Reborn Team 2: Team Harder

Etesian

So I got pretty bored with my last team, to the point that I never even started E14 with it. So I figured it's time for a new run, new team and technically new gym-battles for all the gyms which got field effects in the last 2-3 episodes. Beat E14 today and 4-0 was the worst I've done against any gym, so guess it works, but I'd still like some feedback.

Feraligatr

Sheer Force

Max Attack/Speed EVs

Adamant

Dragon Dance

Waterfall

Ice Punch

Superpower

Ninetales

Drought

Max Speed/Sp.Atk EVs

Timid

Flamethrower

Extrasensory

Energy Ball

Nasty Plot

Lilligant

Own Tempo (occasionally Chlorophyll for stuff like the Arceus battle)

Max Speed/Sp.Atk EVs

Modest

HP Rock
Petal Dance

Sleep Powder

Quiver Dance

Heliolisk

Solar Power

Max Speed/Sp.Atk EVs

Timid

Dark Pulse

Thunderbolt

Grass Knot

HP Ice

Gourgeist

Frisk

Max Defense/Health EVs

Lax

Phantom Force

Leech Seed

Will-o-Wisp

Protect

Durant

Hustle

Max Attack/Speed EVs

Jolly

Iron Head

X-Scissor

Hone Claws

Rock Slide

Archeops

Defeatist

Max Attack/Speed EVs

Jolly

Earthquake

Acrobatics

Rock Slide

Dragon Claw

Toxicroak

Dry Skin

Max Attack, Max Defense

Impish

Poison Jab

Drain Punch

Bulk Up

Sucker Punch

Mostly just stuff I felt like using which just so happened to form into a pretty good party of 8 (eventually, Feraligatr was benched from the start of the game until the end of E14 because I waited until I could get it's current set). I generally hate stally stuff, but Gourgeist has yet to fail in killing any physical foe on her own, including Garchomp and PULSE Avalugg, and the statuses generally kill foes in 5 turns.

Smart move with having 2 back ups (something I plan on doing once i beat E14) I like Goureist and have one on my team but I haven't gotten good use out of it. I ran it as more of an attacker but this strategy might work better.

That dry skin on your toxicroak might not function very well with ninetails' drought. Maybe swap it to poison touch, which surely be helpful.
Also, is dragon claw really functional on archeops? You only get super-effective coverage on one type with that move.
For the rest, I can only hope that an in-game character doesn't use that team on me...

Edited by laggless01

Also, is dragon claw really functional on archeops? You only get super-effective coverage on one type with that move.

It is fine he has perfect coverage on it even without it. Crunch or U-Turn would give slightly more coverage but he already has dark and bug moves and not a single dragon move, so I think it is ok.

That dry skin on your toxicroak might not function very well with ninetails' drought. Maybe swap it to poison touch, which surely be helpful.

For the rest, I can only hope that an in-game character doesn't use that team on me...

...I was 100% sure that was Poison Point and not Touch until now. I'm an idiot. Dry Skin is what it happened to have when I got it, and I just went with it. Dry Skin could come in handy with Amaria, but I guess I'll stick with Poison Touch till then.

And Dragon Claw is there because Dragon is a type I want to be as well-prepared for as I can be. Also, the only alternatives are Crunch and U-Turn (Knock Off doesn't work since it'd cost me Earthquake), both of which have unnecessary coverage (which I already have) as has been stated above, I'm not a big fan of U-Turn's switching-out effect (great for comp, kinda sucky in-game) and I hardly ever use move #4 on Archeops anyways.

Well, perfect team.

Not that it will make a big difference, but is DDance + Superpower working for you? I also run superpower on my feraligatr, but maybe brick break will be better.

In the future solarbeam > energy ball. (If Ame decides to add it)

I like your chlorophyll idea, I might try that on my Lilligant for special events.

Nice Heliolisk.

Gourgeist? Well, it seems good.

Durant strong as always.

Nice Archeops.

As someone has said before, poison touch > dry skin (until Amaria).

Amazing team, one of the best I've seen here.

Edited by Follow

My old computer died, got a new one, starter reborn again...f*ck me, I put more than 150 hours on my last saved file :( . Funny, I started with Totodile and kind of already did a spreadsheet on the new team I'm going to be building. I only got 1 thing to said about your Feraligatr:

My Feraligatr is the same as yours BUT I invest max HP instead of Speed. It have Dragon Dance so I didn't felt the need to invest Speed EVs.... Wouldn't it be better to be bulkier on setting up Dragon Dance?

My Feraligatr is the same as yours BUT I invest max HP instead of Speed. It have Dragon Dance so I didn't felt the need to invest Speed EVs.... Wouldn't it be better to be bulkier on setting up Dragon Dance?

Yeah, I was thinking about that one for a while and really wasn't sure whether it'd be better for it to set up once and se what it can do or take time and hits to get 2/3 DDs. Then I found it's defense is actually a lot better than I thought. I was on the fence about it because foes In Reborn have EVs top, but you're right, HP realy would be better for. Good thing I have yet to go "create" this guy in the daycare :P