Rain dance TM

Untixx

I've been searching for almost two and a half hours now, and I think I'm starting to go insane. I've checked almost everywhere in the world, but I just can't seem to find this one TM. Can anybody point me in the right direction?

You're given it as part of the Team Magma/Aqua sidequests. How long it takes you to get it depends on which team you joined. If Aqua, you get it after raiding Magma. If Magma, you get it after beating up Archer in 7th Street, but you can't do it immediately for whatever reason. Not sure exactly when you can, I only ended up doing it after I completed E15.

Edited by BreezyPonie

I think I found it on the valor summit or the inside of the Anti-Assist door after completing the kakori help requests (i cant remember which one, im pretty sure the valor one is incinerate)

I already checked Valor mountain, and I didn't find anything. I'll go check the anit-assist base though. Thanks

Edit: Doesn't seem to be in the anti-assist base. I do remember getting a TM in there, but it wasn't rain dance. Thanks anyways

Edited by Untixx

i dont think so. i know i recently got it after downloading v6 and going through the updated story

Don't you get Rain dance from Valerie by defeating all the Dexoy on the beach of Terajuma ?

I already beat all of the Dexoy, and I don't have rain dance

I don't know how long rain dance has been in the game, because I started on version 6

I already beat all of the Dexoy, and I don't have rain dance

I don't know how long rain dance has been in the game, because I started on version 6

Did you talked to Valerie after beating all of them ? Because that's how i got it

Did you talked to Valerie after beating all of them ? Because that's how i got it

Yeah, this is (I think) how you get the TM - defeat all of the Dexoy in the beach, then speak to Valerie.

If you missed it, you'll find it again as a TM lying on the ground.

EDIT: I'm actually wrong - you fight the Dexoy after the place I was thinking

Atleast that's where I think I got it. I didn't get it from Valerie (I was only informed of it later), but I definitely found it later.

Edited by Chris P. Bacon

I'll head back to the beach and see if I can find it

Edit:Not anywhere in the ship. Not out at where you fought Valerie either. Where would you find it on the ground as a TM?

Edited by Untixx

Rain Dance is received from Valarie(you'll need to talk to her of course) after defeating all of the Deoxy attacking the ship. Not sure if there is another way if you didnt get it from Valarie.

Edited by Milotic

Rain Dance is received from Valarie(you'll need to talk to her of course) after defeating all of the Deoxy attacking the ship. Not sure if there is another way if you didnt get it from Valarie.

I'm at the gym battle with Amber, meaning I can't possibly get to Valarie anymore currently.Looks like I need to find a different rain dancer than Ludicolo. Does anybody know if there's a king's rock in this version of the game? I could use a politoed.

Edited by Untixx

I'm at the gym battle with Amber, meaning I can't possibly get to Valarie anymore currently.Looks like I need to find a different rain dancer than Ludicolo. Does anybody know if there's a king's rock in this version of the game? I could use a politoed.

I don't know if there's already a king's rock in the game but if you want some rain dancers you can get either : Wooper,Gastrodon(You'll need to level him down to 21 since it learns Rain dance at 22),Finneon or Frillish.

I don't know if there's already a king's rock in the game but if you want some rain dancers you can get either : Wooper,Gastrodon(You'll need to level him down to 21 since it learns Rain dance at 22),Finneon or Frillish.

Gonna go for the Poliwrath I think

Amber is actually the easiet gym leader i've ever fought just set up rain dance and my flygon almost wiped all of her team

I got a togepi :( My strategy is rain dance + water sport = win

Edit: I beat amber. 5-0, because at the end she took out my Poliwrath with a Psychic, which I didn't know he could even learn. Now to find a different game to eat up my time

Edited by Untixx

• 10 months later...

Do you know where to find any of these rain dance pokemon? Thanks!

I'm pretty sure there is / was a Kings Rock somewhere in the game. A good Rain Dance user is the Ludicolo family. It can be found at Wispy Path in the morning (I think) and you just gotta feed it a Gourmet Treat. I would then breed it down to a Lotad so it can get its best moves. I would recommend this move-set:

- Rain Dance

- Giga Drain (Egg Move, look @ Bulbapedia) / Energy Ball (Learnt @ Lvl 32 or so as a Lotad)

- Nature Power (Good filler until we get Ice Beam)

- Hydro Pump (Learnt as Lombre / Lotad) / Surf

Swift Swim is recommended.

Also, the Rain Dance TM is in the Wispy Ruins.