CTRL+V

Shamitako

• Replies 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mega Absol is everything >:c

Keep saying that. You might believe it.

"Current highlight list: Vinny, Vin, Vin Diesel, Vinny953, Ynniv, Vin Sneasel, that weavile guy, Weavinny, Sneasel, Weavile, Water god"

no clue why i got server stuff in my CTRL+V today

Edited by Vinny

"My daughter,

I hope this letter receives you in good health. I will not mask my words with honey, my dearest. I know what I've afflicted upon you has no excuse, and this letter is not to apologize, but rather it is your call of duty.

You know the purpose of our family. For generations, we have kept it at bay. But now it has come loose. As I write this, I can feel it's dark tendrils corroding my psyche, making me tether at the edge of insanity... I do not know for how long I can stand. Yet I must, and I will, for it must be kept at bay. For now, I have sealed it within the manor, so that it cannot escape.

Hurry, my daughter. I know you have abandoned our family to seek fame and fortune as an adventurer, but I must ask you to return. I must ask you to gather your companions and return home. By the time this letter reaches you, if it does, you will be the last Breakspire. You must succeed.

You must.

Forever yours,

Sir Michael Breakspire,

Lord of Miltas"

The letter had reached her three days ago. Maria Breakspire read the letter for the fifth time. The Paladin was the leader of a somewhat famous group of adventurers known as the Slayers of Sthenos, after a monstrous, highly-violent Gorgon who they slayed during an assault at the village of Mirthweed. The woman toyed with the paper in her hands, peering at her father's handwriting, usually so polished and refined, this time shaky and rushed, barely legible. She could tell through a several different ways that the letter was sent in a hurry. The parchment was old and ripped, yet her prude parent didn't bother to replace it. The letter itself was encased in a leather pouch, which was not befitting of a noble family as hers, which implied her father grabbed anything he could and used it immediately. All these actions did not reflect the normal actions of Lord Breakspire, so often worried about appearances, so often focused on his musings on the arcane and his studies on the aetherius that when his own daughter professed interest in worshipping not his books and spells but the Just God, he quickly cast her out.

Yet this proud, prude, arrogant man meekly asked not for forgiveness nor for redemption, but for assistance. He mentioned a darkness as if it was something she should know of or remember; Yet she had no recollection of it.

The paladin did not like the way this whole situation sounded. The truth is, if her father was possessed by a demon, it's very likely he was already overpowered and this was a trap, the creature reading his memories to lure his family members in for the kill. Her father could also be tricking her for whatever reason - Tyr knows why, the man always seemed to enjoy toying with her and her faith.

One way or another, it was clear she would have to investigate. Whatever this darkness was – be it a demon, a joke, or an ancient tradition, the very existence of this evil offends the Just God. And so, as his Justicar, it is her job to deliver his divine retribution wherever evil may hide. Even if that entails going back home for a weekend.

“I can already see the assortment of parents who will comment on my height, weight, age, body and everything in-between” She muttered in a sigh.

Fine, so be it. Let’s at least get this over with quickly she mused, making her way out of her modest room and into the main hall of the Broken Fang Inn, the local hostel in Mirthweed her band was using as their headquarters.

Her companions, upon noticing her in full armor and the stern expression across her face, stood at attention.

“Listen up.” She started “We will be travelling to Miltas to visit my family in Breakspire manor. Something has happened, according to my father, and it bears immediate investigation.”

Her tone was final, and left little room for objection or denial. The others merely threw glances at each other for a moment and then stood up, departing to gather their belongings.

The sole reason I posted was because I admitedly did not expect that.

And yes, that's what I had copied.

PS: It's taking all of me not to edit the text above to change the parts I don't like.

Hnnng.

I don't even know what this is gonna be...

Spike Jones Biography
(1911–1965)

QUICK FACTS NAME Spike Jones BIRTH DATE December 14, 1911 DEATH DATE May 1, 1965 EDUCATION Long Beach Polytechnic High School PLACE OF BIRTH Long Beach, California PLACE OF DEATH Los Angeles, California AKA Lindley Jones FULL NAME Lindley Armstrong Jones NICKNAME The Man Who Murdered Music Spike King of Corn

American bandleader and musician Spike Jones was best known for his novelty songs of the 1940s and '50s, which used unusual sound effects and instruments.

IN THESE GROUPS

QUOTES
“We can play music straight and pretty as anyone if we want to, but it's more fun this way.”
—Spike Jones

Synopsis

Born in 1911, Spike Jones began his musical career working in nightclubs and as a studio percussionist. He gained attention for the unique, surprising and humorous sound effects that he was able to create by using unusual instruments and other objects. In the 1940s and '50s, Jones's band, the City Slickers, found success with its satirical renditions of pop and classical music. Jones died in 1965.

Early Years and Musical Roots

Spike Jones was born Lindley Armstrong Jones on December 14, 1911, in Long Beach, California, to Lindley Murray and Ada (née Armstrong) Jones. His father was employed as a station agent for the Southern Pacific Railroad, and the family moved frequently due to his work.

Jones began playing drums at the age of 11. As a teenager, he formed a band called Spike Jones and His Five Tacks. After he graduated from Long Beach Polytechnic High School in 1929, he began playing percussion at nightclubs around Hollywood. By the late 1930s, he was working as a session drummer for several Los Angeles recording studios and performing in bands on live radio shows.

Spike Jones and His City Slickers

To set himself apart from other studio drummers, Jones began adding unusual sound effects to his performances, using items like automobile horns, cowbells, doorbells and kitchen utensils. He was soon being hired for his ability to produce unique noises, which added surprise and humor to recordings and radio programs.

At the beginning of the 1940s, Jones formed a band called Spike Jones and His City Slickers. Their breakthrough success came in 1942 with the irreverent song "Der Fuehrer's Face." The song—which had been written to accompany an anti-Nazi cartoon produced by Walt Disney during World War II—appeared on a record that sold 1.5 million copies. Its success made Jones a household name.

The City Slickers went on to record more hit songs, utilizing comical voice effects, the sounds of live goats and barking dogs and instruments from slide whistles and tubas to a "latrinophone," which was a toilet accessorized with strings so that it could be played like a harp. Their recordings of the 1940s and '50s included "Cocktails for Two" (with a chorus of hiccuping singers), "You Always Hurt the One You Love" and "All I Want for Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth" (with one of the band members lisping in a baby voice). They also parodied famous works of classical music, like Gioachino Rossini's "William Tell Overture," Johann Strauss's "Blue Danube" waltz and George Bizet's opera Carmen.

During the 1940s, the City Slickers began a tour called the Musical Depreciation Revue, which ran for several years. Jones, fronting the band, wore loudly colored, checkered suits and added countless props to his stage routine. He continued this performance style in television appearances throughout the 1950s. In the 1960s, Jones formed a more traditional band and recorded albums in a straightforward Dixieland style; however, he would always be best remembered for his comedic work.

Death and Influence

Jones died on May 1, 1965, in Los Angeles, California, due to complications related to emphysema. He was 53 years old. He had been married twice, to two singers: Patricia Ann Middleton, with whom he had a daughter, and then to Helen Greco, with whom he had two daughters and a son.

Jones's son Lindley, known as Spike Jr., was also a musical performer who carried on his father's legacy in the 1970s. Other performers, from Frank Zappa to Weird Al Yankovic, have mentioned Jones as an important influence on their own sense of humor and their satirical recordings. Jones's admirers range from radio personality Dr. Demento to author Thomas Pynchon to the director Spike Jonze, who adapted a variant of Jones's name as his own professional name.

EDIT: Spoiler'd that because it turned out to be kind of big. And seeing it reminded me of the essay I don't want to write. :(