Let's make up our own "Mist Stone" evolutions!

CURIE

Back when Red and Blue versions were popular in America, there were tons and tons of fake rumors. You have probably heard of at least one of them, namley the Mew truck, and if you're old enough you might remember struggling to activate some of these "secrets". Well after "Pikablu" (Marill) was teased in the anime, and Gold and Silver were still unheard of in America despite being already out in Japan, one of the most popular Rumors was the "Mist Stone". The method for getting the Mist Stone varied, the most popular story being that you had to press A on every tile in the entire Seafoam Islands, but the idea of what it did was always the same: It was an evolutionary stone that would work on every single Pokemon in existance. Yes, even the fully evolved ones. If you used it on either Pikachu or Raichu, it would evolve into Pikablu, and using it on another fully evolved Pokemon would cause it to become an entirely new (fake) Pokemon. Since there was only one Mist Stone in the game, and since so very few people ever got it, there was limited knowledge on these new Pokemon. Out of the 81 fully evolved Pokemon in the origninal games, only 18 had their Mist Stone evolutions recorded and posted on the internet. Apparently the guy who made this up never heard of the Missingno item duplication glitch, which is actually real.

Anyway, let's come up with evolutions for the rest of the Pokemon, shall we? Here's the list as it stands now:

Venusaur - Sapusaur, who was given a description, but... Since we have Mega Venusaur already, let's just say it's described as Mega Venusaur as his own Pokemon.

Charizard - Charcolt, who was described as a black Charizard. This was later refferenced with Mega Charizard X, so let's jsut say it's described as Mega Charizard X as his own Pokemon. This means it trades its flying type for the dragon type.

Blastoise - Rainer, who was given a description, but... Since we have Mega Blastoise already, let's just say it's described as Mega Blastoise as his own Pokemon.

Butterfree - Locustod, no description yet

Beedrill - Beepin, who was never given a description, but... Since we have Mega Beedrill already, let's just say it's described as Mega Beedrill as his own Pokemon.

Pidgeot - He was never given a mist stone evolution, but... Since we have Mega Pidgeot already, let's just say it's described as Mega Pidgeot as his own Pokemon. Now, we need to come up with a name.

Raticate - Raticlaw, no description yet

Fearow -

Arbok - Seviper

Pikachu - Marill

Raichu - Marill

Sandslash - Sandswipes, no description yet.

Nidoking - Nidogod, a Nidoking who's bigger, and a slightly lighter pink. The spines on his back are long and crooked, and his snout is longer with a upwards hook at the end. His mouth is lined with huge teeth, and his eyes are all black with purple pupils (the same kind of purple as his skin).

Nidoqueen - Nidogoddess, who wasn't given a description but, let's just assume it's the similar to Nidoking. So a Nidoqueen who's bigger, and a slightly lighter blue. The spines on her back are long and crooked, and her snout is longer with an upwards hook at the end. Her mouth is lined with huge teeth, and her eyes are all black with blue pupils (the same kind of blue as her skin).

Clefable -

Ninetails -

Wigglytuff -

Golbat - Crobat

Vileplume -

Parasect -

Venomoth -

Dugtrio -

Persian -

Golduck - Pearduck, no description yet

Primape -

Arcanine -

Poliwrath - Poliwreck. Poliwrath is Poliwhirl + angry eyes, Poliwreck is Poliwhirl + angry eyes + mustache

Alakazam - He was never given a mist stone evolution, but... Since we have Mega Alakazam already, let's just say it's described as Mega Alakazam as his own Pokemon. Now, we need to come up with a name.

Machamp -

Victreebel -

Tentacruel -

Golem -

Rapidash - I was thinking Rapidash should evolve into an alicorn and become part Fairy type, but I haven't come up with a name for it.

Slowbro - He was never given a mist stone evolution, but... Since we have Mega Slowbro already, let's just say it's described as Mega Slwobro as his own Pokemon. Now, we need to come up with a name.

Magneton - Magnezone

Farfetch'd -

Dodrio -

Dewgong -

Muk - Sliem, an even bigger pile of goo

Cloyster - Dievalve, who is similar to Cloyster except his shell is a darker purple, the same kind of purple as Gengar. Its eyes also look like Gengar's and it's surrounded by a black fog.

Gengar - Spooky, who was never given a description, but... Since we have Mega Gengar already, let's just say it's described as Mega Gengar as his own Pokemon.

Onix - Was rumored to be Dimonix, but Steelix came along and trumped that.

Hypno -

Kingler -

Electrode -

Exeggutor - Exeggution. You know how Exeggutor's heads sometimes fall off and become Exeggutes? Well Exeggution is the tree that's left behind when they fall off. Apparently the heads weighed it down, so now that they're gone its speed goes way up and it's grown taller and thinner. The bad news? It has no face now.

Marowak -

Hitmonlee -

Hitmonchan -

Lickitung - Was rumored to be Luigi (yes, THAT Luigi), but Lickilicky came along and trumped that.

Weezing -

Rhydon - Rhyperior

Chansey - Blissey

Tangela - Tangrowth

Kangaskhan - She was never given a mist stone evolution, but... Since we have Mega Kangaskhan already, let's just say it's described as Mega Kangashkhan as her own Pokemon. Now, we need to come up with a name.

Seadra - Kingdra

Seaking -

Starmie -

Mr. Mime -

Scyther - Scizor

Jynx -

Electabuzz - Electivire

Magmar - Magmortar

Pinsir - He was never given a mist stone evolution, but... Since we have Mega Pinsir already, let's just say it's described as Mega Pinsir as his own Pokemon. Now, we need to come up with a name.

Tauros -

Gyrados - He was never given a mist stone evolution, but... Since we have Mega Gyrados already, let's just say it's described as Mega Gyrados as his own Pokemon. Which means he trades his flying type for Dark type. Now, we need to come up with a name.

Lapras - Lochnas, who has a longer neck and snout than her pre-evolution, making her resemble a Plesiosaur. Her skin is purple and the spots that were a dark blue on her first form are now dark grey. Her shell is a lighter color and is more jagged, and she has spikes along the back of her neck and fins that are the same color as it.

Ditto -

Eevee -

Vaporeon - Suicune

Jolteon - Raikou

Flareon - Entei

Porygon - Porygon 2

Omastar -

Kabutops -

Areodactyl - He was never given a mist stone evolution, but... Since we have Mega Areodactyl already, let's just say it's described as Mega Areodactyl as his own Pokemon. Now, we need to come up with a name.

Snorlax -

Articuno -

Zapdos -

Moltres - Moltro. Moltres' fire has expanded to cover its entire body, and now burns a bright white. Its wingspan and tail are slightly longer than before.

Dragonite - Yoshi. Yep, THAT Yoshi. He loses his flying type and reverts to pure Dragon.

Mewtwo - Mewthree, who was given a description, but... Since we have mega evolutions already, let's just say it's described as Mega Mewtwo Y as his own Pokemon. Why Y? I dunno it seems more... him.

Mew - Corona Mew, no description given.

I'd greatly appreciate any ideas you can come up with, and I would prefer that you give both a name and a of how it looks. Let's also come up with names for those megas, and descriptions for the Pokemon who only have names.

By the way, if you give the Mist Stone with a Pokemon with a split evolution, it will evolve into one of the possible evolutions at random, unless it's Eevee. Let's come up with a Mist Stone exclusive eeveelution.

I'll do the Eeveelution.

Misteon (it's a work in progress.)

Type: Normal/Ghost
Abilities: Normalize, Adaptability (HA)
Evolution Method: use a Mist Stone on an Eevee
Pokedex Entry: (this can be put in later.)
Base Stats:
HP: 95
Atk: 110
Def: 65
SAtk: 130
SDef: 60
Spd: 65
Total: 525
Movepool: (this can be put in later.)

Miscellaneous Information:
Body Type: Quadrupedal
Color: (I was thinking White for this, but whatever you think is good is fine with me.)
Catch Rate: 45
Base Happiness: 70
EV Yield: 1 Atk, 1 SAtk
Base EXP Yield: 184
Growth Rate: Medium Fast
Egg Group: Field
Hatch Counter: 9180-9434 steps
Height: (this can be put in later.)
Weight: (this can be put in later.)
Gender Ratio: 87.5% male, 12.5% female

Edited by K_H

Oooooh we had a similar rumor in Italy. Another rumor we had (in early GSC era) was that Japan had a special version named "Diamond"... Which is hilarious when you think that Pokemon Diamond did see the light years later.

Anyway the idea is cool: wouldn't Hitmontop count as a Mist evo for Hitmonlee/chan (the former more than the latter)? And Heracross for Pinsir?

Ah. Here's some old ones that I've speculated with my friends from time to time.

Chawking (coughing --> wheezing --> choking)

Type: Poison

Ability: Levitate

Evolution: Use Mist Stone on Weezing.

HP: 75

Atk: 100

Def: 120

Sp. Atk: 95

Sp. Def: 75

Spd: 70

Total: 530

Repiv (Viper spelled backwards)

Type: Poison/Dark

Ability: Intimidate/Shed Skin

Use a Mist Stone on Arbok.

HP: 65

Atk: 125

Def: 69

Sp. Atk: 65

Sp. Def: 79

Spd: 120

Total: 518

Edited by Darvan Korematsu

Eh... why not?

Lapras- Lochnas, was described as having a deep, vibrantly violet skin tone in place of Lapras's light blue, with dark grey spots replacing the dark blue ones lapras has, as well as a larger body and longer neck compared to it's previous stage. Lochnas's shell was a brighter, purer shade of grey, and noticeably larger and more jagged than Lapras's, and it's neck and fins were noted as possessing rows of dorsal, spike like protrusions the same tone as its shell. It's snout was longer and the curled, ear-like horn protrusions on the upper base of it's skull had grown larger as well.

Moltres-Moltro, Turned into a legit phoenix. The fires that once engulfed the crest of Moltres's head and lower edges of it's wings had now spread to cover the entirety of it's body. It's wingspan had grown slightly larger compared to it's previous state, and it's tail had as well. The flames cloaking Moldro's body were a rich, hot white in place of the crimson they had once been. It was rumored that his ability shifted from pressure to Blaze upon evolving.

Ah. Here's some old ones that I've speculated with my friends from time to time.

Chawking (coughing --> wheezing --> choking)

Type: Poison

Ability: Levitate

Evolution: Use Mist Stone on Weezing.

HP: 75

Atk: 100

Def: 120

Sp. Atk: 95

Sp. Def: 75

Spd: 70

Total: 530

Repiv (Viper spelled backwards)

Type: Poison/Dark

Ability: Intimidate/Shed Skin

Use a Mist Stone on Arbok.

HP: 65

Atk: 125

Def: 69

Sp. Atk: 65

Sp. Def: 79

Spd: 120

Total: 518

I'll do the Eeveelution.

Misteon (it's a work in progress.)

Type: Normal/Ghost

Abilities: Normalize, Adaptability (HA)

Evolution Method: use a Mist Stone on an Eevee

Pokedex Entry: (this can be put in later.)

Base Stats:

HP: 95

Atk: 110

Def: 65

SAtk: 130

SDef: 60

Spd: 65

Total: 525

Movepool: (this can be put in later.)

Miscellaneous Information:

Body Type: Quadrupedal

Color: (I was thinking White for this, but whatever you think is good is fine with me.)

Catch Rate: 45

Base Happiness: 70

EV Yield: 1 Atk, 1 SAtk

Base EXP Yield: 184

Growth Rate: Medium Fast

Egg Group: Field

Hatch Counter: 9180-9434 steps

Height: (this can be put in later.)

Weight: (this can be put in later.)

Gender Ratio: 87.5% male, 12.5% female

I appreciate the effort you put into stats and movesets and whatnot, but... Those aren't nessecary yet mwahahah I'd prefer descriptions of what the Pokemon look like

I loved the idea that the Legendary Beasts are actually the 3rd evolutions of Eevee. Never heard this before, but it make sense!

It's actually a Theory that's floating around the internet stating that the Legendary beasts are the resurrected forms of Jolteon, Flareon, and Vaporeon, brought back to life by Ho-oh.

The Charcolt/col is hilarious now that MegaCharizard X has essentially become exactly it.

Fun fact: did you know that gastly is the spirit of a cloyster that died in overpolluted waters? That's why they look so similar and gastly is a poison type.. Well, in generation 2, there's a way to bring gastly back to life in such a way that he becomes an even stronger version of Cloyster, which has been given the name, DIEVALVE by fans. First of all, you need to have a gastly in your party, UNEVOLVED and make sure it has the move destiny bond in its moveset. You will also need the sacred ash which you get from catching(or robbing) Ho-oh. Now go to the shrine in the Ilex Forest at nightime between the hours of 12:00am and 1:00am with gastly as the first pokemon in your party. Give it the scared ash to hold, and then Interact with the shrine 4 times, and on the 4th try a message saying, "Do you wish to make an offering?" will appear. Answer yes and you will be prompted to leave a party member there, which you can't get back until the next day, but make sure it's the same time and you have an open party slot of course. When you return, the pokemon will have been "restored by the embrace of time," reverting them back to level 1 but with the same stats they had before being left at the shrine, allowing you to essentially level your pokemon infinitely and relearn missed moves. You can leave any pokemon there but we're only interested in leaving Gastly so go ahead and leave him. Once you return the next night and receive gastly, you will notice that the sacred ash is gone! If the ash is gone, then you did it correctly. Next time you level him up, he;ll evolve into DIEVALVE.

Supposedly if you used a mist stone on Gastly holding the sacred ash while knowing destiny bond during midnight hour, that would get you DIEVALVE as well but I've yet to anyone confirm it as the mist stone was like nearly unobtainable unless you lived in Japan I believed.

DIEVALVE looks just like Cloyster, but instead it has red eyes like gengar, has fog surrounding its shell, and its shell is a darker shade of violet closer to gastly's line. It's still a water/ice type but its stats are improved, now having Gengar's speed and special attack, a special defense that's fairly decent(90) in addition to its already fantastic defense, making it an absolute beast in battle. Also it keeps whatever moves Gastly had, but since it's a cloyster it sadly can't learn many good moves on its own, meaning you might have to teach it ice beam via tutor(crytsal version) blizzard or surf. Oddly enough, it also seems to be able to use TMs Gengar can learn, including stuff like thunderbolt and shadow ball, while keeping Cloyster's TM learnset in as well. The variety, speed, defense and sheer offensive potential of this dwell hidden pokemon makes it a definite secret worth checking out.

credit goes to bulbagarden for the info.

Edited by Monochrome_Complex

But really, this list is pretty neat. I wouldn't mind a new Farfetch'd.

Be the change you want to see.

And now, so that I don't sound hypocritical for saying that, I updated the list with some stuff I made up myself, along with some of the ideas here. Another idea I've had for a while is an evolution of Rapidash who is an Alicorn and becomes part Fairy type, but I'm not sure what to call it. Any ideas?

K_H and Darvan Korematsu, I'm still waiting for descriptions, I can't put your Pokemon on the list without being able to describe them.

Misteon is a grayish-white quadruped that is similar to a Sylveon in design, but instead of Ribbons on it, it's constantly surrounded by a cloud of mist that varies depending on Misteon's mood and the environment. When the cloud gets thick enough, Misteon is able to use it as a part of its fighting style, cloaking the battlefield in a thick fog that makes it extremely difficult to see, since Misteon is of the same color as its' mist.

Edited by K_H

Just throwing a random idea.

Persian -> Sphynx

After the evolution it has bigger and more bulkier body. It gets a golden crest around the face similar to Tutankhamun's mask (including the goatee). The gem on the forhead turns into a ruby ankh. It's fur is overall darker, getting close to brown and has golden ornaments on the sides. The tail is no longer curly, but it's longer and has black fur on the end.

Edited by Jaromir