I don't really know how to write a decent introduction for this, so I'm just going to jump right into it after a few notes of warning.

• Long text wall incoming. If you don't really care about earthquakes, the Philippines, or, well, me, you might want to skip this topic altogether and find a more suitable and lighthearted read elsewhere. I'm not going to fault (pun semi-intended) you if you don't really pay any heed to this.
  • As much as I wish I were kidding (actually I... wouldn't even joke or post about these kinds of things unless it was legitimately serious or something that worried me a lot ._.), I'm dead serious about this topic. I'm definitely going to attempt to inject some humor into this cause I can't stand being a hundred percent serious (it's boring af), but jokes aside, I am taking this topic and bit of news very seriously. I'm not making anything up.
  • This is also more of a heads-up from me, since earthquakes are nigh unpredictable and hell can break loose any given moment.
  • No, you can't have my penguin hat if I do die. okay I'm sorry for the dark humor
  • This is a just-in-case kind of post, by the way; the quake hasn't happened. If it did, uh... I probably wouldn't have been able to post this or be able to be online at all :x but I appreciate the concern everybody's been showing. ^^"

There's a possibility that my country, the Philippines, is going to be hit by a massive earthquake with a magnitude between 6.5-7.2 damn it, Terra. Since where I live and where I study are within 500 meters to a kilometer of a major fault line known as the West Valley Fault, chances are I might not... get out of this or recovery from it quickly. Assuming that reality's RNG is compassionate and somehow really really fond of me and I don't come out as a casualty, obviously things like power lines, Wi-Fi, phone connection could possibly go out of commission for... A really long time, knowing how slowly my government moves and responds to things. >> There's, of course, the possible issue of having to fight for necessities like water and food, medical attention, and most importantly, loved ones cause anarchy is going to be a thing for sure.

And if Gaea and Oceanus conspire to be assholes, we might also get swamped by a tsunami similar to what happened in Japan. Unfortunately, like I said, we're probably not going to recover from this as quickly as our senpai country did and could.

The point that I'm trying to make here is that I have no idea when, but I might suddenly just disappear as a result of Terra's b00ty the earthquake. I'm not going to sugarcoat it, either-- chances are I might not even come back. Even if I do survive and not come out of it a psychological and physical wreck and still be sane and capable enough to use a computer, I don't know when I can pop back on here and go all "Hey look, I'm alive! Wololo \o/" all dandy and fine. Of course, if and if I do make it out alive, I promise to let you all know. inb4 "no that's okay zephy we won't miss you" jokes

Another point I'd like to bring up-- nay, "favor" would probably be a better word for it-- in advance , is that if you're capable, please, please help my country out. There are probably going to be relief operations and outreach programs that'll happen in the aftermath of the disaster. Or even if you can't spare some change, something simple like moral support via a thought and/or a prayer would do. Whether I return or not doesn't really matter for this. But chances are, taking a more sentimental and obvious-reasoned path first, my family, relatives, and friends could still be alive in the aftermath trying to survive. I'm not exaggerating, here; one of the major structures I saw that could and would be affected is a reservoir and dam from which 97% of Metro Manila (which has a population of 11,855,975, as of the 2010 census) gets its water supply. People are assholes by nature definitely going to fend for themselves and may resort to outright stealing and/or shanking other people for their stuff. If you want more numbers, here's an article on the possible megaquake.

And finally, I'd just like to make clear that I'm not asking to be treated like a dying girl, a princess, or whatever and get special treatment for this. Hell no. I just wanted to let the community know in advance that if I were to suddenly not be around, there's a good reason for it that isn't emotional stress and/or schoolwork for once hooray. It's not like I can just announce on the server right on the spot that the ground's heaving and that I g2g (technically I could, but that's stupid for obvious reasons, so I won't). In the case that I've made you worry about me, or earthquakes, or just worry in general, I'm really sorry. Don't worry, I'm actually a lot more scared about this than I sound.

I uh, have no idea how to close this, so I'm just going to end it with these things:

1. Take care, Reborn. Uhm. Please try not to lose sleep over me by the way ><

2. In case I didn't make it clear before, I want to thank all of you here and now for being the community that you are. Especially to my wacky Reborn family that doesn't make any sense. Those whom I love dearly here or mess around with enough to consider a good acquaintance or friend-- you know who you are. And even if you're not one of them and probably haven't interacted with me as much, you're still a great person and a part of Reborn... so you're not exempted from this sudden show of gratitude and love. Grab a slice of kokoro and sit down, friend/person-I-don't-really-know-but-assume-to-be-decent.

3. fking jackasses outside blasting out loud music

4. Here's some things to cheer you up in case I did suddenly depress you.

Huh...well that sucks, to say the least. I suppose my best response in light of this would be that I hope you reach the most positive outcome of this situation \o/. No but for real, a cool head and a light heart are some of the best things to have in a difficult time, so I know either way you'll be better off than most :>.

• Support Squad

Of course best wishes go with you Zeph. I think the proverb "Hope for the best, prepare for the worst" is applicable here and I'm going to hope harder than anything in my life. It's your job to prepare accordingly, capiche?

Regardless, ain't no daughter of mine gonna get set back by something as petty as an Earthquake, We'll just levitate the whole damn country and say "Fuck you nature"

Aye Zeph, thanks for the heads up on your situation. We'll hope for the best. Actually, no.

I'll hope for something even better than the best. I'll hope nothing happens to you. In fact, you said that there's a possibility your country might be hit by an Earthquake? So I'll hope it stays as a possiblity only, and that it doesn't happen.

And should the worst come to happen, I'll be prepared for it. You'll be missed, that's for sure.

btw, this did leave me sad, but...

Regardless, ain't no daughter of mine gonna get set back by something as petty as an Earthquake, We'll just levitate the whole damn country and say "Fuck you nature"

dammit Dobby that was too good. Not sad anymore, just worried.

Remember we love you Zephy, and that all of our thoughts, prayers, and well wishes go with you and the rest of the Philippines. Stay as safe as you can, and should you disappear, we'll look forward to your hopeful return. Stay strong, dearest twin sister <3

I know that feeling. :( I'm honestly very scared.

Just remember: magplano, magsiguro, makibalita ~ I'm sure we'll get through this, kabayan. c:

Huh...well that sucks, to say the least. I suppose my best response in light of this would be that I hope you reach the most positive outcome of this situation \o/. No but for real, a cool head and a light heart are some of the best things to have in a difficult time, so I know either way you'll be better off than most :>.

what is a cool head is it something you eat

jk, but hey, thanks for the encouragement. I'll do my best to live up to what I guess you think of me when shit actually hits XD

Of course best wishes go with you Zeph. I think the proverb "Hope for the best, prepare for the worst" is applicable here and I'm going to hope harder than anything in my life. It's your job to prepare accordingly, capiche?

Of course, mum. My IRL mum and I've actually been discussing what to do in case shit strikes and stuff and are preparing things like extra clothes to keep in the car and in a locker at school.

also oml Dobs that made me laugh a little too hard. Thanks for the cheer <3

We'll all miss you Zeph. I'll keep hoping for the best though!

If I have say in the scheme of things and the workings of Mother Nature, it's that I won't be going anywhere and will be here to stay with you all. <3 Until the quake happens, I'm going to be here as frequently as I can... cause apparently I uh... made some people worry so much and now I'm worried that they might lose sleep over me x: oops

Good luck with yourself and your loved ones.

thanks. \o/

Well, hard to find anything at all to say... Instinct would be to say "get the hell out of there ASAP" but... Eh, I wonder if that is even doable at all for you and your family?

Good sir, if I could, I would have moved elsewhere already if I could. But we're here now and we don't really have the money or resources to evacuate, so I guess there's nothing to be done but to keep a stiff upper lip and press on and prepare for the worst. But either way, thanks for the thought; we'll take as much care as possible.

Good luck, Zeph! Hopefully you and your family and friends make it out of there...

Yeah, I do hope so too. Ty ~

Aye Zeph, thanks for the heads up on your situation. We'll hope for the best. Actually, no.

I'll hope for something even better than the best. I'll hope nothing happens to you. In fact, you said that there's a possibility your country might be hit by an Earthquake? So I'll hope it stays as a possiblity only, and that it doesn't happen.

And should the worst come to happen, I'll be prepared for it. You'll be missed, that's for sure.

btw, this did leave me sad, but...

dammit Dobby that was too good. Not sad anymore, just worried.

Some scientists say that it's definitely going to happen cause of stuff they studied regarding when the last time a huge quake happened and etc etc x: But I do hope too that nothing happens. I can't live a day without internet or electricity, man.

also nooo pls no sadderino :c Shit happens, but till then, I'm here to wololo with you all \o/

Remember we love you Zephy, and that all of our thoughts, prayers, and well wishes go with you and the rest of the Philippines. Stay as safe as you can, and should you disappear, we'll look forward to your hopeful return. Stay strong, dearest twin sister <3

How can I forget? You guys remind me every chance you get, even without using words or saying it outright. <3 Thanks for the thoughts and considerations for my country too ~ and like always, we'll be careful as possible.

by the way, just to be clear: the quake hasn't happened yet :x this is really more of a heads-up thing guys