Your First Pokémon

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First Game: Pokemon Black

First Pokemon: Oshawott

Am I still cool even though I started with 5th gen?

(: Yes, Oshawott is awesome.

My first starter was Charmander (I was mainstream). I chose him and boy was it hard to get through the beginning of the game. I remember when I got to the pokemon center and Nurse Joy healed my pokemon, I thought she was giving me more pokemon. So I repeatedly healed my pokemon for a good while. I laugh at my stupidity now. XD

I'm most definitely a Genwunner (and I'm 24, I don't have a reason not to be.)

My first Pokémon was Charmander, because 5 year old Hilda was of the strong belief that you absolutely HAD to pick the Pokémon on the box. (Back in -my- day they didn't put the game's LEGENDARY on the box - they put a STARTER pokemon on the box *granny voice*)

Wait wait wait, I'm 25+ and i'm not a Genwunner (neither I have a problem with them when they have an actually reason to be) so why the age have something with someone to be a Genwunner

Also what box are u talking about? o.O

Oh yes I remember when I played one of the first pokemon games. I do believe I picked Totodile because he looked quite a boss.

I also thought the rival's name was legitimately ??? when he told me and I didn't know that the police officer's question was a hidden Name your Rival!

Oh yes I remember when I played one of the first pokemon games. I do believe I picked Totodile because he looked quite a boss.

I also thought the rival's name was legitimately ??? when he told me and I didn't know that the police officer's question was a hidden Name your Rival!

I did that too! Just the red-head guy with a strange pose named '???.'

Nothing odd there.

Huh, never posted in this thread.

Well first Pokemon ANYTHING was a Cubone card. First pokemon in a game was Squirtle, but I don't have a lot of sentimental attachment to it because I asked my older friend which one I should pick. So when Gen 2 rolled around, this time I chose for myself and I chose Totodile so I like it a lot more than Squirtle honestly. 'sides, What's cooler? Some silly turtle or a freaking Bipedal Alligator monster?

My first game was Yellow, so I started with Pikachu. Strangely enough, as I played through Yellow, I started to dislike Pikachu more and more because of its frailness and its slow exp gain...

Haha. My first was Yellow, too, but I actually loved my OP Pikachu. It was so overleveled I still remember my shock when it OHKO'd LT Surge's Raichu using Slam and that wasn't even a crit! :D

Good times.

my first game was Crystal. I got it for my b-day years ago, when it was new. I went to the mall with my dad, there was a shop I remember as the one we fixed our watches at. there was Gameboy Color for sale and if you bought it you could choose one of the games there and get it for free, the game I chose was Pokemon Crystal. I knew what Pokemon was from the anime so I bought it. took me five minutes to find out how to leave my room but once I did I enjoyed myself. this post made me nostalgic so I dusted of my GBC, put batteries in it and started up my Crystal, expecting to see the internal battery dried. IT WASN'T. it actually works! I can continue my game from all these years ago! talk about a blast from the past.

My first Pokemon ever was Chikorita. I called him Chiki. It's was nice seeing him again after all this time.

Edited by Reishi Astrea