Console Wars!

Amethyst

14 members have voted

1. 1. What console should Ame get? ._.

• XBox 360
    • Wii
    • PS3
    • None- save the money for something that isn't useless and get back to work, ya lazy bum.

• Administrators
.________.
So
I'm like, what, five years late on this?
But:

(11:27:27) +Amethyst: ...I have a dilemma.
(11:27:38) +Amethyst: [s]So I tried to update the forums, and...[/s]
(11:27:51) +Setsuna: Ame.
(11:27:53) +Setsuna: I fucking swear.
(11:27:54) +Setsuna: >>
(11:27:55) [Ninja] Erick: ._.
(11:28:01) +Setsuna: We told you not to update the forums.
(11:28:02) +Amethyst: I'm kidding, I'm kidding. XD
(11:28:13) +Setsuna: YOU BETTER BE KIDDING.
(11:28:15) +Setsuna: I WOULD KILL YOU.
(11:28:28) [Ninja] Erick: The forums are fine.
(11:28:35) +Amethyst: My grandfather sent me a giant LCD TV... And we literally have nowhere to put it.
(11:29:07) +Amethyst: So I'm thinking if we just send it back, I could get the credit for it
(11:29:10) [I4]Izaya Orihara: I'll take it if you want.
(11:29:11) [I4]Izaya Orihara: >>
(11:29:13) [I4]Izaya Orihara: <<
(11:29:35) +Amethyst: And in that case... The reccomendation is for me to get a console
(11:29:50) +Amethyst: Being that the most recent thing I have is a DSLite. But... Which console. D:[/quote]

The price of the TV when refunded is enough for me to get any console + probably two games (though I'd have to get a PS3 used, shouldn't be a problem)...
Currently I have a Gamecube, PS2, and DSLite... However, the PS2 is [s]hacked[/s] broken, and therefore can't read any game discs, but has to play them from a hard drive [s]which I download them to[/s]. Soooo it won't play any PS2 games from a disk, only PS1. How that works, I don't know.

My favorite types of games are generally RPGs and Strategy RPGs, followed by fighters. ...I really could care less about any shooters, like Halo, or CoD. Property damage aside, I could probably crush a case full of such games and not think twice about it.

There's a wrench in all of this, no matter what, though. That being that, I actually feel really guilty anytime I play any sort of video game, yes, even Pokemon, because it's just about the least productive thing I could be doing. To be honest, thinking about it rationally... Games are a horrible waste of time, money and energy. If I get any sort of console it'll just be furthering that unhealthy habit. However, I really don't know what else I would -do- with a Amazon credit... Bleh.
So yeah.
watdo.
Thoughts please. D:

Xbox has the great online and amazing arcade. Plus more people have it. But it does not have many exclusives. All you have really is the original ME and Halo.
PS3 has great exclusives and online. Plus you can play PS2 games if you get one of the old ones. Plus you have old PS1 games to buy on the PSN.
Games
Xbox: Mass Effect, Forza, Eternal Sonata, Loss Odyssey, Tales of games
PS3: Infamous series, Ratchet and Clank series, Uncharted series, METAL GEAR, Disgaea, all the PS2 games you have, Gran Turismo, alot the PS1 games, and Heavy Rain.
Both: FF XIII, ME2, Oblivion, Fallout, Assassins Creed hopefully, MvC3, Soul Calibur 4, SF4, Blazeblue.
DECIDE GOGOGOGOGOGOGO

• Administrators
Soooo yeah, I had a hurp and forgot Kitty was bringing her XBox.
Kitty and I decided on a PS3.
So this topic is now irrelevant, yay!
Thanks though, everyone~

[color="#9932CC"]Little Big planet 2...(look into it before you dismiss it!) and FFXIII. Also if you can manage it gamefly is the way to go. Keep the game as long as you want, and get basically any game.[/color]

• Administrators
I've played LBP2 before and it was all right, but it's not going to be my first choice.
But FF and I don't get along. Maybe Kitty'll get it, but I probably won't.

• 2 weeks later...
I believe you and Kitty would enjoy playing Catherine. It has an absolutely trippy story and great puzzle gameplay. Plus, you have to play it with at least one woman in the room. Their eyes shall pierce the back of your skull when the game asks you questions about "Wuuuuv"

• 2 weeks later...