Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

Breeding Aqua jet and Belly Drum Maril

ceyw

Question

I'm trying to get a Maril with both Aqua Jet and Belly Drum. What did I do wrong?

I Bred : Aqua Jet Golduck + Maril = Maril with Aqua jet

Then,

Bred: Belly Drum Poliwag + Aqua Jet Maril = Belly Drum Maril

As you can see I got a Maril with Belly Drum but no Aqua Jet. Shouldn't both egg moves be inherited?

11 answers to this question

If you are using a pre E13 version only the father can pass egg moves. But with gen 6 mechanics both parents can pass egg moves! Normally it should have worked the way you did it, but be sure that you are using a newer version with the new breeding mechanics

Breed the Marill that knows Aqua Jet and the Marill that knows Belly Drum, therefore the result would be a Marill that knows both moves.

Breed the Marill that knows Aqua Jet and the Marill that knows Belly Drum, therefore the result would be a Marill that knows both moves.

Yeah, that would probably have the desired outcome, but shouldn't also work with golduck too?

I tried that too and the resulting Maril didn't have Aqua Jet nor Belly Drum.

Try to check if your Marill got leveled up during the daycare, who knows the move would get replaced by some moves.

Try to check if your Marill got leveled up during the daycare, who knows the move would get replaced by some moves.

They did get replaced. So I assume what I should try is take them out as soon as I get the egg?

Make sure the egg move is not at the top of your move list, as the moves at the top will be the first to get deleted when you level up in the day care. This may have something to do with the egg not getting the move. Although, that should not be the case if the day care has gen 6 mechanics

But that wouldn't make sense because my maril still got Aqua jet from golduck even when golduck forgot Aqua jet in the daycare.

Make sure the egg move is not at the top of your move list, as the moves at the top will be the first to get deleted when you level up in the day care. This may have something to do with the egg not getting the move. Although, that should not be the case if the day care has gen 6 mechanics

I'll make sure tomorrow. Someone should try to breed one to see if it actually works lol

But that wouldn't make sense because my maril still got Aqua jet from golduck even when golduck forgot Aqua jet in the daycare.

It may have forgotten the move after the egg was generated, in which case the egg would have the move, and Golduck would end up losing it. Out of curiosity, what moves is your marill hatching with? It might have four egg moves so it can't get aqua jet.

Edited by Lucky1998