Zebstrika Vs Golurk

Jacobliterator

I'm just grinding against Radomus at the moment, and I've decided I'll swap out one of my party members. Zebstrika is really fast and can set up with Charge Beams, but Golurk can hit hard with Earthquakes and Heavy Slam. Which one should I remove and what should I replace it with?

Here's my team.

Ruby Gloom (Gothielle)

Level 56

Mild

TwistedSpoon

Competitive

Embargo

Charge Beam

Psychic

Dark Pulse

Noibatman (Noivern)

Level 54

Brave

Infiltrator

Air Slash

Cut

Torment

Super Fang

Jacob (Blaziken)

Level 59

Adamant

Speed Boost

Black Belt

Blaze Kick

Sky Uppercut

Strength

Shadow Claw

Egg Golem (Golurk)

Level 55

Hasty

Iron Fist

Curse

Earthquake

Heavy Slam

DynamicPunch

Stripez (Zebstrika)

Level 53

Timid

Sap Sipper

Thrash

Wild Charge

Charge Beam

Discharge

The Machine (Klinklang)

Level 53

Brave

Clear Body

Gear Grind

Charge Beam

Rock Smash

Autotomize

I'm more or less even with Radomus, but Gardevoir always screws me over.

Edited by Jacobliterator

Golurk will be better than Zebstrika against Radomus for a few reasons: the advantage of ghost STAB over psychic, the fact Radomus likes to use Trick Room which means with Golurk's lower base speed it will be "faster" than Zebstrika, and the field effect Radomus uses gives psychic moves a secondary rock typing which Golurk resists being part ground type.

If you can, I'd suggest using the move relearner on Golurk to replace Curse with Shadow Punch, because after an Iron Fist and STAB boost, it is a 108 power move that can't miss. However, if you want to use Dynamic Punch, Golurk's ability can be changed to No Guard so Dynamic Punch doesn't miss.

Golurk will be better than Zebstrika against Radomus for a few reasons: the advantage of ghost STAB over psychic, the fact Radomus likes to use Trick Room which means with Golurk's lower base speed it will be "faster" than Zebstrika, and the field effect Radomus uses gives psychic moves a secondary rock typing which Golurk resists being part ground type.

If you can, I'd suggest using the move relearner on Golurk to replace Curse with Shadow Punch, because after an Iron Fist and STAB boost, it is a 108 power move that can't miss. However, if you want to use Dynamic Punch, Golurk's ability can be changed to No Guard so Dynamic Punch doesn't miss.

It shall be done then. Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Iron Fist is only beneficial to Hammer Arm and Shadow Punch, the former of which has imperfect accuracy (and lowers speed) and the latter has pretty low base power (108 after STAB?).

I personally use No Guard Golurk with Earthquake/Heavy Slam/Phantom Force/Dynamic Punch, quite effective.

Other suggestions:

Delete Embargo on Gothitelle and give it Grass Knot via TM.

Delete Cut and Torment, you can move tutor Dragon Pulse on Noivern (Dragon STAB definitely needed), and teach it Flamethrower via TM.

Similarly with Blaziken, you can move tutor High Jump Kick (not super useful for Radomus, but later yes) and Flare Blitz (neutral Flare Blitz hits harder than Super effective Shadow Claw).

Edited by Oracle

For Shadow Punch: 60 base power * 1.2 boost with Iron Fist = 72 * 1.5 for STAB = 108. Iron Fist can also be used to boost the power of the elemental punches when they are available. Hammer Arm with Iron Fist is one of Golurk's best moves at a boosted 120 power and the speed drop, while not exactly helpful, is usually not a huge deal since Golurk is slow anyway.

No Guard is good as well as an accurate Dynamic Punch with guaranteed confusion is great. However, No Guard also means all attacks aimed at Golurk won't ever miss either, even when using moves like Phantom Force, which can be a problem. Despite that, Phantom Force is still more powerful than Shadow Punch even with Iron Fist, and the AI isn't smart enough to take advantage of a multi-turn move by switching to a pokemon that resists or is immune to the attack. Phantom Force also attacks through and negates moves like Protect as a nice bonus.

So, either ability can work, the choice mainly depends on personal preference.

Iron Fist is only beneficial to Hammer Arm and Shadow Punch, the former of which has imperfect accuracy (and lowers speed) and the latter has pretty low base power (108 after STAB?).

I personally use No Guard Golurk with Earthquake/Heavy Slam/Phantom Force/Dynamic Punch, quite effective.

Other suggestions:

Delete Embargo on Gothitelle and give it Grass Knot via TM.

Delete Cut and Torment, you can move tutor Dragon Pulse on Noivern (Dragon STAB definitely needed), and teach it Flamethrower via TM.

Similarly with Blaziken, you can move tutor High Jump Kick (not super useful for Radomus, but later yes) and Flare Blitz (neutral Flare Blitz hits harder than Super effective Shadow Claw).

that isn't available at that point. I have gotten past the e14 leader and it is near route 4 caves which is after Radomus.