Was there a possibility that Fern was not going to be a total douche?

Another Felix

When you're going into the factory before Julia's gym, Fern actually had a few lines of dialog towards you that weren't completely douchey. The exact line is as follows:

"But it's fine. PLAYER and I already met. Yo PLAYER, I know we got off on the wrong foot, but it's cool, right?"

That line right there, maybe there was a time where he wasn't meant to put Gary Oak to shame, and that line is from there. Then he became the tool we all know and want to throw into the toxic water today.

I feel like that's largely because his sister was there…from what I can gather, he actually cares about her (though he tries to hide it) and thus tries not to be a TOTAL jerkwad around her. My personal theory for why he tries to block you from going into her gym is he doesn't want her to suffer a defeat. I could be completely off the mark, but in my experience even the nastiest people have a soft spot somewhere, and to me at least it looks like that's where his is.

That line right there, maybe there was a time where he wasn't meant to put Gary Oak to shame, and that line is from there. Then he became the tool we all know and want to throw into the toxic water today.

Nah, Fern gave you one chance. He gave you a chance to not ruin his Swag in front of his sisters.

Guess what weyou did?

And yeah, it's like Etesian said.

I do remember that the "league Fern" would disconnect from battles he was losing. Cuz he was a douchebag, apparently~

• Administrators

Yeah.

"Sorry, my internet disconnected. We'll have to start the battle over."

Always conveniently when he was losing.

And he sometimes conveniently came back with an altered team.

Like okay Fern you pull that shit trying to lie to me AND the challenger one more time and my fist is gonna disconnect your face

Which is why Florinia joined the League as a challenger, for the sole purpose of steamrolling him.

And she did.

And then she forfeit her badge just so she could do it again, with a different team.

And again.

And...

It was awesome tbh.

Yeah.

"Sorry, my internet disconnected. We'll have to start the battle over."

Always conveniently when he was losing.

And he sometimes conveniently came back with an altered team.

Like okay Fern you pull that shit trying to lie to me AND the challenger one more time and my fist is gonna disconnect your face

Which is why Florinia joined the League as a challenger, for the sole purpose of steamrolling him.

And she did.

And then she forfeit her badge just so she could do it again, with a different team.

And again.

And...

It was awesome tbh.

That is beyond amazing. Makes me think of that "MONSUTAA CAADO!" scene from Yu-Gi-Oh.

Florinia is his actual sister?