What Does Your Name Mean?

Imperial doesn't comes from emperor as one would expect. Not directly at least.

It comes from the first game I really played online, Metroid Prime: Hunters. In it there was a weapon, the Imperialist. A sniper laser that could OS any character with a shot in the head. When used with Trace as hunter, you would become invisible when not moving, perfect for sniping. One day I was using it in solo I thought "Hey, Imperial sounds cool, strong". I used it, and in the end it suits me rather well. In many videogames I like sniping or assassin style gameplay, killing the enemy before it can even see you. And outside of videogames I'm discrete and not much talkative. I speak when I have something to say and it really brings something. Like an Imperialist shot.

Though at the time I chose that nickname I was a too bad use this weapon x)

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spade: edgyandcool.png

at the time of making my forum account i fucked with homestcuk heavy and for those of you who dont know, there were 4 different kinds of love that was expressed through all 4 of the card suits. i thought-- well i still do think its super cool to be honest, if not cheesy. the hearts were what we know as love, diamonds were platonic love, clubs were... basically the "advice friend" you turned to when your spades went wrong, and spades were hate-love. it ranged from being mad and yelling at each other to like... domestic violence type things. and it usually broke down into hate-sex, but thats not what was interesting to me. it was unknown to me and i didnt really get it so there was a mysterious factor, too. it was brutal and rough and even tho i didnt like the idea of it personally it was like... brutish. if that makes ANY sense. i liked the idea of hate-love (not personally) but it sounded super cool to me. spade is a cool looking suit too, and i kinda like cards. one of my first oc's was like "i call upon the power of the suit of diamonds!" and then gained powers accordingly. scrapped permanently thats so cheese LOL

..so here we are now. at the time it was cool and kind of edgy because of the nature of spades. later i found out about the flaming spade and i dont really like him but it wasnt based on his youtube channel.

my name that i go by, dmetri, basically means like... servant of demeter or something. i just chose it because it sounded cool. i think if i were to chose a different name it'd be something wild like "Ra" but dmetri is cool and i like it a lot.

that got super deep. welp. :]

oh boy shittin howdy i had some names

my first ever online name (on deviantart) was mespritgirl because i liked mesprit and i am a girl

then came purple-latias (also on deviantart) because i got involved in some weird latisona community and my oc was a purple latias with blue mismagius crystals around her neck

then i went to other sites and used queenofteamplasma because n had me gagging tho that name didnt last that long

then came my big ol name RIN KAGAMINE (or just rin/rinny) because i discovered vocaloid and really liked rin to the point of iding with her (ya know in a fictionkin way)

then came skeleton from a past deviantart name theskeletonorchestra from a vocaloid song called lilia and the skeleton orchestra that i really liked?? i got a bunch of friends and they thought my name was too long so nicknamed me skeleton or skelly for short

skeleton is the name i use now, tho in some places i use my real name and on tumblr my url is bisuxual (because i am bi) tho it used to be skelal (which is what one of my friends called me when he was high)

i no longer id with rin but i still hold her very close!! i can get jealous if i see other rins or fucken pissed if someone talks shit or shows up w inappropriate pics of her alright,, and id only prefer if u call me rin if you know me from when i was still using that name alright thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Dunno. When I signed up here, I had a laptop that couldn't run shit. Along with a phone that couldn't run shit. Then I called myself "Lagspike". Now I got this name, a better computer, a better--.. fuck it. I just want a better name.

• 2 weeks later...

i have two names essentially its all in a daydream (can't really remember what it was..).
i had weeb-ish dream where i had 3 other versions of myself (imaginary friends / ghost w/e you wanna call em) living among me.
so:
Basher : is the one who seemed to be the one i always had with me from the get go. he's your typically hot-headed, stubborn, short tempered friend. but also brave and likes for his actions to talk for him. when i tend to be angry or need physical motivation i like to imagine myself as him since he was more physical then the others. he's reckless , and the one i had for the longest time

Rishino : is your typical nerd, would rather out think you and be more strategic about hes approaches. he's timid but a good listener but really immature sometimes like Basher, hes fast but not strong, the one i imagine myself almost all the time. he popped up when i entered my teen-years where ig to my first crushes ect.

??? : now this one i don't have a lot to say about him cause every-time i try to remember him i go blank, but i vaguely remember the color purple for him and when i tried to his name it was crossed out and everything always wore a mask and was dead quiet almost never spoke, he would do as he was told
and never complain i guess he popped around when i got my 3rd rejection from a girl (where i got laughed at for confessing to her)

i like to think i have some traits of all three, i'm not very good at describing things. but yeah i think when i have more things to relate the 3rd one ill name him?idk its weird.
since i can relate to all three i use there names in games ^_^

Ah, I'm mostly an introvert. I have this weird habit of thinking over my perspectives and thoughts about even the most trivial social and moral issues or debates, sometimes even going so far as to admiring how these issues, or the perspectives people take in regards to them arose, strengthened, or deteriorated. I guess not only do I tend to get lost in thoughts often, but I have some strange habit of marveling at conflicts of interest, opinion, and really any and all instances of cognitive dissonance.

But really, I have no incentive or reason to contemplate philosophy or really anything at all, especially when, occasionally, they do not influence my life in any way, it's just more of an idle fascination of mine.