Wheel of Time pilot

Maelstrom

http://www.wired.com/2015/02/wheel-of-time-tv-pilot/

Basically, fox acquired the rights to make a series that would have easily rivaled Game of Thrones for epicness.

And they turn out this trash.

It starts off well. They give a decent glimpse into Lews Therin's madness. And then I abhor the way they portray Ishamael. Ishamael is proud, haughty, commanding, arrogant, and second in greatness only to Lews Therin himself. In any other time, he would have been the greatest man alive. In any other time, he probably would not have turned to the Shadow out of envy and pride. This guy seems lazy and boring- he is not the darkness's greatest champion basking in his triumph over his greatest rival. He does not revel in Lews Therin's pain as he heals him just enough for him to remember who killed his friends and family as he should have. alskjfklsajdf, the director clearly never read the books.

Such shitty special effects too.

And I would continue to rant about all the things wrong with it... but after I watched the video and continued reading, it became clear that they DIDN'T have the rights to make it at all. So screw those guys.

My anger turned into relief. And then into hope that at some point someone (hopefully HBO) will turn this 14 book epic into a worthy series.

Hopefully HBO because they've proven they can handle the genre pretty well.

Still, the narration at the beginning and end does a good job and I kinda hope it sparks up some interest in the series.

HBO would be best, I think. The books don't really lend themselves to the format of a movie; if they tried to make one they would have to completely gut the story or end up with an eight-hour show.

Also, why don't they bring in Jordan's wife as a consultant? Since RJ is not around, she'd have the best idea of what the special effects should look like.