Gym Battle Shelly

Heero

I'm having somewhat difficult time knocking out her pokemon since I'm only able to knock out Illumise and either Masquerain/Anorith, before Yanmega comes out.

I do have a Pansear (Lv. 20), Vulpix (Lv. 15) and Growlithe (Lv. 21) that can learn Flame Burst, and I know of one place that I can actually level them up without much trouble.

My current team as of right now is:

Typhlosion (Lv. 35) (Used Common Candy)

Nickname: Wing Zero

Nature: Calm

Ability: Blaze

Moves: Flame Wheel, Swift, Defense Curl, Quick Attack

Mewstic (Lv. 32)

Nickname: Empulse

Nature: Docile

Ability: Keen Eye

Moves: Charge Beam, Light Screen, Fake Out, Psyshock

Trubbish (Lv. 30)

NIckname: Trash Talk

Nature: Relaxed

Ability: Sticky Hold

Moves: Sludge Bomb, Stockpile, Recycle, Toxic Spikes

Panpour (Lv. 28)

Nickname: Rainfall

Nature: Naive

Ability: Gluttony

Moves: Taunt, Bite, Cut, Scald

Clefairy (Lv. 30)

Nickname: Clefairy

Nature: Docile

Ability: Magic Guard

Moves: Magical Leaf, Rock Smash, Encore, Minimize

Ariados (Lv. 30)

Nickname: Puru

Nature: Relaxed

Ability: Insomnia

Moves: Sucker Punch, Leech Life, Night Shade, Shadow Sneak

I don't mind leveling up some pokes and I'll probably change up my team later on. I'm opening to some suggestions on pokemon and where to level up for specific pokemon.

If this topic is in the wrong spot I'm sorry if it's isn't in the right spot.

I'd suggest to go with vulpix' flame burst to set the field on fire and then sweep through her team with typhlosion since you get the field boost and sun boost it shouldn't be a problem. Also try to get meowstic out and set up you light screen to lessen the dmg you take from yanmega and if this still isn't enough and it has little hp left sucker punch/shadow sneak it to death! ò.ó

I would sugest using trubbish as a scape goat during the first turn so that you can set up toxic spikes after that you should try to destroy her field advantage with flame burst after which you should try and use vulpix/typhlosion to sweep her team. incase that fails you might try and pick up a rock type pokemon which shouls take care of any flying-bug type pokemon she has. or as a back-backup plan you could perhaps try and use a venomshock/toxic spike combo on her grounded pokemon.

I do have a Onix (Lv. 15) in the PC and I don't have the TM for Venoshock yet. The only TM's/HM's I've are Charge Beam, Quash, Embargo, Rock Smash, Cut & Nature Power.

I'm also looking for a specific place to lvl up onyx by chance since I can train up vulpix in Rhodochrine Jungle of Beryl Ward.

Any additional info would be grateful.

Besides the obvious Flame Burst, which will greatly help you, I also recommend picking up that Onix from the Hiker and setting up Stealth Rock since almost all her pokemon are at least 2x weak to Rock (Wormadam I think is the only exception).

Edit: Just saw your post. I think I did my grinding with Onyx in that grassy area near Corey's Gym and the Cemetery.

You could also do in the Jasper Ward since there are a lot of pokemon there that are weak to Rock.

If it has Sturdy though, I wouldn't worry about leveling it up after it learns Stealth Rock. Just send it on a suicide mission to lay down the Rocks . . . :P

Edited by ReddestDream

Besides the obvious Flame Burst, which will greatly help you, I also recommend picking up that Onix from the Hiker and setting up Stealth Rock since almost all her pokemon are at least 2x weak to Rock (Wormadam I think is the only exception).

Edit: Just saw your post. I think I did my grinding with Onyx in that grassy area near Corey's Gym and the Cemetery.

You could also do in the Jasper Ward since there are a lot of pokemon there that are weak to Rock.

If it has Sturdy though, I wouldn't worry about leveling it up after it learns Stealth Rock. Just send it on a suicide mission to lay down the Rocks . . . :P

The Onix doesn't have sturdy ability since it's has weak armor. I could run a rock polish onix. Thanks, Jasper Ward had slipped my mind a bit.

The Onix doesn't have sturdy ability since it's has weak armor. I could run a rock polish onix. Thanks, Jasper Ward had slipped my mind a bit.

Just remember that if you have Stealth Rock in place when Yanmega comes out, it will instantly lose 50%(!) of its HP to Stealth Rock. :blink:

That might help you since you mentioned you were having trouble once you got to Yanmega . . .

Catch a gravler, it should learn stealth rocks which is very useful against Yanmega.

I already have a Onix that knows stealth rocks.

I've defeated Shelly now and would a mod locked this thread please.

Edited by Heero