Leader #2: Head Instructor Florinia [NU]

Fumble

Previous (Julia, UU): http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=15452

Next (Doctor Sigmund Connal, Triples): Coming soon...

I really suck at OU for some reason, so I'm taking a break from doing the chain of Gym Leaders and I'm not doing Fern (both of which I plan on doing teams in OU). So while I'm still used to Electric types, we're going to a different "tier": Triples!

Alright, and we're back with Leader #2! This time we have Florinia, in the NU Tier! (Cradily was NU, and with Typhlosion and M-Camerupt now in RU, I thought NU would be perfect for this team!) Again, suggestions are appreciated!

At A Glance: 346MS.png332MS.png389MS.png597MS.png711MS.png045MS.png

Yep, we're bringing back bulky Sandstorm! Something to mention: Cradily, Cacnea, and Ferroseed are currently on E15 Rini's team, and Grotle used to be on there. We're still keeping our roots~ (pun unintended)

The Process:

Cradily is Rini's Ace, after all!

346MS.png

Now, Cradily's Sandstorm is the main strategy, so let's look for immunities, shall we?

346MS.png332MS.png389MS.png597MS.png

Gourgeist is one of my favorite NU Pokemon, so let's throw that in here, too!

346MS.png332MS.png389MS.png597MS.png711MS.png

Now we face a dilemma: Who shall be my last Pokemon? Vileplume, Roselia, Exeggutor, or Leavanny? Leavanny's Overcoat means it's immune to Sandstorm, and quick and powerful Knock Offs are tempting, but I truly need a Special Attacker. Roselia just didn't cut it, even with an Eviolite (Fern really is incompetent...). Finally, Vileplume was chosen over Exeggutor, since it had much better bulk as well as pretty good Special Attack!

346MS.png332MS.png389MS.png597MS.png711MS.png045MS.png

Analysis:

cradily.gif

Florinia (Cradily) (F) @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Sandstorm
- Infestation
- Recover
- Toxic
Cradily sets up 8 turn Sandstorm with Smooth Rock, and proceeds to Toxic, Recover if necessary, and use Infestation to trap opponents. It's always fun seeing Sun and Rain teams being shut down by Cradily! She's also immune to Water moves, which is handy, although not as much on a mono-Grass team. However, she's Taunt bait...
cacturne.gif
Cacturne @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Seed Bomb
- Switcheroo
Rather than having Scarfed Trick Rotom or Furret or something like that, there's Scarfed Switcheroo Cacturne on this team, instead! Anyways, Sucker Punch and Seed Bomb are STABs, and Drain Punch is coverage and recovery! Sand Veil gives immunity to Sandstorm and also some extra Evasion, I guess.
torterra.gif
Torterra @ Life Orb
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Synthesis
- Wood Hammer
- Stealth Rock
Life Orb Torterra with EQ and Wood Hammer is amazing, and I can always Synthesis the damage back up! And there's also Stealth Rock, since with so much bulk, Torterra can easily keep putting Rocks up after Defogs or Rapid Spins by the opponent.
ferroseed.gif
Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spikes
- Protect
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
Ferroseed's Spikes continues to increase the hazards on this team, but it's not just used for that! Iron Barbs with investments in Defense and Eviolite help make this Pokemon like it's parent, Ferrothorn! Plus Leech Seed and Protect can be used for more stalling, and Gyro Ball actually does some decent damage since Ferroseed has such low Speed.
gourgeist-super.gif
Gourgeist-Super @ Leftovers
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Leech Seed
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Sneak
- Substitute
Gourgeist's access to Will-o-Wisp was the main reason why I chose it. After burning Physical Attackers, I really don't have to worry about them doing too much damage and can proceed to Leech Seed and Shadow Sneak away! It's invested in Special defense more because, as I said, I'll be burning opponents to lower Attack. Sub also helps get a Will-o-Wisp or a Leech Seed off when you're against a set-up sweeper or a support Pokemon with Wish.
vileplume.gif
Vileplume @ Black Sludge
Ability: Effect Spore
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Aromatherapy
Vileplume has Giga Drain and Sludge Bomb as STABs, as well as Synthesis for extra recovery, combined with Black Sludge. This one's my only Special Attacker, but it's pretty bulky, so this Pokemon won't die too quickly!
Export:

Bold Nature
- Sandstorm
- Infestation
- Recover
- Toxic
Cacturne @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Seed Bomb
- Switcheroo
Torterra @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Wood Hammer
- Synthesis
Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Spikes
- Protect
- Leech Seed
Calm Nature
- Leech Seed
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Sneak
- Substitute
Vileplume @ Black Sludge
Modest Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Aromatherapy
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis

Maybe the spoiler things are broken cuz I put them in size 12 font to take up less space in the "Editing Post"? Oh well, I kinda like it like this anyway.
Threats:
Half of this team is Taunt bait...
Sap Sipper exists... T-T
Trick/Switcheroo Scarf users...
Specific Pokemon: Bouffalant with Sap Sipper and Megahorn, Rapidash (if there's no hazards up yet), Malamar, Sneasel, Gallade, etc.
Any others?
Stay tuned for next time, as I'll be doing more Electric types with Dr. Sigmund Connal in Triples!

Bouffalant ((which is... a Buffalo by the way Author lol.)), Girafarig, Gogoat, Miltank, Sliggoo ((which is used ever now and then, pretty rare to my knowledge though.)), Sawsbuck, Stantler, and Zebstrika are all the mons that get Spa Sipper in NU

((and... funnily enough... mostly the only ones that do of fully evo'd mons. Goodra and Azu are the only others that aren't NFEs that weren't mentioned.))

Out of all of all these Bouffalant is probably the biggest issue especially if it is running Megahorn. Girafarig tends to Baton Pass so doesn't aim to kill, non issue, Gogoat's coverage doesn't really afford anything to hit other Grass types back but it an boost up for Free, and if it hits plus 6 it will start hurting regardless. Miltank tends to like Thick Fat, so you jsut need to predict the ability well. ((both are useful to it as a wall.)), Sliggoo as I said... is pretty rare to my knowledge, Sawsbuck has a similar issue to Gogoat, however, it gets Jump Kick which is neutral to msot of your mons and SE on Cradily behind it's Swords Dance. Stantler prefers Intimidate, but can run it so be careful. It has the most neutral cover but cannot set up on you. Zebstrike is big bad number 2 next to Bouf if not worse. It can pack Fire Type moves which are scary for everyone but Cradily.

On Cradily... I personally really don't like the Stockpile set. What on earth is the point of setting up if you can't attack back? You are a straight up sitting duck. I would replace Sandstorm or Stockpile with Giga... Sandstorm really doesn;t do anything for this team in the slightest other than provide passive damage and give tiny other bonuses. ((like Weee SpDef on Cradily...oh boyo that is so needed on a mon that is already solid SpDef and has a move that is boosting that stats already. ANd the Evasion Boost on Cacturne is jsut eh...)) I jsut don't think it is worth making Crad pretty much worthless from much less upside. Like Giga Drain is way more useful to you than Sandstorm is imo.

There is also a lot of what I call Status Overload. I personally don't like to have more than 1 or 2 different types of statuses. ((not counting sleep.)), as you can only put one on each enemy mon. You have every single Status in the game on your team and a Effect SPore User... that is waaay too much status. Like... having T-Wave, Will-O and Toxic on all the same team is way too much status. I would suggest Gyro Ball on Ferroseed. As the thing is slow as hell it usually hits for very high damage and it gives you a decent STAB Steel move for those pesky Ice Types.

On Torterra, what is Superpower for? Is there a reason you have chosen to run this for Coverage? The only thing I can see it being used for it the Normal Type I mentioned above, but I think all of them beat Tort 1 on 1. I'd ahve to calc them but it would take awhile so I won't right now lol.

If you are looking for another special attacker to replace Vile your best bet is Simisage! It's pretty fast and has strong attack options. Plus it can learn Nasty Plot to hit even stronger!
Exeggutor is another pokemon that can fulfill the role of a special attacker. It can ever run a Trick Room set since your team is rather slow.
Victreebel should be mentioned cause it gets Weather Ball, wich becomes a 100 power rock type move in Sandstorm!

Also I agree with Hukuna that you should drop Stockpile from Cradily for Giga Drain, and that Superpower on Torterra is a bit useless ouside from hitting some Normal and Dark type pokes. Air Balloon Probopass and Bastiodon are not even a threat and you can still pop the ballon 1st before slam them with EQ, Aurorus gets OHKO even with EQ unless it has def investment which is very rare and Eviolite Sneasel can be OHKO with EQ after Stealth Rock damage in the switch in

There are a couple of things you should fix set wise. I will be a little blunt, but no offense in regards to what I say.

First of all, Ferroseed would appreciate having its HP maxed over its Defenses. This generally gives more bulk than putting them in its Defenses, and you generally don't have to put them in both stats since you could just concentrate on Special Defense EVs and run a +Defense Nature. I'd also recommend Spikes over Stealth Rock given it's one of rare Grass types that get it, and leave the SR set up to Cradily.

If you're going to run only Attack moves on your Gourgeist, wouldn't Impish be superior to Bold as a Nature? I'm also not really impressed about Shadow Sneak as an attack move since I don't find it really consistent damage-wise.

Sleep Powder's also an option on Vileplume, and I'm sure your team can appreciate that a lot, although I can't object if you're running Specs or AV.

I guess that's it. A pretty interesting team.

Those investiments on both Def and SpDef are something I really don't like. What's the point in having high defenses if your HPs are kinda meh (Cradily) or just absolute crap (Ferroseed)? You will be going down anyway! Therefore, IMO you need to pick the side on which you want to wall, and invest in HP. And I have also minor issues with other members of your team, but let's proceed in order-

In Cradily's case, Sandstorm will boost an already good SpDef, therefore it is smart to invest in Def. Also the others are right in saying that a Stockpile set with no attacks is a sitting duck to every single Pokemon with Substitute in this world, therefore here is what you should do:

Bold Nature
- Sandstorm
- Giga Drain
- Recover
- Toxic
OR, if you really feel like trolling (and solving what Hukuna called the "status overload" problem), you could give it Impish Nature instead, and Infestation over Giga Drain. Between the continuous damage from Infestation, the chip damage from Sandstorm and the Toxic damage, wearing down bulky Pokemon that threaten your team but aren't an immediate danger to Cradily (Like Miltank) will be easy... Give it a try!
Now for Cacturne: Sucker Punch on a Scarf set is a very very bad, because if you lock yourself into it and your opponent picks Substitute, you have given them a free turn of setting up. I therefore recommend either going Life Orb instead (with Sucker Punch, you don't need the speed anyway) or, if you are really dead set into using Choice Scarf, consider Switcheroo over D-bond, to cripple walls and get yourself a more useful item to use with Sucker Punch.
Torterra is a great bulky attacker for NU, however it is not wise to give it LO and 4 attacks IMO, not when there are other things it can do better, and its not like giving it all this firepower is going to help it beat its checks either (I mean even if you have Superpower, for example, you'll never get to use it realistically, because for example Cryogonal is faster). Not to mention the fact that you already have a dedicated physical attacker in Cacturne. So here is what you should do: keeping the same EVs, put lefties over LO, Wood Hammer over Seed Bomb for extra damage, Stealth Rock over Superpower, and Synthesis over Stone Edge. This way, you will be the bane of all the Ground and/or Rock-type Pokemon in the tier, making it easy for you to stay healthy and set up Stealth Rock multiple times, while still hitting pretty hard with Wood Hammer and EQ.
Ferroseed has crappy HP, so investing in both defenses, when Eviolite is already boosting them, is unwise. Since you will mostly be switching this guy into physical attackers to try and take advantage from Iron Barbs, I recommend investing in Def (248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpDef with Impish nature). And since Torterra has Stealth Rock, Ferroseed can run Spikes now, incrementing exponentially the amount of indirect damage you can deal.
4 attacks on Vileplume is unwise. You don't need a dedicated special attacker because this team is more about wearing down opponents anyway, and your physical attackers are mortally afraid of being burned, so you should make this one a special tank with Synthesis and Aromatherapy. Something like this:
Vileplume @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Modest Nature
- Synthesis
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Aromatherapy

Well this is all. I am actually going to try this out (with my edits) on SD now, because I really like the idea ;)

EDIT: had a couple of battles with this team with the changes I suggested and... RUN SUBSTITUTE ON GOURGEIST. Seriously, this thing is godly in the current NU meta. Basically, the same set you are running but with Substitute over Pain Split. You wouldn't believe how many more chances your'll get to burn and seed opponents this way... Here are a couple of examples of what this team is now capable of:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nu-241932596

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nu-241933657

A well played sneasel: Rip grass monotype

Anyways, you don't really have a win condition, so I recommend ludicolo over cacturne. Scarf cacturne isn't great, I honestly prefer the life orb set, and even with a scarf it doesn't outspeed stuff like archeops or sneasel, while ludicolo gives you a fast hard hitter if you are able to set up. And rain also takes care of your huge fire weakness.

Ludicolo @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rain Dance
- Hydro Pump
- Giga Drain
- Ice Beam
I also recommend this EV spread for ferroseed

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Protect / Knock Off / whatever
- Spikes
With this change I think stealth rocks cradily will be better over your sand stally set.
Gourgeist-Super @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Will-O-Wisp
- Synthesis
- Seed Bomb
I think this should solve your problem with things like gallade and sneasel, since they destroy your team atm.
Edited by Follow

Previous (Julia, UU): http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=15452

Next (Doctor Sigmund Connal, Triples): Coming soon...

I really suck at OU for some reason, so I'm taking a break from doing the chain of Gym Leaders and I'm not doing Fern (both of which I plan on doing teams in OU). So while I'm still used to Electric types, we're going to a different "tier": Triples!

Alright, and we're back with Leader #2! This time we have Florinia, in the NU Tier! (Cradily was NU, and with Typhlosion and M-Camerupt now in RU, I thought NU would be perfect for this team!) Again, suggestions are appreciated!

At A Glance: 346MS.png332MS.png389MS.png597MS.png711MS.png045MS.png

Yep, we're bringing back bulky Sandstorm! Something to mention: Cradily, Cacnea, and Ferroseed are currently on E15 Rini's team, and Grotle used to be on there. We're still keeping our roots~ (pun unintended)

The Process:

Cradily is Rini's Ace, after all!

346MS.png

Now, Cradily's Sandstorm is the main strategy, so let's look for immunities, shall we?

346MS.png332MS.png389MS.png597MS.png

Gourgeist is one of my favorite NU Pokemon, so let's throw that in here, too!

346MS.png332MS.png389MS.png597MS.png711MS.png

Now we face a dilemma: Who shall be my last Pokemon? Vileplume, Roselia, Exeggutor, or Leavanny? Leavanny's Overcoat means it's immune to Sandstorm, and quick and powerful Knock Offs are tempting, but I truly need a Special Attacker. Roselia just didn't cut it, even with an Eviolite (Fern really is incompetent...). Finally, Vileplume was chosen over Exeggutor, since it had much better bulk as well as pretty good Special Attack!

346MS.png332MS.png389MS.png597MS.png711MS.png045MS.png

Analysis:

cradily.gif

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Sandstorm
- Stockpile
- Recover
- Toxic
Cradily sets up 8 turn Sandstorm with Smooth Rock, and proceeds to Toxic, Recover if necessary, and Stockpile three times to become a tank for both Special and Physical hits (hence 252 EVs in both Defense and Special Defense). It's always fun seeing Sun and Rain teams being shut down by Cradily! She's also immune to Water moves, which is handy, although not as much on a mono-Grass team. However, she's Taunt bait, and I don't know what to replace with Giga Drain...
cacturne.gif
Cacturne @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Seed Bomb
- Destiny Bond
Scarfed Cacturne with D-Bond is inspired from ShadyPenguinn's Scarfed Haunter with D-Bond. Hopefully, I can predict when Cacturne will be going down and D-Bond! Or maybe Cacturne will be saved til the end, D-Bonding the last Pokemon if you have more than one for a easy victory (unless the opponent doesn't use an Attack...) Anyways, Sucker Punch and Seed Bomb are STABs, and Drain Punch is coverage and recovery! Sand Veil gives immunity to Sandstorm and also some extra Evasion, I guess.
torterra.gif
Torterra @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Seed Bomb
- Superpower
My main Physical Attacker on the team, Torterra with Life Orb will hopefully destroy others with STAB Earthquake and Seed Bomb and coverage Stone Edge and Superpower. Speed is traded for HP, making this thing pretty bulky! Ice moves, however...
ferroseed.gif
Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Thunder Wave
- Leech Seed
Ferroseed usually can live at least one non-Super Effective hit with investments in both Defense and Special Defense and Eviolite and manage to get up Stealth Rock, useful for wearing down the opponent, especially if they have Vivillon, Pyroar, etc. If I can, I'll try to Knock Off Items, paralyze the opponent with Thunder Wave, or just continue wearing them down with Leech Seed.
gourgeist-super.gif
Bold Nature
- Leech Seed
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Sneak
- Pain Split
Gourgeist's access to Will-o-Wisp was the main reason why I chose it. After burning Physical Attackers, I really don't have to worry about them doing too much damage and can proceed to Leech Seed and Shadow Sneak away! It's invested in Special defense more because, as I said, I'll be burning opponents to lower Attack. Pain Split is another way to deal damage as well as heal up a bit more!
vileplume.gif
Vileplume @ Black Sludge
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [ice]
Now, this is the one I was having trouble deciding what to do. In need of a Special Attacker, I put STAB Giga Drain and Sludge Bomb as well as coverage Moonblast and Hidden Power Ice here. I could potentially run Choice Specs for more power or Assault Vest for more bulk, but that means Giga Drain is the only way to recover health and Vileplume's Special Attack and Special Defense are already pretty decent. If you have any suggestions for this one, let me know!
Export:

Calm Nature
- Sandstorm
- Stockpile
- Recover
- Toxic
Cacturne @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Seed Bomb
- Destiny Bond
Torterra @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Seed Bomb
- Superpower
Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Thunder Wave
- Leech Seed
Bold Nature
- Leech Seed
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Sneak
- Pain Split
Vileplume @ Black Sludge
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [ice]

Maybe the spoiler things are broken cuz I put them in size 12 font to take up less space in the "Editing Post"? Oh well, I kinda like it like this anyway.
Threats:
Half of this team is Taunt bait...
Statuses prevent my bulky Pokemon from effectively walling things, especially with no Heal Bell...
Ice moves are pretty common...
Any others?
Stay tuned for next time, as I'll be doing more Electric types with Dr. Sigmund Connal in Triples!

Guess what?

you forgot FLORGEES

Tbh It needs a another type but it looks like grass

so it's a-not-so-legit grass type but in my list it makes the cut

cuz if i were to run a grass mono Florgees would probably be in it

why not why not why not

Also, Florges is UU, not NU...

Like Florges, Sceptile is UU, not NU.

Okay just edited mah post and decide to stop putting random pokemon...

Leafeon is a good pick...Leafeon's good Speed tier allows it to outspeed key threats such as Klinklang, Lilligant, Magmortar, Mesprit, Zangoose, Rotom, and Sawk. Leafeon also has access to a great boosting move in Swords Dance, which complements its excellent Attack stat. Moreover, Leafeon is one of the few physical sweepers in the tier that can beat the ever-so-popular defensive threat Quagsire.