Funky Weather Patterns

Lostelle

So basically I'm trying to get all the footage in the Opal / Peridot Wards for my video of Events Pokémon, but the last few I need require rain and I tested every date until April with ZERO rain storms.

Is this a glitch or is my luck terrible?

It'd be awesome if someone could help me.

You can check the TV to see what the weather will be for the entire week. So you don't have to check the weather daily. However, I have no idea why you aren't getting any rain. Try running around, sometimes the weather takes time to kick in.

EDIT: Ninja'd

Edited by Farnsworth

Could be terrible luck. But it'd have to be really really terrible. Are you still getting other weather effects? Sunny and windy days?

Yes, I am. Sunny is useless to me at the moment and I'm in dire need of rain lol

You can check the TV to see what the weather will be for the entire week. So you don't have to check the weather daily. However, I have no idea why you aren't getting any rain. Try running around, sometimes the weather takes time to kick in.

EDIT: Ninja'd

Yes, I'm walking in & out buildings which resets the weather.

Nah, I don't think time travel causes weather to get stuck. Though doing things in the future can cause in game problems. For instance I can't battle the TMNS guy again until sometime in 2017. Still, like Nick said, back in time is probably your best bet assuming you've had rain at least once.

I've noticed a pattern.

Every Sunday is windy, every Saturday is sunny.

dumb dumb dumb

im reverting back to episode 9 to see if that fixes anything cuz I don't have any older versions but 9

edit; nope, how frustrating

Also, I tried reverting back in time and it's still the same pattern. This is also a completely new save file I'm using too.

I'm starting to think this might be something for bug reporting. This might be pointless but can you do me a favor? Go a year into the future and check the weather on tv and tell me what it says. Then the same thing for a year in the past.

Edited by Damiano

I'm starting to think this might be something for bug reporting. This might be pointless but can you do me a favor? Go a year into the future and check the weather on tv and tell me what it says. Then the same thing for a year in the past.

It still says the same thing that it says when I change the date anytime, and it always has the same weather, Wind on Sunday, and sunny weather on Saturdays.

So here's the thing.

Everytime you advance the clock without changing your zone, you're forcing the weather to remain set in the same manner (For example, if you play the same normally until april now, your weather will be the same until then)

What you should do is go somewhere like the Grand Hall where you can switch zones (from Opal to Peridot) quickly. Advance your calendar one week (You'll likely have to put your calendar past april for it to work). Check the weather for the week, if not acceptable, leave the Grand Hall and leave the zone towards peridot.

Doing this resets the weather for that week, and then you can re-check it and get a new one. If it's still not acceptable, once again advance the calendar one week and try again.

This video explains better than I could:

So here's the thing.

Everytime you advance the clock without changing your zone, you're forcing the weather to remain set in the same manner (For example, if you play the same normally until april now, your weather will be the same until then)

What you should do is go somewhere like the Grand Hall where you can switch zones (from Opal to Peridot) quickly. Advance your calendar one week (You'll likely have to put your calendar past april for it to work). Check the weather for the week, if not acceptable, leave the Grand Hall and leave the zone towards peridot.

Doing this resets the weather for that week, and then you can re-check it and get a new one. If it's still not acceptable, once again advance the calendar one week and try again.

This video explains better than I could:

It worked, thank you VERY much.