Team Help

Blazennight283

I would like some help on my team right now, as It isn't the most incredible team. I'm still new here, so i'll only list the levels and moves of the pokemon It is Mamoswine lvl 62 earthquake, blizzard,ancient power, thrash, Empoleon lvl 69,Brick break, surf, hydro pump, drill peck, Drapion lvl 62 Dark Pulse Cross Poison,Rain Dance,Toxic spike, Pyroar lvl 71,flamethrower,endeavor,overheat,crunch. Meowstic(female) Lvl 68, Signal beam, Psychic, Flash, Shadow Ball. And Finally, Torterra level 70, Earthquake Giga drain, crunch Grass Pledge. Although it may seem very bad, Mamoswine covers a lot of pokemon and takes care of grass types even easier than pyroar, but I'd like some tips, like what moves should I change? (If you would like me to get something back at reborn city, i can't since I'm up Terra)

the first thing i noticed, take of grass pledge on torterra and give him leech seed or synthesis maybe. Second maybe it would be nice to give empoleon a better move the drill peck like maybe aqua jet for priority, or metal claw for the variety maybe in moveset. Your team looks all right imo not much u can change in moveset to make it better but one thing i would do is make meowstic have trick room cuz ur team is slow and that works perfectly for your team and if you want replacements i suggest maybe ralts instead of meowstic or get a roserade instead of torterra because roserade is very good in this game.

You're not doing yourself any favours with Blizzard Mamoswine. You can get Icicle Crash instead. I'm also surprised you don't have Ice Shard, it's almost a must on something that's neither terribly fast nor very bulky. And for the 4th move (keep EQ), you can also breed Body Slam; it's high para rate goes very well with IC's high flinch rate.

I assume you went with that because of Empoleon's bad level-up pool? Cause I'd definitely recommend you get Ice Beam, Grass Knot and Agility, makes it an actually very efficient sweeper. Grass Knot is there because only Water types resist both Water and Ice. To get Ice Beam, you need to go back to an episode tgat has the old breeding mechanics. The pinned guide in this section has a link to one of those, as well as detailed explanations of everything you may need and ways to greatly speed up the whole process, even the specific chain for Agility and Ice Beam is listed (Grass Knot being a TM in the game). Feel free to send me a PM if you need any help.

Your team is a ton of hard hitters. Compared to what they can do in one hit, T-Spijes damage is next to nothing. Drapion is also a physical attacker, no need for Dark Pulse, give it Night Slash instead. Also, pre-E13 gets you Swords Dance and either Dig or Agility, depending on which you'd prefer: Dig helps out your coverage a bit while Agility makes a sweep much easier, since Drapion's speed could be better. Just send it out against a physical attacker and setting up one of each SD and Agility should be no big issueost of the time.

Ditch Crunch, Pyroar's physical attack is bad. You could give it Dark Pulse instead. Also, Endeavor isn't the best thing ever to use on something with Pyroar's "defenses". Give it Hyper Voice for a secondary STAB instead.

I'd reeeeally recommend ditching Meowstic, it's far outlived it's usefulness at that point. Want me to think of some options to replace it? Cause there's plenty that would do better.

Dotch Giga Drain and Grass Pledge, Torterra is a physical attacker and you don't have a way to utilize the pledges' effect anyways. I'd say give it Wood Hammer and either Curse or Superpower. Torterra does very well with a Curse set. Another option is making it's 4th move Rock Polish, though it's not as efficient as Curse.

It's very hard for me to breed atm since I'm actually up to Terra, and i can't go back to the city for breeding, unless there is another source.

Im thinking of getting Gardevoir instead of my Mewstic but it has was such a sweeper, and I'm not sure about rats right now.

Edited by Blazennight283

Well, you can either beat Terra and go back or download E13 and go back before beating her.

Believe me, it's done it's part. I'd recommend Reuniclus instead of Gardevoir, their special attack stats are the same and for the other stats, Reuniclus is better. It can also set up Trick Room, which your team would benefit from, muuuuch easier than Gardevoir. I'd recommend a set of Psychic, Trick Room, Shadow Ball, HP Fighting/Signal Beam.

Like I said, you can go back by beating Terra or by going back to E13 or E12 (and making sure you're not in any area introduced after the episode you choose (so don't be in any of the mountains, basically)).

Thanks Vinny!

I've noticed that some pokemon can't learn some moves? Is that normal? I mean, i do know that a pokemon can't learn all the moves, but I'm talking about moves it can learn via tm, some it can't learn. i tried teaching dark pulse to pyroar and it couldn't learn it, any idea?

I've noticed that some pokemon can't learn some moves? Is that normal? I mean, i do know that a pokemon can't learn all the moves, but I'm talking about moves it can learn via tm, some it can't learn. i tried teaching dark pulse to pyroar and it couldn't learn it, any idea?

Oh, nothing to worry about, some Gen 6 'mons TM/tutor move compatibility has minor mistakes here and there. Most were supposed to be fixed for E15 though, are you playing that? If you are, I guess that's another oversight.

Glad to hear it! And you're welcome :)

But wait, did you mean Grass Knot on Empoleon or Torterra? Cause you said Torterra and that's really not the best thing to give to it, a physical attacker.