Building an Ice Type team based off Serra

Another Felix

A club at my school is holding a Gym Leader and Elite 4 challenge using Showdown. Seeing as how big of a pain in the ass Serra was during the time when she was a Double Battle even without a field effect, I want to make my team as similar to her as possible. She had Glaceon, Abomasnow, Mamoswine, Jynx, Frosslass, and Walrein. What were all their abilities, held items, and moves? Also, what EVs should they be trained in?

Might want to add in Avalugg over one of these Pokemon, maybe replace Jynx? Any advice?

From Shofu's playthrough: Serra had at least this:

Glaceon-Icy Wind, Blizzard, Snow Cloak

Abomasnow- Snow Warning,

Mamoswine - Snow Cloak,Rock Slide, Earth Power

Jynx - Dry Skin, Energy Ball, Psychic, Blizzard

Walrein - Ice Body, Leftovers, Aqua Tail, Stockpile

Froslass, Snow Cloak, Shadow Ball

I'd suggest the following:

Glaceon @ BrightPowder
Ability: Snow Cloak
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Blizzard
- Icy Wind
- Wish
- Barrier
Stalling ^_^
Jynx (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Fake Out
- Psychic
- Blizzard
- Energy Ball
Fake Out is useful and the other three moves provide great coverage.
Mamoswine @ BrightPowder
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Stealth Rock
Earthquake>Earth Power, Ice Shard for priority, Stealth Rock to set up.
Froslass (F) @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hail
- Blizzard
- Shadow Ball
- Destiny Bond
Hail to reset the weather if Obama dies and the weather is changed. The rest is pretty standard.
Walrein @ Leftovers
Ability: Ice Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Stockpile
- Blizzard
- Surf
- Rest
Rest cancels status, Surf synergizes with Jynx, hits multiple opponents, and is buffed by Sp.Atk so Blizzard can be used.
Abomasnow @ Abomasite
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Blizzard
- Protect
- Giga Drain
- Light Screen

always died on the first turn when Shofu played, so Protect comes in handy. Mega on the turn after Protect to instantly cancel out any weather from the first turn.

If i remember correctly all her Pokemon had Bright Powder as held items but maybe you should also give a Megastone to Abomasnow? Their Abilities were: Snow Cloak for Frosslass, Glaceon and Mamoswine, for Jynx i don't remember (but you want to change it so it doesn't really matter) and Ice Body (or Thick Fat) for Walrein. I don't remember all their moves (it was really long ago) but Glaceon had "Icy Wind", they all packed "Blizzard" and she had a Pokemon with "Hail" too. As substitutes for Jynx i can recommend the usual "Shell Smash" Cloyster or (like you said) Avalugg. One last thing: her team worked so well in Reborn because we had limited resources it may not do so well in competitive.

Right now, it doesn't look like Doubles will be allowed, which is okay either way. Would probably change Jynx to Cloyster anyway.

If there is still space for a leader and no one has claimed it, might try to do Fairy type. Klefki would help avoid Poison with Gardevoir being a killer for those, and Azumarill, Mawile, or Dedenne would be used to offset some Steel type damage.

Also, is it possible to delete a thread?

Edited by Generalguy64

Right now, it doesn't look like Doubles will be allowed, which is okay either way. Would probably change Jynx to Cloyster anyway.

If there is still space for a leader and no one has claimed it, might try to do Fairy type. Klefki would help avoid Poison with Gardevoir being a killer for those, and Azumarill, Mawile, or Dedenne would be used to offset some Steel type damage.

Also, is it possible to delete a thread?

I think only the Mods have the 'power' to delete threads.