Not sure if this is where it goes, but Beryl Ward Gothita is male?

XxSilentWinterxX

I know it's probably an error on text, but when you get the Gothita from the Beryl Library, Gothitelle talks about her Daughters yet you can get it as a male. I didn't know if it was a text error, or not. It's not game breaking, but I didn't know if it was intentional or something overlooked. ^^;; My shiny Gothita can't be Harley Quinn now. He's Balthazar.

This is a slight oversight due to the simple fact that the event Pokémon you receive will have its gender randomized. I'm not 100% sure that some event mons have set genders, but I'm pretty convinced some (if not all) trades have set genders, but obtainable event Pokémon don't.

Okay. Thanks. Though I soft resetted over 20 times for a female Growlithe at the ward (to breed for the mystery egg), and I always got female. O_o

Growlithe are 75% male, so it's not too surprising it's tough to get a female one (I'm assuming the second female is a typo). It is possible though…mine is testament to that.

Okay. Thanks. Though I soft resetted over 20 times for a female Growlithe at the ward (to breed for the mystery egg), and I always got female. O_o

They might have changed that because you have to give the police officer a Growlithe egg (not just a Growlithe anymore) to get the mystery egg, so that way you could get the egg before you get a ditto.

• Administrators

Correct, the Jasper Growlithe should always be female. We are able to set that.

I didn't have the code to set that when the Vulpix event was a thing.

Gothita is set to always be female as a species, so if you got a male one, it's an Essentials error, not an issue with the trade. I remember fixing an error regarding set gender recently, so hopefully it'll be solved as of E16

Correct, the Jasper Growlithe should always be female. We are able to set that.

I didn't have the code to set that when the Vulpix event was a thing.

Gothita is set to always be female as a species, so if you got a male one, it's an Essentials error, not an issue with the trade. I remember fixing an error regarding set gender recently, so hopefully it'll be solved as of E16

Are you sure? Bulbapedia says they have a gender ratio of 25% M to 75% F . . .

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Gothita_(Pokémon)

So, I would think that sometimes you could get a male one unless it was set to always be female in that event.

I have a male one, but then I got it when it was in the place that Espurr is now.

Edited by ReddestDream