Who do YOU think is the strongest video gaming protagonist, and why?

CURIE

I would have to say that Mario is the strongest. The man has done some incredible exploits.

• Bowser: The main antagonist of the Mario series has gone to great lengths to beat his plumber adversary. Besides building treacherous castles and sicking his children on us, he has gone as far as capture celestial beings to hone the most powerful artifact in existence, the star rod (Paper Mario).
  • Shadow Queen: Sticking with Paper Mario, he has faced a demon that nearly brought the world to its knees. A thousand years ago, it took the might of four powerful warriors just to seal away the Shadow Queen, where Nintendo's mascot defeated the queen once and for all.
  • Smithy: An old-but good story where Mario teamed up with friends and foes to defeat a mechanized army that has shattered the star road that grants wishes. He defeats Power Rangers ripoffs, a GIANT DEMONIC SWORD, and the mechanized emperor himself.
  • Count Bleck/Demento: Back to the Paper Mario series, he faces a being that has created a weapon that is literally tearing apart the universe. Up against the count of shadows and despair, he manages to defeat the foe. THEN his brother absorbs the weapon and becomes a being that is all but invincible. And still Mario manages to defeat him with the use of the Pure Hearts.

I really can't make up my mind on who would be the strongest, (mario does seem awesome though.) I've never played the game, but who else would want to see Beyonetta's main character kick some more butt with all that time stopping demon summoning angle killing stuff, eh, eh? :D

• 2 weeks later...

Now my first post. Before you say anything don't go like OOO das a god doesn't count. well they can still be beaten. Whiss Beerus or SSJG goku.. Now I understand there are gods except goku which he can go out of that form. Beerus can be beaten by whiss even though he is a god as well. Who can beat whiss? Umm... he's prob gonna be beat by vegeta in the next movie maybe? But that's what I think no hate plz :3

Elizabeth from Bioshock. The power to open and jump into alternate realities is over powered. Knowing every possibility at all times, throw in some vigors and plasmids and you've made an unstoppable force for all of time and space.

Elizabeth is the female lead in Bioshock, but she isn't a protagonist. Booker is the protagonist. Booker has the super power of shooting people with guns though, which is pretty great.

Jedi Exile is the best. Because she can cast Terrify + Master Speed + Master Flurry to hit you 6 times in one round with 2 lightsabers while you whimper in fear. Also the entire Star Wars universe tried to assassinate her over the course of a game and failed. Shes as tenacious as a wolverine. Also the persuade skill is broken. If she ever gets you in a conversation she can basically make you agree to anything.

I'd have to give another vote to Dante for this. You never see him as anything but perfectly cool and in control while fighting, even while taking down some of the most powerful demons in existence. At the start of DMC 3 he gets impaled by around 5 or 6 blades and shrugs it off like it was nothing. He's got super regeneration and strength, and he basically learns his new weapon styles instantly.

Another option might be the protagonist of Dragon's Dogma, assuming it's the post-game character. They

basically become a god, gaining omnipotence. They control the world itself and the events that happen, and they are only able to be killed by the blade Godsbane, which is kept inside of them.

I think this whole discussion while fun is completely impossible to decide. Death Battle for example is an incredibly stupid show, because the only people who can actually decide who wins those battles are the creators. An anime example would be Crocodile (One Piece) Gaara (Naruto). Crocodile can only be hurt by wet things or by haki. Does Gaara have haki? Lol he loses. BUT WAIT IF HE WAS IN THE ONE PIECE UNIVERSE HE WOULD HAVE HAKI! Right but that's what the creators decide!

So the argument is pretty dumb to begin with.

Anyways I'll fanboy with Dobby and put another point into Persona Protagonist, and put mine on Yu Narukami. While Minato was powerful, Yu is actually older by now, and has more social links and powers. Yu uses personas based on his friendships with other people, and he can call on several incredibly powerful ones. His most powerful, Izanagi-No-Okami, managed to scare off a goddess and defeat the will of the majority of the humans on earth. Magatsu Izanagi, another one of his most powerful ones, is a persona with some heavy shadowy powers with reality altering exploits. He also has Helel and Lucifer, both aspects of Satan, Satan himself, and Beelzebub! Depending on how he combines his personas, he can become immune to, absorb, or even reflect fire, wind, electricity, ice, light, dark, or any type of physical attacks. While he is "just a highschool student" the persona ability gives him super resistance, strength, and speed. He isn't an ace swordsman or anything, actually quite bad, but his persona ability makes his strikes hurt. And also, the Wild Card's power is "0". With "infinity potential" and I know it's bullshit to say, but in the games we've never seen the full extent. Scaring off the goddess with his power wasn't his limit. His weakness is taking down his friends, since they are where he draws his power. But since that wouldn't be allowed in this battle c:

Yu Narukami fighto.

• 1 month later...

le bump, I call the main character from soul nomand. He/she has a ****in demon god inside that you can control, and in the bad end

He/she will eat him and gain power that rivals even the gods and destroys 2 worlds

Edited by OmegaRa1der

Sora. Kingdom Hearts.

Because his heart literally can connect to individuals he's met or interacted in any form any universe and those connections will fucktuple in size to the point where he can literally bring back people from the fucking dead through his goddamn heart.

Edited by Ghost