First Gym Down! :D

Floyd

Okay, so, when I came to the forums, so of you guys told me that the gyms were gonna be challenging. Keeping this in mind, I kept my pokemon's levels relatively close to each others. I also tried to play it smart. I took a pokemon in, knowing full well that he was gonna faint in the start.

Team consisted of

Trubbish Lv 8

Meowth Lv 16

Charmander Lv 14

Panpour Lv 14

Hoothoot Lv 15

Trubbish tagged along because of Toxic Spikes. I threw him out there, he did his thing(I didn't know that you could use it twice to badly poison the enemy however), and fainted shortly after. My Meowth knows Fake Out and Bite. So far, I've been combining Meowth's attacks with Hoothoots Hypnosis. It's been effectively working, but with the field poison, I knew it wouldn't. Essentially, everyone on my team was a bodyguard for Meowth.

It almost worked. I got to Electrode and promptly lost. I took a look at what I had in my pokemon storage and found a Lv 12 Purrloin with the ability Limber thinking 'maybe he can get a couple hits in before fainting..'. It ended up not doing much in the ways of attacks, but it had its use as a meat-shield.

Second round:

Trubbish Lv 8

Meowth Lv 17

Charmander Lv 14

Panpour Lv 14

Hoothoot Lv 15

Purrloin Lv 12

Trubbish goes out, does his thing, takes a thundershock crit at half health and is retiring for the fight. Meowth comes out and cleans house with her first Pokemon. She sends out voltorb so I send out Charmander - who dispatches voltorb with some ease via the poison field. Second Voltorb comes out, and I think Charmander takes care of it too, but I can't recall. All I know is when Emolga comes out, he's not around anymore. Since Emolga isn't affected by the poison, I try and take it out with Hoothoot(I know, but hypnosis!!). Hoothoot missed 3 outta 3 attempts on Hypnosis and fainted. So out comes Meowth to save the day.

This leaves me to fight her Blitzle and Electrode with Panpour, Meowth and Purrloin. Its looking kinda grim to be honest. Wasn't sure I was gonna pull it off. I'm not sure how the rest of the fight went, but Meowth managed to win it for me. The last move was Purrloin fainting after using assist to use Panpour's Water Gun and taking a pixel of health, then Meowth coming out and not having to do anything because the Poison took out Electrode.

I risked it and played it a little smart, and the badge was mine in the end because of one Pokemon. I can't wait for the next badge! > :D

Edit: Meowth took no damage during the whole fight. He caused every single pokemon he attacked to flinch. :D

Edited by Floyd

Nice going!! It's always best you have a full team of 6 against gyms. Also you might want to consider levelling up that trubbish. I know it doesn't seem like much of a threat but it's really helpful (acid spray OP at this point of the game)

@xiri I agree,dragon rage can kill mons

Edited by Dhanush D Bhatt

A certain move that Charmander learns pretty soon will help you in the early gyms (that move would have made the fight with Julia REALLY easy but meh)

Yeah, I ended up teaching him Dragon Rage the first fight after winning the badge just now. Probably would of helped a bit lol.

Nice going!! It's always best you have a full team of 6 against gyms. Also you might want to consider levelling up that trubbish. I know it doesn't seem like much of a threat but it's really helpful (acid spray OP at this point of the game)

I'm considering it. His poison and Meowth were the reason I got the badge after all.

Edited by Floyd

Congrats! :D I'm just starting out too, on the 4th gym. I totally lucked out on the first gym. :x Leader missed her attack on me that would've killed me and I flinched her Pokemon and attacked again and killed it.

I suggest keeping a max party of Pokemon and have them all around the same level. Also keep some in the box for backup later in case you want to switch out some Pokemon. I'm only on the 4th gym and it's hard T_T.

Your charmander/meleon will be of great use in the next gym.. So will trubbish.. There is also a kricketot which can seriously mess with her..

True that. Set up a double toxic spikes with trubbish, spam acid spray. Spam bug moves on kricketot. Spam echoed voice with whismur/hoot-hoot. Spam fire moves/dragon rage with charmeleon