Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

Pokemon Reborn Guide [2.0] DISCUSSION

sparsyle-0

Question

Here is the discussion thread for my reborn guide! If I've made any errors in my guide, or if I left something out, please let me know below, and I'll be sure to make the appropriate changes!!

The Guide

Edited by sparsyle-0

• Answers 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post something asking for help (and sorry if this is a dumb question; I feel like the solution is gonna end up being easy haha)- anyway, I started playing Pokemon Reborn a couple days ago and have loved it so far, until I hit a some sort of puzzle maze in the Obsidia slums. I can't get anyway past it.

Below are a couple pics showing where I'm referring to. I tried looking everywhere for solutions, but all the videos I found showed people using a different version where the room in question instead has two trainers, rather than some platform things. (Which brings up the question, am I using the right version?)
Any help or nudge in the right direction (or another place where this question would be better asked) would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Here are the pics: http://imgur.com/gallery/I4hMx/

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post something asking for help (and sorry if this is a dumb question; I feel like the solution is gonna end up being easy haha)- anyway, I started playing Pokemon Reborn a couple days ago and have loved it so far, until I hit a some sort of puzzle maze in the Obsidia slums. I can't get anyway past it.

Below are a couple pics showing where I'm referring to. I tried looking everywhere for solutions, but all the videos I found showed people using a different version where the room in question instead has two trainers, rather than some platform things. (Which brings up the question, am I using the right version?)
Any help or nudge in the right direction (or another place where this question would be better asked) would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Here are the pics: http://imgur.com/gallery/I4hMx/

Ahh, yes, I remember this tripped me up as well! So from where you are in the first picture, you're going to want to go left, down, right, up, left, left and that should get you out of there.

Hey, Sofia. Couple of changes with E15: (SPOILERS)

Florinia has Cottonee instead of Grotle. It has Protect, Leech Seed, PoisonPowder, and Nature Power.

Blitzle replaces Electrike.

Wingull and Zigzagoon can also be Pokemon you get from the Pachirisu and Panpour Event.

The Azurill trade was changed... a LOT. I can't even describe how much it changed. Basically, you trade a Growlithe egg for a random egg, and details can be explained later...

Tangrowth 1 in Obsidia has no Field. Also, no more pre-Tangrowth Obsidia Park.

Shade gives Shadow Claw instead of Shadow Ball. He has Shadow Claw on Gengar instead of Shadow Ball. He has Trevenant replacing Gourgeist and Banette replacing ???

Litleo trade is replaced. You now get Munna.

Where Zigzagoon originally was in Obsidia Alley is now home to Litleo. However, Litleo is now Hide-And-Seek.

If you bring the Ill-Fated Doll to the Totem in the Beryl Cave place with the Nuzleafs, you can get a Golett.

No Item PC = No free Potion

Petilil in Obsidia Park on sunny days after Florinia (still)

Zorua and Zangoose Hide-And-Seeks (still)

There's now a Pledge Tutor in Lapis Ward.

In Onyx Arcade, Psyduck and Trapinch have been axed. In their places are Slugma and Nidoran-M.

I'll continue this with other updates to teams and moves, but that's all I remember for Pokemon locations.

I just started with my Episode 15 progress and so far I've noticed one change in Pokemon in the past few minutes OBVIOUSLY SPOILERS EXCEPT NOT REALLY SO READ AT YOUR OWN RISK:

Electrike is now available by saving it from a couple of level 25 Mightyenas who are bullying by where Ziggy used to be. It also appears to have an egg move, as the first one I got had Crunch at level 18 (obtained level). I'll do the event 10 times so we can get a very loose approximation of the ratio of move occurrences.

Second attempt at the event: Flame Burst in place of Crunch.

Third: Crunch

Fourth: ICE FANG

Fifth: Ice Fang

Sixth: Ice Fang

Seventh: Crunch

Eighth: Crunch

Ninth: Crunch

Tenth: Ice Fang

So in this experiment, Electrike had Crunch about 50% of the time, Ice Fang 40%, and Flame Burst 10% of the time. Also worth noting the other moves which they all start with are Quick Attack, Spark, and Odor Sleuth.

And another now that I've looked around a tad:

The Houndour event in the Magma Gang's old hide out has been reset and it now carries an egg move. The first one I found had Thunder Fang but I'm feeling lazy so I won't do a ton of SRs to find a vague ratio.

Whole new event here:

Remember the buggy as hell Gulpin that caused tons of problems? Yeah, that event was axed and now the little blob is located in a dumpster behind the house where you find Whismur/relocate the Hiker and get an Onix. No egg moves here, though.

Other Pokemon who get egg moves now:

You can get Gothita with Mirror Coat at the very least.

Oh yeah, other Pokemon I've noticed have gotten special moves are:

- Igglybuff (Perish Song, Misty Terrain, and I stopped after that)

- Mareep (I kept the first one I got, Electric Terrain)

and, um, that's it, cuz I don't catch that many Pokemon.

Thanks for all the help! I'll be getting this up there ASAP.

Oh, and quick update: I am still here! I promise a new section of the guide will be up soon, I was just stuck grinding/EV training some pokemon for a short while.

Edited by sparsyle-0

No more Cleffa in the beginning, only Igglybuff

Vulpix event has been replaced. All you get from the lady is a Soothe Bell now

Ducklett was moved into a new puzzle in the Slums. It could also be a Drowzee Egg

I think Doublade was actually replaced with Banette on Shade's team

In the Beryl Cave, at the end, on a windy day, a gang of Nuzleafs and a Shiftry will attack you. After that, you can get 5 Nuzleafs. If you bring the Ill-Fated Doll to the totem, you can get either a Baltoy or a Golett

Looking at the obtainable list, I do believe Machop's been moved to later on to keep it from sweeping Serra with No Guard Dynamic Punches and Knock Offs.

As for the Beryl Ward section, I believe you can encounter Noibats in the dark patches in the caves in the jungle.

Also, I'm pretty sure Mudkip was replaced? I thought it was with Squirtle, but idk as I have yet to actually go check. Also Gastly was axed. No clue what replaced it.

Edit: One last thing, the prices for the the Pokemon prizes in the Arcade are changed now. Slugma-1k, Nidoran M-3k, and Shinx-5k.

Looking at the obtainable list, I do believe Machop's been moved to later on to keep it from sweeping Serra with No Guard Dynamic Punches and Knock Offs.

As for the Beryl Ward section, I believe you can encounter Noibats in the dark patches in the caves in the jungle.

Also, I'm pretty sure Mudkip was replaced? I thought it was with Squirtle, but idk as I have yet to actually go check. Also Gastly was axed. No clue what replaced it.

Edit: One last thing, the prices for the the Pokemon prizes in the Arcade are changed now. Slugma-1k, Nidoran M-3k, and Shinx-5k.

Mudkip swapped w/ Squirtle

Misdreavus replaces Gastly. (Looks like the old Missy´s event was axed)

Houndour:

Can also have Nasty Plot as an Egg move. Damn, that's really powerful and something that could potentially sweep sweep through several gyms solo. Normally it has to wait until level 52 to have Nasty Plot. I'm unsure about the other egg moves available but I'm not SRing this Houndour at this point. It is just too nice.

Things I've learned from other posts:

Cacnea Egg is now Seel Egg

Lotad on Coral Ward Pier on Rainy Days (still)

Tynamo is in the Peridot Alley on Rainy (or is it Stormy?) Days

Nidorina is in Beryl Cave, in the Wooden Cage of BF1

No more Cleffa in the beginning, only Igglybuff

Vulpix event has been replaced. All you get from the lady is a Soothe Bell now

Ducklett was moved into a new puzzle in the Slums. It could also be a Drowzee Egg

I think Doublade was actually replaced with Banette on Shade's team

In the Beryl Cave, at the end, on a windy day, a gang of Nuzleafs and a Shiftry will attack you. After that, you can get 5 Nuzleafs. If you bring the Ill-Fated Doll to the totem, you can get either a Baltoy or a Golett

Mudkip swapped w/ Squirtle

Misdreavus replaces Gastly. (Looks like the old Missy´s event was axed)

Things I've learned from other posts:

Cacnea Egg is now Seel Egg

Lotad on Coral Ward Pier on Rainy Days (still)

Tynamo is in the Peridot Alley on Rainy (or is it Stormy?) Days

Nidorina is in Beryl Cave, in the Wooden Cage of BF1

Got all that!! For Tynamo do you know exactly which Alleyway, north or south?

Houndour:

Can also have Nasty Plot as an Egg move. Damn, that's really powerful and something that could potentially sweep sweep through several gyms solo. Normally it has to wait until level 52 to have Nasty Plot. I'm unsure about the other egg moves available but I'm not SRing this Houndour at this point. It is just too nice.

I haven't gotten to the Houndour event yet, but when I do I'll be sure to include that!

Edited by sparsyle-0

Well you've restarted. Either way let me share some top spoiler secret info...

All in Ametrine (need dive + waterfall)

v81nvl.png On the area to get to that you also find a water stone.

Tododile is in a small pool of water (start battle by intercepting him). Dive from other visible pond to this stuff.

ojglch.jpg TM for roar in same patch of land as me

Furthermore deepseatooth is right of entrance to linkstone.

CAUTION: there is one item underwater that will crash you:

1695a2p.jpg

Also be extra careful because hidden entrances are easy to swim over. And I think one of these locations has Lapras on a sunday (haven't found yet)

Good luck.

Just want to drop in to say: That item is a pokéball.

Yeah, not worth it for the trouble it causes~

Yeah read the script error and figured it out. Anywho, got any ideas where the Ice Rock is? Just cause some people say its pre Circus area and doesn't seem right with the Ametrine/Citrine cave and the whole route by Calcenon and Ametrine peak...

Bet you're happy about that Sneasel tho :^)

So I am currently trying to get every single available Pokemon and I'm kind of encountering two problems.

First of all I want to say it is currently 12:48PM where I am so my game is night mode in case this is affecting my problems.

My first problem comes with trying to find Numel, I have yet to get the poor guy and I read that he is by the train station when it's raining. I have gotten the other three rain event Pokemon but I can't get this guy. (This could also be because I don't have pokesnax which is in my next problem but I'm sure like the Espurr he would at least BE there right?)

Here is a picture showing where he SHOULD be

2jfjcw3.jpg

and my next problem is trying to get the Pokemon that you did not encounter on the bridge. This pokemon being Panpour for myself. I tried to find the pokesnax merchant but once I found the area he was supposed to be in he wasn't anywhere to be found.

wu2ql4.jpg

Edited by Mossclaw123

Yeah read the script error and figured it out. Anywho, got any ideas where the Ice Rock is? Just cause some people say its pre Circus area and doesn't seem right with the Ametrine/Citrine cave and the whole route by Calcenon and Ametrine peak...

Bet you're happy about that Sneasel tho :^)

If you want the ice rock that evolves eevee into glaceon, you have to go to the section of the cave accessible only from the north adventurine woods.

It's the most extravagant ice thingy in the whole game, you can't miss.