How does breeding work?

InfinityMechanism

I've been playing the game and lurking the forums without signing up, and planned to finish the game that way since there's a bunch of info out there; however, I noticed that after a certain point, gym leaders' pokemon have max ivs and evs, as well as abilities and moves to back that up. The game is nicely challenging so far, but I don't think that I could get through something like that unless I breed pokemon to stand up to those, with how the level cap system works.

Sooo

1. How does breeding work in this game? Is it like the official games, and babies inherit three random ivs from either parent?

2. Are breeding items available? (Power items, Everstone, Destiny Knot)

Welcome to the forums! Hope you enjoy your stay around here, feel free to introduce yourself in the Grand Hall!

To answer your questions, 1) it's Gen 6 Standards, though passing down IVs is kinda wonky ATM and 2) yes. The items are at the 4th floor of the Obsidia Dept. Store at 15k a pop. Although right now, there's some bugs with that, namely breeding with a parent holding a Destiny Knot or both holding Power items make the game crash iirc.

I -think- (bear with me) that you might be safe with just a D. Knot but combining it with power items could cause problems.

Well never use Power Items on breed and I just answer on what Etesian said.

I don't even remember if the problem is with D. Knot and Power Items or Power Items alone or D. Knot alone

Hmm i dont know why you are having these crashes guys, im using the latest version of the game 14.1.1 and everytime i send to the day care two pokemons:

-one with destiny knot

-the second with a power item

I never have had a crash, but ye the IV of the baby sometimes are a bit messed up :P

and you don't need to use perfect iv/ev pokemon just skills and maybe at times luck

luck shouldn't even be a factor though... :x imo.

i understand the goal is to make a challenging game, but knowing that any pokemon you raise will always be outclassed in a major way is really discouraging.

especially with breeding being kind of glitched. :s

luck shouldn't even be a factor though... :x imo.

i understand the goal is to make a challenging game, but knowing that any pokemon you raise will always be outclassed in a major way is really discouraging.

especially with breeding being kind of glitched. :s

You are playing vs a semi retarded AI, no matter what pokemon it has and how good their stats are you should always be able to outsmart it. Breeding should get fixed soon, probably in the next update 14.5

You are playing vs a semi retarded AI, no matter what pokemon it has and how good their stats are you should always be able to outsmart it. Breeding should get fixed soon, probably in the next update 14.5

The AI is only like that right now due to Essentials' newest update, things will be fixed eventually. Might as well be prepared for that.

But I thought nobody knew how the eggs got there :[

Oh come one, everyone knows about the DeliBirds and the Beedrills, the daycare people are playing dumb for the younger trainers' sake

The AI is only like that right now due to Essentials' newest update, things will be fixed eventually. Might as well be prepared for that.

Oh come one, everyone knows about the DeliBirds and the Beedrills, the daycare people are playing dumb for the younger trainers' sake

I know that, and my point still stands, you should always be able to outsmart it.