Girl streamers

Peepeepoopoo

I wish I could be Untitled.jpg too. :Kappa:

Hey man, what do you want me to call it?

It really is brilliant how she's getting all these people to donate. Either that or there are way too many stupid people with $4.00 to waste. You know what they say, a fool and his money are soon parted.

Hey man, what do you want me to call it?

It really is brilliant how she's getting all these people to donate. Either that or there are way too many stupid people with $4.00 to waste. You know what they say, a fool and his money are soon parted.

No, I meant the image isn't loading and all the spoiler shows is "Untitled.jpg."

...this would fit better in the wasteland, this doesn't really effect you....

It's flabbergasting me, so yes it does affect me.

The account she's streaming on is level 23, not to mention she was playing a Bot game and then proceeded to spectate games. Such gameplay.

I mean, not all girl streamers are bad, right? I'm not an active twitch user so I can't really say, but still...

Of course not all girl streamers are bad.

These ones are just appealing to the lowest common denominator in terms of viewers on Twitch which are young/teen boys. There are some cases where these streamers trick some of their viewers into buying them stuff by posting their Amazon wishlist etc and puppy-eyeing the stream.

But in the end, it's their way of making money and how they do it is up to them. It's definitely not the proudest way to make some but it certainly is a way.

If there is any lesson to take away from this it's don't give your kids access to your credit cards. :Kappa:

Okay, so, while obviously this one person is an issue (or maybe not, maybe you're just overreacting, IDK, I'm not watching) Lumping literally every other female who has ever streamed on Twitch into the same category with your title is hardly necessary

I do take issue with the type of streamer you describe in the first post here. But mainly because they have a tendency to cause the above generalization (I mean also they're obviously not the most fun if you end up in a game with them but that's overall a less widespread issue) And I take an even greater issue with the people making said generalization

And, TBH, there's absolutely nothing wrong with a large breasted woman streaming and goofing around (though the covering half the screen is kinda dumb and intentionally trolling in ranked League matches is just r00d) It's not like anyone is forcing you to give a shit anyways. Unless you're one of the unlucky saps to end up playing with them (or one of the female streamers/gamers that gets stereotyped in with them, bleh that's not a fun one), it really shouldn't effect you in any way whatsoever

If they're in it for the money, so what? It's not your money they're getting. Hell, I can't even look down on them for tricking people because if I were in their shoes I doubt I'd hesitate to do the same (though I'd at least have a quality stream to trick you with owo)

TL;DR I'm annoyed at the excessive stereotyping you've laid down here, DarkSpite. I find it quite rude and it's certainly not a good way to start a proper discussion. In fact it's barely a hair's breadth away from pure shitposting and probably belongs in the wasteland

Posting this before my net goes out even though I could rant for hours on this subject,

Lexi

Of course not all girl streamers are bad.

These ones are just appealing to the lowest common denominator in terms of viewers on Twitch which are young/teen boys. There are some cases where these streamers trick some of their viewers into buying them stuff by posting their Amazon wishlist etc and puppy-eyeing the stream.

But in the end, it's their way of making money and how they do it is up to them. It's definitely not the proudest way to make some but it certainly is a way.

If there is any lesson to take away from this it's don't give your kids access to your credit cards. :Kappa:

Makes sense. That being said, I think it would be best to end the discussion here. If we keep going, someone might get offended. Or an argument could start. Or something we don't want. So to each, their own.

Oh awkward, I didn't notice that the title would be on the edge of offensive. Can I change the title by editing the OP?

Anyway, I'm not chastising the woman for making money off of her good looks. I'm just wondering why her stream is allowed to continue when most of her screen is her webcam and the rest isn't even her playing the game, it's her watching a game. Isn't this in some way against Twitch's TOS?

honestly, not ALL girl streamers are disgusting money whores...

there are good girl streamers out there, like omgitsfirefoxx and lolnatsumii to name a few :P

its just the .1% of the girl streamer community that makes them look bad...

just ignore that .1%!!!

Interesting argument..let me just said this. I said this back in 2012, the problem here isn't the streamers themself, is the viewers. I mean think about it man, if no one donated money to these "Cam Girls" they all would be gone. I don't really like calling these kind of people "Girl Streamers/Girl Gamer" because all they do is full around and not even playing the game.

My twitter was infected with this "Girl Streamer" that had clevage (which I had no problem really, it doesn't really bother me really) but the problem was the camera was focus on the boobs so close you could barely see the gameplay. Her boob was bigger than the gameplay window screen!! I though that was hilarious and laugh for about 14 minutes.

I pity the fools that support these streamers. They all be better off spending that money on a REAL Cam Girl....

• Administrators

Deep breath, Ame. Deep breath...

Let me start this way:
Who's she hurting?

There's about four potential answers I see that have been brought up in this topic:

• She could be hurting herself.
  • She could be hurting her viewers.
  • She could be hurting other women.
  • She could be hurting you as the single viewer.

Now I'm going to tell you why all of those are incorrect.

* She could be hurting herself:

honestly, not ALL girl streamers are disgusting money whores...

So, these comments go back to the idea, be it explicitly or implicitly that there's something wrong with a girl exposing herself, or acting in a sexual manner. This is called slut-shaming. Before anything, I'd like to say that regardless of your personal views on the matter, slut-shaming not acceptable in this community, as a matter of respect.

I'll go ahead and pre-emptively answer the question of why that's disrespectful. Let's look at it in a basic frame. Girls who have sex with lots of different people are commonly called sluts and punished for this behavior. Boys who have sex with lots of different people are generally rewarded for the same behavior. See the difference? This is called the sexual double-standard. It's also called sexism.

Now regardless of your personal feelings on promiscuity gender-not-considered, what we're addressing here is that sexist element. Let's assume the posted streamer is indeed making the choice to flaunt her appearance as a, or the main feature of her channel. How is that something not to be proud of? If she is comfortable with the way her viewers interact with her, and she is confident enough to display her body like this, what's the problem? If it was hurting her, she'd have stopped. This is her choice, after all.

The argument that she's a whore for featuring her body, or that doing that is something to be a shamed of stems directly from the sexual double-standard. It's a popular, culturally reinforced notion that girls are supposed to be modest and boys are supposed to be sexual. This girl is not displaying modesty in line with that dated value system, so she receives scorn. Given the sexist foundation of that value system, what's hurting her is not her choices, but how people choose to berate her for it with comments like the above, and people who try to take that choice away by insinuating that it's harmful. The fault lies with the speakers of those comments, not her.

In short, she is not hurting herself, but those who lash out at her might be hurting her instead. Hence why it's not allowed here.

* She could be hurting her viewers:

There are some cases where these streamers trick some of their viewers into buying them stuff by posting their Amazon wishlist etc and puppy-eyeing the stream.

If they're in it for the money, so what? It's not your money they're getting. Hell, I can't even look down on them for tricking people because if I were in their shoes I doubt I'd hesitate to do the same (though I'd at least have a quality stream to trick you with owo)
I pity the fools that support these streamers. They all be better off spending that money on a REAL Cam Girl....

The implication here is that her viewers are being 'tricked' or are 'stupid' for supporting this person.

First, let's not insult nearly 100,000 people's intelligence. I haven't watched this person myself so I don't know how she behaves but based on the context provided by others I am going to presume her manner of "tricking people" does not involve covert manipulation and instead is a rather overt tactic that highlights her body. In that case, I think we can hardly call it "tricking" anyone. There's no trick. Everything's right there on the screen... I mean it's half the damn screen as some others have pointed out. Where's the deception?

The people who support her know what she's about. Maybe she's more about boobs than games-- whatever. Her supporters are probably fine with that, otherwise they wouldn't still be following/donating to her. Why pity them for not getting a real cam girl? I'm sure they know they could if they wanted, but they're interested in this girl. Maybe this streamer displays just the right boob-to-game ratio that they're looking for (man, that's not a sentence I'd ever expected to type...).

The problem with these comments now is that you are not only rather rudely insulting the intelligence of a significant volume of people, but you are now also implying that somehow this "bad decision" is her fault, as if she somehow robbed these poor followers of their willpower using the magic mind-control spell placed on them by her chest. The viewers are real people who have the ability and the right to make their own decisions. If you're belittling that and calling them stupid, once again, the fault lies with you.

* She could be hurting other women

Unless you're one of the unlucky saps to end up playing with them (or one of the female streamers/gamers that gets stereotyped in with them, bleh that's not a fun one),

its just the .1% of the girl streamer community that makes them look bad...

That why I put emphasis on the word "those." I'm aware that there are legitimately good female streamers. These ones are just giving the rest a bad name.

So, once again, we're all intelligent people here. So I don't think that there's anyone among us who honestly believes that any single female, or even a group of females, can possibly adequately represent the entire breadth, or even a majority, of females in total. Let's just make that clear now. Unless you've got a background in sociology and a reputable sample size with a properly analyzed statistically significant margin of difference (or rather sameness) between members of the female gender, there's really no reason any of us need to assume that 'all girls' (or even a majority) are a certain way.

Apply that same logic to specifically female streamers, and it's not going to change all that much aside from the obvious. So where is this idea coming from, that by acting this way she's hurting other women? We all know that the tendencies of one individual does not account for the actions of a group. Therefore, no single woman is obligated to act a certain way just because of how it might reflect on the gender as a whole.

Media sells ideas of gender-essentialism because it can profit off of them, and we grow up with them until we learn better. As a kid you might have learned that boys have short hair and girls have long hair, or at least you thought so until the first time you saw a long haired boy and were told that he was not, in fact, a girl. The title of this topic is indicative of a failure to un-learn essentialist notions. Time to grow up.

Moreover as intelligent (young) adults we do not benefit ourselves by assuming that others have not unlearned these things. To act as such is again an insult to others' intelligence. So understanding that no individual bears the responsibility of acting as a representative for their gender, let us not assume that others will treat them as if they will. Those who have yet to learn that people are individuals are the ones who need to change-- not the individuals.

Finally,

* She could be hurting you, as a viewer

It's flabbergasting me, so yes it does affect me.

Here is a solution to this problem:

Stop watching her stream, and move onto something you like.

Here is something that is not a solution to this problem:

Posting a topic disrespecting the streamer and in the process skirt insulting an entire gender.

You are entitled to your opinions and reactions. You are not entitled to be an asshole.

You're also not excused by backpedaling with a comment like this,

Anyway, I'm not chastising the woman for making money off of her good looks. I'm just wondering why her stream is allowed to continue when most of her screen is her webcam and the rest isn't even her playing the game, it's her watching a game. Isn't this in some way against Twitch's TOS?

Because when this

I wish I was a cutie with big tits so that I could make money on Twitch for acting like a 7 year old while having her webcam cover over half the screen.

Is your opening post, it's clear that Twitch's ToS are not your priority, and your dislike of the streamer in question, is. Childishly attempting to redirect the conversation for the sake of your ego, so as that you don't appear to have been offensive, is a pointless move in a topic that is blatantly based in insulting another person.

Please consider this in the future.