Potential Electric Monorun

Another Felix

Since there are no starters that evolve into electric types, how exactly would this work? It'd actually be my very first attempt at something like this.

Also, can I catch other Pokemon for the sole purpose of trading them to the NPC's? I know Tynamo and Stunfisk are done this way.

Well, you'll pretty much perma-box your starter after catching an Electric type or having somebody hack it in.

And yes, I'd think you could add that second rule. Especially if you want to catch every Electric type.

Anyways, good luck!

just permabox your starter the moment you get a pokemon that either evolves into an electric type or starts as a electric type, Hopefully Julia doesn't BOOM!!!!! your team to death.

The only Pokemon I'll have to beat Julia are Pachirisu and Elektrike, but Pachirisu is pretty bulky, and Elektrike does have LightningRod ability, so that could help.

Florinia will be a major problem, but hopefully Thunder Wave plus Shinx/Luxio Swagger will help.

Would I be a bad person if I got someone to hack in an Elekid for me as a starter?

Edited by Generalguy64

No, of course not. I think there are some people here who would hack you in a starter. I have no idea who though. That said, good luck with your Electric Monotype!

I'm gonna do a Monotype myself in the future but Normal type instead.

Pyrrhon but busy with his project

Come on, don't make the popular pick. Make the smart pick, the tactical one. Blitze with Flame Charge and Joltik with Fury Cutter. What's Elekid gonna do to Tangrowth and Flobot? And when you get to Cancellon, I'll give you my Electrilizer from my BST-capped run.

Come on, don't make the popular pick. Make the smart pick, the tactical one. Blitze with Flame Charge and Joltik with Fury Cutter. What's Elekid gonna do to Tangrowth and Flobot? And when you get to Cancellon, I'll give you my Electrilizer from my BST-capped run.

I was only suggesting Elekid for myself since it can learn a few fighting moves for Cradily. However, maybe Joltik and Blitzle would be smart choices, and Pachirisu does get Super Fang...

Also, for Tangrowth, in my current playthrough, I actually just used Bide with Pachirisu. It took the two hits, then killed it in one shot.

You have to get any starter and play as far as it takes to get the first electric type pokemon. Same way it is done with nuzlockes: The whole thing starts when you get your first pokeball.

You have access to electrike and pachirisu before challenging julia, so just aim to get those then start the monorun. Also monoruns should be fun and you should just do it the way you want to.
it will be a monotype run as long as all you use are electric types in battle. Since you would waste far too much space for usefull attacks with hms on you main team you have no choice but to assign a hm slave.

Edited by Mimmu