Is there any way to sabotage Magma/Aqua gang via inside? if not, help?

Stormie

i was assuming, by joining a gang, the game meant i would be an insider, working to unravel the gang's dirty deeds. but, the more they spoke to me, the more a began to become suspicious that i might be actually joining a gang.. uh-oh.

i'm a good girl. i don't wanna be in their gang. i tried following, just in case, and low and behold, there it was, the option to steal the grouchy lady's pokemon. i didn't steal it, or her water stone (restarted the game after i found out i couldn't return them to her).

so, i'm basically asking if there's /something/ i can do to help this lady. if not, what happens if i just leave the event, after having beaten the aqua thugs? does it just stay there eternally? trust me, i love an interesting antagonist. does that mean i want to play 1? so, yea. if anybody knows a way i can help this lady get her pokemon back, or what happens if i just leave it alone, that'd be lovely. thanks bunches.

You join one or the other, it's pretty important in the story later on. (Which you choose is irrelevant except for a few minor rewards)

There is no deferral option.

joining a gang is important to the story? well, i did notice their cause sounded righteous.. like robin hood, he said. so, i'm taking from this evidently crude rich lady, to help the poor?

Trust me, you don't want to help this lady. Just steal her stuff, she deserves it.

um, well she seemed rude, but nothing more than that. it hardly seems like cause to steal her pokemon, though? but, like i said in the above post, she could be even worse than that. i'll allow spoilers, if you feel like they're needed to explain, like if she treats the pokemon awfully, or sells them for money, etc.

You don't want spoilers but when you reach a certain point the game will require you to join one of the teams. (I personally haven't reached the specific point without joining the teams so I can't say for sure but in order to pass a point as far as I know it has been canon that the protagonist is affiliated with one of them.)

In the short run, I'd say Aqua is the better option. In previous episodes, Magma was better because of that Chinchou. In the long run, there is no difference as you're able to obtain all the prizes after the 7th street events. You can fight the other gang boss pretty shortly (after going to Beryl Cemetery short), but it is hard and I'd recommend waiting a little bit.

let's just say, The woman obtained all her pokemon through less than legal and what some might even deem 'unethical' means, which I will leave you to find the exact specifics of later on in the story.

They're pretty much just property to her in short. that's a little hint on what she's like.

But yeah, just steal her mons, you're actually doing them a favor by taking them with you

Basically, without giving too much of a tip in the direction of spoilers, this lady is a tyrant who rules with a regime of fear and throws her money around to gain power.You will want her to suffer.

i was surprisingly close, aha. thanks, needed this.

In the short run, I'd say Aqua is the better option. In previous episodes, Magma was better because of that Chinchou. In the long run, there is no difference as you're able to obtain all the prizes after the 7th street events. You can fight the other gang boss pretty shortly (after going to Beryl Cemetery short), but it is hard and I'd recommend waiting a little bit.

alright, i won't go early at all. pokemon are getting hard to maintain level wise, anyway.