Mono-type team

Cytan

Some friends at school and I made up a rule for mono-type. We could use one Uber. We assigned types to each other, and my assigned type is Psychic. I looked though the Pokemon, and I think I'm happy with this team. Let me know what you people think though.

Brick (Deoxys-Defense) @ Rocky Helmet

Ability: Pressure

Shiny: Yes

EVs: 248 HP / 16 Def / 16 SpD / 228 Spe

Jolly Nature

- Spikes

- Stealth Rock

- Recover

- Knock Off

Battery (Sigilyph) @ Flame Orb

Ability: Magic Guard

EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SpD

Calm Nature

- Roost

- Cosmic Power

- Stored Power

- Psycho Shift

Vash (Victini) @ Choice Band

Ability: Victory Star

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

Jolly Nature

- Bolt Strike

- V-create

- Zen Headbutt

- Brick Break

Lunna (Cresselia) @ Lum Berry

Ability: Levitate

EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD

Calm Nature

- Recycle

- Rest

- Toxic

- Psychic

Tubby (Claydol) @ Leftovers

Ability: Levitate

EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 144 SpA / 56 SpD

Modest Nature

- Rapid Spin

- Psyshock

- Ice Beam

- Earth Power

Fe (Metagross) @ Metagrossite

Ability: Clear Body

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

Jolly Nature

- Meteor Mash

- Earthquake

- Zen Headbutt

- Ice Punch

EDIT: Text was black.

Edited by Cytan

This team could use a couple of different things imo:

Meloetta to take down Ghosts and a Fairy for the Dark types. If you put on a fairy type, your team would decidedly less dark sensitive. Switch Brick Break to U-Turn on Victini to allow him to get out of type situations without a hard switch. It also happens to help with Dark types still. Fighting may also help with Rock- and Steel- types, but V-Create decimates steel anyway and Metagross can handle any Rock heading your way.

Meloetta's lovely typing would certainly assist your team through a fantastic immunity to Ghost.

You could use Smogon's monotype. They allow ubers for the types that need them. But you need to drop the recycle rest thing you've got going on Cresselia. If anything go for protect and wish so that you can heal others on your team. It will also help stack the toxic damage better. Also, I'd put u-turn on the victini over brick break

Meloetta is a must have in Psychic monotypes, since it's immune to Ghost and outplaces Girafarig, you should either run a SubCM or an Assault Vest one. other mons that help a lot are Fighting and Fairy types, to counter Dark types that might sweep your entire team, So ScarfGarde does a great job with Psychic, MoonBlast, Trick and Healing Wish, Memento, WoW, DBond or even Focus Blast. Medicham Mega is also a good option, but since you're not playing Smogon's rules you can use powerful and banned threats such as Metagross Mega or Gallade [:\

For a solid defensive core you might want to try Slowbro/Meloetta/Jirachi (or Mew) , that works very well. And for Offense you can use Scarf or Band Victini, but you might want to change Brick Break for UTurn or a Special move to break some defensive monsters (i.e Grass Knot for Quagsire, Fusion Thunderbolt for Slowbros,, etc.). Any of the physicall megas are powerful enough to fit the role.

Ugh, the last thing... DeoD and DeoS do an amazing hazards job, so does Azelf, but I think it's not really that worth it when you can use a psychic uber mon in your team, since there are some good stuff to abuse, such as Sash Deoxys A, Mewtwo, Lugia or even Arceus!, so it's your choise... but you can either use Azelf, Mew (which can Defog too) or a weird Metagross set with Stealth Rock... :]

Oh!, and please, don't use that Sigilyph Smogon set, it's just not good, it does nothing to a pokemon with encore, gets walled by Dark pokemons, and is super hard to set up with since there are plenty of fire types and knock off users in the meta.

And you can always get critted....

Edited by Vlado Vladimir

You know, you can toss the Claydol for a Mew with an EV spread of 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpDef and the moveset: Will-o-wisp, Softboiled, Defog, filler move (choose from the following: Knock off, Psychic, Psyshock, U-turn, Baton Pass along with Sub instead of Defog, Toxic, Seismic Toss, Night Shade, Calm Mind because why the f not, etc)