What Pokemon would you like to see in Smash?

sadcatto

@Juuzou, ness and lucas are both short human(oid)s and do awesome stuff.

@cepheus- yeah, I imagine machpunch like the fox illusion, but like the fox illusion isn't invulnerable, just hard to hit them when they use it.

@Flux- I think aggron and nidoking would have similar attacks, based on their similar character build. Idk if they'd do anything too much with king's special set, but that would be fun to have him differ that much more from Aggron/Rhydon/Rhyperior. Nidoking's down special would be like Bowser's down special, but it would be called heavy slam. Aggron's would probably be metal burst, a counter move that does 2x original attack damage, which is special since most counters in smash do 1.1-1.3 damage multipliers only, and would help offset his lack of speed.

speaking of heavy slam, they could probably incorporate hold items in there too. Like an iron ball would make a character slower, but get launched far less and certain moves like heavy slam would get even stronger. An item like this would be like the metal box and not be actually held but just have an effect for a time. Some items can be held so they can be tossed or something, I guess. Or items can held normally to be thrown or you just double tap down on the ground to use its effect.

And I think Thief and Fling/Knockoff should be moves mapped to the same special. Like, if you're not holding an item you can steal an item. But if you're already holding an item, the move has the same animation but deals more damage and knocks an item out of the foe, or you use your item as a projectile for damage/status effect.

Delibird would be a troll pokemn. One special throws a present from his bag and the random damage/heal happens.

firespin/ember would probably work like Robin's arcfire.

I can see Ditto working in two ways:

1. Just another option for random character select. Enters as Ditto when the match starts, then transforms for its opening sequence.

2. The other way I could see Ditto would be that all of its specials are transform, where it randomly transforms into another character that's currently in the match for a period of time, eventually transforming back to Ditto. I'd imagine Ditto would be a stronger variant of the character, as it's only a temporary transformation, though perhaps not due to the fact that it could copy multiple different characters in the same match if it's anything but 1v1. If it is the stronger variant, there would need to be a cooldown on transform after changing back, during which it can only use normal "A" attacks, which would be weak in comparison to a normal fighter's attacks, without much range. It would probably just be little stretches of its body in the direction of the attack.

Wow. While I was gone, this thread got quite a few posts.

Yeah, most of these actually sound really good. I feel like most bipedal starters would work well (Blastoise, Feraligatr, maybe Swampert... gah, the list is too long.)

I feel like there's plenty of options. Gallade seems like another really good candidate. As a Psychic-Fighting type, that gives plenty of options.

One problem, though.

Gardevoir would cause some... interesting photos if he/she was added.

I don't want to think about it...

Samus and Shulk can both get partially naked. Palutena has a leg completely and sexually exposed. And peach hits people with her ass. Your argument is invalid.

Edit: oh yeah, peach also has a move where she lifts up her dress and shouts "wahoo!"

Palutena can dance around her staff like a stripper pole.

Samus and Shulk can both get partially naked. Palutena has a leg completely and sexually exposed. And peach hits people with her ass. Your argument is invalid.

Edit: oh yeah, peach also has a move where she lifts up her dress and shouts "wahoo!"

Palutena can dance around her staff like a stripper pole.

I meant the male/female divide. I just felt like it would end up being confusing... Not that there's a problem with whatever people identify with or whatever.

Edited by SgtDumpling

Gardevoir is in pokken so now that you've gotten wet, might as well take the plunge.

Skarmory might have the potential for an interesting set. Fliers in general might be difficult to fit in.

Gardevoir's gotten wet?

heh, heh.