So I started over....

Doriceliya

Firstly Hello All! I have been secretly playing Pokemon Reborn for a couple weeks but i never post... I'm just a creeper :D

Now, with that out of the way.. I am frustrated!

I love the game, but man it's literally hell mode with a piplup as your starter 0.o

I was at about Apopphyll - Just beat Kiki ...

Mind you i don't play more than like 10-15 mins a day as i am busy (SAD FACE)

Previously i had (main pokemon i was collecting random things and evolving them for fun...)

Empoleon 40 <--- useless annoying tank who just takes hits -_-

Gourgeist 38 <---- I like it a lot, but seems everything beats it up lol

Emolga 41 <---- I like it's nuzzle... besides that i hate it being so squishy ._.

Pyroar 45 <---- This thing was my life saviour, like hits hard fast actually useful moves *stares at emploeon*

Meowtastic 43 (sp?) - I love this kitty, but seems like there would be other Psychics i can get later who can do the job better (i hope... lol)

Manetric 41 <--- this guy was hell to get to level 30, after that he really started to shine, love him!

Pidgeotto 30 <--- ditched this because emolga got acrobatics, and this guy literally did no damage to anything -_-

Now I was asking for help with my new team! I am trainer that likes variety, any suggestions?

I started over and picked the other pokemon i was interested in Twiggy! (Turtwig)

Turtwig

Litelo ( I am so getting this cutie again!)

Eletrike (i can't wait for a rainy day, he is a pain but worth it)

Espurr - I'll see if there is anything to change this for... it's annoyingly glasscannon

Debating gurgeist again - i did like it, just was... many more viable options it seemed.

You can try to manipulate your Computer's time zone to skip days to get the stormy weather. There is fear about corrupting saves with it I believe but I have done it numerous times and the file works perfectly fine to me.

I highly recommend a Woobat with the Simple ability. While at first it won't do well against the first gym it's movepool can carry you through a LOT of gyms.

And just in case you're wondering what Simple is, it doubles the stat changes your Woobat gets inflicted with. For example, if you use Calm Mind it will increase Sp. Atk and Sp. Def twice instead of once. Although it works with enemies reducing stats effect as well but once you set it up it will wreck a lot of pokemon so just stay clear of anything that can lower your Speed and Special Attack.

Edited by Gentleman's Hat

You can try to manipulate your Computer's time zone to skip days to get the stormy weather. There is fear about corrupting saves with it I believe but I have done it numerous times and the file works perfectly fine to me.

I highly recommend a Woobat with the Simple ability. While at first it won't do well against the first gym it's movepool can carry you through a LOT of gyms.

And just in case you're wondering what Simple is, it doubles the stat changes your Woobat gets inflicted with. For example, if you use Calm Mind it will increase Sp. Atk and Sp. Def twice instead of once. Although it works with enemies reducing stats effect as well but once you set it up it will wreck a lot of pokemon so just stay clear of anything that can lower your Speed and Special Attack.

I came across woobat and noibat(?) in the cave, they don't excite me if you will. I prefer the kitty (the annoying kitty) over batty - Thank you though :)

Edit: I found how to do it, my team is level 8.... so after i train them up a little i will get that eletrike! Thanks :)

Edited by Doriceliya

I came across woobat and noibat(?) in the cave, they don't excite me if you will. I prefer the kitty (the annoying kitty) over batty - Thank you though :)

Edit: I found how to do it, my team is level 8.... so after i train them up a little i will get that eletrike! Thanks :)

You're welcome friend. Just a thought just in case you're open to a dual-type. I'm planning to start over as well when I realized that I had too many fire types on my team.

Edited by Gentleman's Hat

You're welcome friend. Just a thought just in case you're open to a dual-type. I'm planning to start over as well when I realized that I had too many fire types on my team.

I am absolutely open to dual typing, in fact i prefer it, which was why i initially picked piplup. Woobat just dosen't excite me if that makes any sense.

Edited by Doriceliya

As you're using Turtwig, I recommend not using Gourgeist again, since Torterra is a significantly better grass type and if you need a Ghost theres much better options, even in Shades gym.

At your early point, I'd recommend getting a Goldeen from fishing. It starts with a powerful water pulse, and once it evolves and gets Waterfall it can put in work for a while. Granted, not too useful for the first couple of gyms, but unlike Empoleon it naturally learns very good moves

Edited by Lord_Ludo

Well, for the early game, you should definately get a Kricketune. Kricketot is in a house in Peridot, it evolves at lvl 10 and gets Fury Cutter. That thing can slice and dice everything in the early game, it's perfect for the Tangrowths and it can easily oneshot Florinias Cradily. It lasts untill the last Tangrowth, after that it's useless, but until then, it's easily an MVP.

If you get goldeen try for it's hidden ability of lightning rod. It reduces it to just being weak to grass. If you want a tankier Psychic I suggest Gothita/Gothitelle, it has pretty solid physical and special defenses, true it doesn't have a spectacular moveset but it can make good use of early game tms. You can't get her until after the first poison gym though.

I suggest getting a poison type either an Ekans or a trubbish. Trubbish can learn toxic and toxic spikes which can be very handy in tough rival/meteor/gym fights plus it has decent stats too. Arbok has a pretty good movepool with the elemental fangs, bite/crunch but it can be a bit squishy on the physical side. Female Combee/vespiquen is another good option since it has stats that make it useful beyond the Pulse Tangrowths and it knows some pretty good moves. You can get them by headbutting the trees in Opal ward.

Good luck with the run. Hopefully Turtwig will treat you better.

Well, for the early game, you should definately get a Kricketune. Kricketot is in a house in Peridot, it evolves at lvl 10 and gets Fury Cutter. That thing can slice and dice everything in the early game, it's perfect for the Tangrowths and it can easily oneshot Florinias Cradily. It lasts untill the last Tangrowth, after that it's useless, but until then, it's easily an MVP.

I second this

Once you get HM strength, you can grab a Ralts.

And what gender was Meowstic? Males are more defense based, and females are offensive.

I would also suggest Luxray. It gets the VERY useful intimidate ability, albeit it is quite slow and squishy, it will hit like a train. My luxray from my first run was usually 4 levels below my primarily lonely/adamant team with attack IVs and always had higher attack than them. Luxray can pretty much get through the whole game with just spark, and be an HM slave for Strength and flash(Or rock smash if you need one). It also learns wild charge, which is the electric equivalent to take down, or flare blitz. Very strong pokemon, but is made of glass held together by band-aids.

My Espurr is male! Yay! :D

I guess my main problem going into Pokemon Reborn is that i expected it to be the same 'strength' based on other pokemon games in terms of a good or bad pokemon.

I had a trubbish with black sludge, but he fell off at around 30.

Krikri (my kriketune that i had) was fun till around beryl ward my first play through then he literally became useless in that othe rpokemon offered what she did and weren't a one hit wonder.

I kinda want the trapinch, but i am not the most patient person so the game corner makes me angry :S

Mind you I find pokemon reborn difficult, but not much more than other pokemon games, just based on the fact that I am a hit or miss trainer.

By that I mean 1/50 battles i will use a potion. I believe in my pokemon (god i'm a weirdo), which is why picking them i am really selective ._.

Thank you all for your input though! I am off to go catch me a goldeen! I was wondering where i could find a decent water pokemon :)

Thank you all for your input though! I am off to go catch me a goldeen! I was wondering where i could find a decent water pokemon :)

Want another, more decent one? Go to the Arcade, click everywhere, talk to everyone and get 1k coins. Buy Psyduck. Evolves before Corey and gets Zen Headbutt which is SE against Corey, Aya and gets a boost from the field as well against Kiki.

Or you could take and trade Growlithe for Azurill with Huge Power, but it's a bit of a pain to friendship-evolve without gaining levels (it misses on Aqua Tail and Play Rough if you lvl up too much as an Azurill.

Hmmm, Now I am torn between Azumarill and Seaking as water types. I suppose I will keep goldeen for now while breeding growlithe for babies to trade fo r alow level azurill and decide later on that.

ooh, Psyduck i forgot about that one, I'll check it out :D

What about Flying types? I know i can get a ducklette in the forest but... it seems to me it would fall off around 30(ish)

Well I used seaking till the end,and it was quite difficult. It was great when it learned waterfall,but after that with no good speed and def/spd it died quickly. But I really liked the horn drill,had scary luck with it and it decided many battles,pretty much the reason why I kept seaking :)

I used unfezant till around lvl 45 or so. It sucks that it has such a good att but no physical flying moves(not sure where to get aerial ace,so I had none),but the reason why I had it was super luck. The air cutter hits most of the time with crit and that helped a lot. Perhaps go with murkrow/honchkrow with super luck,that would be my suggestion.

Not sure why you had trouble with gourgeist. That thing is DELIVERING on my current playthrough(currently just got to the circus). But Magneton/zone is pretty awesome a good amount into the game, though admittedly he's a load after Luna since the next 3 gyms are his weaknesses.

I find Clefable to be pretty awesome too, but the grind for moonblast is a haaaaaaaaard journey. But she can last a long time and can be utilized in a variety of ways. A good jack of all trades type pokemon.

Edited by Monochrome_Complex

So update time.

My current team is:

Twiggy 35 (torterra)

Vespquen 34

Buizel 25 (scrapped goldeen and duckeltte, and azurill...)

Litleo 34 ( Love this little guy)

Meowie 33 (Meowtastic)

Manetric 30 (YAY)

Now my goal is to find a decent water pokemon, debating breeding buizel, he just seems SO weak. Can't take a hit making me sad lol

It's also useful against Luna (and Radomus kind of) if you're willing to grind it at that point. Other than that though, its usefulness does nosedive

Lv34 Wooper has Earthquake (Azurine Island??)

You can fish for Barboach/Carvanha at the very back of Aqua Gangs base after beating them at the end of that side mission. When you get the Good Rod the higher level ones have Aqua Tail.

You can get Wingull/Pelipper on Apophyll beach (but they're wingull and Peilipper)

If you're Growlithe has a decent nature I'd use that, or if you really want the Azurill, get the Vulpix.