looking for some tips

CrazySheriff

Hello there.as e15 is around the corner I started to go back and capture/train some stuff I wanted.

The pokemons on the list are Lucario,Lanturn,Arcanine and Gardevoir. Now my question is what moves/abilities I should have on them. While I did use Gardevoir and Lucario in some other games so I have some ideas,on the other hand I never used Lanturn and Arcanine. And about Lucario,should I go with attack or spa? (I have hariyama and mienshao so I was thinking about some special set)

Believe it or not Lucario's special attack is higher than its attack, but I'd say it should reflect upon the current balance of the team? If you have more physical offence then specially offensive, I'd go special attack. Vacuum Wave, Flash Cannon, Calm Mind as a base example, balance the pokemon in correlation to the team.

No idea for the rest.

I'd honestly say skip Lanturn, it's really not that good at all. If you really want to use it though, Discharge, Scald(pre-E13 breeding), Ice Beam(pre-E13 breeding) and Signal Beam works I guess? It really doesn't get anything good.

Arcanine is probably best with Flare Blitz, Outrage, Close Combat, Agility; Gardevoir, Calm Mind, Moonblast, Psychic, Energy Ball/Thunderbolt(either via pre-E13 breeding); And since you say you'd prefer a special Lucario, Nasty Plot, Agility/Vacuum Wave, Aura Sphere and Shadow Ball, since Fighting+Ghost has perfect coverage, Steel+Fighting really isn't too great and Lucario needs some speed help. I guess you could use Flash Cannon instead of Nasty Plot? It's not gonna be as efficient then though.

thanks for the fast responses! just to clarify I am not really into breeding and stuff like that,I am pretty much just a casual player without knowledge of those things.

For gardevoir, so moonblast,psychic,calm mind and what for the 4th move considering I am not for breeding. Should I perhaps stick with magical leaf? ( thinking because I pretty much dont have anything in my team or pc with grass moves)

I personally tend to check smogon for this sort of thing, however let me make an attempt

lanturn his honestly not that great when looking at both its stats and its move pool so you might be better of simply dropping it, for gardevoirI would suggest either a timid or a modest nature paired with moon blast, shadow ball, psychic and magical leaf.

for arcenine you can go both ways with attack and special attack seeing as the stats doesn't have such a big gap between them so the nature should complement either or both, as for a moveset I would suggest flare blitz, extreme speed, morning sun and perhaps fire fang.

and lsat for Lucario: either an adament or a jolly nature paired with close combat, bone rush , metal claw and extreme speed.

I hope this helps you find a general direction.

Edited by mwijsman