New features, Censorship

Amethyst

• Administrators

After a couple days of making very poor use of my wide-resolution computer monitor, the Reborn Mobile theme for the forums is now complete!

You're now free to conveniently browse the forums from any browser-based portable device. Just log in, scroll to the bottom and click where it says "Change Theme." Select the Reborn Mobile theme, and you're good to go~

Additionally, about the censorship- I understand some people are annoyed... Well... Yeah.

Internet Censorship is a huge issue right now, at least on the American side. Unfortunately, Reborn is an American-based server, meaning we will be affected by SOPA.

When I say we will be affected, I mean Reborn WILL be shut down by it. As I understand, SOPA will terminate any site that even links to copyright material, and Reborn- nevermind the whole of Pokemon Online is based around it! In fact, just about every Pokemon site would be at risk for termination.

SOPA is up for vote again on the 21st. It came before the judiciary committee first last Thursday, but they didn't even hold the vote that day. Let's hope that we can fend it off again. This WILL be the end of the internet as we know it, if we let it pass.

So yeah, those censorship things across the banner? They're not going anywhere for a while.

However, if you click it and follow the link, the site will give you some good ways to get involved, speak up, and actually do something about SOPA and the subsequent Protect IP Act.

Short of that, all we can do is cross our fingers.

UPDATE: A Like System has been enabled for the forums. You actually get a very small amount of $R for liking other people'sposts (but only so many per day). I'm currently trying to find a way to get it outof the way of blocking text.

Additionally, you may now customise your profile with your own background color, or image. Just click Profile Customization under Edit My Profile to get started~

• Upvote 1

If They pass that bill, I will go into congress with a machine gun and personally murder all of the members. If they think they can do this, well... Lets all move to the same big house in Canada. Im fucking tired of our government trying to limit our acess to free information

• Administrators

and by awesome background you mean small header thing?

...Well that's underwhelming.

Dragonz... Just pretend to be American or something. You should have the right because it affects you too

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

They've cancelled vote on it twice now, but the voting would have happened mid-late December.

There's another one just around the corner, called the Protect IP Act. Same story, new characters.