Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

Dark Type/Ghost Types early on?

Arkenciel Zeno

Question

18 answers to this question

BTW: Anyone know where i can find Stunky and Scraggy? I remember seeing Shofu get a scraggy early on and i found a stunky somewhere but dont remember where.

EDIT: FOUnd the stunky, still dunno about scraggy

Edited by Arkenciel Zeno

scraggy is after you beat aya in the first room of the railnet there's the dull key which you need to enter the closed passage inside the slums. And that's where you find scraggy.
I think you have to fight it and catch it..

€: actually i think you should be able to access it before shade since you have access to the area even without strenght at that point.. o.ò

Edited by Mimmu

Scraggy used to be before flobot (like, around ep10, aka when I got the game), but got pushed further to where it is now, due to it making things a bit too easy (*cough*Shade and Flobot*cough*). You can get a Hariyama (evolution by level 24) before the bot, though, and I'm not sure if Pancham is only around the same time as Scraggy.

Edited by laggless01

Alright, being a Dark Mono-user, Ican help you.

Before Julia: Poocheyena, Purrloin, Froakie, Stunky

Before Flo: Cacnea

Ok now im after Flo and i dont intend on using stunky and dont have froakie or purrloin, im actually gonna tr using a cacnea, i know its not that good but i love that thing, anything i should be on the lookout for after flo?

There isn't any Dark types around Corey, sadly... Still, there is your first Ghost, being Shuppet. Also, after Corey, Pumpkaboo is available. Then in the Lapis Ward, you have the choice between some good Dark types: Houndour or Murkrow and Carvanha. You'll get the other one(s) after Shelly anyways. I'd recommend Murkrow and Carvanha (join Team Aqua), since Shelly has Rain Dance to lower Fire damage.

You need a Soul Candle for Pumpkaboo, which you can get from helping out the Gothitelle at the Beryl Library. But yea, the mons you get from the Gangs are really good. Forgot to mention alot of these others mons, wow lol.

EDIT: Yea, sorry about that Chubb. I just remembered about the darn thing as soon as I made the post lol.

There isn't any Dark types around Corey, sadly... Still, there is your first Ghost, being Shuppet. Also, after Corey, Pumpkaboo is available. Then in the Lapis Ward, you have the choice between some good Dark types: Houndour or Murkrow and Carvanha. You'll get the other one(s) after Shelly anyways. I'd recommend Murkrow and Carvanha (join Team Aqua), since Shelly has Rain Dance to lower Fire damage.

YOU CAN JOIN TEAM AQUA!? SIGN ME IN ON THE HYPE TRAIN

Or submarine. That works too.

Edited by Arkenciel Zeno