How to beat Solaris

Mimmu

I stumbled upon this by accident while doing my grass-mono run and thought this could be interesting for .. well anybody who couldn't stand losing to solaris. And since I couldn't find anything about this on the forum I thought about sharing this.

So I had Pachirisu still with me for cut on azurine island and thought "let's try and beat this garchomp!" Here's what you need:

417.gif Pachirisu aka. Solaris'Nemesis Lv. 37 + (actually you just need charme, but super fang is also quite useful)

@Airballoon

- Charme

- X

- X

- X

either a Pokemon with Leech Seed or Curse (or both?):

711.gif Gourgeist Lv 42+

- Leech Seed

- Confuse Ray

- Bullet Seed

- Pain Split

563.gifCofagrigus Lv. 39+

- Curse

- Attack Split

- Shadow Ball

- Guard Split

could also use both of them but there is actually no need to. I did it with gourgeist but i think cofagrigus would be the better option.

Here's what you do:

Start with Pachirisu and use your 3 charmes on the garchomp. It will try to earthquake you but you are flying with your balloon. Somehow the AI won't get this and still try to use EQ and while he uses his 10 times EQ you will Super Fang until he either kills you and/or runs out of full restores. Next will be easy since he won't be able to get any dmg on these bulky ghosts. Gourgeist will just need to use confuse ray and leech seed to get constant dmg on the dragon. Pain Split for instant recovery but isn't really needed. Just stall it out.

I think there are also a lot of other ways to beat him (just share your idiotproof way, I guess?), but this just happened and
worked on the first try and I was excited so ..
Hope this is of some use for u guys :3

♥ Mimmu

I don't think you're supposed to defeat his Garchomp for the 'true ending''s sake but oh well...

There were probably like numerous threads regarding this matter - but I only bothered to defeat it once with Prankster Sand-Attack spam

@Rainbow: is destiny bond even working? I used it in my last run but it just didn't do anything <~<

@Xiri: accuracy isn't really safe. At least when I'm using it.. i think some absurd combination of screech and extremespeed/sucker punch would also be possible but it wouldn't be as "idiot-proof" as this since there is actually no way his garchomp can harm you except for chain-criting his way through your team.

Other people have pulled it off before, no idea why it wouldn't work for you (or possibly others). I'm kinda tempted to try and see what happens if I do it.

Edit: Yeah, it works. Cheap, but effective.

Edited by RainbowDash

I did it with Cofagrigus's Mummy Ability to get rid of Rough Skin and then a FEAR pokemon (Ratatta with Focus Sash or a bred Sturdy Donphan with Endeavor and Ice Shard). Keep using Endeavor until he is out of Full Restores (3 Full Restores, so use Endeavor 4 times).

After that, you may still have a bit to clean up because of Leftovers and how weak Ice Shard is on the field, so just make sure you have Air Balloons on everyone else and someone else with Intimidate or Sturdy.

You might want to try having Cofagrigus use Curse too just in case it lives through the first shot. You'll want an Air Balloon on it too since you need a move that makes contact to pass Mummy and Earthquake doesn't make contact.

I think this is pretty idiotproof. Once all the Full Restores are gone and its HP is low, you basically have it. ^_^

Edited by ReddestDream

How to beat Solaris? Here's an in-depth guide:

1) Get stick

2) hit Solaris with stick

3)

okay I'll be serious

Why doesn't this have its own stickied thread by now? This has got to be the 50th thread about Solaris and his Garchomp.

Beating Solaris isn't mandatory for story progression so it's not really necessary

Also, Dashie's right, the D-bond tactic is the simplest solution for Solaris. That's why Cofagrigus is recommended by so many people for the Solaris battle

There were multiple threads on beating Solaris, iirc.
My way was of using Intimidate+swaps to get -6 on them, then get my bulky scrafty and feed it X Def's, then stall him out (+ ice creams) and hope he didn't land a crit. This all in the rain to weaken one of its moves. Man that was difficult. Cofagrigus is such a blessing against it.