The Quest for a competitive Shiny Lucario

Zzylard

As of Episode 15, there is a Lucario sidequest in Ametrine city where you can obtain a Riolu egg.

This is where they finally moved the Riolu event after Riolu being available early in-game in old, old episodes.

But, since it's an egg, soft-resetting is PRETTY darn difficult. So, I chain-bred for decent IVs.

And I ended up with THIS stud.

3ljfsMR.png

Unfortunately, I didn't put on egg moves... and this Lucario was MALE. I needed to breed with Hitmonlee and then Hitmonchan to get a moveset of Bullet Punch, High Jump Kick, Blaze Kick, Swords Dance (learns from level up).

nicyKxH.png

Breeding this with a ditto gives you a Tyrogue with High Jump Kick. This didn't really matter in the first place, since if you want bullet punch + blaze kick + hjk on a Lucario, you breed this with a Lucario first to get a riolu with Blaze kick + hjk (Hitmonchan doesn't inherit Blaze Kick).

So I take THIS

A2hfH7P.png

Give it some alone time with THIS

J6R186C.png

(By the way, do you guys know how difficult it is to get a female riolu?)

VVEyKyR.png

(I WASN'T EVEN TRYING TO BREED FOR SHININESS YET)

So, after that, I finally land a Lucario with the egg moves I want: Hi Jump Kick, Boolet Punch, 420 Blaze it Kick

And I start hoping for the best.

nuaiOl9.png

(Bottom line of Riolus are isolated because they have better ivs [3 x 31, 29 speed]

ui5a0jn.png

viR5RZF.png

The end result:

3BQnTSg.png

Bonus: With one of the good riolus, I made a special variant:

1ghpAQ8.png

wOA607z.png

I really hope you used CE to greatly speed the process up, I can't imagine how long all of that would've taken otherwise.

And btw, Ghost+Fighting is much better coverage than Dragon+Fighting, so give that special one Shadow Ball.

I really hope you used CE to greatly speed the process up, I can't imagine how long all of that would've taken otherwise.

And btw, Ghost+Fighting is much better coverage than Dragon+Fighting, so give that special one Shadow Ball.

I did, in fact; I had to use a different PC since my main PC actually uses a slower processor making CE's max multiplier ~2.0, whereas this other PC could actually push it up to 5x speed. It made it much quicker but I did the entire thing over around a weekend. It was hell.

And I'll see about the shadow ball thing; I actually put Water Pulse on there for the longest time. Lucario should get mega launcher; it learns literally all of the boosted moves except for Origin Pulse.

And I'll see about the shadow ball thing; I actually put Water Pulse on there for the longest time. Lucario should get mega launcher; it learns literally all of the boosted moves except for Origin Pulse.

Lucario doesn't learn Water Pulse. ;o

@Lostelle I'm actually quite surprised at the amount of non-water mons that CAN learn water pulse.

You can get serene grace Togekiss + Jirachi throwing out confuse hax like it's nobody's business.

http://www.serebii.net/attackdex-xy/waterpulse.shtml

Yeah, I was aware of that because I used to do some hardcore competitive in D/P and HG/SS, but I stopped after the first Black & White so I didn't know about the new tutors. :P

Impressive!

Though why Blaze Kick? Fire is super effective on Ice, Steel, Grass, and Bug, the former two of which Fighting already nails and the latter two aren't particularly worrisome to Lucario due to its typing. Would've thought Crunch would give better coverage, or Extremespeed if you want a stronger priority when Bullet Punch doesn't get the super effective hit.

Impressive!

Though why Blaze Kick? Fire is super effective on Ice, Steel, Grass, and Bug, the former two of which Fighting already nails and the latter two aren't particularly worrisome to Lucario due to its typing. Would've thought Crunch would give better coverage, or Extremespeed if you want a stronger priority when Bullet Punch doesn't get the super effective hit.

i have no clue. I just like the move. It fits well with the theme of super powerful max aura lucario.

I'll probably change it for Extremespeed.

I know the feels. And I didn't even speed the game up :wacko::wacko::wacko: got like 100 level 1 ones in the box.

N_ytt_kuva_2015_06_29_kello_2_11_35.png

N_ytt_kuva_2015_06_29_kello_2_12_27.png

N_ytt_kuva_2015_06_29_kello_2_12_40.png

That's a sexy sexy vileplume. G'damn even bred mooonblast onto it.

You could even get sunny day for the lols so that your move type matches your vileplume's petals

That's a sexy sexy vileplume. G'damn even bred mooonblast onto it.

You could even get sunny day for the lols so that your move type matches your vileplume's petals

Moonblast is a level up move, I think for Oddish only, but it might be Gloom as well.