FraRPetO

Face your fears as you search for answers in the ancient city of Yharnam, now cursed with a strange endemic illness spreading through the streets like wildfire. Danger, death and madness lurk around every corner of this dark and horrific world, and you must discover its darkest secrets in order to survive.

Anyone getting this game?

I can't wait to play it!

I'm so excited for this game!!!!! I heard it was 1,000,000x harder than Dark Souls II which i really hope happens

From what I've seen so far from streams... I actually thing it is way more easier than Dark Souls 1 and/or 2...

- you start with 20 health-potions (which constantly(!!!) drop...), compared to a fairly limited Estus-Flask in Dark Souls... and it doesn't take so long to use it.

- you have a stash where potions and ammunition go that you pick up, when you are maxed out currently... so even if you should run low once at a "bonfire" you can go access your stash and fill up

- speaking of bonfire... there you do the typical stuff, leveling up, upgrade weapons, buy stuff... and SELL stuff! No more bazillion low-level weapons taht are all identical... convert them into currency! (but weapons and armor seem to be much more rare)

- The enemies don't hit like a truck like in Dark Souls (except a few exceptions... those wolf-beasts are devestating)

But then... the one I watch has only beaten 2 bosses and is on his way to boss 3...

From what I've seen so far from streams... I actually thing it is way more easier than Dark Souls 1 and/or 2...

- you start with 20 health-potions (which constantly(!!!) drop...), compared to a fairly limited Estus-Flask in Dark Souls... and it doesn't take so long to use it.

- you have a stash where potions and ammunition go that you pick up, when you are maxed out currently... so even if you should run low once at a "bonfire" you can go access your stash and fill up

- speaking of bonfire... there you do the typical stuff, leveling up, upgrade weapons, buy stuff... and SELL stuff! No more bazillion low-level weapons taht are all identical... convert them into currency! (but weapons and armor seem to be much more rare)

- The enemies don't hit like a truck like in Dark Souls (except a few exceptions... those wolf-beasts are devestating)

But then... the one I watch has only beaten 2 bosses and is on his way to boss 3...

You're familiar with the term "Easier said than done" correct? It's probably not as hard to people who played the Soul series or/and the demo but to newcomers it's a nightmare.

I first played Dark Souls before Demon Souls, and I've been told that it's much harder but I got through it fairly easy but it was an incredible experience.

Edited by Gentleman's Hat

You're familiar with the term "Easier said than done" correct? It's probably not as hard to people who played the Soul series or/and the demo but to newcomers it's a nightmare.

I first played Dark Souls before Demon Souls, and I've been told that it's much harder but I got through it fairly easy but it was an incredible experience.

Well I was just pointing out things that make it easier compared to dark souls in MY OPPINION from what I've SEEN

I mean, either you struggle with like 5 Estus charges constantly fearing being hit... OR you have permanently 20 health potions at your disposal, which makes getting hit not THAT bad... it gives more room for errors. (and the timing of drinking and using the potions)

And getting hit in Dark Souls could easily take away about half your health... instead of being hit 2-3 times before hitting half health, except the mentioned exceptions.

and there are like only 6 attributes to assign points to while leveling up... making it more straightforward and not so confusing to new players.

So to say: it is more beginner-friendly than the DS-series.

I won't play Bloodborne anyway, unless it somehow finds it's way to PC, because I don't own a PS4...

I reeeeeaally want this game, but I'd have to buy a PS4 to play it... I'm a big fan of Dark Souls 2, and Bloodborne's setting looks awesome. Debating whether this game justifies buying an entire PS4 though...

I wouldn't make the same exact comparison with DS and BB. BB feels more like an action game and DS is a slower paced clunkier game.

In DS you walk around shield up being cautious of what lurks around the corner. And in BB you semi-wreckless-ly charge ala Rambo style.

I like how much faster paced this game is.

My commentary as I go through the video.

That character's face in the menu... were you trying for Harry Potter, cuz that's rather spot on. xD

The game does look incredibly easy. It has very obvious, very easily dodged swipes with not that much range and generic leap into the sky attack. And how did that one honest review trailer describe dark souls? 'Killing bosses = endless butt poking' to paraphrase it.

If finally changes up its attacks at 1/3 hp. By adding a forward lunge it probably should have used from the beginning.

Wait a second! Everyone is saying the cleric demon is easy and I know why. What other beginning boss in the souls series has jumped from a tower, had easy to dodge swiping attacks and a forward lunge attack? The Taurus demon. It all makes so much sense now! Nah what I'm trying to get at here is that this fight is easy because it is the exact same fight, just no shield and a wider bridge to compensate for it. This is literally the same fight. THE. SAME. FIGHT! We are all use to the formula by this point, but without molotovs, the Cleric Demon could take some time to whittle down.

I tried to make my face but it ended up as Harry Potter xD

The game isn't that hard if you're careful. I played the Alpha so I knew the area and boss, then beat it second try this time. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...