Another Yu-Gi-Oh RP [Interest Check]

Alisae

Really the title says it. I know theres a Yu-Gi-Oh Rp currently going on at the moment, and I’m not trying to start competition, I just want to offer something else for those who were late or whatever reason you may have.

And like the current one, this is going to follow the anime, however in a different way. Instead of replacing a storyline, the characters support multiple storylines. What I mean by this is, your characters are placed in your present time, which is far beyond what actually happened. The job of the protagonist’s is to make sure that history is not disrupted and changed, and to make sure that major battles go as they were originally intended to go.(as for shows I might cover, I’ma cover whats important out of the the original show for sure, GX, maybe 5Ds. More focused on the original series and GX).

I am going to quote Tomas Elliot about what he said about the Yu-Gi-Oh Roleplaying environment:

Something noteworthy about roleplaying in Yu-Gi-Oh environment is that there are many simulators around the internet, like Dueling Network and DevPro: this means that having PvP combat would be pretty easy as people would only need to get on one of these simulators, build their deck, and duel it out, thus eliminating all the need for stats, PvP-specific rules, and the host acting as the "referee" when Aarguments arise. All that matters are the actual rules of the card game. Which by the way is the reason why I am embarking in this adventure: with PvP combat made so easy, it is of course easy to host such a roleplay.

This basically applies to this RP as well or any YGO RP. But even so more this one because usually it’ll take time for a new distortion in history to happen as I need to think “how am I going to distort this time period.”

Do I care about your dueling capabilities? When the time usually comes, like major plot events, this will be ideally important, but you’ll always be able to try again through plot devices. If you don’t like dueling, feel free to take part. If you do, that's also great. If you struggle when it comes to dueling, I’d like to help. But how well you duel isn’t a factor too if you can participate in this rp. When it comes to strong decks being an issue, I have a ban list that can be used that solves this issue.

If you need help seek it. I can help when it comes to building a deck (unless its an archetype I don’t know, but I should know most of them). If its general skill, I can try to help with that too. And plus, I’m sure there are a bunch of people besides me that would like to help.

If people are interested, I guess I’ll post a sign up page. If you actually want to know some of the details such as plot, rules and such, I guess I can shine a bit of bright there, but If this shows a bunch of interest, I’ll include everything in the sign-up page. Don’t worry.

Would you allow Igknights?

Well, the problem with this is that Igknights aren't on DN, but are on Devpro. So...This depends on your opponent. I will say yes, however I would recommend having a deck ready on Dueling Network in case your opponent cannot download Devpro or use Devpro for any reason. Really I wouldn't mind if you play on Dueling Network or Devpro.

This goes for anyone else: If you have a deck you want to use, but you can only build it on Devpro, have another deck ready on DN just in case.

So, I ask now. No Egyptian Gods, Sacred Beasts, Signer Dragons or other such things unless plot allows it?

I'll allow the use of Signer Dragons, and Sacred Beasts, but the Egyptian Gods I won't allow till that specific arc is over, aka the Seal of the Orichalcos arc. Speaking about that arc, yeah I'll allow the use of the Seal of the Orichalcos too, however if you use it, you are basicly saying "I give you permission to kill this OC"

tl;dr: Most major plot cards are avalable. If someone finds me a list, I'll specify which one has exceptions.

I have two decks that I love to play that I have the cards for Gemini and mixed fire deck and online jackpot 7 and flint lock

Okay, I'm just going to say this right now, no alternative win conditions

If I use flint lock loop and attack with a meklord granel or sacred wyvern does that count as a normal win

I wouldn't count on using any deck that has an alt win condition or lockdown as its main objective.

its not an alternate win condition but you use a combo to gain pretty much infinite life and then attacking with a monster that has more attack the more lifepoint you have or you use fire princess in conjunction with the life gain to burn them is that okay? search flint lock loop online for more info about it if you don't know for sure

:33 < I hope we can get enough people to start this

its not an alternate win condition but you use a combo to gain pretty much infinite life and then attacking with a monster that has more attack the more lifepoint you have or you use fire princess in conjunction with the life gain to burn them is that okay? search flint lock loop online for more info about it if you don't know for sure

:33 < I hope we can get enough people to start this

Eeeeewwwww Flint Lock Loops are evil and the worsssst. I only have a problem because of how they basically timestall the turn they do the loop because you want as much LP as possible of course. If it could do all that in like 2 seconds then fine.

It's not too broken because once your Ancient Sacred Wyvern and Fire Princess are gone, you're open to attacks pretty much despite how much life you have, or it can be stopped before it even starts with the right cards.

It's a fun build, sure, but I don't think it's that consistent. You sure this is the only deck you want to run?

Oh definitely no I have many decks and by many I mean right now 3; I might make more. Its one that I like to use I just want to know if that was okay with everyone before I started using it.

Edited by nepeta100