New Zygarde and Greninja forms!

ScuzBrains

So how about those new Cororo scans!? Serebii posted the leaked images along with some coverage, I think it's super cool, and ties in with the Kalos legendaries and lore's Scandinavian mythology themes. And "Ash Greninja" looks pretty sweet too! What do you guys think about it?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think it could just be a sort of joke surprise april fools! but it's not in april sort of thing, I would genuinely be surprised if ash get's a greninja although I do hope he won't release it (looking at you Goodra) although another pokemon game in kalos would be a surprise because a friend told me they announced they weren't making Z thus making Zygarde sort of weak and redundant, although it would sort of fit with the whole we are trying to do our best to surprise people announcement they made a couple of month's ago, so my point is it will either be really disappointing or really surprising.

Edit: just looked at the potential new zygarde forms finally something that makes this pokemon both awesome and useful although the new greninja form will probably be a one off thing like the seasons

Edited by Cronos5010

i think it could just be a sort of joke surprise april fools! but it's not in april sort of thing, I would genuinely be surprised if ash get's a greninja although I do hope he won't release it (looking at you Goodra) although another pokemon game in kalos would be a surprise because a friend told me they announced they weren't making Z thus making Zygarde sort of weak and redundant, although it would sort of fit with the whole we are trying to do our best to surprise people announcement they made a couple of month's ago, so my point is it will either be really disappointing or really surprising.

Edit: just looked at the potential new zygarde forms finally something that makes this pokemon both awesome and useful although the new greninja form will probably be a one off thing like the seasons

Yeah, I think "Ash Greninja" is gonna be an anime-only deal, like the crystal Onyx.

And I already thought Zygarde was pretty cool, the way his design, along with Xerneas and Yveltal represents aspects of the story of Yggdrasil, but I agree, he was kind of lacking in the battle department.

As for Pokemon Z, I don't think they ever officially confirmed or denied a sequel in Kalos (though I don't think the game would be called "Z")

I personally quite like the Zygarde forms although think they are quite weird.

I'm not so keen on the Greninja look though.

This should also be in the Pokemon Fan Club shouldn't it?

Edited by mde2001

I personally quite like the Zygarde forms although think they are quite weird.

I'm not so keen on the Greninja look though.

This should also be in the Pokemon Fan Club shouldn't it?

Oh shoot yeah, probably. Is there anyway to move it or does it have to stay in Etcetera?

• Global Mods

I was actually thinking that the "blob" looked like one of Zygarde's scales. So I guess I wasn't far off. I wonder how all those percentage forms work? Do they go by HP? Like, full health = the "perfect" form, 50% health = the snake form, etc. And, I'm guessing the forms affect base stats, not just the perfect form being the strongest but the dog/10% form being weaker than the original snake form we saw in XY.

I have no opinion of the Ash Greninja. It's probably just something Ash's Greninja does in the anime, and I don't watch the anime. If it were something like a Cosplay Pikachu gimmick though, that would be neat.

am i the only person here that think's it's weird that one of the Zygarde's form is a dog? ,maybe it's item or iv based I guess? or maybe it's just flavor text,a friend of mine is going to freak out the minute ash get's a mega sceptile also does anyone know the identity of the smug looking guy with an almost perfect mobius beard right next to dog ninja zygarde?

edit: blob form looks really derpy to me, is the purple thing an attack or just a weird background thing? , and does anyone think that this is just some kind of cruel joke? , mecha form looks really cool though ash's greninja not so much

Edited by Cronos5010

• Global Mods

am i the only person here that think's it's weird that one of the Zygarde's form is a dog? ,maybe it's item or iv based I guess? or maybe it's just flavor text,a friend of mine is going to freak out the minute ash get's a mega sceptile also does anyone know the identity of the smug looking guy with an almost perfect mobius beard right next to dog ninja zygarde?

That's Lysandre. And yeah, the dog does seem like the black sheep of the forms. It looks like one of those cartoon/comic book superhero sidekick dogs.

I was actually thinking that the "blob" looked like one of Zygarde's scales. So I guess I wasn't far off. I wonder how all those percentage forms work? Do they go by HP? Like, full health = the "perfect" form, 50% health = the snake form, etc. And, I'm guessing the forms affect base stats, not just the perfect form being the strongest but the dog/10% form being weaker than the original snake form we saw in XY.

I have no opinion of the Ash Greninja. It's probably just something Ash's Greninja does in the anime, and I don't watch the anime. If it were something like a Cosplay Pikachu gimmick though, that would be neat.

I think it's going to work by amount of HP, like Zen Mode Darmanitan!

I feel as though the dog form looks out of place compared to the other forms. Zygarde goes from a core, to a flat cell, and then a bunch of them combine to make a dog?

I think there should've been something in between the flat cell and the dog.

I think the dog-like form is meant to be representative of Fenrir, he plays a big role in the Ragnarök mythology that it seems XY's legionaries are based on. The snake could be Níðhöggr, the "perfect form" could possibly be Odin, though, I'll admit, where the Cell and Core forms fit, I'm not sure...

edit: blob form looks really derpy to me, is the purple thing an attack or just a weird background thing? , and does anyone think that this is just some kind of cruel joke? , mecha form looks really cool though ash's greninja not so much

If I'm looking at the right place, pretty sure the man next to 10% Zygarde is Lysandre, as for why 10% is a dog, I posted a comment on how i think that fits in, I think all this stuff ties to Norse mythology .u.

I think the blob and the flat scale is the same thing.

Scalegarde > GardeDog (ha) > Zygarde ----> Zygarde Primal/Mega.

This would make Zygarde like a Pokemon with two evolutions and a Mega Evolution. Other Pokemon with this chain include all of the starters, Gardevoir, Gallade, etc.

I think the blob and the flat scale is the same thing.

Scalegarde > GardeDog (ha) > Zygarde ----> Zygarde Primal/Mega.

This would make Zygarde like a Pokemon with two evolutions and a Mega Evolution. Other Pokemon with this chain include all of the starters, Gardevoir, Gallade, etc.

That makes sense!

But if that worked, then it would be the only Legendary that can evolve!

I think it'd be way cool to have an evolving legendary, i got my hopes way up in Sinnoh with Phione and Manaphy (and kind of at the time, Riolu and Lucario, I thought they were legedaries for the longest time ngl, I also thought Spiritomb and Rotom were) and then kinda got a let down.

I personally think it was only a matter of time. There can't be any feasible way to assume that single-scale Zygarde is more powerful than it's Gundam-esque counterpart or even the existent version.

I think that would be very disappointing.

• Global Mods

A legendary that evolves would be neat. The flat/blob form looks like a baby version of the snake, and it would be odd to see it go from a full grown snake to a baby one, unless it's just a little creature piloting a big body (sort of like how Okami's final boss was actually just a tiny fish in a bowl)?

Generation 1: Pokemon is officially "a thing"

Generation 2: There's more Pokemon than "the original 151"

Generation 3: Formes are introduced (Deoxys)

Generation 4: Evolutions are given to previous generation evolution lines

Generation 5: Fusion Pokemon are "a thing"

Generation 6: Mega Evolution is "a thing"

The game changes forever every time a new generation of Pokemon is released.