[IC] Gaelach Basm: Kal' Enendral

Kurotsune

"My friend, do you know the limitations of your ability? Just how much gold can you make at any given time? Even if the lord has little standing, we may still manage to bribe and buy our way into the good graces of the locals if we have sufficient gold."

"well that's one way of using my skill.." Raven scratch his head. "I'm a bit offended if you think my ability is just for gaining riches, Karn" Raven replied with a playful smile. "unlike your water bending skills, my curse is permanently active and doesn't have an off switch; meaning I can transmute anything or anyone into solid gold at anytime just as long as I made contact with it with my left hand..i can paralyze a man's body parts in a matter of seconds as i turn them into a deadweight karat of gold, the only limitation my gift has is: it's harder for me to coat larger objects, my curse doesn't spread that quickly on larger targets such as this ship, it requires me great amount of concentration to do so."

"Anyhow, count me in this training. it's been a long time since I've been in combat" Raven said to Karn.

Time passed. Flew by, some would say. Soon, the day was upon our groups that they would approach the Lunamancer's fortress and the beast hiding in the waters surrounding it. As the day of the plan's execution draws near, so do the black clouds that begin to encircle the ship. As soon as the tower comes into full view, the first droplets of water begin to fall, the ocean beginning to twist and turn in unrestrained fury, waves crashing against the ships and ships rocking upon the waves.

"Right on time." Iain mutters. Right on time indeed. Asgall lights his signal flare to let Iain know his men are prepared to act, and follows suit. The commands the two men shout in their respective ships are similar.

"Ready the ice! Prepare the false boats! Get on position! Unfurl the sails!"

All preparations are done, and everything is readied flawlessly. Iain takes his position in the front of the ship and stares at the open sea, in hopes of a sign.

Suddenly, a roar is heard. Loud, vicious, blood-curling, the deep sound echoes within your bones and shakes your soul to it's core. A sailor takes his side by Iain, staring at the tower. "That was the Leviathan? All the way at the tower? Damn, that thing is loud."

Iain looks at the man. First, reflective. Then, despair and revelation dawn on him at once.

"That didn't come from the tower..."

He turns around and draws his sword

"It came from below! All hands, prepare for collision!"

The sound of a large body crashing against wood made Asgall look away from the tower and towards Iain's ship

"IAIN!" The gruff man yelled hopelessly as he saw the Leviathan, in it's full esplendor, crash the smaller and defenseless vessel to pieces. The crash caused the ice in Iain's boat to fall into the water and raise up their share of the fog, which only made the creature look more fearsome among mist and thunder.

The creature is large, gargantual. It's body is covered in navy-blue scales that reflect the light as if it could produce it on it's own. It's size is incredible - The head alone was easily the size of a small boat! As the giant snake-like creature's body uncoiled itself against the ocean waves, crashing the already-shattered debris of Iain's vessel,

Asgall stood motionless at first, in despair, as his men looked at him for what to do. Blast it all. You better not have died on me, boy! Flashes through his mind as he turns and begins to shout his commands.

"Release the dry ice! Prepare the false boats! Our mission has changed, men! We're getting the fuck out of here!"

(( IMPORTANT: Roland and Ritcher may continue to post normally. All others, do NOT reply to this thread until further instruction. ))

Roland felt nothing but fear and pity for those on board Iain's ship. Just as vicious as ever, you foul beast, he thought to himself as he watched the gargantuan sea monster rise from the deep and begin its assault on the small fleet. Such is the fate of those who challenge the Leviathan, he thought bitterly. Then, Asgall began giving orders. The archer jumped at the opportunity to aid those now in the water, adroitly running along the ship despite the churning waves. Perhaps there is hope for them yet, he held out as he moved toward the crates holding the dry ice. Asgall had shown them how dangerous the dry ice could be. It was so cold that to touch it with one's bare hands, or even inadequate gloves, meant burning one's skin. He saw Stig struggling with a crate, unable to lift it above the ship's rail.

"Aye, lad, come help me with this one!" the grizzled old seafarer shouted. Roland made his way to the man and got on the other side of the crate, wedging his fingers underneath the bottom. "On three, lad!" Roland nodded. "One..." the sailor shouted. "Two..." came the next cry as the Leviathan's head came into view shortly, then dipped back into the water. "Three!"

On three both men heaved to, sending the dry ice down into the water, a dense mist beginning to rise. "Good job, lad! Now onto the next one!" Stig yelled over the whipping winds and crashing waves, leading Roland to the next crate of dry ice.

Richter felt strong sorrow for what may have happened to Iain and those who were sailing with him, but dared not lose hope. There was a possibility that at least some made it out alive, and he was not prepared to share this fate. He saw that Roland and Stig were doing a good job with the dry ice, and rushed over to help with it. It was unlikely that he could pick up one of the fake boats by himself. The Leviathan's shadow was visible through the mist, thought it was very thick at this point. The Leviathan was terrifying: its shadow loomed as far as the eye could see. Once the mist got dense enough, he called over to the rest:

"Everyone! Help me release the false boats! We gotta do this quickly!"

A large shadow was roaming rather closely...

"Heave!" came the shout from the rugged old seaman. The last several crates of dry ice fell from the rails, disappearing into the mist and offering a feeble splash to remind the sailors what still lurked beneath the churning waves. Stig looked behind him at Roland and pointed to Richter, who was now stationed near the false boats. "Go, archer!" he yelled. "Help yer mate with that trick boat. I'll not be far behind!" The pirate began screaming at the other men aboard, directing the sails and the men up in the rigging while other pirates rushed to help the two adventurers with the false boats.

Roland moved across the ship toward the starboard rail, bending to begin lifting the false longboat with Richter. "We must make haste!" he said quickly. "The Leviathan will be upon us soon if we do not!" He began to heave, trusting Richter to begin moving the longboat with him as other men aboard the ship began to do the same with the other boats.

(( Mood music:

))

"MAN THE CANNONS! LOWER THE FLAGS!" Asgall shouted one command after another frantically as all hands about the ship shuffled around.

"What are we doing, captain?!" One of the sailors stops to question the captain as he spins the ship's wheel causing the vessel to do a complete turn around

"We need to go to Sigetto!" Asgall shouts. "Prepare, men! We're going to burst through!"

And after setting the course to Sigetto, Asgall releases the wheel, telling the sailor at his side to keep the ship steady. The bruttish man begins hurling the boxes at the sea, greatly intenstifying the mist surrounding the ship. The leviathan roars, and it swims in a mad dash towards the false boats beign released towards the Lunamancer's tower going right by the side of Asgall's ship - Barely touching it, to the luck of the passengers.

"Now's our chance!" The man shouts turning to the sailor manning the wheel "Use the booster shots!"

"Aye aye, capn!" The man releases the wheel and rushes below deck. Suddenly, the two back cannons are shot, but rather than aiming at the creature the cannons are aimed down. Whatever magic used in this shot is likely how Asgall could smuggle passengers to and from Sigetto to begin with - As soon as the cannons are shot, the impact creates a large wave, and the ship sails in it's wake, the boost to it's speed allowing it to clear the area quickly enough.

As the shot occurs, the Leviathan suddenly snaps towards the ship. It begins to give chase, but after a certain distance, the creature stops and lets out a bellow. Not quite like the thunderous roar that echoed in the seas before, this time the monster sounded almost to be crying out in sorrow.

Now in the clear, Asgall returns to the middle of the ship. The storm begins to clear up, and all men are staring at each other. A great feat has been achieved today, and yet the mirth from before is gone. No one sings or cries out in joy. No one celebrates. The men stare at each other in silence, before the captain finally breaches it.

"I ain' one for speeches, and ye all know it, so I'mma keep this simple.

The princy-boy was a prude, but he was a good man. A respectable man. His plan was sound. It should've worked. - The gods, it should've worked - But it didn'. Clearly there's somethin' bout the beast we don' know. Maybe it was feedin' or something and we had shitty luck. Maybe it was trickin' us when we were testin' with it before and somehow it jus'... knew. But I'd rather not entertain tha' line o' thought."

He sighs, shakes his head, and continues.

"We'll head to sigetto. Iain had the letter to the King of Vechul, so we're pretty fucked in the making them believe in us department... Meanin' we better find another way to make 'em help us. Sigetto's more important though... We know somethin' new 'bout the Leviathan, an' we'll need ta plot accordingly.

We'll need an' army to take 'im down... An' that means we need Sigetto.

Y'all know my rules. If you agree with me plan, we continue. If ye don', draw yer weapon. If ye can' kill me, yer captain an' you make the shots." He turns to Roland and Ritcher, and peers at them.

"Well? Yer part o' the crew now. Ye think I'm wrong?"

Roland shook his head, still in disbelief over the sudden loss of Iain. "No. But this is a sad day. We lost a great leader today. That man had the bearing of a proper king," the archer lamented. "But that is a worry for times of peace." He thought for a moment, weighing their options. "I am of this land. Perhaps there are still members of my House alive in the capital. I know they would lend whatever men they had to our cause," he mused. He then turned to Richter. "What about you?"

Richter collected his thoughts and said: "I do believe that going to Sigetto may be our best course of action at the moment. The Leviathan has proven itself to be a more formidable enemy than we anticipated, and getting extra forces will help us greatly. That is what I think."

Asgall laughs. "Fair 'nuff, then! Everyone back to their posts. When we get to Sigetto, we'll be in enemy lands, lads, until we get somewhere safe. So be prepared!"

EnCt248bf87d49c7aeae7becff7d01bce04804eff6c5148bf87d49c7aeae7becff7d0D2CbPXoaWgF
xrzEa1lSbCS1plsSdKHI/OrJLe4DkZJAO+J5x1uQ/LOE/k/izrJ0Rc4iOGFwlqOi7RdtqdIWzs0YTDgY
JSiqaR8Y9adX5Swizy1Q6DktQRmcyZRelhZ6YFEYJW2udbuhkCRqqI4LhCkK1ZuZyxfFV4eg0WONFOAI
ktW312PVn4XlflsNzMGABK9pYRKN/8c9xoyu3VcNRlBa/NRVxLXrMkKFo+yX4Pf+PPg1MRkEGKTi7YNx
vhqj1oB4LSsNHrpXSMnBynN2IS6KbhsKUmGJsyPorEM7gq35dHk3DGTA9JuiU1vboDgDo5/0=IwEmS

And so, ends Kal' Enendral. The day Iain was lost at sea would forever be remembered as the major catalyst for what future would know as Shion cogadh, the moon's war.
The adventures of Asgall and his companions continue in Gaelach Basm: Varulv Amriya
See you then!