In Game Team Recommendations

Theboomstick

I'm not really knowledgeable about team building, so I was hoping for some advice on what type(s) of pokemon I should look to add to my rotation as well as movesets for my current pokemon.

My team currently:

Typhlosion (lvl 75)

Ability: Blaze

Cut

Eruption

Flamethrower

Flame Charge

Crobat (lvl 75)

Ability: Infiltrator

Air Slash

Confuse Ray

Poison Fang

Dark Pulse

Primeape (lvl 75)

Ability: Vital Spirit

Thrash

Close Combat

Rock Smash

Karate Chop

Raichu (lvl 75)

Ability: Lightningrod

Thunderbolt

Slam

Thunder

Discharge

Flygon (lvl 75)

Ability: Levitate

Crunch

Earth Power

Earthquake

Dragon Claw

Dewgong (lvl 75)

Ability: Ice Body

Surf

Ice Beam

Dive

Hail

Espeon (lvl 75)

Ability: Synchronize

Psychic

Swift

Shadow Ball

Calm Mind

Florges (lvl 75)

Ability: Flower Veil

Moonblast

Petal Dance

Aromatherapy

Wish

Aerodactyl (lvl 75)

Ability: Pressure

Rock Slide

Iron Head

Fire Fang

Ice Fang

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

Hello, theboomstick, and welcome to Reborn (it seems this is your first post here).

Maybe you could add a dark-type or steel-type to your rotation, but I don't think they're all that important (You've already beaten the Pyschic-type and Ghost-type gyms, and the Steel-type would be useful only because of the reseistances it has).

I see you're using Hail on Dewgong; you probably could add other Pokémon that work well in hail (like another Ice-type).

If you want you can change Dewgong for Walrein, who learns Blizzard by leveling up (unlike Dewgong) and has higher HP.

About the movesets:

some Pokémon seem to have two or more moves of the same type (like Discharge and Thunderbolt on Raichu). You can change them with some TM or with a move relearner.

I'm not that far in the game so I don't know what TMs you have though :/

I hope I was helpful

probably someone else will help more

3 attacks of the same type is really unnecessary. Keep Eruption, take Extrasensory(via Vulpix/Nuzleaf) and Hidden Power, and ditch Cut.

There's not much to choose from for the fourth move. Flamethrower is stronger whenever Typhlosion is at 2/3 or less of it's health. But Flame Charge can help sweep if you don't get hit on the first turn and get to spam full-power Eruptions. Some physical move like Brick Break could work, but don't expect too much of it's mediocre physical attack.

Running Poison Fang is pointless when Cross Poison is available. Acrobatics would also be much better than Air Slash. Confuse Ray is also eh, Zen Headbutt would be better.

But there's a much better set for it. Nasty Plot (via Honchkrow), Venoshock, Air Slash, Hidden Power Fighting/Ground.

Primeape is bad at this point of the game, but if you want to keep it, keep Close Combat, replace the last three move. Punishment/Night Slash, Thrash and Screech are about the best you can go for. But if you go back to pre-E13, you can get Poison Jab, Rock Slide, Earthquake and Acrobatics via Smeargle, check the pinned guide in this section to see how it's done. Sleep has also been non-existent in-game so far, so either Defiant or Anger Point would be better, I prefer AP.

Keep Discharge, give it Hidden Power (Fire/Ice would be fantastic), Grass Knot and Nasty Plot(gotten by not evolving Pichu until level 13 or 18).

Both Earth Power and EQ is pointless. Rock Slide would be much better. Also, ditch Crunch, since we're past both Shade and Radomus, next to nothing will be hit Super-effectively by it now. Superpower would be much better.

Dewgong really isn't terribly good. Ditch Hail, you have only one Pokemon taking advantage of it (and not even by that much), while everything else on your team is just hurt by it. Keep Surf and Ice Beam, but get an HM Slave and remove Dive. Aqua Jet and Perish Song, maybe Hidden Power oughta work, but it's really not that great.

Magic Bounce is much better for Espeon. Swift is also bad this late. Hidden Power Fighting would be perfect for it, Stored Power can work with Calm Mind (though any physical attacker makes setting up impossible). Yawn is also very useful.

Aromatherapy and Wish are pointless since we have healing items in-game. Hidden Power works, and if you go back to pre-E13, Light Screen, Calm Mind and Psychic can be gotten onto it (Spritzee>Swirlix>Florges).

I strongly advise getting Tailwind onto it.

First, get rid of the weaker HMs, and put those on a slave bibarel or so...
Like cyaloom said, having multiple moves of the same type on one pokemon isn't recommended (eruption + flamethrower is, however, since eruption isn't a move wth fixed BP).
You should decide if you want a physical or special attacking crobat, mixing causes it to be less powerful. physical could run cross poison (or poison fang for maybe a lucky hax) and acrobatics, while the special one can run venoshock (or sludge bomb, if you find a way), air slash, HP, shadow ball, dark pulse...pick four ;)
Maybe you want to breed a primeape with elemental punch(es)? You can also get lucario in an event
Grass knot works quite well on raichu, and maybe a nice HP (idk, ice perhaps)?
Do what you want with flygon. Mine has rock slide instead of earth power, but you might want to keep it hence to some less fun side effects of EQ.
I sadly never used dewgong, so I don't have advice on that one. The same for florges.
There are probably better moves for espeon than swift. HP, for examle, if it gives you more coverage.
Goddamit etesian, I was almost finished :/

Theboomstick, the post above gives you way better and more complete advice. He pretty much already mentions what I wanted to say.

Edited by laggless01