[Spoilers] MVP of Episode 15 [Spoilers]

ShadowStar

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Blake + Fern double battle was way harder for me than it should have been, because Florinia had a habit of using Earthquake while I had a Ground-weak Pokémon out and the opponents had a Ground-immune Pokémon out. It was basically a 1v3 battle.

So I'd have Magnezone out, Fern has Haxorus with like 2 HP left, and Blake has Rotom-F.

Florinia thinks it's a good idea to USE EARTHQUAKE, bringing me down to my Sturdy and finishing off the Haxorus that would've gone down to the sandstorm anyway. Meanwhile, the Rotom outspeeds my Magnezone and hits both of us with Blizzard.

WHY DOES FLORINIA EVEN HAVE TWO POKEMON THAT ARE QUAD-WEAK TO ICE, ANYWAY

That's ame's punishment for the players who did not defeat solaris back in apophyl, otherwise Julia's kabooms would have helped you :(

Edited by Knight_Teutonic

That's ame's punishment for the players who did not defeat solaris back in apophyl, otherwise Julia's kabooms would have helped you :(

...But I DID defeat Solaris in Apophyll.

My Shiny Archeops Named Ace went crazy at Ciel's gym, my Archeops is physical but it has ancientpower (because YOLO) anyway it got THREE ap boosts in 5 turns and it just totally rekt her team, when it was her Archeops vs. my shiny +3 one I felt soo bad for her haha and now I know AP stays on my Archeops because RNG loves him :)

PS. My Mamoswine (Debo) put in a lot of work in the Water Treatment place, that pulse swalot didn't like the life orb earthquakes hahah

Nice. I affectionately refer to them as "god boosts."

Wait, we can get Life Orb? Did you Thief it from an ally in a previous episode or something?

My Eruption Typhlosion, Clayton, absolutely. Laughed at the Fern & Blake duo and Solaris. Belle-Cinccino gave no chance for Ciel. Scope Lens Skill Link Rock Blast - total domination.

If you beat Solaris at Pyrous, Julia will help you only in the Solaris battle. You will always battle with Rini in the first two double battles. Edited by Chilibunny

My Eruption Typhlosion, Clayton, absolutely. Laughed at the Fern & Blake duo and Solaris. Belle-Cinccino gave no chance for Ciel. Scope Lens Skill Link Rock Blast - total domination.

If you beat Solaris at Pyrous, Julia will help you only in the Solaris battle. You will always battle with Rini in the first two double battles.

Cinccino has always been one of my favorite Pokemon. May have to try it out in the future. Who knows? Maybe a Normal-Mono~

Cinccino has always been one of my favorite Pokemon. May have to try it out in the future. Who knows? Maybe a Normal-Mono~

Cinccino has a special place in my heart. The little fuzzball OHKO'd all of Marlon's Pokémon when I used it in my White 2 Challenge Mode run.

SubSplit Rotom-W was a god for me in both the double battles and Ciel's gym. Wore things down, haxed things with discharge, somehow ignored BLOODY TOGEKISS AND ITS SMEGGING FLINCHAX long enough to get a key pain split off and force the AI into bad decision making. Honourable mentions to shiny gardevoir for setting trick-room at clutch moments and walrein for making the PULSE fight easier + being good under trick room against ciel.

I am stunned at the complete lack of speed investment on both fern and blakes pokemon though? Haxorus at least should've been outspeeding most of my team. That being said, curse everything about contrary serperior, who forced me to restart the double battle sequence and make sure I set trick room at a key moment (florina is much more useful if you use that field condition, let alone how damn difficult serperior is to defeat if you don't have a crobat)

I finally fight the gym

Its not that hard, I do need to replay twice and train my new Bisharp, but after finishing my Bisharp, I easily win it

I mean, Iron Head with Scope Lens Bisharp managed to OHK Ciel's Archelops(who seems like a good Pokemon to get out when I have Bisharp at full health)

Meanwhile Gliscor is beaten to fainting by my Walrein, Frost Breath beat everything

And the best of all, Sceptile, who managed to Leaf Storm Mega Altaria when I'm about to lose

Conclusion: Steel-type screw Ciel so hard its not funny :v

For my Bug monotype, half the team carried the weight (being Escavalier, Galvantula, and Crustle), and the other half floundered about and ended up being dead weight, sadly (Heracross, Leavanny, Yanmega).

Galvantula's Sticky Web made the 3 double battles manageable (cleared on the first try, surprisingly), and its T-wave helped beat the PULSE and Ciel's Altaria. Crustle blasted through half of Ciel's team and virtually swept Blake/Fern with Shell Smash. Escavalier 2HKOed the PULSE with +6 Drill Run, tanked just about everything from Blake/Fern, and KOed Togekiss and MegaAlt.

The other three were basically death fodder :-/

Edited by ChineseSkyCandy

Excadrill completely walled the pulse mon (immune to Discharge and Sludgewave, and resists Infestation). In the double battles, sand rush + partner Hippo's sand stream means EQ sweep. I didn't even use it against Ciel cause it was already at the level cap.

• 1 month later...

The water treatment plant : Vengeance (Blaziken) and Haste (Magnezone). Haste for the Pulse and Vengeance for Taka

The 3 double battles : Faith (Breloom) and Anger (Mamoswine). Breloom = dead to all non-Grass type, Mamoswine = dead to Fern (beside Scizor)

Seel fight : Pain (Metagross), it killed Togekiss in 2 turns, killed Archeops in 1 (Bullet Punch). Anger handled her Gliscor and Noivern, while Brute (Ampharos) handled Talonflame. Haste took care of Altaria.

• 1 month later...

Tbh all of them did really good job and none were dead weight (unlike mid game Loudred and pre 60 Gatr) but I guess Exploud for basically one shotting Mega Altaria and Gliscor, and Feraligatr for helping me defeat the witch that is Charlotte.

Bonus points to a random vanillish that helped me defeat Swalot