Lord Goodra's journey through the depths of Reborn. [MonoDragon Playthrough]

ArmoredGuardian

Uuuuh :(, I get it now. That's a little bit unfair in my opinion, cause people like me would love to have one, and then get their dreams broken :(. I mean, why don't just edit the file so he can start with a dragon pokemon that is actually obtainable in the game? like a Tyrunt for example. (I think there are Kingdra, Druddigon, Dragalge, Tyrantrum, Noivern, Flygon and Altaria available; More than 6 in total)

But that's cool doh, I mean, good for Mr. DoubleAA that he can have the pokeGod in his party. And good luck!, cause i think you'll need to stick with those 3 till Spinel Town, right? (Museum (Tyrunt) and/or Good Rod (Skrelp).

Still cryin', maybe we can get it in Episode 15(?.... :/

Have patience my friend. We'll eventually be able to get a Goomy (although I'm afraid it won't be soon though...) - since all the Pokemon will be available to us once the game is complete.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So here we are again!!! We left off at the policemen being all confuzzled and stuff...and then we found Corey in his secret chamber. Unfortunately...the battle against him didn't go so great. Well, by great I mean it was ABSOL-utely horrible. It took Goomy's Gang 3 tries to beat Corey and on the last try we barely made it.

The exciting things that happened through-out the battle was Trapinch getting a crit on Crobat when it went for Nasty Plot. Also, when Goomy paralyzed his Nidorina and both ended up fainting (poor Goomy). So basically this fight relied on Goomy and Trapinch and maybe a lil bit of Noibat..

So when we defeated Corey the Gang was all banged up and bruised... but at least we get our badge right? Nope.

After going to the Pokemon Center and healing up the Gang we follow Corey to the bridge and...lets just say he isn't gonna be gym leader anymore...

So we don't get the badge from Corey, the Grand Stairway explodes, we venture down into the Stairway, find Team Meteor, Talk to a mysterious person talking about something behind a big door, beat Aster and Eclipse's bootyful butts, climb out the stairway, go find shelly a pedo doctor, meet the twins, meets charlotte, meets the doctor, battles an orderlie?, whisper with Anna, deliver a message to Shelly, Shelly gets happy, Shelly goes back to gym, Victoria is unsure, Goomy Gang makes sure she IS sure by defeating her, and finally we are at the bookcase puzzle :/

God

783e7dc0.png

Level 34

Modest

-Dragon Breath

-Bide

-Body Slam

-Protect

Sapphire

noibat_by_aurora_ghost-d6qvcpa.png

Level 32

Modest

-Air Cutter

-Roost

-Bite

-Agility

Gaius

328.png

Level 33

Adamant

Sheer Force

-Crunch

-Rock Slide

-Bulldoze

-Dig

Also, the game is hard with only 3 mons and by now I would've had like 5 or 6 mons, but since Lord Goomy evolves so late I wont be able to get him to evolve until...Shade? I think? and that is still a ways to go.

Therefore, I won't be trading with you so I'm sowwy :[

Slap an everstone on Goomy? Are you crazy? Goomy must reach his ultimate power and everstones stop him from doing that.

~Wish me luck with Shelly guys <3

Alright so the reason I gave him a Goomy is because of Goomy hype. Had it been any other dragon, I would have refused. For one Goomy evolves at level 40 and unless you've got rain in your forecast, you aren't getting Goodra. Besides, I consider Goodra to be one of the lesser of OP dragons. For one it may have a vast movepool, but by level up only, it only gets grass, water, dragon and normal attacks. Considering that a lot of it's variety comes from TM's it can't do as much, especially when you compare it's stats to other dragons like Dragonite and Salamence, which were built to be sweepers. Goodra isn't built for sweeping and that's why I gave him a Goomy. Goodra is arguably harder to get than Dragonite, Salamence, etc. due to evolution method, most of it's movepool comes from TMs, it's not a sweeper, and no Draco Meteor. It's slow, and can't take physical attacks. Better than Haxorus, but not the other dragons like Hydreigon, Garchomp, Salamence and Dragonite. So please don't cry. We'd probably get Goomy before those other 4 anyway.

So yeah fighting Shelly is hard..I keep losing :/

I already lost 3 times xD

And you people say Dragons are OP :[

Edit: Okay so I got super lucky...both my Noibat and Vibrava (evolved it after 4th lost) got a crit on Masquerain? and Illumise... then Yanmega came out and so does Wormadam so I use Rock Slide again and I got ANOTHER crit on Yanmega and leaving Wormadam in the yellow so as I switch in my Goomy out comes Anorith and so I E-quake to get rid of Anorith and Wormadam. Anorith lives and Wormadam falls. (Glad I had protect on my Goomy) so out comes Bugsy...this thing was a pain with dazzling gleam...nearly took out my Vibrava but Goomy took it like a champ and eliminated Anorith and Vibrava used Rock Slide on Bugsy while Goomy use Bide to end it with a Boom.

The End.

God

783e7dc0.png

Level 35

Modest

Gooey

-Dragon Breath

-Bide

-Body Slam

-Protect

Sapphire

Level 34

Modest

Infiltrator

-Air Cutter

-Roost

-Bite

-Tailwind

Gaius

329.png

Level 36

Adamant

Levitate

-Crunch

-Rock Slide

-Earthquake

-Dragon Breath

Ugh, Shelly was a pain indeed..

I hope no one saw that typo..

Edited by DoubleAA14

So yeah fighting Shelly is hard..I keep losing :/

I already lost 3 times xD

And you people say Dragons are OP :[

Ohhh Shelly, right, now without Flame Burst IS going to be more challenging than ever, specially if you only have 3 Pokémon...

EDIT: Ninja'd

Edited by Absolute_Zero

Just grind coins and get yourself another Trapinch. Give it an Everstone. Get Superpower at 40. Evolve it to Vibrava and then go straight to the move relearner and give it Bug Buz. Then go to Radomous and Luna and give them pain.

Skrelp will be avaliable, so you can get 4 pokemon (not that a poison type will help against Radomus). But hey, what about a mega evolve exception? Like... pokemon that have a dragon type mega, I'm talking about Ampharos, it's a dragon type when it mega evolves, and it gets signal beam for Radomus.

Just grind coins and get yourself another Trapinch. Give it an Everstone. Get Superpower at 40. Evolve it to Vibrava and then go straight to the move relearner and give it Bug Buz. Then go to Radomous and Luna and give them pain.

Ugh..too lazy :/

Skrelp will be avaliable, so you can get 4 pokemon (not that a poison type will help against Radomus). But hey, what about a mega evolve exception? Like... pokemon that have a dragon type mega, I'm talking about Ampharos, it's a dragon type when it mega evolves, and it gets signal beam for Radomus.

That could work...I guess I could bend the rules a bit :3

Wait is Swablu not in the game yet? I'm pretty sure Swablu has to be somewhere before Radomus. Yeah it's in Aventurine Woods. You just need to head but trees. That makes 5. Then if you go and beat Samson you can get Druddigon and finally have 6 dragons. Then there's Horsea, and Axew in E16/17

Ugh..too lazy :/

That could work...I guess I could bend the rules a bit :3

a. Don't be lazy, you're gonna love Superpower-ing that Tyranitar

and b, if you bend the rules, you have a legitimate starter in Treecko. That means no Goomy. Hehehe.

So yeah, a lot of things happened. We broke the children that were in the orphanage out and escaped to the Railnet.

So I had the responsibility to go navigate the old power plant and find this ghost gym leader... Good thing I go the light of G-......oh god.. Goomy evolved o3o

into Sliggoo!!! Lord Goomy has entered his second form, one more to go... Since I got Sliggoo at my side...and also an Ampharos. it ate up Chandelure's hits, Gengar's hits, Rotom's hits, knocked out Golett in two hits with Muddy Water, and almost knocking out Pumpkaboo but it got a crit. Then, Gaius comes in with crunch and finishes off Pumpkaboo and destroys Doublade after setting up swords dance lucky it didn't use shadow sneak..

Ampharos was actually useless... grinded for nothing..but those shadowballs still hurt when I sacrificed it to heal Sliggoo

So Noibat is useless again this gym battle.. too bad I used it to heal Sliggoo that one time..

Moving on~

The children get kidnapped by Team Meteor and we gotta go to Apopholyll? (can't spell it right) and find KiKi..but we yet again get side tracked and go into Blackstream Factory with Amaria and her team of level 70 pokes... Sliggoo could take em tho ;) but yeah she basically rekts Team Meteor and actually saved my life.. \(^-^)/ so with that all over we finally get a boat and take a ride on the seas and hopefully a place where I get my skrelp...

Moving on~

So we meet KiKi, fight Cal, beat Cal, he goes back to "meditating", Go back to Kiki's room, see her stressed out and weak, Kiki leaves to go to the battle field, fight Victoria, beat Victoria, heal pokemans, and lastly....

TUNE IN NEXT TIME~

Updated Team:

God

sliggoo.png

Level 42

Modest

Gooey

-Dragon Pulse

-Bide

-Muddy Water

-Protect

Sapphire

Level 40

Modest

Infiltrator

-Air Cutter

-Roost

-Bite

-Whirlwind

Gaius

329.png

Level 43

Adamant

Levitate

-Crunch

-Rock Slide

-Earthquake

-SUPERPOWER

Sheepu (Temporary)

megaampharos_sprite_by_shmexie_x_deoxys-

Calm

Static

-Discharge

-Confuse Ray

-Signal Beam

-Rock Smash

btw I'm dumping Ampharos after I beat Kiki...just feels wrong...

Been playing non stop since I got home!!!! I did some grinding and some fishing and some reviving...phew so much happened..

So basically we beat Kiki after 5 tries..ended up having to evolve my Vibrava... and she faints, we go find Cain on Azurine Island, we get to the Island, turns out Aster and Eclipse is there so we fight them, we find Cain in the basement, beats Taka the most chill villain I ever saw, go back to the school, climb the mountain with Victoria, got swept by Solaris' Garchomp, Kiki comes, Medicham is sent out, Medicham is sent out INTO the lava, Kiki gets her neck sliced by garchomp, Victoria goes cray cray on Cal, the protagonist is quiet, we head over to the Wasteland gate and fight Cain, beat Cain, enters the Wasteland, finds Aya defeated by the Grasshole, fights Grasshole (a bit of a challenge this time), beats Grasshole, fights Aya, beats aya after about 9 tries, gets badge, goes to railnet, goes inside yuryeu building, fights Meteor grunts, fights Sigmund, rescues everyone out, Sliggoo and Noibat evolves, does the puzzle, rescues a dude, goes to Charlotte's house, meets Laura, goes to Spinel town to get Good Rod and revives Tyrunt, goes back to Reborn city and catch a Skrelp, grind the skrelp and Tryunt till they evolve.

Now, I'm about to fight Bennett so wish me luck ;)

The End.

God

Goodra.png

Level 50

Modest

Gooey

-Dragon Pulse

-Sludge Wave

-Muddy Water

-Bide

Sapphire

NoivernFrontSprite_zps1201882f.png

Level 48

Modest

Infiltrator

-Air Slash

-Roost

-Dragon Pulse

-Super Fang

Gaius

330.png

Level 49

Adamant

Levitate

-Crunch

-Dragon Claw

-Earthquake

-Superpower

Pyrrhon

697.png

Level 48

Impish

Strong Jaw (soon to be Rock Head)

-Head Smash

-Earthquake

-Crunch

-Dragon Claw

PokeLuke

Dragalge.gif

Level 48

Mild (soon to be Modest)

Poison Touch (soon to be Adaptability)

-Sludge Bomb

-HydroPump

-Dragon Pulse

-ShadowBall

So yeah clearly I worked hard on this team to become the best, but it still is kinda crappy. Also, I feel as thought this playthrough is making me skilled as a player because i have to think outside of the box (I usually just go for it).

P.S Goodra is better than Garchomp...

P.P.S Goodra never fails

Edited by DoubleAA14

OMG OMG OMG I BEAT SERRA ON MY SECOND TRY!!!!!!...I BEAT SERRA WITH A DRAGON TEAM...OMG IT WAS ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL AND GOODRA WAS THE LAST ONE STANDING!!!! THIS JUST SHOWS THAT GOODRA IS ALMIGHTY AND IS THE TRUE GOD OF POKEMON!!!!!!!!!!

PROOF:

pqA7AJS.png

Also....bide doesn't work on ghost types.. thought it did :/

Also...sorry Luke for naming you after a girl and sorry Pyrrhon for spelling your name wrong :/

Edited by DoubleAA14