Special Operation

biboo195

So guys, ever since Fairy type appeared, i've hated them for killing my 2nd favorite type which is Dragon (but i can't really hate Gardevoir and Azumarill now can i). So i'm in the middle of a project called Operation "Death to Fairy". Below are the Steel type pokemons i've bred and traded. I've thought of adding Scizor, but knowing Ame, my Scizor won't come until at least before the E4 and Champion.

IZewmnW.png

So i want you guys to help me on which Steel type pokemon i should add, but please remember that the pokemons have to be at least RU and up. I will also be building a Poison type team, but that's for another day.

EDIT : I have a Piplup and Riolu, but Empoleon doesn't have the cool stuff yet (aka Defog, Stealth Rock); and i'm breeding Bullet Punch on Riolu.

Edited by biboo195

Looking at what's available in-game now, Steelix? Bronzong? Mawile? Aggron? Probopass? Klinklang? Escavalier? Durant? Bastiodon?

Those are all the ones available. No idea which are above UU, but Durant with Huslte ability, Hone Claws, Iron Head, Superpower, and X-Scissor can be a pretty speedy physical attacker, something most Steel types can't do due to little speed.

Looking at what's available in-game now, Steelix? Bronzong? Mawile? Aggron? Probopass? Klinklang? Escavalier? Durant? Bastiodon?

Those are all the ones available. No idea which are above UU, but Durant with Huslte ability, Hone Claws, Iron Head, Superpower, and X-Scissor can be a pretty speedy physical attacker, something most Steel types can't do due to little speed.

I've changed UU with RU, but thanks for your help. I've got Onix, Bronzong (a shiny one, if i don't need to breed him), Aron, and Karrablast.

Edited by biboo195

Aggron, Bronzong and Durant are the best you can get now imo

yeah most of steel types are slow but if you have Porygon Z you could go to move relearner and teach it trick room

Just get a Durant and plow through the entire game. Give it Hone Claws and Rock Slide via E12 and it's STABs and it's gg.

And you mention Empoleon not being ideal for lack of Defog and Roost. Those 2 moves are worthless in-game. Luna is the only important foe that set hazards (not counting Aya's cause they're converted into an attack) and Roost is completely useless since we have healing items (and Empoleon doesn't learn Roost). It's actually a pretty great attacker, just give it Agility, Ice Beam, a STAB and Grass Knot.

I'd also vote you ditch Forretress, it only ever gets used for hazards and Rapid Spin, both of which are pointless in-game.

Just get a Durant and plow through the entire game. Give it Hone Claws and Rock Slide via E12 and it's STABs and it's gg.

And you mention Empoleon not being ideal for lack of Defog and Roost. Those 2 moves are worthless in-game. Luna is the only important foe that set hazards (not counting Aya's cause they're converted into an attack) and Roost is completely useless since we have healing items (and Empoleon doesn't learn Roost). It's actually a pretty great attacker, just give it Agility, Ice Beam, a STAB and Grass Knot.

I'd also vote you ditch Forretress, it only ever gets used for hazards and Rapid Spin, both of which are pointless in-game.

Actually i've already finished ep 15, this is just me having fun. Will definitely catch a Durant though. I was also mistaken Roost with Stealth Rock on Empoleon.

Maybe Lucario with Bullet Punch or Gyro Ball Foretress with Toxic Spikes? Or get Heatran somehow and destroy every fairy type except Azumarill ever

Edit: I'm blind and somehow didn't see Foretress

4givepls

Maybe Lucario with Bullet Punch or Gyro Ball Foretress with Toxic Spikes? Or get Heatran somehow and destroy every fairy type except Azumarill ever

Edit: I'm blind and somehow didn't see Foretress

4givepls

The unseen Forretress is the deadliest :P

Edited by biboo195

I disagree with ditching Forretress, you forget that in addition to setting hazards, it also has Gyro Ball which is an enormously powerful STAB move.

Looks good so far. I would suggest Durant, Aggron, Bronzong, Escavalier

I disagree with ditching Forretress, you forget that in addition to setting hazards, it also has Gyro Ball which is an enormously powerful STAB move.

Again, hazards are pointless since, unlike comp, the AI only switches out once in a blue moon. Also, it's only got 90 Base Attack, and Gyro Ball's power calculation is 25 × (Target's Current Speed / User's Current Speed), which means the foe would have to be 6 times faster for it to be max damage (150). A no EV, Brave, average IV Forretress' Gyro Ball against no EV Ninjask is only 87 BP.

Again, hazards are pointless since, unlike comp, the AI only switches out once in a blue moon. Also, it's only got 90 Base Attack, and Gyro Ball's power calculation is 25 × (Target's Current Speed / User's Current Speed), which means the foe would have to be 6 times faster for it to be max damage (150). A no EV, Brave, average IV Forretress' Gyro Ball against no EV Ninjask is only 87 BP.

That's correct, but hazard damage for some leaders (in the case of Ciel for example) are worth more than one whole Pokemon.

That's correct, but hazard damage for some leaders (in the case of Ciel for example) are worth more than one whole Pokemon.

It's still only 25%, much less than his Magnezone or Excadrill can do to Ciel in a single hit. He also said he's past E15 which means he's past every gym type that's weak to Stealth Rocks