Cotton Candy Too strong?

AllymyMan

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually I, too, want trainers to use Revives. Personally, I tend to use revives after a battle. an item could revive a pokemon with 1 HP, and it would still be the same as max HP to me, since I'm just picking up my poke's inbetween fights.

Just saying, if Ame notices this thread and takes Cotton Candy out of the game for E16, I'm never going to forgive any of you

;-;

Hate to break it to you, but it was supposed to be like a normal revive all along and has since been fixed.

Trust me, I did it.

• Administrators

Not sure how practical that is for the AI since as it is trainers don't even use potions on non-active Pokemon. The AI only looks at options available to their active Pokemon. That would be a pretty significant change if Essentials doesn't include it, so don't count on it.

Not sure how practical that is for the AI since as it is trainers don't even use potions on non-active Pokemon. The AI only looks at options available to their active Pokemon. That would be a pretty significant change if Essentials doesn't include it, so don't count on it.

Set it up like an event on particular trainers, and have them "use" a revive once they get to their final pokemon. skipping a turn. It would probably be easier than actually coding them to do it and make a "decision"

Um...I only managed to find the stand in the circus after reading this topic. Until now, I completely ignored its existence. Now if you would think stocking up on Cotton Candy is a good idea, well wait until the AI uses it to revive 1 of its fainted aces and screw your team all over again...shivers...

That said, the only difficulty missing is the AI unable to revive their pokes...

QUIT GIVING AME IDEAS!! D:

OH.

SNAP.

SON.

GOKU...

Ame has found this thread. By episode 16 (mayyybbbeee 17), any and all nuzlockers will have lost their nuzlocke challenge. Count on it. Ame has gotten too many ideas. Essentials "MAY" not allow it with what's available I hope it does, though. Truly., but she will find ways to make beating this game harder nigh impossible before it's over.

Unless you spend a whole day mining for rare bones and then sell everything, you won't have much money to abuse cotton candies. I think the price is fine.

You mean raising the price, but keeping the items effect the same as before? If the price is what it is, then, after the update, it will not be worth it. because 6000 is too much for a basic revive in the form of candy. Only difference is, at the time you get the ability to mine, you still cannot buy revives...or can you? Honestly, I kind of forget. But, cotton cadies could just be a more expensive means of getting earlier revives if regulars aren't available at that time.

Nonononononononononononono. Don't make the AI able to use revives... please. I don't want to have to use healing items, the fact that they use potions is unfair enough to me.

Cotton candies are too expensive for a simple revive, which was priced around 1500 in the original games. :I That's why I think it's very fair for max revives, but not for revive. If it was intended to be plain ol' revive, then I'd rather them to be around 3000 or less, which is way more reasonable imo.

That's all I can say about it.

Cotton candies are too expensive for a simple revive, which was priced around 1500 in the original games. :I That's why I think it's very fair for max revives, but not for revive. If it was intended to be plain ol' revive, then I'd rather them to be around 3000 or less, which is way more reasonable imo.

That's all I can say about it.

In the main pokemon games I also had enough money to buy over 200 revives by the time I reached the elite 4, which makes the elite 4 a complete joke - heck, I've even spammed revives to PP stall the opponent at the elite 4 on occasion when I didn't feel like grinding and there was an annoying pokemon for my team (I usually fought the elite 4 about 20 levels underleveled compared to their higher level pokemon). If revives are as plentiful as they are in the main games, then there will be no way to make the game challenging without making the AI use equally cheesy tactics.