New team!! Some advice will be really nice.

Follow

Hello! So, I have many save files, like a grass mono one, a A.T. challenge (all types included), but I decided to start a MAIN file, and I'm currently breeding for the sets (I finished episode 14), I want 6 pokemon, but I only have 5 at the moment, a suggestion for a 6th is also really appreciative. THOSE NICKNAMES

693.gif

Yara, the Clawitzer

Mega Launcher

Modest

Max Health/Sp.Att EVs

Holding nothing

- Ice Beam

- Water Pulse

- Aura Sphere

- Dark Pulse

Haven't tested it yet, I prefer water pulse over surf cuz confusion.

697.gif

Dracarys, the Tyrantrum

Rock Head

Jolly

Max Speed/Att EVs

Holding nothing

- Head Smash

- Dragon Dance

- Dragon Claw

- Earthquake

Head Smash sounds so OP. Also, where can I find PP ups for Head Smash?

609.gif

The hound, the Chandelure

Flash Fire

Timid

Max Speed/Sp.Att EVs

Holding nothing (waiting for expert belt)

- Flamethrower

- Shadow Ball

- Energy Ball

- Psychic

- HP Ground

Not bred yet, the chain is Swirlix > Castform > Solosis > Litwick I think. HP Ground is a rotation move, because as flamethrower, Shadow Ball, and HP are TMs, I can learn and relearn them whenever I want.

542.gif

Margaery, the Leavanny

Overcoat

Jolly

Max Speed/Att EVs

Holding nothing

- Sticky Web

- Leaf Blade

- Screech

- X-Scissor

Screech > SD, because leavanny has just too many weaknesses to set up safely...

620.gif

Syrio Forel, the Mienshao

Reckless

Adamant

Max Speed/Att EVs

Holding Life orb

- High Jump Kick

- Knock Off

- Poison Jab

- Swords Dance

Really, if I can set up, NOTHING that does not resist can take a Reckless life orb HJK at +2.

Aaanndd a 6th, what do you recommend??

Other things: What items can I give them? Feel free to suggest!! I also have in my box Archeops, Metagross, Froslass and Cinccino, EV trained and with good movesets, but they were just too boring...

Edited by Follow

One suggestion I mainly think of is Metagross for some nice resistances and poison immunity, but since you don't like it, some other options that might be interesting are Gardevoir, Magnezone, Excadrill, Nidoking/-queen and Crobat.
If you want something that disrupts your opponent, go for ones like Emolga or Pachirisu. I always use the latter in my runs for Charm+T-Wave/Nuzzle+Sweet Kiss+Super Fang to prepare the opponent for my next poke to set up against, or taking him out while haxnoying him. It's suprisingly effective.

Edited by laggless01

For Clawitzer, Dragon Pulse would be better than Dark Pulse, Dark has unnecessary coverage while Dragon can really come in handy.

Go Yanma hunting and give that Tyrantrum a Wide Lens to boost the accuracy of HS some.

For Chandelure, HP Fighting or Ice would be much better than Ground imo. Solosis also isn't necessary in the chain since both Castform and Litwick are in the Amorphous Egg Group.

For what could work as a 6th...use whatever? Really, Fairy and Electric are the only attacking types you don't have and they're not even that necessary, you don't have any huge defensive holes. Durant and Heliolisk fit onto any team, as does Archeops (though not as well). Durant would give you another 4x Fire weakness, but it doesn't matter, I had this sucker sweep Charlotte.

For the sets for those 2, Durant's best is Hustle with Hone Claws, Iron Head, X-Scissor and Rock Slide (might wanna give it a Wide Lens, after a Hone Claws Rock Slide still doesn't have perfect accuracy). Heliolisk's best would be Dry Skin with Thunderbolt, Grass Knot, HP Ice and Surf/Dark Pulse.

For Clawitzer, Dragon Pulse would be better than Dark Pulse, Dark has unnecessary coverage while Dragon can really come in handy.

Go Yanma hunting and give that Tyrantrum a Wide Lens to boost the accuracy of HS some.

For Chandelure, HP Fighting or Ice would be much better than Ground imo. Solosis also isn't necessary in the chain since both Castform and Litwick are in the Amorphous Egg Group.

For what could work as a 6th...use whatever? Really, Fairy and Electric are the only attacking types you don't have and they're not even that necessary, you don't have any huge defensive holes. Durant and Heliolisk fit onto any team, as does Archeops (though not as well). Durant would give you another 4x Fire weakness, but it doesn't matter, I had this sucker sweep Charlotte.

For the sets for those 2, Durant's best is Hustle with Hone Claws, Iron Head, X-Scissor and Rock Slide (might wanna give it a Wide Lens, after a Hone Claws Rock Slide still doesn't have perfect accuracy). Heliolisk's best would be Dry Skin with Thunderbolt, Grass Knot, HP Ice and Surf/Dark Pulse.

I need Solosis for Psychic. What about the PP ups? The wide lens is an option for Tyrantrum.

My team can't deal with fairies, so a steel/poison addition will probably be the best. Durant, crobat, nidoking, excadrill, great options, but drill can't get Iron Head via leveling up. I'm considering crobat, nidoking or durant.

Ah, I didn't see Psychic there. About the PP UPs, right in front of the Beryl Library is either a PP UP or an HP UP, I'm pretty sure it's the former. There's also the option of a "Pickup Team".

Fairy isn't that tough a type anyways, but if you insist, Durant, Crobat, Nidoking, Drapion, Toxicroak, Dragalge, Gengar, Scolipede, Escavalier, Magnezone and Bisharp are all excellent Poison/Steel types. Scolipede especially, some of your team members really could use a Speed boost or two.
You've done very well with your current members' movesets, so I won't waste your time with details on all of these guys. Just make sure that Crobat uses Nasty Plot, Drapion has Sniper and a Scope Lens, Toxicroak gets Bulk Up and remember the Drill Run tutor for Escavalier (...wherever he is, I can't remember) if one of them is what you choose to use.

Ah, I didn't see Psychic there. About the PP UPs, right in front of the Beryl Library is either a PP UP or an HP UP, I'm pretty sure it's the former. There's also the option of a "Pickup Team".

Fairy isn't that tough a type anyways, but if you insist, Durant, Crobat, Nidoking, Drapion, Toxicroak, Dragalge, Gengar, Scolipede, Escavalier, Magnezone and Bisharp are all excellent Poison/Steel types. Scolipede especially, some of your team members really could use a Speed boost or two.

You've done very well with your current members' movesets, so I won't waste your time with details on all of these guys. Just make sure that Crobat uses Nasty Plot, Drapion has Sniper and a Scope Lens, Toxicroak gets Bulk Up and remember the Drill Run tutor for Escavalier (...wherever he is, I can't remember) if one of them is what you choose to use.

Oh my god, I forgot about magnezone, with some bulk investment, analytic magnezone with discharge, flash cannon, t-wave/screech and hp fire can do really well. And a sturdy mirror coat is also really good, maybe the last one is superior. Crobat really could do well IF it could get a decent poison stab. Bisharp, croak, dragalge and drapion don't resist fairies, and I already got dark, fighting and dragon coverage. Escavalier is a powerhouse, but it's not that great without trick room, same thing for dragalge. Scolipede is a nice batonpasser, but Mienshao's poison jab hits harder than scolipede's. I think magnezone will be my choice. I'm between zone or nidoking.

Edit: Actually, I think Nidoqueen will be better because it has a better bulk. And then I can give Mienshao a black belt, because Life Orb Sheer Force Sludge wave will definitely work.

- Ice Beam

- TBolt

- Sludge Wave

- Earth Power

This is what I'm thinking.

Edited by Follow

Fairy is a really slow type, to the point that Bisharp and Toxicroak not actually resisting Fairy doesn't matter, they've pretty much got a guaranteed OHKO with a STAB move, since they're not good at physical defense either. As for Crobat, STAB +2 Venoshock already does a lot, but if you get anything to set up T-Spikes that's pretty much a guaranteed sweep until a Steel type comes along.

And I've tried both Nidos, and can say you'll definitely appreciate the extra Speed and Power much more than the extra bulk.

Though I'm still pushing for Durant. Not only is it really fast, Hustle essentially gives it a base 190 Attack stat, while Hone Claws negates it's only drawback and buffs it's attack further. It takes skill to fail a sweep after a HC, and the set-up is no problem against any non-fire physical attacker. And again, Fire types are no problems for it, since it easily outspeeds all Fire types except for Talonflame and hits them really hard.

Fairy is a really slow type, to the point that Bisharp and Toxicroak not actually resisting Fairy doesn't matter, they've pretty much got a guaranteed OHKO with a STAB move, since they're not good at physical defense either. As for Crobat, STAB +2 Venoshock already does a lot, but if you get anything to set up T-Spikes that's pretty much a guaranteed sweep until a Steel type comes along.

And I've tried both Nidos, and can say you'll definitely appreciate the extra Speed and Power much more than the extra bulk.

Though I'm still pushing for Durant. Not only is it really fast, Hustle essentially gives it a base 190 Attack stat, while Hone Claws negates it's only drawback and buffs it's attack further. It takes skill to fail a sweep after a HC, and the set-up is no problem against any non-fire physical attacker. And again, Fire types are no problems for it, since it easily outspeeds all Fire types except for Talonflame and hits them really hard.

Hm, Maybe there isn't any problem on having two 4x fire weaknesses when you got a lamp with fire immunity and a max HP Ev'd pokemon that resists fire. I've already used durant in one of my save files, and sometimes it's quite hard to set up, because it has got low HP and spdef. But those 190 are INSANE, if somehow I can set up it's gg. So I think durant is probably the best I can go for (I'm wondering how did you find a way to sweep Charlotte with a durant, since that darmanitan has Scarf flare blitz, was the AI acting like Ash? :blink: )

Hm, Maybe there isn't any problem on having two 4x fire weaknesses when you got a lamp with fire immunity and a max HP Ev'd pokemon that resists fire. I've already used durant in one of my save files, and sometimes it's quite hard to set up, because it has got low HP and spdef. But those 190 are INSANE, if somehow I can set up it's gg. So I think durant is probably the best I can go for (I'm wondering how did you find a way to sweep Charlotte with a durant, since that darmanitan has Scarf flare blitz, was the AI acting like Ash? :blink: )

Just wait for a physical attacker and setting up is no problem with that 112 base Defense. About the Darmanitan, first it U-Turned on outta there for some reason, then got caught on the switch-in by a teammate. An "Ash-worthy" play indeed, haha.

Just wait for a physical attacker and setting up is no problem with that 112 base Defense. About the Darmanitan, first it U-Turned on outta there for some reason, then got caught on the switch-in by a teammate. An "Ash-worthy" play indeed, haha.

Ugh, I just can't deal with two 4x fire weaknesses, I'm switching leavanny for roserade, and then adding durant. I don't know if I'll miss sticky web since I never used it, but I think roserade is way better than leavanny, and it can also take special hits really well. And yeah, the AI could be a lot better.

Ugh, I just can't deal with two 4x fire weaknesses, I'm switching leavanny for roserade, and then adding durant. I don't know if I'll miss sticky web since I never used it, but I think roserade is way better than leavanny, and it can also take special hits really well. And yeah, the AI could be a lot better.

The new Essentials update was 1 step forward and 2 back. Roserade is fun to use though, if you don't mind having something in common with Fern. Make sure to give it Technician for Hidden Power.

If your team has Roserade instead of Leavanny, I suggest you really think about that Durant. If you are worried about having nothing for ground moves, try various physical flying types like Staraptor, Honchkrow or Gliscor

If your team has Roserade instead of Leavanny, I suggest you really think about that Durant. If you are worried about having nothing for ground moves, try various physical flying types like Staraptor, Honchkrow or Gliscor

Maybe not, because ground types are easily countered by clawitzer and roserade (since it's going to outspeed 90% of them with a timid nature), + Air Balloons.