Mystery Pokemon

AZKnight

The concept is really simple and I've seen it done at places like GameFAQs and...wait! Don't leave! Just because it was on GameFAQs forums doesn't mean it will be the horrible spawn of trolls and flamers.

Anyway, this is how it works. A person will start (I'll do it) and comes up with a Pokemon and gives a clue as to what it is. This could be a vague description, an excerpt from a Pokedex entry, little known trivia, or some other information that will lead to the Pokemon. Then everyone gets to guess ONCE at what they think the Pokemon is. If no one guesses right or the person thinks enough time has passed, they can provide another hint, at which point everyone can guess again. Whoever guess correctly is declared the winner then they get to think of the next Pokemon.

Depending on how well this does maybe I'll start little weekly awards, like Best Hint or Pokedex Master for most correct answers. For now, here is the first hint:

[i][b]This Pokemon was originally going to be the official mascot of Pokémon until Pikachu was used instead due to its popularity in the anime.[/b][/i]

[u]Solved Mysteries[/u]

[i][b]This Pokémon was originally going to be the official mascot of Pokémon until Pikachu was used instead due to its popularity in the anime.[/b][/i] – [color=#000000;background:#000000;' onmouseover="this.style.color='#FFFFFF'" onmouseout="this.style.color='#000000']Clefairy[/color]

[i][b]Who in the Pokedex is classified under as Legendary Pokémon?[/b][/i] – [color=#000000;background:#000000;' onmouseover="this.style.color='#FFFFFF'" onmouseout="this.style.color='#000000']Arcanine[/color]

[i][b]This Pokémon family resists or is immune to 13 types, more than any other pokemon to date.[/b][/i] – [color=#000000;background:#000000;' onmouseover="this.style.color='#FFFFFF'" onmouseout="this.style.color='#000000']Magnemite/Magneton/Magnezone[/color]

[i][b]What Pokémon resist both Dark and Fighting?[/b][/i] – [color=#000000;background:#000000;' onmouseover="this.style.color='#FFFFFF'" onmouseout="this.style.color='#000000']Croagunk/Toxicroak/Heracross
[/color]
[i][b]This Pokémon was Blue's starter in the Japanese manga Pokemon Special.[/b][/i] – [color=#000000;background:#000000;' onmouseover="this.style.color='#FFFFFF'" onmouseout="this.style.color='#000000']Charmander[/color]

[i][b]This Pokémon is the creator's [Satoshi Tajiri] favorite Pokémon.[/b][/i] – [color=#000000;background:#000000;' onmouseover="this.style.color='#FFFFFF'" onmouseout="this.style.color='#000000']Poliwhirl[/color]

[i][b]This non-legendary Pokémon is designed after a Legendary, Japanese Beast.[/b][/i] – [color=#000000;background:#000000;' onmouseover="this.style.color='#FFFFFF'" onmouseout="this.style.color='#000000']Golduck[/color]

[i][b]This was the only non-Bug, non-Poison Pokémon that could learn a Bug-type move in Generation I.[/b][/i] – [color=#000000;background:#000000;' onmouseover="this.style.color='#FFFFFF'" onmouseout="this.style.color='#000000']Jolteon[/color]

[i][b]What is the only Pokémon family that learns the move Waterfall by level up?[/b][/i] – [color=#000000;background:#000000;' onmouseover="this.style.color='#FFFFFF'" onmouseout="this.style.color='#000000']Goldeen/Seaking[/color]

[i][b]What is the only Pokémon that learns Flash by level up?[/b][/i] – [color=#000000;background:#000000;' onmouseover="this.style.color='#FFFFFF'" onmouseout="this.style.color='#000000']Volbeat[/color]

[i][b]What is the only non-legendary, non- Smeargle Pokémon that could, in previous generations, learn both a "next attack 100% accuracy" move, and an OHKO move?[/b][/i] – [color=#000000;background:#000000;' onmouseover="this.style.color='#FFFFFF'" onmouseout="this.style.color='#000000']Poliwrath[/color]

[i][b]What is the only Pokémon species recognized as having its own distinct verbal language?[/b][/i] – [color=#000000;background:#000000;' onmouseover="this.style.color='#FFFFFF'" onmouseout="this.style.color='#000000']Jynx[/color]

[i][b]This Pokémon holds the distinction of being the first Pokémon ever created according to Ken Sugimori.[/b][/i] - [color=#000000;background:#000000;' onmouseover="this.style.color='#FFFFFF'" onmouseout="this.style.color='#000000']Rhydon[/color]

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bullet got it correct!

Clefairy was one of the main characters from one of the earliest Pokemon series, [i]Pokemon Pocket Monsters[/i]. Pikachu was also in this series and continued into the anime. Needless to say, Clefairy looks much...different in the games now.
[img]http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/4/42/Cover_01.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Bullet' post='1302' date='Jul 19 2010, 04:26 PM']You ruin all the fun xD
Magnemite/Magneton/Magnezone[/quote]
This.