIG release.

If it's the developer, he's been broken since I met him in Onyx Ward. Every time I try to fight him, my game crashes. I have since given up talking to him. Also, it you use 4 aftermath Trubbish on Techie Jonathan, you can beat him that way. You'll probably blow well past the 20 lv cap though.

If it's the developer, he's been broken since I met him in Onyx Ward. Every time I try to fight him, my game crashes. I have since given up talking to him. Also, it you use 4 aftermath Trubbish on Techie Jonathan, you can beat him that way. You'll probably blow well past the 20 lv cap though.

It's not the developer...and I don't know what's up with that one since I can't test it (I don't have the coding for it). It's a different fight in the Glitch City. I have tested it on my version and it worked...so it should work on the official (don't know which one you're playing).

Also,

(Seriously, didn't even know it was possible to beat that early)

Update #23

Making another quick update as I doubt I'll have another one anytime soon.

So once Charlotte was gone, I headed back to civilization..or what passed for it in Agate Circus. Anyways, renamed Blastoise to Heartbreak, and grabbed my new G5, Frostburn the Vanilluxe. I got it EV trained in HP and Sp.A and Speed, with Weak Armour for that 1 turn 50% def and speed boost Etesian suggested to me for my 2nd run team.

Once that was taken care of, it was back into Ametrine Mountain to get to that PULSE Avalugg. Dropped Aqua Tail on Blastoise for it (and I plan to swap Waterfall and Dive in that slot assuming I still have it). Into the Rabbit Hole we go. Or Water Hole. Or PULSE Avalugg Hole, but that just sounds...creepy.

Not going to lie, this was a lot harder than my previous attempts. On my first run it was Belly Drum Hariyama, on my second run it was D-Bond Gardevoir. This time, well you'll see in a moment.

PestilenceJr vs P.Avalugg - Why go with a Grass type vs Ice? Well, my original plan was to Force Palm it, but that did such horrible damage I was forced to abandon that route. What it can do is Leech Seed, and that was my ticket through the fight. PestilenceJr goes down to Freeze Dry.

Crime vs P.Avalugg - Went with Stone Edge, but it became an Ice move (dammit) and was not very effective. Sturdy survived the Flash Cannon. Went with Sucker Punch, got a momentum boost from the field (#whut), and died to Freeze Dry.

Wreckage vs P.Avalugg - I thought I had this in the bag. I went with Cross Chop, knocked it into the yellow, and survived a Bulldoze. Then somehow the PULSE knew how to use a Full Restore (#doublewhut) so my next Cross Chop only did trinket damage. Leech Seed was still going well though, but not well enough to survive a Freeze Dry next turn. When Wreckages went down, P.Avalugg was just above 50%.

Heartbreak vs P.Avalugg - Some of you may have wondered why Blastoise had Protect. Well, this was the ultimate plan, inspired by Etesian's Gourgiest strategy. I open with Protect, blocking P.Avalugg's Bulldoze, and siphoning life off it with Leech Seed. Next turn is Dive, buying me another turn, and escaping a Freeze Dry! Phew. Blastoise emerges next turn, doing chip damage, and survives a Flash Cannon. One Protect later P.Avalugg goes down to leech damage.

mBvcZbr.png

Look how healthy Heartbreak is. He's all ready for another round of this trolling.

Off to Ametrine City to save the pink-haired pixie from the blue-haired asshat.

@ Hiroki - I'm sure Rue would be pleased. In regards to Blake, he's actually causing me quite a bit of grief. His Vanilluxe keeps being the major hurdle. Jynx being immune to Water attacks isn't helping on the front end, but Frostburn has been helping with that. 2 Blizzards drops Blake to yellow, which forces him to Hyper Potion them both, and gives me a free turn of set up. My current plan is to have Heartbreak die during that turn, and send in PestilenceJr and swap Vanilluxe for Crime during the healing turn, while PestilenceJr drops Rotom Frost. Or, if this proves futile, get either Fire or Steel types into the team to type trump him.

Also, there will be a pause in this until Monday earliest. I have recently reset my computer to factory to get rid of the problems that were plaguing my computer, the most major of which was system 32 continually crashing. Sorry to dampen my avid reader's spirits.

@ Hiroki - I'm sure Rue would be pleased. In regards to Blake, he's actually causing me quite a bit of grief. His Vanilluxe keeps being the major hurdle. Jynx being immune to Water attacks isn't helping on the front end, but Frostburn has been helping with that. 2 Blizzards drops Blake to yellow, which forces him to Hyper Potion them both, and gives me a free turn of set up. My current plan is to have Heartbreak die during that turn, and send in PestilenceJr and swap Vanilluxe for Crime during the healing turn, while PestilenceJr drops Rotom Frost. Or, if this proves futile, get either Fire or Steel types into the team to type trump him.

Ah Blake he definitely is not an easy opponent. Getting rid of the Hail will make him easier, but his team is quite good. Rotom was the main problem for me, but I used his Mega against him. Often, it came down to a Walrein vs Walrein and seeing I couldn't do significant damage...I'd always lose. This is the end so nothing is going to be easy, but there is a fight harder than him coming up (and no its not Terra...though she's not too bad tbh).

Update #24

Well, I'm back up and running. Got the hardcore that commander put up, hopefully the end game is the same. Also got Rejuv for my next fan game to play. But after this I'm going to play White 2 because I never played the sequels before. But before that, we need to finish this up.

So we last left off getting ready to go against Blake, the jackass with the attitude...and blue hair to distinguish him from the green-haired jackass with the attitude. But first, the path from PULSE Avalugg.

Once the Avalugg and gigantic iceburg was removed, Shelly apparently stalked me and commented that this was obviously a stupid place to put the Avalugg. My guess is this is Taka's work. But I follow Shelly through the new path and into Ametrine. Inside we learn that people are being starved! Oh the humanity. It actually took me awhile to figure out how to trigger the house event because I forgot who I was supposed to talk to. Eventually I did figure it out, and then Blake appears and is all "Get out." As if he owns this house. LIES!

Chasing him back to his apartment, we decide not to give him the ring, so he steals it (dem butterfingers be whack), and leaves us clueless. Since Shelly is relatively useless at this time, I leave the apartment and bump into Cal...who since dyed his hair blue to get back to his natural color (who the fuck has naturally blue hair besides Marge Simpson? Seriously).

TvPKeFA.png

PODhSn4.png

Poor Shelly. She's the most traumatized character ever. I thought Luigi was bad.

BTW, Heather is E4

KVpShoS.png

zNwmp7k.png

He tells us about the secret passageway in his house, and we go back into the apartment for the clue hunt. After many bits and piece fall together, the bookcase opens and we find the passage to the food storage unit. And inside we get this little redemption scene

X7shHbc.png

6tyWsNO.png

rm5Qvp2.png

Damn that girl has some attitude. I also wonder how she ever met Blake. Corey can't have introduced her because she was surprised to learn he was a meteor agent. Perplexing.

And then the feel good moment of reunion.

DRbHOvy.png

So once that's solved, we head off to the top of the mountain to chase Blake. I'm not sure why he would humor Cal this long, but whatever. Face smashing of the new "Meteor Aces." And then Heather meets Cal.

6b0I3RY.png

W980peP.png

Gee she sure got chipper.

So we work our way up the hill with Cal, switch off to Shelly at the stairway, she lose to Blake, and battle time!

qvmBNtG.png

Also, since I switched to a new version of the game, the text got magnified, but that's the only issue with the game.

PestilenceJr and Crime vs Jynx and Frost-Rotom - Took me forever to figure this out, but eventually I got the perfect opening combination. Sucker Punch from Crime against Jynx OHKO, Force Palm from PestilenceJr against Frost-Rotom OHKO. Score!

PestilenceJr and Crime vs M.Glalie and Vanilluxe - After a few tries, I figured this situation out. Crime is hopeless after this point, so I let him Sucker Punch Vanilluxe while I haul PestilenceJr in for Wreckage. M.Glalie hits Wreckage with Freeze-Dry for an OHKO, and Vanilluxe demolishes Crime with Blizzard.

Heartbreak and Frostburn vs M.Glalie and Vanilluxe - I figured Heartbreak would be the target of a Freeze-Dry and whatever Vanilluxe was going to do, but apparently M.Glalie derps and goes after Frostburn with Freeze-Dry, which made Heartbreak's Protect a wasted turn. Vanilluxe goes next with Flash Cannon against Heartbreak, which is blocked, so not an entire waste, but woulda done better to Water Spout and clear their field. Frostburn wraps the turn up with Blizzard, dropping M.Glalie about 1/3 and Vanilluxe into the yellow. Next turn Blake heals Vanilluxe as expected, while M.Glalie opens the turn with another Freeze-Dry against Frostburn. Frostburn retaliates with Blizzard, dropping M.Glalie down into the yellow and Vanilluxe about 1/3. Heartbreak follows through with a Water Spout, which fails to kill anything. Then, in a move that really surprised me, Blake has M.Glalie use explosion, dropping Heartbreak to 1 HP and killing everyone else. Then Heartbreak dies to hail so it's a 2-2 final.

Plight and PestilenceJr vs Weavile and Walrein - The only thing that could go wrong here is an Ice Shard from Weavile to PestilenceJr, but it doesn't happen so Weavile gets pwn'd with a Mach Punch. Plight goes next with a Wild Charge, rapidly depleting Walrein's HP...to 1. AAAAAAAAAHGHGGH. Walrein goes with Avalanche, which scares the crap out of me because I figured it was a double target attack...but only PestilenceJr dies. YAAAAY. Next turn Blake heals Walrein and I set up Charge, losing a little more health to my already recoil damaged Plight. Next turn the Wild Charge clears Walrein in one hit this time, leaving me with this

FBYdaOp.png

That's 56 HP on Plight, so definitely a close one.

XbzIUfw.png

Indeed it was you asshole. Gimme the ring or else!

VpVGhje.png

I really hate the MC. So fucking useless.

Once Blake takes off, we tell Cal about the sleep spell over Agate, and that it was Terra who told us. Our next assignment.

74fTp2m.png

zyNUlBm.png

And the team that got me through this

YjOHYxM.png

Glitch Field up next. Zoiks!

That Glalie is a demon. I'm like surprised Heartbreak could live that as that right there is the strongest attack in the game. Good job beating Blake and now all you have is one super tough battle ahead (well 3 if you count Terra and that bonus fight). Good luck and may lady luck be on your side. (See what I did...nevermind...you'll get it in like a day or two).

No I got it Commander. I see your reference, Let me just say MA is absurdly OP in there. Took 2 deaths to bring it down. Grim was also rather aggro, but I Leech stalled it. I'll have a full update maybe later today. But yes, that bonus fight was defeated.

EDIT: I hate RNG. I really, really do. Full story in many hours from now.

Edited by Dragon116

Update #25

I'm glad you all liked the Blake fight. He is an asshole, but it was definitely derseving of the hardcore title.

Well, with Blake defeated and T3RR4 outted, my only option was to trek back to Agate Circus (coulda used a friggin lift there Cal!!). Upon reaching the performers room, I see Samson and we discuss my new finding about T3RR4.

DBkh7pS.png

dCzrq50.png

No wonder T3RR4 is the Ciel Tamer. Rawr. She also is left aghast at the accusation the MC has against T3RR4.

h16ZgJf.png

Well of course the only way through this to to confront her ourselves.

56MXVDa.png

0fnDIvr.png

But why?

fpmY5qn.png

Not the classic supervillian I see. Perhaps some enhanced interrogation.

xjYG4dr.png

Wait what! No you -

XdgJhq1.png

Damn she's slippery. I guess it's time to play Digimon. Or Tron. Note to Ame - Add Tron reference. And maybe some hidden items.

aT8QvC3.png

Did you...just try...to kill...me? That's it babe, we're through!

Also, the murderer of Red/Blue speedruns right here

rsbULwk.png

Well we went on a nolstalgia run with old Mt.Moon, Victory Road, Lavender Town, and saw the olden days of Reborn.

UmLdUgU.png

Why look, even here it verifies there never was a lucky egg or exp. share. What witchcraft is Commander trying to cast on me? Oh wait here it is.

SERIOUS SPOILER! This is a super special awesome bonus fight. If you would prefer to keep it a surprise, do not open this following spoiler.

Last warning! Open at own peril of spoiler.Or you may end up like this

dDq1sbB.png

5O5bz2K.png

Indeed it wasn't. You are a sneaky fellow!

l6aDoeW.png

Hey, if I can help a Hiker find a room for rent, I'm sure I know of a few better places than a glitch Reborn Victory Road.

*Insert awesome VS pic here because Commander is too cheap to make one so here is a picture of cats*

oOoXYBU.jpg

zXKRYVq.jpg

Crime vs Zuko - Nice reference to Airbender there. Anyways, Drought Ninetails triggers, and it hits me with Solarbeam, I OHKO it with Stone Edge.

Frostburn vs Aya - Thank God Dragalage is half Dragon. I open with Blizzard, which OHKOs it.

Plight vs Abraham - Stupid Mega Alakazam. Due to glitch field rules, it's essentially only weak to Bug. Which I don't use. Luckily Plight survived an OP Psychic and dropped MA's defense with Crunch, doing a decent chunk of damage in the process. I die next turn to Energy Ball.

Crime vs Abraham - Only thing this is good for is Sucker Punch, which hits, doing another nice chunk of damage. Then I die to Energy Ball.

Frostburn vs Abraham - See what I mean, 2 dead and Abraham is still going strong. Frostburn survives Psychic and finishes Abraham off with Blizzard. Phew.

PestilenceJr vs Chubby - Being faster, stronger, smarter, and clearly more bionic than a Snorlax, a Force Palm OHKO's it.

PestilenceJr vs Grim - Evolite Dusclops. Dear Lord. Anyways I Leech Seed it, but I die to something. PestilenceJr isn't really defensive. It's all out or get rekt.

Heartbreak vs Grim - Even though Sun is still out, I go with the Leech-Stall. Heatbreak uses Protect and Dive before Dusclops can even move, giving 2 turns of Leech damage. Sun fades while I'm underwater, leading to crippling Dive. Grim hits me with Shadow Ball or something, but it dies to leech damage.

Heartbreak vs Umbreon (i forgot the nickname) - I pretty much spam Surf while Umbreon is powerless in my presence. Eventually Umbreon faints.

lv0SMRj.png

You can't wish lady luck on my side and then say I can't have her.

Definitely a good bonus fight. To all Hardcore runners with 1.7 and later, you'll like it.

Moving on to Mewtwo, it of course couldn't go without a boost. This one is Mega Y. Grr. My standard team had nothing on it, so I went back, swapped Heartbreak for Sturdy Magnemite that I named Aggression, and returned to give it a good pummeling.

Magnemite vs M. Mewtwo Y - I almost die to Psystrike, but Sturdy kicks in and lets me get off a Thunder Wave. I die next turn from Ice Beam.

PestilenceJr vs M. Mewtwo Y - I get off a Leech Seed and die to Psystrike.

Crime vs M. Mewtwo Y - Thanks to Sturdy, I survive the Ice Beam and get a lucky hit with Stone Edge. Leech damage kills M. Mewtwo Y. Game.

Mewtwo gets whiney and then teleports me to the Tower of T3RR4. It also won't let me backtrack so i'm stuck with a 5 pokemon team again, just like with Luna.

LmnzeNh.png

Frostburn vs Giovanni - I can't believe how fast this Nidoking is. Hits me with Sludge Wave, triggering my Weak Armor. I go with Freeze Dry as Blizzard wasn't making it a OHKO and would prompt a Hyper Potion or whatever. So one slow Freeze Dry and one fast Freeze Dry leaves one KO'd Giovanni.

Crime vs Exokill - Sturdy Counter. Nuff said.

Crime vs Hiphopotomus - I get off a Sucker Punch and fall to EQ. Overkill for 1 HP lol.

Frostburn vs Hiphopotomus - Blizzard gets first strike, and KO's it. I take a little sandstorm damage.

PestilenceJr vs Swagsire - I go with Seed Bomb and only manage about 30%. What the hell. I get Scalded, Burned, and damn near die. I go with another Seed Bomb for 15% and die to another Scald.

Wreckage vs Swagsire - I seriously expected this to go poorly, but Swagsire couldn't make a dent on Wreckage with any attack! I was flabberghasted, but I took full advantage of it and set up 3 Shell Smashes. At the end I went with Cross Chop and KO'd Swagsire.

Wreckage vs Clayboybunny - Surf OHKO. Ya, I had to teach surf since I didn't have Heartbreak.

Wreckage vs Rawrchomp -

t8SOfEg.png

I figured I had this in the bag. i go with Surf...and Rawrchomp survives with about 30% left. I die to something.

Frostburn vs Rawrchomp - T3RRA uses a Hyper Potion on Rawrchomp, while Frostburn thrashes it with Blizzard.

The spoils of the battle

p4EpyeM.png

5tFUU7M.png

OMG It's JULIA!

mRXw7dg.png

Well with this badge, it's time for our penultimate release (although granted our last release is pointless).

Here's the candidates

0m09knl.png

The Selection...

sNlYFGk.png

The Release...

DrCKu2w.png

NOOOOOO! STOP MAKING ME DO THIS YOU EVIL RNG.

1dR0w1X.png

Time to go save Amaria. I hate the RNG. I really, really, really, hate it.

Edited by Dragon116

ROLF! I am just dying right now. The fact that you've had this long of a streak is both sad and hilarious. The RNG must really hate Gen V especially with all those loses like Reuniclus, Chandelure, and now Vanilluxe. You'll coming toward the end though so I hope you can pass the final test (Ciel is pretty much the obligatory gym badge...which is why I say Solaris is the end of the mod). As for that other battle:

Zuko is actually my competitive lead Pokemon as most of my Pokemon are weak to water there. Abraham is another infamous Pokemon of mine, but generally I use it for Trick Scarf to stop Sweepers from setting up or stall teams. Most of my other Pokemon I usually don't nickname so I put in Nuzlocke names for all of them. It's also a test of skill to see if players can use the field to their advantage since most of my team revolves around Psychic type damage. I may eventually incorporate more field type fights like that if this gains enough popularity.

What's even more absurd is all my gen 5 releases have been in different spots, and yet somehow SOMEHOW!!! the RNG picks their exact spot.The amount of times this has happened almost makes it look like I'm doing this on purpose but I swear to God the selection is whatever the RNG gives me on first click. Zebstrika, Sweetbat, Scrafty, Escaliver, Renuculus, Chanlure, Vanilluxe, and probably someone else I'm forgetting. I love this type of challenge but I think if I do it again I'm dropping RNG in favor of a poll. At least people are more generous.

Also, my replacement for Frostburn is Malice the Cryogonal. I'm working on training it now. I'm upset that it has a -Speed nature, but hopefully with full EVs it will be able to beat Ciel's team because I can't spend another 20 minutes looking for one.

Update #26

So as you may or may not have read, the replacement for Frostburn was Malice the Cryogonal. I opted to make it speedy special sweeper, with reflect to give it serious defenses (135 base sp.d + reflect should be tanky enough). Planning to put a light clay on it, if that doesn't work I'm going to find an NeverMeltIce and see what shennanigans I can do.

Once Malice was EV trained, I shoved a Lucky Egg on it for quicker training and off we go to the WTC!

aewZuSb.png

OH HAI THERE VICKY! YOU"RE A BITCH! (will pretend I said nothing if I see her again)

Inside we find a distressed Titania

HdKiv74.png

Maybe distressed is a too generous of a word.

Well we proceed through the dead grunts and start rampaging through the sewage puzzle. But how is this for malice's first fight?

AJju2bv.png

One shot, several thousand xp. I was happy.

And then we confront Taka for a third time, where Titania calls his bluff and forces him to explain his bullshit.

lOJ8IST.png

k07aru8.png

After which even Titania grows half a heart.

PfYXPJt.png

4h2IfjU.png

Emphasis on half. Although i do empathize with her. I wish I could just tear through Siggy and the other Meteors like that too.

Where was I? Oh yes, wrapping up the puzzle. So we did that with the Swalot.

Swalot was a big fat meanie.

Crime vs P.Swalot (which was lv 90!!) - I use Sturdy to get a Rock Tomb off, giving my team a chance to do something against him. I die to Sludge Wave and water damage.

PestilenceJr vs P.Swalot - Only thing this is good for is Leech Seed, which I do, and then I die to Sludge Wave.

Malice vs P.Swalot - My plan was to weaken it and have Plight finish it, but after launching a Confuse Ray and Freeze Drying the hell out of it (with two Freezes!!), I blow through the Full Restore and continue nailing it, while Leech Seed continually removes the healing water on him, Levitate Malice prevents water damage, and Leech Seed heals the damage that thing did to me with Discharge and Sludge Wave. Finally P.Swalot goes down!

and then...

HkZJmjq.png

jdjoszy.png

We do. You need to stand up you wuss. Pull your big boy pants up and go talk to your father. Even if it means your death, it needs to be done.

But I oblige the fight because I'm hardcore baby. All must bow before my superiority!

EQDxvjK.png

Plight vs Klefki - This tanky little itch survived a boosted critical Wild Charge, then hits me for even more damage with Play Rough. So next turn I charge while Taka heals Klefki, and then I nail it in one shot with another Wild Charge, leaving me with 9 HP. Woo fodder.

Heartbreak vs M.Aerodactly - I'm a tad slow so I take a Stone Edge, but I survive and OHKO it with Surf.

Malice vs Cradily - I hit it with Ice Beam, but it survive with 45% left and kills me with Stone Edge. Poor Malice.

PestilenceJr vs Cradily - Force Palm KO's it.

Crime vs Chatot - Quite a scary situation when I get Chatter confused, but I pull through and nail it with Rock Tomb, which kills it after it already took Life Orb damage.

Plight vs Huntail - I tried to go first, but Huntail was quicker and killed me with Waterfall.

PestilenceJr vs Huntail - I hit it with Seed Bomb but took some damage from Crunch. Then, when Taka goes to heal, I hammer it with 2 Mach Punches to bring it down.

Crime vs Gliscor -

Q7lu7hn.png

WUUSSSSSS!

Without Sturdy Counter being an option, I use Sucker Punch to weaken Gliscor, and die to EQ.

Heartbreak vs Gliscor - I figure I'd hit it with a Surf, but I get critical hit with a EQ. Shit.

PestilenceJr vs Gliscor - Debated between Mach Punch and Seed Bomb, opted for Seed Bomb, and critical killed Gliscor! Phew!

Taka's a wuss. I wouldn't mind seeing a buff here though. Armaldo is too weak. Maybe my team was just properly balanced for this.

And that ends the WTC portion of this run. Next, and final, update will be Mansion and Ciel fights. May the odds be ever in my favor, because you've all seen the RNG sure as hell isn't.

Edited by Dragon116

Taka's a wuss. I wouldn't mind seeing a buff here though. Armaldo is too weak. Maybe my team was just properly balanced for this.

And that ends the WTC portion of this run. Next, and final, update will be Mansion and Ciel fights. May the odds be ever in my favor, because you've all seen the RNG sure as hell isn't.

Unless you're doing a mono flying, he's honestly kind of easy. I'm probably going to keep it that way because he kind of is a joke in the WTC even in regular reborn (it kind of makes the Solaris dialogue more fitting). Mega Aero is pretty much the only threat on his team (...I don't even know where Armaldo came from), but I'll probably edit his team a bit so that they are a bit more defensive and more sand based. Good luck on your last update...but Ciel is a disappointment too...sorry to spoiler you so the true end is Solaris imo.

Fixed that Armaldo to M.Aerodactyl. I probably got confused because I remember it was a weak fossil, and so I automatically assumed Armaldo. It's dissapointed me severely in battle factory before. Still, M.Aerodactly went down quick and couldn't kill Heartbreak. I think even if Taka had a strong team, his insolence would still be punished because he lets Titania get away. I still would rather have him give me a run for my money like he did during the 2nd PULSE Tangrowth.

Update #27 - FIN

This is going to be a very long post due to the number of awesome battles and Julia time. I think Julia and T3RR4 are related.

Once we exited the WTC, we see Julia running around a Flobot XV. And when we approach the Chateau, we are greeted with this scene.

qr9hcaW.png

F2ZwTo2.png

Daww, I'm touched. I'm an exclamation point. So what have we missed since we left Reborn?

djvWYx2.png

P7J1d81.png

Hmm, I don't like the way EXPLODED is capitalized.

mcCFKZ1.png

3RDcnsz.png

Oh geez, could it be Team Meteor?

dgDINFO.png

:Kappa: :Kappa: :Kappa: :Kappa: :Kappa: :Kappa:

fg9DQab.png

I heal up from the Taka fight and head inside for a series of fights that were really fun. Also quite a challenge, particularly the final matchup.

Ck0zKtM.png

Well, been nice knowing you Taka. Try to stay in touch?

Inside we take a defensive position and greet our first challengers, Meteor Ace Grunt and Gruntess.

Malice and Hippowdon vs Leavanny and Grumpig - Malice Ice Beams and OHKOs Lea. Grumpig uses Icy Wind for minor damage. Hippowdon uses Crunch, almost killing Grumpig.
Malice and Hippowdon vs Darmanitan and Grumpig - I haul in Malice for Wreckage. Grumpig Psychics Hippowdon. Darmanitan uses Hammer Arm on Wreckage.Hippowdon Crunches and kills Grumpig.
Wreckage and Hippowdon vs Darmanitan and Vileplume - Wreckage Stone Edge and kills Darmanitan. Vileplume Giga Drains and kills Hippowdon. Fair trade.
Wreckage and Tropius vs Machamp and Vileplume - Wreckage Razor Shells Machamp for half. Tropius flies. Machamp DynamicPunches and kills Wreckage. Vileplume's Sludge Bomb misses.
Malice and Tropius vs Machamp and Vileplume - Malice Ice beams and kills Vileplume. Tropius flies and kills Machamp. Cleared!
Malice and Tropius vs Golem and Manetric - Malice Ice Beams and almost kills Golem. Manetric Discharges and paralyzes Malice and Tropius. Tropius Body Slams Manetric. Golem uses Rock Slide, killing Malice and Tropius. Guess I don't need to worry about that paralysis.
PestilenceJr and Torterra vs Golem and Manetric - PestilenceJr Mach Punches Manetric and kills it. Torterra Wood Hammer and kills Golem. Team Powers Activate!
PestilenceJr and Torterra vs Purugly and Noctowl - PestilenceJr Force Palms and kills Purugly. Noctowl Air Slashes and kills PestilenceJr. Torterra uses Superpower and knocks Noctowl down to half.
Plight and Torterra vs Noctowl - Plight Wild Charges and kills Noctowl.
Plight and Torterra vs Venomoth - Venomoth puts Plight to sleep. Torterra Wood Hammers and criticals for 25%. LAME! I swap to Crime next turn, Venomoth Struggle Bugs for moderate damage, Torterra Crunches Venomoth for about 50%.
Crime and Torterra vs Venomoth - Crime Sucker Punches, but fails as Venomoth uses Quiver Dance. Torterra Crunches and kills Venomoth.
Nice little spar there. Lets get on to our entree, Fern and Blake.
0Wq1qd0.png
Malice and Hippowdon vs Haxorus and Walrein - Malice Ice Beams and OHKOs Haxorus. Walrein uses Blizzard, hitting Malice for chip and Hippowdon for 80%. Hippo uses Rock Slide and misses.
Malice and Hioopwdon vs Krookodile and Walrein - Malice Ice Beams and OHKOs Krookodile. Walrein uses Blizzard, chipping Malice and killing Hippowdon.
Malice and Torterra vs M.Scizor and Walrein - I haul Malice in for Wreckage. M.Scizor uses Bullet Punch on Wreckage for minor damage. Walrein Blizzards, damaging Wreckage and killing Torterra.
Wreckage and Tropius vs M.Scizor and Walrein - Wreckage uses Stone Edge on Walrein, dropping it into red. M.Scizor Superpower and finishes Wreckage. Tropius Leaf Blade kills Walrein.
Heartbreak and Tropius vs M.Scizor and Rotom-Frost - Rotom-Frost T-Bolts Heartbreak, dropping to 40%. M.Scizor follows up with Superpower on Heartbreak, dropping me to 1 HP. Heartbreak Surfs, doing about 1/3 to Rotom and 1/2 to M.Scizor. Tropius Leaf Blades Rotom and drops it to about 30% Heartbreak dies to Sandstorm damage.
PestilenceJr and Tropius vs M.Scizor and Rotom-Frost - Blake Hyper Potions Rotom-Frost. PestilenceJr Force Palms and kills it. M.Scizor Superpowers against Tropius for near nothing, Tropius Body Slams for near nothing. Stupid AI.
PestilenceJr and Tropius vs M.Scizor and Weavile - PestilenceJr nails Weavile with a Mach Punch, OHKOing it. M.Scizor Superpowers against PestilenceJr for about 30%. Tropius Body Slams, knocking M.Scizor into red and paralyzing it.
PestilenceJr and Tropius vs M.Scizor and Mamoswine - Fern Hyper Potions M.Scizor. PestilenceJr Force Palm OHKO Mamoswine. Tropius Leaf Blades M.Scizor for about 20%
PestilenceJr and Tropius vs M.Scizor and M.Glalie - PestilenceJr smashes M.Glalie with a Force Palm, OHKO it. Tropius Leaf Blades M.Scizor, and M.Scizor Superpowers PestilenceJr for about 30%. Those attack drops really piling up.
PestilenceJr and Tropius vs M.Scizor and Jynx - PestilenceJr Mach Punch kills M.Scizor. Jynx Psychic kills PestilenceJr. Tropius Leaf Blades and drops Jynx to about 45%
Crime and Tropius vs Ryhperior and Jynx - Crime Sucker Punch kills Jynx. Tropius Leaf Blades and drops Ryhperior to about 30%. Ryhperior T-Punches Tropius for about 20%. No more Blake. Looks like Fern is at least better than him.
Crime and Tropius vs Ryhperior - Crime Sucker Punches Ryhperior to about 10%, Tropius finishes it with Leaf Blade.
Crime and Tropius vs Roserade - Roserade uses Extrasensory on Tropius for about 15%, Tropius retaliates with Leaf Blade, dropping Roserade 10% and poisoning itself in the process. Crime Rock Tombs it down to 10% left and drops its speed. Roserade HPs Tropius for SE, but only drops it to about 20%. Tropius finishes it with Body Slam.

gmCPTkB.png

Oooo, I'm sooo scared. What are you planning to do, become PULSE Fern? Actually that sounds terrifying. Please don't do that.

vBFF8WQ.png

uYLK3MD.png

Damn that's harsh Fern. I know she's Flobot, but she does love you.

VDmQ3ck.png

4fn2awo.png

FLOBOTTTT!

Julia hears my scream and rushes in to save the day.

UVepcHZ.png

Serves you right for all the shit the Belroses went through. I can't wait until they find out. You'll think Corey taking out your eye was a good day.

After that dramatic dinner performance, it's dessert time. Julia pops in for this one, and we go hog wild on Solaris and Orderly John.

Malice and Electrode vs Excadrill and Whiscash - I haul in Malice for Wreckage. Electrode starts with Hidden Power on Whiscash. Excadrill uses X-Scissor on Wreckage. Whiscash uses Rock Slide, doing very minor damage to Wreckage and Electrode.
Wreckage and Electrode vs Excadrill and Whiscash - Electrode Hidden Powers Excadrill. Excadrill EQs, bombing the entire field. leaving only Whiscash standing with 5 HP left.
PestilenceJr and Eelektross vs Excadrill and Whiscash - PestilenceJr nails Excadrill with Force Palm, killing it. Eelektross finishes Whiscash off with Giga Drain.
PestilenceJr and Eelektross vs Gyrados and Eelektross - I haul PestilenceJr in for Plight. Gyrados hits Eelektross with Waterfall, which retaliates against the opposite Eelektross with Flamethrower for half. The opposite mimics and Flamethrowers Plight for about 35%.
Plight and Eelektross vs Gyrados and Eelektross - Gyrados Outrages on Eelektross, but it hangs in with 5%. Plight nails Gyrados with Wild Charge, OHKOing it. Julia's Eelektross Volt Switched on John's Eelektross, replacing it with Fan Rotom...with an Air balloon. John's Eelektross Flamethrowers the new arrival, hitting it for critical, but only doing 25%. Rotom-Fan has some serious special defense.
Plight and Rotom-Fan vs Tyranitar and Eelektross - Rotom-Fan HPs against Tyranitar for chip damage. Plight hammers Eelektross with Crunch, leaving it with 1 HP. Tyranitar Superpowers and kills Plight. Eelektross hits Rotom-Fan with Acid Spray. Eelektross dies to sandstorm damage.
PestilenceJr and Rotom-Fan vs Tyranitar and M.Slowbro - PestilenceJr KOs Tyranitar with Force Palm. Rotom-Fan Volt Switches for Eelektross, dealing 80% to M.Slowbro. M.Slowbro Surfs, killing Eelektross.
PestilenceJr and Rotom-Fan vs Scizor and M.Slowbro - PestilenceJr Force Palms and paralyzes Scizor, but leaves it in the red. Rotom-Fan Volt Switches for Magnezone, killing M.Slowbro in the process. Scizor U-Turns and kills PestilenceJr, calling out Mandibuzz in the process.
Heartbreak and Magnezone vs Mandibuzz and Kelceon - Kelceon hits Heartbreak with a Protean Sucker Punch, and Mandibuzz misses Snarl entirely. Heartbreak hits the other side with Water Spout, knocking Kelceon to half and Mandibuzz to 60%. Magnezon hits Mandibuzz with Thunderbolt, killing it.
Heartbreak and Magnezone vs Scizor and Kelceon - Solaris Full Restores Scizor. Kelceon hits Heartbreak again with Sucker Punch. I hit them again with Water Spout, but I'm at half health so it's not good. Magnezone Flash Cannons Scizor, dropping it back to yellow. Solaris Full Restores Scizor again next turn. Heartbreak uses Protect while Magnezone finishes Kelceon off with Flash Cannon. That useless Protect turn >.>
Heartbreak and Magnezone vs Scizor and Magnezone - Heartbreak attempts to Protect again, but fails and dies to Scizor's Superpower. Julia's Magnezone OHKOs it with Thunderbolt, while John's Magnezone uses Discharge.
Crime and Magnezone vs Garchomp and Magnezone - Garchomp opens with EQ, triggering Crime's Sturdy and killing Julia's Magnezone off. John's Magnezone cuts me a break and uses Electric Terrain, so I counter kill Garchomp. For real. Then I die to Rough Skin. At least Solaris is out of the way.
Malice and Rotom-Fan vs Magnezone - Malice uses Ice Beam on Magnezone, criticaling it down to 60%. Rotom-Fan uses Air Slash, knocking Magnezone to yellow. Magnezone Magnet Bombs me and OHKOs Malice. It's AI vs AI, just like Aya and Aster and Eclipse.
Rotom-Fan vs Magnezone - Rotom-Fan uses Air Slash, while Magnezone kills it with Discharge.
Bronzong vs Magnezone - Magnezone Magnet Bombs, but only does 15%. Bronzong uses Reflect. Magnezone uses Explosion, leaving Bronzong with 65% HP left.
Bronzong vs Renuniclus - Bronzong Toxics Reuniclus, while it uses Reflect. Bronzong uses Gyro Ball for neglegible damage. Reuniclus hits with Psychic for neglegible damage. Repeat that again. Bronzong's Reflect faded, so it put another one up. Reuniclus Psychics. Bronzong uses Explosion, killing Reuniclus. We win because Julia has 1 more pokemon left somewhere.
HIgqR6o.png
That's fine, because you're just an ass.
dYYcTA3.png
When has their display been anything but?
After the Meteors leave, Amaria awakens with amnesia, Flobot revives and confuses the fuck out of Julia, and Titania takes her leave. Flobot begins to follow.
pYMs3TZ.png
Yes, that's exactly what Flobot is suffering from. She had to pardon her Thanksgiving gravy for offenses committed after the feast. Nothing escapes Julia.
And that ends this portion of Hardcore, at least as far as Commander is concerned. But we still have a gym battle, and I won't back down. I figured Commander didn't make any real changes, meaning Togekiss was still lead. So I popped Plight in and we began the one try slaughter.
uYoH81L.png
Plight vs Togekiss - I use Charge, Togekiss goes with Air Slash. I Wild Charge OHKOing Togekiss and receive serious recoil.
Plight vs Noivern - Noivern strikes first with Dragon Pulse, killing Plight. Worth a shot.
Malice vs Noivern - Noivern hits Malice with Dragon Pulse, doing just under half. Malice sets up Reflect. Noivern hits with another Dragon Pulse, leaving me with 8 HP. I OHKO it with Ice Beam.
Malice vs Gliscor - I OHKO it with Ice Beam.
Malice vs Braviary - I drop it to 25% with Ice Beam and land a freeze, saving Malice from certain destruction. Next turn Ciel Hyper Potions and I Ice Beam it back to 25%. This happens another 2 times before she runs out of Hyper Potions and I kill Braviary with a final Ice Beam.
Wreckage vs Chatot - Chatot opens with boosted Boomburst, knocking me into red even though it's resisted. I smash it with Stone Edge, but it survives with Focus Sash. I die from another Boomburst.
Malice vs Chatot - Ice Shard kills Chatot.
Malice vs M.Altaria - Malice smashes it with an Ice Beam, but it survives with 20% and wipes Malice's 8 HP out with Hyper Voice.
Crime vs M.Altaria - M.Altaria smacks Crime with an OK! EQ, dropping Crime into the red. I retaliate with Rock Tomb and finish it off.
The spoils of the war

Bggo4Ba.png

I0fEDMo.png

zBqqpbn.png

And while this might be the end of the game, I'm still obliged to do our final release. Your final team, and candidates.
bXlxLxc.png
The Selection...

efToMeR.png

The Release...

x6WNKj1.png

uD48MP6.png

It's been a fantastic run, my friend. Thank you. Stay OG Crime.

MDz16M2.png
I hope you have enjoyed reading this playthrough of Hardcore, and that you too are inspired to be great! Or at least die spectacularly in the process. A Hall of Memories will be posted shortly in a follow up post. Feel free to post responses in the meantime.
Edited by Dragon116

The RNG may hate you, but it seems like the AI favors you. The back to back fights of Blake & Fern and Solaris & John is not an easy fight by a landslide and it's amazing Julia saved your butt. Good job beating the mod and hopefully you'll continue once each episode updates. I kind of like hearing your opinion on the overall project to see how well I delivered as well as your favorite battle of the game. Congrats and RIP Crime. You were a true bro this whole trip. You could say he was a Smooth Criminal.

HALL OF MEMORIES

Gen 1

Torment - Played an important role in the Julia fight. Although it was the first to go, this Raticate will not be forgotten. Hustle on.

Distress - A lack of good Gen 1 replacements (besides and hard to find Meowth0 gave this Mankey a chance to shine. Unfortunately all it managed to do was play the role of XP absorber and fodder. I was unimpressed with it, and it got retired following Flobot.

Grievance - I had no real idea what I was going to do with this, but the Taka fight gave it a purpose with Sturdy Stealth Rock. This played an important part in the third PULSE and Corey fights. This Onix was retired after that as Stealth Rock did not have the impact that a fully capable Gen 1 member would have.

Scourge - Seeing how a Bug gym was coming up, I got an awesome flying type in Fearow that actually had a flying move early on that matched it's favored attack style. I used Fearow all the way through Ciel in my first run, and I was hoping for a return of that awesomeness. But he didn't really get that far as I opted to replace it with Woe due to its poor performance against Cain.

Woe - Thanks to an early fire stone from mining, and having Crunch before the level cap, Woe made Shade a lot safer by forcing Corey off the field, downing Trevant, and severely denting Dusknoir. After that performance, it stunned me by surviving Solaris' Gyrados' Waterfall, then giving me ample time to heal Crime up to full HP.Past that, Intimidate and really nice mixed attack stats, plus quite a good moveset, allowed it to last until the RNG demanded its sacrifice following a late game appearance against Samson.

Heartbreak - The last real member of my team, Blastoise honored Gen 1 during fights with Charlotte, Blake, and the Chateau. It would have made an appearance during T3RR4, but I was locked in with Aggression.

Aggression - A Sturdy Magnimite with Thunder Wave. Gave the opening to beat M. Mewtwo Y, and was absolutely worthless against T3RR4.

Gen 2

Agony - My starter and the one I figured I'd have ample time with. Finishing it's life as a Quilava, the RNG demanded its sacrifice after Flobot, which made the PULSE Tangrowths harder than necessary. We never got to know each other that well, but it did well during its service, helping me clear OTS, Fern, and Flobot.

Tribulation - One of two choices I had for this slot following the loss of Agony. I figured when it became an Ursaring it would thrash Corey with it's status based abilities. It did manage to do some damage against Corey's Scolipede, but struggled to take hits under those status. I retired him following Corey, switching to Crime permanently.

Crime - I picked this up, thinking to use it as a gimmick for Corey, but needed its Rock typing to take out Taka's Chatot. That was just the start of the awesome streak with Crime. This babe became the most amazing utility pokemon with Stone Edge for damage, Rock Tomb for speed drops, Sucker Punch for priority, and Counter for those uber physicals like Garchomp. With Sturdy the utility of Sudowoodo was complete. This girl was the biggest surprise of the run, and I was soooo glad I grabbed her early on. Fortunately, she was never chosen as sacrifice until the end of the game, at Ciel.

Gen 3

Vexation - The only reason I picked this up was for Soundproof against Julia's sonicbooms. However, this Loudred never made an appearance, and quite frankly its movepool was terrible. This thing was retired as soon as I was past Julia.

Punishment - The glory and end all be all. Evolving at lv 24, Hariyama boasts an early bulk of 144 base HP and a whopping 120 base attack, making it an absolute must when going against Flobot. I ran this thing up to Ciel in my first run, but I ended up having to replace it with Sneasel against Ciel. During this run it managed to duplicate that amazing performance, until the RNG called for its sacrifice following Shelly. It had a nice replacement in PestilenceJr though.

Pestilence - The surprise within the mystery egg. This Breloom arrived just in time to help replace Hariyama...except it didn't. I ended up needing to use Disorder to beat Shade. But the dream of Pestilence was not forgotten, and reincarnated in its progeny, PestilenceJr.

Disorder - This Camerupt's typing added to it's mediocre bulk, and it's decent special attack gave it an important role against Shade, capable of negating any Electric moves that Shade might have wanted to try, it also managed to ice cream stall Chandlure at the end, securing my shaky victory. Beyond that it assisted in the Aya fight with Earth Power, and crashed Serra's Mirror Field with EQ. The RNG called for its sacrifice following Serra, opening the slot for PestilenceJr to come in and dominate.

PestilenceJr - The end all, be all relacement of Punishment. I was scared the RNG would call for it's release, but this bred Breloom still lives on the team post Ciel. Although it's typing and poor defenses leaves it one-shot frequently, it's speed and typing give it tremendous flexibility in use, and Technician gave Mach Punch and Force Palm massive power to couple with the STAB and Black Belt item. Absolutely dominated the Gen 3 tier from Noel onwards.

Gen 4

Famine - Everyone knows Kricketune is MVP early game, and it stayed that way up until Corey, where it couldn't manage to dent anything without dying. It was retired in place of Plight, and this generation was never replaced again.

Plight - I've only used Luxray in my first run of Diamond, and it struggled to do much because training was brutal. At Corey there were few Gen 4 with a good movepool and stat spread at the time, so Plight stood out. With Guts, it terrorized Corey's Crobat and never let go of the Gen 4 slot, since Swagger and Charge were perfect utility when needed, and Electric is generally effective, if not super effective, against a lot of things. Wild Charge revitalized it towards end game, and managed some incredible feats by attracting attention during doubles fights.

Gen 5

Affliction - This is the first time I've ever used a Trubbish, and I did so because of Toxic Spikes. That strategy didn't pan out, but Acid Spray did. This thing lasted until Corey, where it's inabilty to evolve for quite a few gyms led to its retirement. It was replaced for Desolation.

Desolation - Evolving a weak Blitzle into this wrecking force was one of the few times I was surprised. It was absolutely essential in defeating Corey, and tore Shelly's front team apart. Unfortunately it's last battle was a failure, and the RNG demanded its sacrifice. This began the most unbelievable streak of bad luck I've ever witnessed. The following pokemon are entirely a casualty count from the RNG.

Mayhem - Sweetbat. The harbringer of annihilation. Simple Swoobat would have totally wrecked Kiki if it could get past Scrafty and Focus Sash Toxicroak. Took down 3 of Kiki's crew, died to M.Medicham. We had a funeral when the RNG called its name.

Congress - Truely my favorite out of all the Gen 5s I went through, Scrafty was so much fun with Dragon Dance, Moxie Boost, High Jump Kick. When it set up, it was almost guaranteed to sweep. Absoutely essential in defeating Pyrous Mountain Solaris. Made a tremendous impact in Aya fight. Unfortunately Ame made the RNG axe it and then we moved on to Trial.

Trial - Starting running out of viable Gen 5 around here, but Emboar had what it took to melt Serra and even made a notable appearance against Noel. Ame didn't like that and the RNG booted Trial out for flaunting a fighting type in the face of a fairy type.

Mishap - My first two runs against Radomus, I used EQ to pretty much annihilate him. This time I wanted to try and use Tick Room against him, so I went with Escaliver. Although that Trick Room never came, one Swords Dance allowed Mishap to rampage through Radomus, shrugging off hits like a pro football player. We lost her to the RNG following that fight.

Isolation - I knew Chandlure was a beast, but even as a Lampent this thing managed to finish off Bennett's boosted Signal Beam from Butterfree, with 4 HP left, and wrecked it with Flame Burst. It helped power through Luna, and then was sacrified to the RNG following that fight.

Rue - Needed another Psychic to handle Samson, so Reuniclus came into play. Almost swept Samson's team if it weren't for M.Lucario surviving. Put in a fantastic performance against Charlotte too, before the RNG claimed it following that fight.

Frostburn - I figured it would be great against Blake and T3RR4, and I was right. Managed to survive a lot of Blake's bullshit, and took out significant portions of T3RR4's team. Then the RNG claimed it after that fight.

Malice - I didn't care at this point. I just needed a speedy Ice type. Cryogonal wasn't quite as fast as I wanted, but it did great against Ciel. And the Chateau.

Gen 6

Strife - Again, Espurr/Meowstic is known as an early game MVP, and once again this was no exception. I had intended to keep it longer, but after an incredible fight against Corey, the RNG required it to leave. This was a hard loss for me as the better Gen 6 pokemon weren't until later. But I found a surprising replacement in Misery.

Misery - Fire. Usually I hate it, but Misery pulled off some amazing feats with it. An unintended mixed attacker, Pyroar's Moxie and high special attack gave it great abuse of defenses. By far the most incredible perfomance was against Shade, with a close second going to first round critical hit Flamethrower on Occa Berry Scizor. Following a late appearnace win against Aya, I opted to replace it for some other Gen 6, as my experience with them was limited. This was retired and replaced with Wreckage.

Wreckage - Spent 2 hours looking for a Binacle, and the only place I did was the training grounds south of Apophyll Academy. Even then it had horrible nature and stats, so I was forced to breed, and got a rather decent one in Wreckage. With Shell Smash and Cross Chop, it looked like a perfect sweeper for Serra, and almost was. After that it became an iffy selection, but the Rock/Water typing provided some great resistance against Fire, Flying, and Normal threats. Probably would have been better with more White Herbs and Tough Claws ability, but it did what it needed to when it needed to. Although this remained until the end, I would likely not go through the effort of using it again.

I just spent the last 3 hours reading this from start to end.

All I can say is WOW! Definitely some surprising MVPs there (at least to me)

"are you not entertained?!?" I definitely am

Edit, What will you be replacing Crime with?

Edited by Genesis